Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252476 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#1020435 Nov 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you can't address any issue without endorsing a particular political orientation.

I don't care what the sexuality is. I will discriminate against anyone who shoves their sexuality in my face.
Get used to that fact.

If you noticed, I made this statement without identifying any particular sexual orientation, something you are incapable of doing.
You cannot exist without a bias. That's the biggest problem with the mentality of Democrats.
There are gays among Conservatives, Atheist, women, minorities, blacks, etc.

We embrace everyone because we are they ONLY tolerant people on Earth! We are too nice actually!

Democrats hate, Conservatives love!

Why we have so many different people in the Republican party?

Because we ALLOW you to think and teach your own conclusions! We respect individuals rights! We love freedom!

To join the Democrat party you have to accept all their socio-communis-Islamic beliefs else they will destroy you!

To join the Republican party all you need us only three things: Love freedom, want a small government and embrace personal responsibility!

That's all!

Democrats are hateful monsters that hate Christians but love Muslims!

Why?

Because Muslims believe in controlling people against their will.

New York, NY

#1020437 Nov 8, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
We have a winner!

1 person in NC signs up on exchange...

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/11/08/rock...
I guess he or she will not have to pay the fine and go to prison!!!

Good for him or her!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020438 Nov 8, 2013
When the POTUS visits and a Democrat is to busy to attend...

Sen. Mary Landrieu....

"The U.S. Senator has a long-standing engagement in Lake Charles that takes place at the same time and she can’t be in both places at once, staff said."

http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/kraut...

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1020439 Nov 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
he should be blaming right wing hackers for screwing up the website.
and what's with the apology nonsense? when are you FOXbots going to apologize for telling lies about Obama for 5 years?
Funny that "rightwing hackers" hasn't been what Sebelius or anyone else close to this fiasco has blamed.

Some tried to go that route a few times early on but no one was buying it. They only lie when enough people buy it...such as yourself. So if the shoe fits, wear it.

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1020440 Nov 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it bother you only when the president doesn't have an (R) next to his name?
Good morning. Yeah. I skipped over 1,200 posts. I can't imagine that I missed anything. Rethugs still seem to be stuck on stupid.

But, but, but..."Bush isn't president anymore". Don't you get sick of hearing that excuse? Rush Limpball said the promise that "you can keep your plan" is "the biggest lie ever told by a sitting president." Worse than lying about WMD's?? Worse than Reagan's Iran-Contra affair? Nixon's Watergate scandal? What an idiot.

I do believe that Obama mislead the public about the ACA but it certainly doesn't rise to the level of the lies told by Republican presidents. Besides, if your policy was grandfathered and you liked it...you could keep it. It was a half-truth. He certainly could have added "unless your insurer makes changes to your plan."

Certainly the Department of Health and Human Services ALWAYS said that policy holders would have to "transition" to "ACA-compliant" plans. That was disclosed from the very beginning. There was no subterfuge about the fact of change. IMO, it won't be an issue come election time IF the webpage is fixed and millions of people are able to benefit from the ACA. Change is always difficult.

"There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction" --Winston Churchill The ACA is headed in the right direction.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020441 Nov 8, 2013
Devildogs®- Trans Fat - 0 - Grams

Ahh there is a god.

New York, NY

#1020442 Nov 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>he should be blaming right wing hackers for screwing up the website.

and what's with the apology nonsense? when are you FOXbots going to apologize for telling lies about Obama for 5 years?
So DemocRAT Sonicfilter accuses Conservatives of hacking Obamacare website!

He must be desperate now that his man-child hero from Kenya admitted he is incompetent! That must hurt!

Hey Sonic, had you sign up for your mandated Obamacare, yet or are you still under Food Stamps, parasite?

New York, NY

#1020443 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Theodore Roosevelt was a big government man, and many of our current troubles can be traced to him.

Sheesh...
Correct!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1020444 Nov 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted this already.
It not not job to post the same information over & over because you are too f*cking stupid to get it the first time.
Did you get a job yet where you can carry your own weight, or are the tax payers still subsidizing your lazy ass.
Dave I have to disagree with you on both points.
A. Yes, DbsWriter is so fkin stupid that he needs to be told the same thing over and over.
B. This is his job. He's paid a stipend to post on various internet sites, write a blog, Tweet propaganda for a wealthy employer. This must be true, otherwise no one as obviously insane as he appears to be could be walking the streets.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1020445 Nov 8, 2013
Les Toil wrote:
<quoted text> You and your inexperienced, unqualified presidential fraud are the real liars. You need to change your filter.
whilst you nutjobs lose elections running on extreme right wing positions.

so let's talk about winning by losing. seems someone has lost their filter that keeps them from lying about issues to the point of where losing-by-lying has become an integral part of tea party politics.

and since there's no way you folks can stop lying.....Dem in the WH for the next 30 years. it's happened before. it's happening now. so it's no wonder you nutjobs are full freak lately.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1020446 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? One person doesn't change the fact many WERE there and are being kept under lock and key by this administration.
Guess CBS doesn't want to report that.
You're nuts babe and CBS only acknowledged the most glaring error in the piece__there were several not to mention Logan's ridiculous embellishments.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020447 Nov 8, 2013
Nothing to worry about and we'll be seeing a lot of US food stamp money going here...

