Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1510373 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1021962 Nov 11, 2013
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021963 Nov 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Realtime all the time bent over and punked by No Surprize Carol you looking like an ignorant idiot you dumbass....
It's the culture...
Somehow, no matter what party you represent, I suspect you're the result of generations of inbreeding!

Be proud son!
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1021964 Nov 11, 2013
Finally!

Obama: "I’d like to apologize for lying to your faces several hundred times about keeping your plan and doctors if you liked them..."

What?

I'm dreaming?

Oh...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021965 Nov 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
businesses can move across the river in a flash if De Blasio gets too greedy...
just as the middle class left NYC years ago...
put a tax on stock transactions and the NYSE will be in Hoboken on Monday...
the De Blasio rap act will disappear in a sea of Chicago-style gang crime....
And the reich wingers could have not held America and Americans hostages son.

It only proved to show their terrorist colors!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1021966 Nov 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Factually son, you appear to be an idiot of the first order.
Be proud!
Yeah you Gilligan, factually our little hitler and local radical islamist apologist of the first order you idiot.

It's the culture...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1021967 Nov 11, 2013
Signs the Progressive Economy is on fire!

Helpless Americans...

Have to import Apricots...

"In 2012 apricots valued at nearly $51.9 million were imported. Nearly 90 percent, or $46.5 million, of the imported apricots were dried apricots from Turkey..."

http://www.agmrc.org/commodities__products/fr...
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1021968 Nov 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
businesses can move across the river in a flash if De Blasio gets too greedy...
just as the middle class left NYC years ago...
put a tax on stock transactions and the NYSE will be in Hoboken on Monday...
the De Blasio rap act will disappear in a sea of Chicago-style gang crime....
Skyrocketing crime rates and tax increases to fund entitlements will doom NYC.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021969 Nov 11, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Fat idiot, I'm an atheist.
not a problem, but there are also many Christians that reject the fundamentalist approach and deeply resent their arrogant approach to Christianity...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1021970 Nov 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Somehow, no matter what party you represent, I suspect you're the result of generations of inbreeding!
Be proud son!
When posting on Topix you idiot, there is a fine line between what's on your deranged mind you inbred moron and and "You should probably see a therapist about this you retard??"

It's the culture...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1021971 Nov 11, 2013

Holy Guacamole!

"The United States is a net importer of avocados with negligible exports. Between 1995 and 2008, the gap between imports and exports widened substantially."

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1021972 Nov 11, 2013

Holy Blackberry!

"n 2010, the U.S. imported 95.7 million pounds of fresh blackberries and 21.1 million pounds of frozen product..."

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1021973 Nov 11, 2013

Why so Blue?
Because of this:

"The United States is a net importer of fresh blueberries. In 2012, the nation imported fresh blueberries valued at nearly $419.8 million..."

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021974 Nov 11, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
"The United States imports 91 percent of its seafood, about half of which is from aquaculture. This results in a large and growing annual seafood trade deficit of more than $10.4 billion..."
We have to import fish?
http://www.fishwatch.gov/farmed_seafood/outsi...
when the government bans fishing and makes aquaculture prohibitively expensive through environmental regulations...what do you expect???...
Mr Lib

Chinese Camp, CA

#1021976 Nov 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the issue is when the bill was passed and signed...
JFK was somewhat ineffectual in getting legislation through Congress, while LBJ was a master of the art...
Tired of hearing what a "master" LBJ was.

Civil rights legislation was crafted by Kennedy loyalists. All LBJ did was sign off on it. Passage wasn't the big deal some try to make it out to be. JFK's death brought on such an outpouring of support, many in both parties were determined to preserve his legacy.

I don't recall LBJ having any effect on Southern congressmen and Senators during the Civil Rights face-off.

His real "legacy" was to go along with the Pentagaon and CIA in launching an ill-fated war in Indochina. He was no liberal.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1021977 Nov 11, 2013

Yeah!

"Total U.S. cherry exports, sweet and tart varieties combined, were valued at $558.4 million in 2012..."

Then why do this?

"The United States imported cherries valued at nearly $136.8 million in 2012. Chile was the main supplier, providing cherries valued at nearly $49.9 million."

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1021978 Nov 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>These men believe and support your right to bear arms: Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, Kennedy, Bush...
These liberals "OPPOSE" your belief and right to bear arms: Castro, Stalin, Amin, Lenin, Mao, Chavez, Hitler, Obama.
Who do you trust old woman?
It's the culture...
Well, first of all Washington, Jefferson, Madison and Hamilton lived in a different time and place when assault weapons didn't exist. Your references to Stalin, Amin, Lenin, Mao, Chavez and Hitler is just plain laughable as they, too, lived in a different time and place where the 2nd amendment wasn't an issue. And, your omission of Reagan is lying by omission...most telling.

Get real! Gun Control didn't even become an issue until after Kennedy's assassination.

OBAMA, Oct. 2012: "We're a nation that believes in the Second Amendment, and I believe in the Second Amendment. We've got a long tradition of hunting and sportsmen and people who want to make sure they can protect themselves. My belief is that we have to enforce the laws we've already got, make sure that we're keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We've done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we've got more to do when it comes to enforcement. But weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced."

REAGAN, 1989:“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”

BUSH: "I did think we ought to extend the assault weapons ban and was told the bill was never going to move. I believe law-abiding citizens ought to be able to own a gun. I believe in background checks."

“no one told me”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1021979 Nov 11, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Tyson exported $6 billion worth last year__was Carol your math teacher?
Hah, albumen
Stick to your field of expertise, pigs, squeeler. oink,oink
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021980 Nov 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are specified in the law.
You will find the list in Sec. 1302,(b) Essential Health Benefit Requirements.
page 59; http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppa...
Did the idiots who voted for this abortion realize that it would result in the cancellation of tens of millions of insurance policies/

“no one told me”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1021981 Nov 11, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Finally!
Obama: "I’d like to apologize for lying to your faces several hundred times about keeping your plan and doctors if you liked them..."
What?
I'm dreaming?
Oh...
With Oblamer it's more like a nightmare.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1021982 Nov 11, 2013

Say it ain't so!!!

We import Cranberries!

"The United States imports some cranberries, mainly from Canada. The majority of the imported cranberries in 2012 were fresh and valued at nearly $72.8 million, a 43 percent jump from the previous year..."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RMG : Was there surveillance at Trump Tower ? 1 hr Mr oH 64
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 1 hr UnderstandPeople 700
this is the mixed race thread (Dec '11) 2 hr Emily 122
Jimi Hendrix vs Jimmy Page? Best guitar hero? 2 hr WHITE AMERICA 4 EVER 8
Blacks are ugly (Jun '16) 3 hr WHITE AMERICA 4 EVER 21
Bi/Gay skype sex??? (Dec '12) 3 hr Sammysissy999 114
Why do black women have very long nails? (Oct '15) 3 hr WHITE AMERICA 4 EVER 7
White men DO NOT want white girls who date blac... (Nov '10) 3 hr jtr304 5,489
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 4 hr Cigar Face 25 1,447
White men are the solution for the single black... 5 hr IT IS I 231
Blacks and Tipping 7 hr KIP 102
More from around the web