Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1018506 Nov 4, 2013
Sure hope Lily reads this.

Unfortunately, those who hold the keys to power in school reform are by and large those who are far removed from the realities of classroom teaching.

Teachers cannot help but feel that they ended up at the bottom of the food chain. Politicians who have never taught a child in their life enact legislation with naive indifference to its practicality at the classroom level. State and district administrators then implement the legislation with callous disregard for its negative impact on those who face flesh-and-blood children in the classroom each day.

Just as current legislation and education policies have had a negative impact on teachers, the departure of teachers will have a negative impact on our children.

And, as more and more of them choose to resign, their letters will take various forms, but the underlying message will be the same:“Enough, I’m outta here!”

http://www.azcentral.com/opinions/articles/20...

Think those were my exact words. Or at least my exact sentiment.
Mr Lib

United States

#1018507 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
California is circling the drain.
And businesses are moving to Texas.
Actually, that's you spinning around inside your own toilet and thinking the rest of the world is going downhill.

Bon voyage, GOP mental midget.
Mr Lib

United States

#1018508 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Unfortunately, those who hold the keys to power in school reform are by and large those who are far removed from the realities of classroom teaching.
Teachers cannot help but feel that they ended up at the bottom of the food chain. Politicians who have never taught a child in their life enact legislation with naive indifference to its practicality at the classroom level. State and district administrators then implement the legislation with callous disregard for its negative impact on those who face flesh-and-blood children in the classroom each day.
Just as current legislation and education policies have had a negative impact on teachers, the departure of teachers will have a negative impact on our children.
And, as more and more of them choose to resign, their letters will take various forms, but the underlying message will be the same:“Enough, I’m outta here!”
Most teachers are Democrats. And the political idiots who cut school budgets and set unrealistic standards tend to be Republican.

Figures.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1018509 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
very few teachers ever quit the best job they could ever hope to have...
Mr Lib

United States

#1018510 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you sure go out of your way to try and convince yourself you haven't been lied to and duped by your own party.
Still think Bush told the truth about Iraqi WMDs?

Still think "trickle down" eocnomics actually works?

If you want "deluded", I suggest you check out your bathroom mirror.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1018511 Nov 4, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Most teachers are Democrats. And the political idiots who cut school budgets and set unrealistic standards tend to be Republican.
Figures.
agreed...all those upper middle class teachers are DemoKKKrats...and the "political idiots" who run the schools in all our major urban centers are all Republicans...

idiot...
Mr Lib

United States

#1018512 Nov 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Historically and culturally speaking we used to view the slothful lazy as the sinful. Nowadays, getting your money for nothing and your check for free is seen as a right; and people actually revel in what used to be a shame. Look at you, you are a sloth, a lazy piece of liberalism.
Attacking the poor is such an ugly GOP trait.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1018514 Nov 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
very few teachers ever quit the best job they could ever hope to have...
Only someone who has never been in the teaching profession would think that.

"According to the National Education Association, there is a national shortage of teachers. The NEA reported that 20% of newly hired teachers leave the classroom within the first three years of teaching. In urban areas, the numbers are closer to 50%.

"According to The National Commission on Teaching and America’s Future, the number of teachers leaving the classroom was increasing faster than they could be replaced."

http://www.nova.edu/ssss/QR/QR13-1/gonzalez.p...

Some of the best teachers I worked with wanted out.

Why would you even think that anyway?
Mr Lib

United States

#1018516 Nov 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>“Equal under the Law” is the only true equality, but that would mean everyone must compete and the Liberal screams and squirms when they hear that word. They scream because they are the retards of society...the idiots, and the circus of monkeys.
Always funny when conservatives talk about "equality under the law".

The same idiots who have made police a privileged class by virtue that only they can carry concealed weapons. Only they may have a firearm ready at hand while driving. The rest of us get busted for the same act.

Yes, these same conservatives who have now established the standard of having former prosecutors nominated to fill vacancies on the bench in all fifty states.

Think that makes for a more impartial courtroom? Because it doesn't.

When a GOP con man starts yapping about "equality under the law" look for the extra aces in the deck of cards he isn't showing.
Mr Lib

United States

#1018517 Nov 4, 2013
ah verkligen wrote:
<quoted text>Considering a fact as an "attack", though,
....that's strictly "progressive"....
Thinking the poor are all lazy and shiftless is typical of GOP prejudice.

That's how your kind justifies its insensitivity toward the less fortunate.

Very ugly.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1018518 Nov 4, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think the poster said anything about the poor. He was talking about slothfulness and laziness.

A young woman admitted to having taken advantage of the system - lived in a nice apartment close to the beach, etc.- until it dawned on her that someone else had to work hard so she could have "the good life" for free. It was her "aha" moment.

There are a lot of people who never have an "aha" moment and have no qualms about taking advantage of others even if they did.

It's not about helping the poor. It's about being a gullible sap. Like you, for example.
Mr Lib

United States

#1018520 Nov 4, 2013
ah verkligen wrote:
<quoted text>
If California was a private corporation and the Chief Financial Officer told the CEO that, whoopsie, my original estimates of a balanced budget were wrong and we are now massively in debt, he’d be fired. Yet California does this every year.
http://ivn.us/2012/05/17/california-budget-cr...
Except that your analogy is a poor one.

California is not a corporation. And unlike corporations, governments do not exist for the primary purpose of turning a profit.
Navy Corpseman

United States

#1018521 Nov 4, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't except their money then!

You will take money from Republicans and give it to a cause that benefits you,and then take full credit for it!You will then call them racist on a Liberal TV show!