"Venezuelan Health Care In A Free Fall"

"Almost everything needed to mend and heal is in critically short supply: needles, syringes and paraffin used in biopsies to diagnose cancer; drugs to treat it; operating room equipment; X-ray film and imaging paper; blood and the reagents needed so it can be used for transfusions."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/06/vene...

New York, NY

#1020448 Nov 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Virginia’s Election Was a GOP Rout—and Here Are Its Lessons

If you’re looking for lessons from last Tuesday’s Virginia election results, don’t just look to Ken Cuccinelli’s gubernatorial defeat—for which any one or combination of a dozen factors can be blamed—look as well at how the Republican candidates performed in the other two statewide races. E.W. Jackson, a fiery cultural rightist who makes Ken Cuccinelli sound like Wendy Davis, lost by 10.5 points in the lieutenant governor’s race. Mark Obenshain, who is about on par with Cuccinelli and Bob McDonnell on social issues, is up by a hair and probably heading for a recount in a 50-50 draw to become the next attorney general. What can we learn?

First, style matters. Three Republicans with roughly similar views on social policy performed very differently: the most flamboyant, Jackson, was crushed; the quietest, Obenshain, did best; and Cuccinelli, in the middle, fell short against Terry McAuliffe.

Cuccinelli’s supporters complain that he was defamed by McAuliffe’s “war on women” advertising, and Tim Carney, among others, has argued that Cuccinelli was in fact active behind the scenes in opposing the Republican legislature’s transvaginal ultrasound mandate for women seeking abortions. The trouble is that whatever the nuances of Cuccinelli’s antiabortion views, the image he’d cultivated as Christian conservatism’s champion—the very thing that earned him such ardent loyalty on the right—contributed to impressions that what McAuliffe said about his views must be true. Cuccinelli tried to send one signal to his base (I’m with you 100 percent—whatever that might mean) and another to the general voter (I’m not an extremist). That set up an uncertainty that McAuliffe could exploit, and did.

E.W. Jackson avoided any uncertainty: he was proud to be an extremist. Jackson was on the ticket because Cuccinelli’s supporters changed the nominating procedure from a primary to a convention to guarantee that their man would rout a moderate rival like Bill Bolling, who chose not to run at all. This was overkill—Cuccinelli almost certainly would have won a primary—and it wound up costing the GOP the lieutenant governor’s race, if not contributing to Cuccinelli’s own defeat. Not only did Cuccinelli not benefit from association with Jackson, but the idea that right-wing activists had taken over the Virginia GOP only reinforced a message that Cuccinelli didn’t want to be sending: if his supporters were radicals of a sort that would nominate Jackson, what did that make Cuccinelli?

Style isn’t just a question of how a candidate speaks. It’s a question of how his supporters present themselves as well. Even if Cuccinelli didn’t support the transvaginal ultrasound legislation, he was seen to be the leader of the kind of people who were responsible for it.

Both in Virginia and nationally, ideological activists have had the upper hand in the GOP lately, and they’ve overplayed it. The lesson here isn’t that they represent ideas that can’t win—Chris Christie shows that antiabortion Republicans can even win in New Jersey—but that they would win more often if they check their own impulses to let their freak flags fly and hunt the RINOs to extinction.
Funny, when there is a Republican landslide win Democrats are quite about it, Reagan, 2010 midterms, etc. No mention of "the End of Liberalism", "The End of the Democrat party".

But when a few Democrats marginally win over a Republican then "it is the death of the Republican party"!

See? Democrats are brain dead hypocrites.

New York, NY

#1020449 Nov 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
lol! Now Cruz and Paul are going at it.

Talk about a self imploding party.

This is what they have in mind for America as well!

'Con intelligence'... what an oxymoron!!!

I love this comedy channel!
Better than the white versus blank America created by Obama!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020450 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Theodore Roosevelt was a big government man, and many of our current troubles can be traced to him.
Sheesh...
Peppy loves Teddy Roosevelt, in fact he is still a member of the Bull Moose Party.

New York, NY

#1020451 Nov 8, 2013
Les Toil wrote:
<quoted text>You and your inexperienced, unqualified presidential fraud are the real liars. You need to change your filter.
His filter is plugged up!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020452 Nov 8, 2013
Single payer?????

