Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564361 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1010065 Oct 23, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Wake the f up liberals!!!
16 million people!!!!!
"These 16 million people are now receiving letters from their carriers saying they are losing their current coverage and must re-enroll in order to avoid a break in coverage and comply with the new health law's benefit mandates––the vast majority by January 1. Most of these will be seeing some pretty big rate increases"
http://healthpolicyandmarket.blogspot.com/201...
Like that never happened before.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1010066 Oct 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Instead of going on Obamacare and abiding by the same laws and requirements as everyone else in it, members of Congress can now receive tax-exempt contributions from their employer (the federal government) to their health care premiums on the Obamacare exchange. This will create one set of rules for the American people and a different set of rules for Congress."
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/health...
If Congress had to be subjected to ObamaKare, it would be gone tomorrow.
As an employer, if I opt to get insurance through the exchanges for my employees, I would pay for it.

If Congress gets their insurance through the exchanges,then their employer would pay for it just as they do now.

Since there isn't a mechanism set up to do this, the tax-exempt contributions were set up.

Just as my employees get theirs paid, so does Congress.

Congress passed the law that forces Congress to shop on the exchanges but failed to set up the mechanism to pay the premiums.

You people are dumber than shit.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1010067 Oct 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
only because it was awarded to CGI. It may not have been a delivery order if one of the other companies got the bid. In 2011 the job to build healthcare.gov was given to CGI, not prior to that. In 2011 your messiah was president. Tap tap
You people are really dense. Why don't you look it up for yourself? It's really shouldn't be so difficult for you to understand. There's a 100 sources that will tell you the same thing.

"An HHS source told The Daily Caller that the agency received four proposals out of 16 PRE-QUALIFIED bidders. The source would not say which companies were pre-qualified, nor which companies submitted proposals.

Cheryl Campbell, senior vice president for CGI Federal, testified before the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health in September that CMS chose CGI Federal in Sept. 2011.

“On September 30, 2011, CMS conducted a competitive procurement and selected CGI Federal to design and develop the FFM,” said Campbell.

The FFM, or Federally Facilitated Marketplace, is the technical term for the Obamacare exchange.

“CMS issued CGI Federal a TASK ORDER for this work under CGI Federal’s Enterprise Systems Development, Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity type contract,”(2007) said Campbell.

An Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) type contract is, according to the GSA,“used to acquire supplies and/or services when the exact times and/or exact quantities of future deliveries are not known at the time of contract award.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/15/hhs-denies-...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1010069 Oct 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
drunks like you get annoying. Fck off.
Wow__the roll continues__e-mutt is really cookin today.

Nothing on that 13 year old kid eh??

Man__you were all over the Trayvon Martin story__sumpin happens in your back yard and you don't know sht. Fkn scumbag racist pos loser.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Santa Barbara, CA

#1010070 Oct 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct__but but but__there have been expose's going way back where cashiers at WalMart, K-Mart, Home Depot and on and on accepting clearly bogus credit and debit cards for purchases and then returning cash back at the max amounts.
The fraud is in the billions and the cashiers are participants by way of store policy.
Who can forget Casey Anthony paying for goods at Target with her friend's check while showing her own I.D. That sht goes on thousands of times each and every day across the nation__the stores, interested in volume, don't give a sht, the card and check owners are mostly covered by insurance and don't give a sht either.
And then we've learned about cashiers who actually did confront bogues only to get punched in the face or shot through the heart.
I used to say that no one robs biker bars or gun shops__well, guess what???
No matter what we do, there will always be those who find a way to cheat the system. It's just the way it is. A fraud rate of 1.3% isn't bad when compared to the 4% rate of the 1990's or the 39% attempted federal income tax fraud of 2012.

I have no answer...just give them cash and be done with it.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1010071 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are really dense. Why don't you look it up for yourself? It's really shouldn't be so difficult for you to understand. There's a 100 sources that will tell you the same thing.
"An HHS source told The Daily Caller that the agency received four proposals out of 16 PRE-QUALIFIED bidders. The source would not say which companies were pre-qualified, nor which companies submitted proposals.
Cheryl Campbell, senior vice president for CGI Federal, testified before the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health in September that CMS chose CGI Federal in Sept. 2011.
“On September 30, 2011, CMS conducted a competitive procurement and selected CGI Federal to design and develop the FFM,” said Campbell.
The FFM, or Federally Facilitated Marketplace, is the technical term for the Obamacare exchange.
“CMS issued CGI Federal a TASK ORDER for this work under CGI Federal’s Enterprise Systems Development, Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity type contract,”(2007) said Campbell.
An Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) type contract is, according to the GSA,“used to acquire supplies and/or services when the exact times and/or exact quantities of future deliveries are not known at the time of contract award.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/15/hhs-denies-...
honestly, can any of you libturds read?

