Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232969 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1016646 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So,$146 -$289 a week is $1.75 -$345 per meal. Flack said he could do it for 90 cents a meal.
Flack planning on feeding a lot of burgoo
No he didn't, you did. But more to his point (comprehension),$800 per month for that family is more than enough. Especially since it's supposed to supplement their grocery bill.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1016647 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethanol only accounts for 10 - 15% of the increase of food prices.
If we used no ethanol, the ethanol would be replaced by oil. Increasing the oil demand would likely raise the cost of fuel & the rise in the cost of fuel would cause food to increase.
Using that extra oil would also likely lead to more imported oil which would export US dollars overseas instead of spending here on US farms & producers.
There's a whole bunch of loony left wing organizations that say you're dumber than sht. i posted a couple of them a few pages back.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1016649 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Fixed it for ya. The government exchanges are not designed for folks who do not receive subsidies. Join one of the many private exchanges, dipsht.
Yes, one of the purposes of the exchanges was to help people buy as part of a group.

Either get informed or STFU. You obviously know little about the ACA & Insurance in general.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1016651 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Two ethanol bills that legislated so much ethanol were signed by George W Bush. One in 2005 with a Republican Congress & the other on 2007 with mostly Democrat but with good Republican support.
So, you want to tell me Republicans had nothing to do with it?
A framework of tariffs and subsidies introduced by the U.S. Energy Tax Act of 1978 has long bolstered the American ethanol industry. Really Davey you need to look beyond and before your hatred of GW Bush.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1016654 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So,$146 -$289 a week is $1.75 -$345 per meal. Flack said he could do it for 90 cents a meal.
Flack planning on feeding a lot of burgoo
Again, you are hopeless.

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#1016655 Nov 1, 2013
Food Stamps to bet cut by $36.00

Democrat voters to starve, women and children hit harder.

Incompetent Obama unable to lead!

New York, NY

#1016656 Nov 1, 2013
No Food Stamps, no ciguatera ! No alcohol!

Level 1

Prevented this

#1016657 Nov 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah so what__you used to brag about driving that far to save a couple of bucks on your booze.
Paul Anthony Ciancia, 23 years old and possessed strong anti government views.
Next!
it's always strange that in the past several incidents, since O'bama has been president, always the police and witnesses insist that they saw more than one shooter. The same story this time. Why do you suppose that is?

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1016658 Nov 1, 2013
The only thing about a tragedy like the one at LAX is news commentators and cable news networks dwell on it 24/7.

But the good news is Cavuto is on anyway.

So later.

Level 1

Prevented this

#1016659 Nov 1, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Food Stamps to bet cut by $36.00
Democrat voters to starve, women and children hit harder.
Incompetent Obama unable to lead!
They are dying in the streets as we speak...and they haven't been cut yet.

New York, NY

#1016660 Nov 1, 2013
Obama personally orders HIS Democrat Mainstream Media NEVER to identify shooters as Muslim under threat of Civil Lawsuit.

New York, NY

#1016662 Nov 1, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>They are dying in the streets as we speak...and they haven't been cut yet.
They already blaming Sarah Palin!

And Ted Cruz!!

New York, NY

#1016664 Nov 1, 2013
Blind older lady kicked out into the street, lost house due to Democrat's ever increasing taxes.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1016667 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news, when the government receives your tax money, it's theirs.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
Before they receive it, it is yours. How can a tax break be the government handing you money when they never received it in the first place?

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1016668 Nov 1, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Last I heard, the shooter was 22-23, never a TSA employee, big anti-government nut with an Italian last name...whatever happened to namE's kid? Still on probation?
leoskank wants to include family in the insults. Classy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1016670 Nov 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberal mentality - "just don't get us sued" - and the political correctness perpetrated by the liberal mentality in the public schools is why I got out and never looked back.
Sad thing is all of the good teachers were waiting for the same opportunity.
So tell me again why parents shouldn't be allowed the school of their choice for their own child?
Nevermind..."choice" isn't a word in the liberal vocabulary.
Anyone can send his/her child to the school of his choice; they can pay for it like everyone else who chooses parochial or private school. You have that choice.

Choice is in the Republican Teabagger vocabulary? Like; you can't choose to abort your rapist baby because we'll put you in jail for murder?

New York, NY

#1016671 Nov 1, 2013
Democrats love to pay high gas prices!

They think they are saving the environment! Idiots!

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1016672 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Before they receive it, it is yours. How can a tax break be the government handing you money when they never received it in the first place?
Because the government owns everything don't you know.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1016673 Nov 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So does that mean:
A. I want to force parents to send their child to schools dictated by the state even if they receive a poor education?
B. I want the government, not parents, to decide where their children are educated?
C. I just threw up?
Typically your child goes to school in the district you reside in__you pay to send them to a private/parochial school or home school them. That's the system we have and in our state our educational system is controlled by Republicans and continues to have the BushCo NCLB fingerprints all over it.

Your kid attended school in Polk County correct? Or did you lie about that too?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1016674 Nov 1, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>They are dying in the streets as we speak...and they haven't been cut yet.
foor riots soon...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Van Sertima debunked! Afronazis Drowning in Tears! 7 min johnplustwomore 381
Black Men Opened "Pandora's Box" on IR for BW/WM! 25 min MaceohatesWM 1
Blacks Are Biologically Superior To Whites (Sep '12) 27 min Go Blue Forever 264
Old Troll Maceo-Hunting Sites angry at BW/WM co... 30 min Sadbuttrue 1
Maceo's Upset-Attractive BW dating WM- He's Tro... 31 min Sadbuttrue 1
Maceo Karma-So much for your hatred of Black wo... 33 min Sadbuttrue 1
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 34 min dreamhunk 33,591
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 47 min johnplustwomore 120,642
All women prefer white men 1 hr Sadbuttrue 4,659
34 Murdered in Baltimore Since Freddie Gray Died 7 hr jimp 106