Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1743411 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1003563 Oct 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we are talking in the past, there was no added revenue generation aded to cover the budgeted deficit when the budget was passed. Therefore that budget was unfunded.
I said there was no such thing as unfunded liabilities ( lying POS Eman forgot the liabilities aspect) when looking at future estimations. The CBO said it in reference to you dumbasss right whiners running screaming through the streets " OMG OMG SS is a gazillion dollars in debt. OMG OMG OMG " Unfunded liabilities!!! OMG OMG"
the term liability is irrelevant here. An unfunded budget includes ss payments, therefore, given the governments ability to tax, there is no such thing as an unfunded budget.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1003564 Oct 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, your writing reminds me a lot of that cop killer Christopher Dorner's rambling manifesto. It aren't concerned with facts...just a lot of rambling bizarre personal opinions.
FACT: "Democrats" did not stop funding death benefits...Congress did. It was a mistake they made in their rush to draw up the “Pay Our Military Act”– which guaranteed paychecks for members of the military during the shutdown. It was fixed. Get over it.
WHATUH?

The whiney azz, megalomaniac, self absored, commietic wanna be marxists jackboot kids on the Dc hill make mistakes??

WHATUHH?

Shorelee you jest!

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1003565 Oct 14, 2013
Well, I'm already pooped again.

This is so much like work, think I'm going to jump on the gravy train, abuse the system, apply for Social Security and retire from topix.

Probably would get a check too.

“Constitutionalis t”

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1003566 Oct 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You mean that TV he purchased with his subsidized pay check?
What subsidies? You still haven't identified any subsidies.
You also demonstrated you can't even define the word.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1003567 Oct 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
It Keeps Getting Worse for the Republicans
As Jim Antle says in his article today, it is getting worse for the GOP. The newest Post/ABC News poll shows that public disapproval of Republicans’ performance continues to increase. This write-up summarizes the results:
Barely one in five Americans (21 percent) approve of the way Republicans in Congress are handling negotiations over the budget, while nearly three quarters disapprove (74 percent). Disapproval is up from 63 percent since the start of the shutdown, after reaching 70 percent last week.
76% of independents disapprove of how Republicans have handled this, and even 47% of Republicans and 43% of conservative Republicans say the same. Among independents, the intensity of the reaction is not surprising but nonetheless remarkable: 52% strongly disapprove. 59% of self-identified conservatives likewise disapprove, and over a third (36%) strongly disapprove. When we consider that the shutdown strategy was intended to spark a popular revolt against the Democrats and the ACA, it is all the more striking that it has achieved almost the exact opposite. Majorities of virtually every other demographic are against the Republicans on this question, which makes this one of the most lopsided political defeats for the party in several years. No matter the age group, income group, or region, the public disapproves of Republicans’ performance by at least two to one margins. The failure of the GOP’s shutdown strategy was guaranteed before it started, but I don’t think anyone fully appreciated how strongly the strategy would be repudiated by the public.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
winning by losing has become losing by losing.
But Sonic carol said that they were winning, surely you don't mean to imply that she is mistaken. Heaven forbid carol be wrong or that her fanatical party is losing "AGAIN".

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1003568 Oct 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>wow.
I tell you what, why don't you just claim 100% of Americans blame Obama!
Why would I do that? I'd be no different than you putting 100% of the blame on Republicans.

The polls are likely pretty accurate. Obama and Democrats are getting as much of the blame as Republicans.

Let's just leave it at that.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1003569 Oct 14, 2013
Poll: Republicans' Handling Of Shutdown Gets Low Marks From 3 Out Of 4 Americans

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/14/repu...

the nutjobs sure are quiet about the polls.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#1003570 Oct 14, 2013
tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you know every ingredient that is in a hot dog...
Thanks for another belly laugh!
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1003572 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
With only a 3% margin separating Republicans from Democrats as to who is to blame and Obama's approval down to 37%, sounds more like you're getting desperate.
That's BS and wishful thinking on your part..Either that or FIXED news. You are about as reliable as they are..You and your party are paying the price for your own stupidity..I love it.