"Cheryl Campbell, senior vice president for CGI Federal, testified before the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health in September that CMS chose CGI Federal in Sept. 2011.

“On September 30, 2011, CMS conducted a competitive procurement and selected CGI Federal to design and develop the FFM,” said Campbell."

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Santa Barbara, CA

#1010072 Oct 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"HHS office said Sunday the department would reach outside its government contractors to civilian companies that might be able to solve HealthCare.gov 's problems more quickly."
your statements don't follow what's happening on the ground.
Yes, I saw that and wondered how they would get around the 2007 contract. There are 15 other IT companies covered under that contract...could be they will approach them. Can't say how this works. It will be interesting.
infide

New Britain, CT

#1010073 Oct 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
As an employer, if I opt to get insurance through the exchanges for my employees, I would pay for it.
If Congress gets their insurance through the exchanges,then their employer would pay for it just as they do now.
Since there isn't a mechanism set up to do this, the tax-exempt contributions were set up.
Just as my employees get theirs paid, so does Congress.
Congress passed the law that forces Congress to shop on the exchanges but failed to set up the mechanism to pay the premiums.
You people are dumber than shit.
are all libs as stupid as you ,boy ?.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1010074 Oct 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Wow__the roll continues__e-mutt is really cookin today.
Nothing on that 13 year old kid eh??
Man__you were all over the Trayvon Martin story__sumpin happens in your back yard and you don't know sht. Fkn scumbag racist pos loser.
you don't know where my backyard is. Your messiah is what made the Martin case into what it was. What do libturds and drunks do when all else fails?. Pull the race card. Fck off, drunk.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1010075 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, A Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) is a pre-competed, multiple-award, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract that agencies can use to buy total IT solutions. The $4 billion 2007 contract was a GWAC. "A GWAC allow agencies to issue task orders to pre-vetted companies without going through the full procurement process." The task within the GWAC itself are very vague and expanded later when the "task" is assigned.
I trust that you are not a complete idiot. Look it up yourself.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
"that agencies can use to buy total IT solutions"

do you know the difference between "can" and "must"?
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1010076 Oct 23, 2013
Pepsi, Nestle, Coca Cola Revealed as Big Money Behind GMO Labeling Fight

Oct. 23, 2013

In Washington state battle, pro-GMO lobbyists forced to expose illegally hidden donors

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/10/...

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1010077 Oct 23, 2013
""They set up the website in such a way that too many requests to the server arrived at the same time," Hancock said.

He said because so much traffic was going back and forth between the users' computers and the server hosting the government website, it was as if the system was attacking itself...The site basically DDOS'd itself," he said.

it wouldn't surprise me if the site was designed to make it look like traffic was a lot higher than it actually was so the administration could claim the American people wanted it that bad.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1010078 Oct 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
"Republicans like to argue that government is inherently broken. HealthCare.gov , as launched, reinforces their narrative."
The lying democrats too. ROTFLMAO--democrats done.
On Wednesday, CNN’s Dana Bash tweeted that all Senate Democrats up for re-election in 2014 will reportedly support a delay of Obamacare’s enrollment deadline.
Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), who is up for re-election in 2014, wrote to Obama on Tuesday and asked him to delay the enrollment deadline for the individual mandate.“Given the existing problems with the website, I urge you to consider extending open enrollment beyond the current end date of March 31, 2014,” Shaheen wrote to the president. "Allowing extra time for consumers is critically important so they have the opportunity to become familiar with the website, survey their options and enroll.”
On Wednesday, Sen. Mark Pryor (D-AR), who is facing a tough challenge in his 2014 re-election against Rep. Tom Cotton (R-AR), came out in support of Shaheen’s call for a delay of the individual mandate’s enrollment deadline. Pryor had previously been on record as supportive of the mandate as is.
Now, according to CNN’s Bash, the Democratic Party is coordinating an effort to support a delay in the individual mandate.
“new: senior dem source tells me to expect every sen dem running in 2014 to back @JeanneShaheen proposal to delay #ACA enrollment deadline,” Bash tweeted on early Wednesday evening.
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) is on record as supporting a one-year delay in the individual mandate as well, although Manchin is not up for re-election in 2014.
The Democrats' push comes shortly after Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) recently launched a crusade against Obamacare. Cruz’s efforts and those of Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) showed the American people the president and Senate Democrats were unwilling to compromise on Obamacare, and the Democrats’ stubbornness resulted in a temporary partial government shutdown and a short-lived debt crisis scare.
Many Republicans, including the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC), have been predicting for months that the Democrats would look for an Obamacare “escape hatch” ahead of 2014.