We will get you back by not employing you!NO PART TIME JOBS EITHER!

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1018522 Nov 4, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Still think Bush told the truth about Iraqi WMDs?
Still think "trickle down" eocnomics actually works?
If you want "deluded", I suggest you check out your bathroom mirror.
Intel believed what the UN and Democrats believed about Saddam's WMDs.

Intentionally lying and being given inaccurate information by intelligence agencies around the world is not the same.

Trickle down economics kicked in during the Clinton administration.

Americans were deliberately lied to. This president and his advisors knew it was a lie - which makes this lie even worse.
Mr Lib

United States

#1018525 Nov 4, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying, stinking ____.
He's telling the truth, as much as you may hate hearing it.

No less than Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell, stated very early in Obama's first term that the GOP's top priority was to defeat him.

Not fix the financial crisis or get us out of the recession.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1018526 Nov 4, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Most teachers are Democrats.
Bingo! You win the big prize!

So are unions and most administrators.

As the article stated, "Politicians who have never taught a child in their life enact legislation with naïve indifference to its practicality at the classroom level.

"State and district administrators then implement the legislation with callous disregard for its negative impact on those who face flesh-and-blood children in the classroom each day."

Precisely the liberal mentality implemented by liberal politicians and enacted by unions and administrators.

"Naïve" and "callous disregard".

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1018527 Nov 4, 2013
My, my, look at the time.

Night.
Mr Lib

United States

#1018529 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Intel believed what the UN and Democrats believed about Saddam's WMDs.
The UN weapon inspectors felt Hussein was largely in compliance by 2003 and stated they would only need a few more months to fully verify. Bush jumped the gun on that. Likely because he knew the inspectors would find no WMDs.

As for Democrats in 1998, their pro-WMD views were based on what the UN weapon inspectors believed at the time. But they reversed their view a year later in accord with the change in the inspection team's beliefs.

As for what Democrats believed in 2003, that was a consequence of the procession of lies told by Bush and Cheney.
Intentionally lying and being given inaccurate information by intelligence agencies around the world is not the same.
What?!! All the intelligence agencies around the world collaborated in a manner to deceive Bush into attacking Iraq on false grounds? Get real. In fact, most countries did not embrace this view. Which is why Bush "went it lone" without UN sanction.
Trickle down economics kicked in during the Clinton administration.
When cornered, a GOP elephant will often desperately resort to turning about and sprayng loads of gas at you.

Clinton took office at a time when the country was in recession. So much for Reaganomics.
Americans were deliberately lied to. This president and his advisors knew it was a lie - which makes this lie even worse.
Sorry, finger-pointer. But we are back to Bush having lied us into a war with Iraq.

Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200. Do not whine and howl at Obama for your side's screw-ups.
Mr Lib

United States

#1018531 Nov 5, 2013
ah verkligen wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the idiot that thinks "only" cops can carry a concealed weapon? And "only" cops can have a weapon in their car?
<quoted text>
http://www.ehow.com/list_6524626_florida-laws...
lol.
Let me tell you something, son.....you need to grow up, and let go of that teat you call "the government". They're teaching you a bunch od lies, and you come off REALLY stupid repeating them as "facts"...
Idiots like you always need to have things repeated twice.

It is conservatives with their fascist "law and order" mentality which has armed cops to the teeth and stacked the courtrooms with judges sympathetic to their agenda.

This is why they feel they can break down doors without warrants, arrest those videotaping them, break up peaceful rallies and act like savages in general. Because they won't be held accountable. THANKS TO CRETINS LIKE YOU.

All part of your "Oh, our poor abused cops..." mentality.

As for "stupid", you'll find that in your bathroom mirror.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1018532 Nov 5, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only someone who has never been in the teaching profession would think that.
"According to the National Education Association, there is a national shortage of teachers. The NEA reported that 20% of newly hired teachers leave the classroom within the first three years of teaching. In urban areas, the numbers are closer to 50%.
"According to The National Commission on Teaching and America’s Future, the number of teachers leaving the classroom was increasing faster than they could be replaced."
http://www.nova.edu/ssss/QR/QR13-1/gonzalez.p...
Some of the best teachers I worked with wanted out.
Why would you even think that anyway?
The NEA is a labor union that is always pushing for more teaching positions.

Except in inner-city schools, most school districts have numerous qualified applicants for every teaching vacancy.

There are various reasons for teachers leaving within the first few years, including failure to obtain tenure, marriage, childbirth, relocation to another district, or just deciding that they are not cut out to be teachers. Turnover of 20% in the first three years is not excessive. After that, a high percentage remain in the profession because of the high pay, outstanding medical benefits, and generous pensions.

Considering your short teaching career in the distant past, you should not assume that you know more about the teaching profession than anyone else. Had you stayed with teaching, you would probably be retired now with a pension in the neighborhood of $50K or more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
racism owed to penis envy..? 13 min Yagurl C 24
White Power is finally ending, Blacks will righ... 13 min Gmoney AKA Big G 590
Black Men Can't Get Pretty, Classy White Women! 16 min The truth 47
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 18 min Gmoney AKA Big G 25,698
BW Cuffed by Police for Kissing WM: Prostitute??? 21 min Yagurl C 147
Do African American women like African men (May '11) 23 min Stupid Thread 128
Black Women have sold us out 23 min Ultimate Realist 35
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 24 min OOO 120,857
White Woman Exposes The Sickness Of Desperate B... 47 min The truth 531
Another white man beheaded by IsIs 2 hr USA 207
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••