Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1431669 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1020579 Nov 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
A belief in a "God" does not equate to religious bigotry....an intolerance toward those who hold different opinions. Those are religious "nuts".
Intolerance, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1020580 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Obama caving in to Iran on nuclear weapons....
You're watching a master of diplomacy at work. Its not surprising that right wingers don't understand his tactics, all conservative hawks know how to do is start unnecessary wars.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020581 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are these evangelical Christians to which you keep referring?
It's because of the amoral social policies perpetrated by the left that a former democratic black preacher started a movement to encourage more blacks to switch parties just as he had done.
No one is dictating anything - except Obama and the Democratic Party with Obamacare. And they are losing that battle too.
Be strong and don't give in to unnecessary and phantom concerns. Not now.
The left finally has more to answer for than the right. Let's keep it that way. We both win if they lose.
Let's talk about your favorite issue, abortion.

Most people think it is reasonable to place some time limit on abortion.

Reasonable people think that legislation requiring women to view an ultrasound prior to an abortion is just vindictive and punitive.

Almost nobody except Akin and radical Christians believe that "real rape" will not result in a pregnancy.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1020582 Nov 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I am? WTF are you lying about now? Carol you are really getting bad, that is an awful thing to accuse someone of.
Well, now you know how it feels.

I don't know of one conservative who is trying to change the law to make abortion on demand legal in all phases of pregnancy including born alive babies. There are quite a few on your side.

That doesn't mean all liberals think alike on this issue.

Lumping people together who happen to share the same same political ideology but don't always share the same beliefs on social issues is not fair or necessary. Right?

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1020583 Nov 8, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Your being a naiveté and a Kool-Aid drinker will not matter to the millions in the middle class that have their wallets hit hard. There is nothing worse in the way of losing a vote than to hit someone in the pocketbook, and deceive them.
Your apathy of "too bad" will not help them with choosing to either insure or feed their children.
StoopidF*ck.
Only time will tell now won't it? I personally don't believe that "millions in the middle class will have their wallets hit hard." There will be no "choosing to either insure or feed their children." I see this as nothing more than a Republican smear campaign which will go the way of all Rethug conspiracy theories once things are worked out.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#1020584 Nov 8, 2013
I read your statements:

Republican crappppp!

look at carol!!

what an idiot!

YOU JUST GOT YOUR AZZZZZ KICKED IN VIRGINIA!

NRA HEADQUARTERS, REPUKE COUNTRY!

That is with everything you all whine about known.

whaaaaaaa: my insurance was cancelled, whine!

result: elect another Democrat!

Whaaaaaa: Obamacare lied! Whine!

result: elect another Democrat!

Even the NRA can't win in Virginia?

BURN ON YOU!

The Genius is doing great! 3 more years to go!

8 years of whining for you!

8 more after that: DEMOCRATS WIN AGAIN!

THE VOTERS HATE REPUBLICAN SCUMBAGS!

GREEDY, SELFISH, EVIL TO THE CORE!

Republicans against the people.

DID YOU HEAR:

All Republicans going to hell. LOL!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020585 Nov 8, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You're watching a master of diplomacy at work. Its not surprising that right wingers don't understand his tactics, all conservative hawks know how to do is start unnecessary wars.
When Iran ends up with nuclear weapons, which they will, will Obama still be a "master of diplomacy"???

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Location hidden

#1020586 Nov 8, 2013
Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame Bush? Bush hasn't been president for over 5 years so do you want to talk current issues? Stop performing the art of deflection.
Tweet from former MSNBC Dylan Ratigan:
I bought a catastrophic health policy for $170/mo when I left MSNBC. Obamacare cancelled the policy. New rate $600/mo. Thanks Mr. President
6:43 p.m. 7 Nov 2013
Koolaide anyone?
I wouldn't believe a word Dylan Ratigan has to say and neither should you.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1020587 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk about your favorite issue, abortion.
Most people think it is reasonable to place some time limit on abortion.
Reasonable people think that legislation requiring women to view an ultrasound prior to an abortion is just vindictive and punitive.
Almost nobody except Akin and radical Christians believe that "real rape" will not result in a pregnancy.
Well, first of all, regardless that I do have very strong opinions about abortion and sucking babies out of women's wombs in a vacuum is amoral and barbaric and that it will come back to haunt us if it hasn't already....my focus right now is watching the show unfold on the Democratic stage and hoping beyond hope it's the silver lining we were both hoping for in 2012.