From 2007...

"Venezuela: A single-payer’s dream come true"

"President Hugo Chavez said Tuesday his government will nationalize Venezuela’s privately owned hospitals and clinics if they fail to reduce health care costs..."

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2007/07/venezuela...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1020453 Nov 8, 2013
Fox Goes To Bat For 60 Minutes Benghazi "Witness" Who Admitted He Lied

Fox News attempted to rehabilitate the reputation of an alleged Benghazi "witness" who appeared in a discredited CBS report about the 2012 attack, after the same "witness" admitted he falsified statements about where he was that night.

On October 27, CBS' 60 Minutes featured testimony from "Morgan Jones," a supposed "witness" of the September 2012 attack on U.S. diplomatic facilities who claimed that during the attack he scaled a wall of the compound and personally struck a terrorist in the face with his rifle. This story wildly diverged from the account he gave his superiors in an incident report that was obtained by The Washington Post, which stated he "could not get anywhere near" the compound the night of the attack. The Post also identified Jones' real name as Dylan Davies.

On the November 4 edition of Fox & Friends, co-host Brian Kilmeade dismissed the inconsistencies in Davies' accounts, instead suggesting that the State Department or the White House had leaked the report to the Post to "discredit a seemingly very credible witness about those attacks, who witnessed those attacks." During the segment, guest Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) baselessly called Davies a "covert agent" -- though he worked for private security contractor Blue Mountain, not the CIA -- and Chaffetz and Kilmeade both attacked the Post for publishing Davies' name, suggesting the article had endangered his life by revealing his identity.

But Davies' account is not just inconsistent - he also admitted to The Daily Beast on November 2 that he had lied about his actions during the night of the Benghazi attack to his supervisors. He explained his differing accounts of the night of the attack by claiming that he did not personally write the Blue Mountain incident report and admitting he had lied in his account to the company because "he did not want his supervisor to know he had disobeyed his orders":

Davies said the version of the events contained in the incident report matched what he told his supervisor, called "Robert" in his book, who is a top Blue Mountain Group executive. Davies said he lied to Robert about his actions that night because he did not want his supervisor to know he had disobeyed his orders to stay at his villa.

The Daily Beast has redacted the true name of Robert out of his concern for his privacy.

"He told me under no circumstances was I to go up there. I respected him so much I did not want him to know that I had not listened to him," said Davies, referring to Robert. "I have not seen him since."

Davies also wrote in his book that Robert had instructed him not to go to the compound under any circumstances. Davies called Robert after going to the hospital, he said, but before his first visit to the compound on the night of Sept. 11. Davies says he told Robert the ambassador was dead but did not tell him what he was up to.

[...]

Executives at Blue Mountain Group, including Robert, did not respond to emails requesting comment.

Kilmeade also used the segment to rehash a number of debunked Benghazi myths, such as the false claims that the administration delayed labeling the Benghazi attack an act of terror and that a "stand down" order was given the night of the attack, continuing the network's desperate attempt to find a Benghazi "scandal" more than a year after the attack.

http://gratewire.com/topic/fox-goes-to-bat-fo...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020454 Nov 8, 2013
What some Medical Doctor says...

"As an off-topic aside, let me tell you the problems with many government-paid Medicaid patients and charity patients: they miss appointments, they are not appreciative and treat you like a servant, they will not make morning appointments, they resist advice, they do not pay the rent so docs have to limit their numbers - and they are prone to lawsuits against you. I know about this, because I do around 10-15% charity work in my office as my form of tithing, volunteer one day/week in a charity clinic, and teach for free 1/2 day/week. Just another greedy doc."
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020455 Nov 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
whilst you nutjobs lose elections running on extreme right wing positions.
so let's talk about winning by losing. seems someone has lost their filter that keeps them from lying about issues to the point of where losing-by-lying has become an integral part of tea party politics.
and since there's no way you folks can stop lying.....Dem in the WH for the next 30 years. it's happened before. it's happening now. so it's no wonder you nutjobs are full freak lately.
The best Republicans can hope for in their current state is a slight majority in the House, they've pretty much lost the Senate and can forget about the presidency for the next few cycles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Asian Women Don't Hate Black Men But! (Aug '09) 3 min Stupid Thread 2,251
on a interracial dating facebook page 8 min Tasahce 9
If You all hate Jamaicans Clap Your Hands!!! (Sep '11) 10 min Tasahce 3,461
All women prefer white men 13 min Educated Black Woman 5,206
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 15 min www 122,365
bill cosby admits to secretly drugging young wo... 16 min Jax 4
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 22 min Gmoney 34,413
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 32 min PATRIOT DVC MOLON... 2,418
Chicago convulsed by another violent weekend 1 hr truth 30
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 9 hr African AE 30,780
More from around the web