Don't worry it will be alright--isn't that what the democrat liberal loons have been saying for weeks. I say "Let it Roll". LOL--too bad so sad for these losers. They wanted it they got it and O'bama and the democrats own it.

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Santa Barbara, CA

#1010079 Oct 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
honestly, can any of you libturds read?
"Cheryl Campbell, senior vice president for CGI Federal, testified before the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health in September that CMS chose CGI Federal in Sept. 2011.
“On September 30, 2011, CMS conducted a competitive procurement and selected CGI Federal to design and develop the FFM,” said Campbell."
Can you?

"An HHS source told The Daily Caller that the agency received four proposals out of 16 PRE-QUALIFIED bidders."

You should understand by now that those 16 pre-qualified bidders are the ones covered by the 2007 Contract. Geez you just plain stupid.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1010080 Oct 23, 2013
Ron Fournier, a National Journal columnist, on Tuesday compared President Obama's approach to the health care website rollout to President George W. Bush's handling of the Iraq War and Hurricane Katrina.

"Just like Katrina, when the big problem President Bush had was diminishing the significance of what was happening, saying ‘Hey, way to go, Brownie,’—you had the president yesterday talking about glitches and kinks. This is bigger than glitches and kinks," Fournier said on MSNBC, as quoted by Mediate. "The one difference was Katrina was a storm, the health care law was Obama’s creation."

Fournier then added, "Maybe the Iraq War is a better analogy."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/msnbc-g...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1010081 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what we do, there will always be those who find a way to cheat the system. It's just the way it is. A fraud rate of 1.3% isn't bad when compared to the 4% rate of the 1990's or the 39% attempted federal income tax fraud of 2012.
I have no answer...just give them cash and be done with it.
Yep__but don't tell a rightwinger.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1010082 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I saw that and wondered how they would get around the 2007 contract. There are 15 other IT companies covered under that contract...could be they will approach them. Can't say how this works. It will be interesting.
you don't understand how it works.

"GWAC task orders can be issued in considerably less time than conventional open market procurements."

the Obama admin was lazy and used a contractor that was under contract, but was not required to use them.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1010083 Oct 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't know where my backyard is. Your messiah is what made the Martin case into what it was. What do libturds and drunks do when all else fails?. Pull the race card. Fck off, drunk.
Cheep talk from the racist mutt.

C'mon dummy__I told you that I remember everything__which college you didn't garadiate from, that your honey serves up slop for tips and your boy is a troubled yoot. Oh, and that you are a software douche.

Just tell me about the thirteen year old with the toy gun that two deputies couldn't find a way to deal with beyond "blowing his azz away" at 3PM on an otherwise pleasant day in Santa Rosa CA.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1010084 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you?
"An HHS source told The Daily Caller that the agency received four proposals out of 16 PRE-QUALIFIED bidders."
You should understand by now that those 16 pre-qualified bidders are the ones covered by the 2007 Contract. Geez you just plain stupid.
""Time was of the essence to get this thing up and running," Amey said. "This is the exact reason you would use this kind of contracting vehicle.""

they were not required to use CGI.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

never duplicated

#1010085 Oct 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Cheep talk from the racist mutt.
C'mon dummy__I told you that I remember everything__which college you didn't garadiate from, that your honey serves up slop for tips and your boy is a troubled yoot. Oh, and that you are a software douche.
Just tell me about the thirteen year old with the toy gun that two deputies couldn't find a way to deal with beyond "blowing his azz away" at 3PM on an otherwise pleasant day in Santa Rosa CA.
thanks for proving what a fckn lush you really are. You're the kind of drunk who pisses themselves. Not one thing in your post is true, why lie? Btw, fck off already. And if you want to bring family members into this and lie about them, we can talk about the whore you're married to.

pisswater and prostitutes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mexicans are better than negros they work hard ... (Nov '15) 6 min THISISOURCOUNTRY 56
White jokes! 7 min Cubbyfan 32
You CAN NOT tell me this creature is Human! 16 min Rich stars of the... 28
Crakkka jokes 16 min CubbyFan 11
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 32 min Evelyn 797
Why Are White People So Obsessed with O.J. Simp... 36 min Chalotte 64
OJ is free again, thank gawd O Mighty 42 min ROMPER STOMPER 7
News Racism still prevalent 50 years after riots 30 ... 3 hr CheifMac 49
RAW VIDEO: Teens Heckle Drowning Man 3 hr good bye chester 48
Dan Snow: OJ is still so handsome. 4 hr Harrisson 21
More from around the web