Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419984 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1008137 Oct 20, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>S'ok, it was only a temporary, intermittent "little death". ;)
Those "little deaths" can be like those paper cuts: http://www.livescience.com/33371-paper-cuts-w...

“If life gives you a bowl of lemons, go find an annoying guy with paper cuts”

Obama?!!! Where art thou?

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1008138 Oct 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"...quit parading a number 10 years in the future as some sort of slam against the ACA." - dumbass dave
you see, in dumbass dave's world you need to quit parading a number 10 years in the future as some sort of slam against his messiah's ACA, but it's perfectly ok to parade a number 10 years in the future to prop it up.
Or it's perfectly ok to parade a number 10 years in the past to Bash Bush.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008139 Oct 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe history will be kind to George W. Bush. His legacy will have nothing to do with how comfortable he was as a public speaker.
I don't believe history will be kind to Barack H. Obama. Even if he can read teleprompters well.
Funny. I think exactly the opposite since bushie boy got our boys killed for nothing.

As for Obama, it's the radical t-p that's been crippling America.

I suspect so long as they remain a deep cut in politics, America and Americans will suffer. Their unrelenting, uncouth, uncompromising and uncaring techniques of holding hostages doesn't sit well with anyone from any party.
TheIndependentMa jority

Brodhead, KY

#1008140 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
why not just reduce the deficit by $1.6 billion instead of looking for other places to piss away the money?
That would make too much LOGICAL sense (for the current commie robbinghoodietic types of NO B-U-D-G-E-T anyway!)
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008141 Oct 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Those "little deaths" can be like those paper cuts: http://www.livescience.com/33371-paper-cuts-w...
“If life gives you a bowl of lemons, go find an annoying guy with paper cuts”
Obama?!!! Where art thou?
Isn't it amazing how the t-p (lemons) did exactly that to Americans (paper cuts)?

And the likes of Cruz are ready to do it again!

Well, with talk like that, I'm sure it won't be a Merry Christmas for retailers!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008142 Oct 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it's perfectly ok to parade a number 10 years in the past to Bash Bush.
lol! Well, if the shoe fits son.....!

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1008143 Oct 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you must have liked him. Even liberals say he was much more personable, articulate and intelligent in person and in small groups than when he spoke in public and to large crowds. He was never comfortable as a public speaker. Unfortunately, it showed.
More than anything he (Bush II) seemed to appreciate what the military does for the Country. Because he was in the military he knew all the ridiculous crap people have to do in preparation for a POTUS visit.

Clinton was more like...Hey push that button and show me what that thing does!!!!!He did not know anything about the behind the scenes going's on! Nice guy...very, very likable.

If I wanted to hear a good joke, I'd definitely ask Bill Clinton...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008144 Oct 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I just finished reading a SA article about how researchers are finding a myriad of heretofore unknown reasons for weight gain and especially obesity. Generally, DNA has a lot to do with it but also environment, emotions, addiction(food additives!), etc.
IMHO, Food Technologists are Evil Wizards behind the silent curtain.
That's not to say, though, that personal responsibility in America is something that Magic Negro types would absolve us all of.
It's not your fault. Let Mother(government) make it better for you.
Reading SA? Isn't that blasphemy son?

whoa!!!!

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1008145 Oct 20, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The next thing you know we'll have Obama telling NASA to accept those advanced placement failures as employees.
http://www.livescience.com/14144-parenting-ti...
Kids should be praised for what they "can" do, not pushed into a situation they can't function in and are certain to fail at.(I know, "don't end it with a preposition".) I refuse to feel guilty for not wanting someone with an IQ of 75 to give me an eye exam or audit my taxes. I suppose feelings of entitlement would cancel out the feelings of embarrassment at failing IF these liberal professors didn't give them a passing grade for below average work. I've seen it happen, passing a student who never bought the textbook OR even took a test the whole spring term, and that was just an accounting class. These people getting degrees they didn't really earn are getting hired for jobs they can't do proficiently.
It's no big surprise to me when I see Obama place appointees in charge of departments that they have absolutely no experience or education in.(Yep, there's another one of those naughty prepositions.) I call it "literary license". ;)
And when a completely unqualified minority Affirmative Action fake gets fired for incompetence, the carload of NAACP lawyers shows up to file discrimination charges and seek monetary damages.

I once worked under a foreman who was blowing snow 10 times a day and couldn't walk straight from his office to the can but he was a hired to raise minority representation on the shop floor.

He could not be fired. They tried repeatedly. Mr. Glass-eyes was then caught having sex in the back seat of a Cadillac in the parking lot at 2 AM in July with some flea bag.

Was he fired? Nope. NAACP lawyers filed suit, got him back and into "drug rehabilitation". His eyes were still glassy and he still couldn't walk straight.

His subordinates ran his department for him and he just collected a minority paycheck to buy snow with. Such is American PC.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1008146 Oct 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. I think exactly the opposite since bushie boy got our boys killed for nothing.
As for Obama, it's the radical t-p that's been crippling America.
I suspect so long as they remain a deep cut in politics, America and Americans will suffer. Their unrelenting, uncouth, uncompromising and uncaring techniques of holding hostages doesn't sit well with anyone from any party.
What do you think of this?

"I’ll have them n****rs voting Democratic for the next two hundred years.”

LBJ

http://www.aim.org/wls/blacks-will-vote-democ...