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1003573 Oct 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Illegals now allowed to practice law in CA. So be really careful when hiring someone claiming to be a "criminal" defense lawyer.
"Whatever"
Where is but Caliqueeria do illegals get to defend illegals.
Peace
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1003574 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I do that? I'd be no different than you putting 100% of the blame on Republicans.
The polls are likely pretty accurate. Obama and Democrats are getting as much of the blame as Republicans.
Let's just leave it at that.
Only in that hollow head is that true. Whistle and humm all you want but your party is taking a beating. And it will only get worse..You were quoting all of the polls just like FOX was before Obama won by a land slide and singing the very same song, all you have is excuses and blind allegience to people that are as dumb as you are.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1003575 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree. And Democrats are going to have one helluva time defending Obamacare this time next year too.
It seems to me it's going to be a lot easier for Republicans to come together after trying to solve the problem of Obamacare and insisting Obama act like an adult leader in a two-party system than Democrats defending the impending disaster after the present back and forth is all said and done and forgotten.
Can't you just see the ads in 2014 showing Mount Rushmore and the WWII Monument railed up and sandbagged for no reason whatsoever except to punish the people to get back at Republicans?
With Nancy Pelosi on a split screen giving a grandstand speech on the National Mall for illegal immigrants at the same time?
I can pretty much guarantee that won't be so easily forgotten.
Ya got to keep in mind that just because 6 million Fox "News" viewers think so that's still just 6 million out of 125 million voters.

Meanwhile ...

"The last time the government shut down, Republicans were punished at the polls. Political history doesn’t necessary repeat itself, but the GOP should worry about next year’s elections ...

By a 22-point margin (53-31 percent), the public blames the Republican Party more for the shutdown than President Barack Obama, according to a new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll. That’s a wider margin of blame for the GOP than the party received during the last shutdown in 1995-96.

Under more typical circumstances, President Obama wouldn’t be too thrilled with his 47-percent approval rating here. But compared to House Speaker John Boehner (17 percent), Sen. Ted Cruz (14 percent), the Republican Party (24 percent), and the tea party (21 percent), Obama’s number in the NBC/WSJ poll is positively stratospheric."
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2013/...

Carol: "Oh darnit! Darnit! Darnit! Why can't the world just work the way I want it to???"
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1003576 Oct 14, 2013
Alan Grayson steps up with a plan that will work__maybe we've got a political star in the making.

Probably should mention that the stock market had a strong day while the (R's) are busy pouncing on one another.

KABOOM!
Brad

Bolton, CT

#1003577 Oct 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Poll: Republicans' Handling Of Shutdown Gets Low Marks From 3 Out Of 4 Americans
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/14/repu...
the nutjobs sure are quiet about the polls.
Having the MSM running interference on a 24-7 loop is a powerful tool for liberals.

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1003578 Oct 14, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, now you think that President Obama chooses who receives the Nobel Peace Prize!? Kerrist you teabaggers are ignorant.
"silly"
The above coming from some one who believes the boy president nobama did something to merit the Nobel Peace prize he was given, he sure as the dickens do anything to earn it.
Geez at times you can be ignorant.
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1003579 Oct 14, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
But Sonic carol said that they were winning, surely you don't mean to imply that she is mistaken. Heaven forbid carol be wrong or that her fanatical party is losing "AGAIN".
she can stay in denial all she wants, but her assertion that it will swing the other way is being proven wrong as every day goes by. she's been told by the FOX talking heads that all will be ok but even the usually nutjob right wing sites are seeing the light.

Divided and Uneasy

...GOP enthusiasm for the showdown, from both conservatives and grandees, is waning. Members are spending considerable time calling one another to lament, and they’re worried about fading public support.“We can’t get lower in the polls. We’re down to blood relatives and paid staffers now,” said Senator John McCain on CBS’s Face the Nation.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/361123/d...

i wonder how long she'll keep ignoring the new polls.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1003580 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Well, I'm already pooped again.
This is so much like work, think I'm going to jump on the gravy train, abuse the system, apply for Social Security and retire from topix.
Probably would get a check too.
A couple of your teammates do__maybe they could "hook you up."
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1003581 Oct 14, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That's BS and wishful thinking on your part..Either that or FIXED news. You are about as reliable as they are..You and your party are paying the price for your own stupidity..I love it.
Ghost who makes a claim, then can't back it up! Talk about looking stupid and working hard to prove his ignorance, that's Ghost!

It's the culture...

Level 1

Location hidden

#1003582 Oct 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tenzing!
Hi.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1003583 Oct 14, 2013
just hit Redstate, Breitbart, The Daily Caller and FOX News. no mention of polls of any sort.

imagine that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white people love 7/11 5 min Ihn 3
This is Why White ppl must Go. 9 min Paul 24
Dat "bling" don't stop bullets, yo! 24 min THX White and Whi... 11
White men are Omega males 25 min Ihn 5
Let's talk food 27 min Polaris 30
William Ellison Jr - Largest Slave Owner was Bl... (Dec '10) 27 min Varie 74
Barbara Bush passes away 33 min Polaris 56
Two loitering Starbucks arrested. Race card pu... 1 hr The Patriot 185
If slavery were reinstated would you even want ... 1 hr Jake 76
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 2 hr --Curious Me-- 39,874
Todays dead mudshark story 2 hr Jake 88