Can't you see that we both win if that proves to be the case? No matter where we stand on the issue of abortion?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020588 Nov 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only time will tell now won't it? I personally don't believe that "millions in the middle class will have their wallets hit hard." There will be no "choosing to either insure or feed their children." I see this as nothing more than a Republican smear campaign which will go the way of all Rethug conspiracy theories once things are worked out.
The premise of ObamaKKKare was that taxes on the rich would pay for care for the poor. The reality is that higher premiums on the middle class will pay for care for the poor. Just as planned.

The idea that ObamaKKKare would lower costs has already been proven idiotic.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020589 Nov 8, 2013
The failure of the website may be a blessing in disguise for ObamaKKKare. If more people could get through, more people would find out how badly they are getting screwed.

DemoKKKrats will pay the price in Novenber 2014.

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1020590 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt knows that abortion laws can only be changed by the Supreme Court and that it is pointless to sacrifice elections pursuing a meaningless goal.
Galt would not vote for any candidate who supported outlawing abortion under all circumstances.
Galt hates the term "pro-life"...everybo dy is "pro-life", regardless of their views on abortion.
FINALLY...we agree on something.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1020591 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The premise of ObamaKKKare was that taxes on the rich would pay for care for the poor. The reality is that higher premiums on the middle class will pay for care for the poor. Just as planned.
The idea that ObamaKKKare would lower costs has already been proven idiotic.
Also the fact that it pays for itself. This will end up being another sucking libtard welfare program.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1020592 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
ever see "The Godfather"???
make him an offer that he can't refuse....
Well, just short of that...you can't make anyone do anything...

Conservatives, thankfully, aren't the mafia.

Horse's heads in someone's bed...that's a union thing.

Are we almost agreeing again?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020593 Nov 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't believe a word Dylan Ratigan has to say and neither should you.
Kirsten Powers tells FOX News' Megyn Kelly her health insurance premium has doubled from $160 to $300 a month and she is okay with it because she supports Obamacare.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Location hidden

#1020594 Nov 8, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
We borrow money from China to pay for this?
$1.8 million
"In Las Vegas, Nevada,$1.8 million went to build a ‘museum of neon signs.’ The purpose of the museum is to preserve old neon signs that are no longer in use"
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...
Hmmmm. The city of Las Vegas has received $5.2 million in federal grant money since 2004 to build the Neon Boneyard Park and Museum... only $1.8 million of that was under the Obama administration.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020595 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, first of all, regardless that I do have very strong opinions about abortion and sucking babies out of women's wombs in a vacuum is amoral and barbaric and that it will come back to haunt us if it hasn't already....my focus right now is watching the show unfold on the Democratic stage and hoping beyond hope it's the silver lining we were both hoping for in 2012.
Can't you see that we both win if that proves to be the case? No matter where we stand on the issue of abortion?
impossible to win if saddled with the abortion issue...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020596 Nov 8, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Also the fact that it pays for itself. This will end up being another sucking libtard welfare program.
The real cost to the federal deficit will be the huge increase in the number of people on Medicaid. ObamaKKKare has no funding whatsoever for that.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Location hidden

#1020597 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Jean from Queens gives herself away by use of another obscure Yiddish word....
I've been calling Kvetch "dybbuk" for years. I still don't know who Jean from Queens is....where does she post so I can say hello.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1020598 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
even a drunken blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut...
I was going to use the blind squirrel analogy__but decided not to this time. Because

You really are correct about the damage that the religious right has heaped on the GOP since GHWB invited that scummy little fk Ralph Reed to join he and Barbara on the stage. Twas a sad moment in American politics.

And if the TeaParty wing of the GOP continues to allow slugs like Amy Kremer, Jenny Beth Martin and L Brent Bozell III to control the GOP message__well__they may as well dig up David Duke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jax is a white woman! 1 min Jax 6
Has anyone ever had a demon growl at them... (Apr '11) 1 min Dark Truth 268
Islam an empire of faith (Oct '12) 11 min Oh No You Di-nt 7,360
What Exactly is "SEXUAL HARASSMENT" ??? 12 min undercoverboss2016 57
Morning Consult Poll: Trump winning! 14 min Hillary Hates Nogs 19
Why are biracial people seen as the most attrac... (Dec '10) 16 min gl791ny 77
Why Transexual X is bitter 19 min Drilling for the ... 93
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 20 min Real 48,756
Why did they Nuked Japan but not Germany??? 1 hr dcool 239
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 2 hr FABULICIOUS 35,234