....and you think the Tea Party is radical??????
TheIndependentMa jority

Brodhead, KY

#1008147 Oct 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it amazing how the t-p (lemons) did exactly that to Americans (paper cuts)?
And the likes of Cruz are ready to do it again!
Well, with talk like that, I'm sure it won't be a Merry Christmas for retailers!
“It is the preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else that prevents us from living freely and nobly.”
&#8213; Bertrand Russell

Jess C. Scott
“If money’s the god people worship, I’d rather go worship the devil instead.”
&#8213; Jess C. Scott, Rockstar

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1008148 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Buffett is probably paying more in taxes than the other 20 people in his office pay combined...but if he feels undertaxed, he is free to pay more...
A great myth that is rarely exposed for its fallacy is that a person who is genius in one area of human endeavor must surely be a genius in all areas of human endeavor.

Buffett is great in finance but a buffoon in politics. Paul McCartney is a genius musician/songwriter but horrible with personal relationships and politics.

Famous, talented Hollywood actors proselytize to the unwashed masses who adore their movies but don't know sh it from sushi about sociopolitical or scientific issues.

Michael Bloomberg might be a genius financier but he's a complete jerk when it comes to playing Food Nanny to New Yorkers.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008149 Oct 20, 2013
lol! And I bet the t-p still doesn't get it!

"#ConservativeBandNames Calls Out the GOP in the Best Way Possible
By Andri Antoniades | Takepart.com 3 hours ago Takepart.com

The shutdown may have finally ended, but according to a recent Gallup poll, it managed to sink GOP favorability levels to record lows.(The Dems also hit a record low, but their dip is far less drastic than the their Republican counterparts.)

But the GOP encountered further PR issues this week, mostly because of Texas Senator Ted Cruz. On Friday, TIME released a report stating the senator had possibly committed ethics violations during his 2012 run. And prior to that announcement, Cruz was also criticized for a press conference he gave on Wednesday, where he claimed that the Affordable Care Act raised the insurance premiums for "virtually every person across this country," which doesn't appear to be true.

Incidents like these aren't helping to further the conservative cause, and one place where that's evident is on Twitter, which this week saw the resurgence of an old hashtag,#conservativebandnames .

Users who are critical of the GOP are pushing the hashtag's popularity, which picked up steam this weekend, and not only touches on the shutdown, but also calls out the party's stance on issues like abortion, gay marriage and gun control.

There's currently a movement in the Republican Party to soften its tactics and gain a reputation for being more inclusive and diverse. But it's a slow-going process, and by all accounts, there's a lot more work to be done on that front...."

Level 1

Location hidden

#1008150 Oct 20, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen...
Comedy!

"I say if white in South Africa don’t get outta town, we kill the men, we kill the women, we kill the children, we kill the babies, we kill the blind, we kill the cripple, we kill the crazy, we kill the faggots, we kill the lesbians. I say, goddammnit, we kill them all!”"

Khalid Muhammad , 1996
TheIndependentMa jority

Brodhead, KY

#1008151 Oct 20, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
LBJ
What's "radical" is the patheticness of whiners blaming...what... three measly Independent labels...for the ineptness of processes.

(and STILL, NO viable, B-U-D-G-E-T of NON over spending)

Unreal even.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008152 Oct 20, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
LBJ
lol! How many of those individuals held a country hostage son? My guess would be zero.

OTOH, the t-p radicals only represented 18% of Americans... assuming they all voted for the same representative!

“Peace on Earth”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1008153 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Refineries may close because they have reached the end of their useful life, cannot meet fuel blend requirements, or any number of other reasons.
Alon's refineries were apparently unable to produce gasoline ata competitive market price, probably because a small company has no production of its own and needs to buy crude on the world market.
So, how would you feel about building a new refinery in Santa Barbara and/or drilling in the Santa Barbara Channel to provide less costly gasoline to all Californians? Are you willing to sacrifice for the common good?
I don't mind drilling in the channel. The lights on the platforms at night are really quite beautiful. It gives you something to look at after the sun goes down.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1008154 Oct 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>??????????
Israel spys on the US......
The US spies on Israel. Iran spies on the US. Russia spies on Poland. Poland spies on Britain.

You haven't reached the age of reason yet, boy.

Hang in there. Hope springs eternal...just like the weeds in your bed, Little Flower:]

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#1008155 Oct 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You must be the hoor!
You are the azzhole in the S.F. Bathhouse.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1008156 Oct 20, 2013
Democratic Congressman...

Congresscreep Steve Cohen (D-TN) on MSNBC...

"“We [meaning U.S. Representatives] take an oath to support the country against all enemies foreign and domestic, and these [Tea Party Republicans] are the domestic enemies.”

http://moonbattery.com/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 3 min Who 47,899
NEANDERTHALS made WHITES more INTELLIGENT (Apr '13) 4 min Curious Me 1,989
News Vote dilution was used to keep blacks off of Fe... 7 min Boss Taco 14
How can you tell a white guy likes you? (Jun '07) 7 min 2piece 71
49er QB Colin Kaepernick is WAKING UP 9 min KIP 88
Interracial relationships. Who does it AFFECT?... (Sep '15) 13 min KIP 75
Bill Clinton's wife = 1 million Muslim immigrants 15 min TheOriginalDoby 8
Blue ivy is UGLY!!!! (Jul '13) 50 min Blkbeauty 59
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 2 hr Michel Montvert 568
More from around the web