Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1784107 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#997498 Oct 7, 2013
Springheel wrote:
<quoted text>I believe what experience teaches. Not polls. Who's polls, anyway?
Did you know that here in Maryland there are now more registered independents than Democrats?...pretty significant in a blue, blue state with closed Primaries.
Did your polls show you that? Probably not.
If you say so.

Every Democratic and Repugnant study bears it out, from Heritage Foundation to Cato Institute, which has Repugnants very concerned. They're stuck with old, white folks, Mostly old white men.

In demographic terms, you folks are roadkill, just a few miles down the road.

Instead of broadening their appeal, they stick to folks like you, who pretend data is meaningless and because there are so many independents in MD, yada, yada, yada.

That's how Obama got elected, because you're in denial.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#997499 Oct 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so.
Every Democratic and Repugnant study bears it out, from Heritage Foundation to Cato Institute, which has Repugnants very concerned. They're stuck with old, white folks, Mostly old white men.
Instead of broadening their appeal, they stick to folks like you, who pretend data is meaningless and because there are so many independents in MD, yada, yada, yada.
You voted for the winner obama and still lost making you a bigger loser you idiot.. Get all the ghetto and losers on your side and you can be elected to anything you idiot dumbass...

If it's ghetto, illiterate, and moocher... It's free cheese, loser, and ass-clown liberal..

Mo free shit is hard to vote against when it's all you know loser.

It's the culture..
Springheel

Baltimore, MD

#997500 Oct 7, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU DON'T HAVE TO PURCHASE INSURANCE FROM THE EXCHANGE! Why is that so hard for you to understand? IF, AND THAT IS A BIG IF, your employer drops your insurance, purchase it somewhere else. There are a lot of good plans out there for people who can afford them.
Wouldn't I be paying a full, unsubsidized rate off of the exchange?

I don't pay a full, unsubsidized rate, now, as my employer covers the lion's share of the premium and I have no deductible.

See, it's the last 6 words of your post that crush it for most of the working middle class. We won't be able to afford the good, off-exchange insurance because our employers won't be covering the bulk of the premium...hence, a step DOWN to the exchanges. Wait until we all realize this.

Or wait until all of those 18-30 year olds go to the doctor for the first time and learn what a deductible is, how high theirs is, and it dawns on them that they won't use $6K in medical services in an average year and that they are paying premiums for nothing..no benefit.
Patriot

Fort Collins, CO

#997501 Oct 7, 2013
“Alarming” mass die-off of starfish in areas along Canada’s Pacific coast —“They’ve disintegrated, now there’s just goo left”—“Appeared to melt”—“Single arms clinging to rock faces, tube feet still moving”— Similar reports as far away as California

National Geographic, Sept. 9, 2013:“It really struck a chord in other divers who were seeing it on Facebook and social media, both locally and as far away as California, who had been seeing similar things,”[marine biologist Jonathan] Martin said. Martin wrote to invertebrate expert Christopher Mah, a researcher at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. he said:“(The starfish) seem to waste away,‘deflate’ a little, and then just … disintegrate. The arms just detach, and the central disc falls apart. It seems to happen rapidly, and not just dead animals undergoing decomposition, as I observed single arms clinging to the rock faces, tube feet still moving, with the skin split, gills flapping in the current. We did our second dive in an area closed to fishing, and in absolutely amazing numbers. The bottom from about 20 to 50 feet [6 to 15 meters] was absolutely littered with arms, oral discs, tube feet, gonads and gills … it was kind of creepy.” Yet what’s especially alarming to Martin, Mah, and other marine biologists is the fact that this die-off might not be restricted to P. helianthoides or the northern Pacific. Fisheries and Oceans Canada is worried enough that they’ve asked Martin to go back out and collect samples for them to test in the lab.

http://enenews.com/alarming-epidemic-mass-die...

Location hidden

#997502 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Pure bullshit...
You are an idiot nuculur... You with a hidden ISP location in ghetto Wethersfield, Connecticunt between Silas Dean Hwy and Wells Road, 30 minutes from Sonic...
If it's ghetto, illiterate, and moocher... It's free cheese, loser, and ass-clown stupid liberal..
It's the culture...
But I win!!

I've got you so far over the edge, you're in thin air, dropping like the rockhead you are!!

"Hidden ISP location"" ROFLMAO

Yer a riot, Alice!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#997504 Oct 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
But I win!!
I've got you so far over the edge, you're in thin air, dropping like the rockhead you are!!
"Hidden ISP location"" ROFLMAO
Yer a riot, Alice!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No.. You lose... You nutsack talking out of your ass, because you dignorantmouth knows better...

You are an idiot... The hazard of being demokRAT...

Unhide you hidden location and proved you are not in Wethersfield, Connecticunt and and win you idiot.. You lose nutsack.. I win you stupid idiot..

It's the culture...
Springheel

Baltimore, MD

#997505 Oct 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so.
Which studies? What polls? I don't find data meaningless, but I don't believe every guy on the internet who says, "The polls show...", or "The studies indicate..."

Cite a couple and I'll take a read. The country seems a bit polarized, to me, at about 50-50 in terms of affiliation.

But things change. The down ballot races are where its at. That damage has already been done. I don't like either party to have a full hegemony, but the GOP has been redrawing somewhere near 200 districts while everyone has been pissing and moaning about CR's, ACA, Benghazi....

Would that be in the polls?

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997506 Oct 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so.
I come back after 8 hours and here is Nuc, still attempting to act like some bad ass bully.

LOL, nobody thinks of you anything but some timid key board warrior, but hey carry on.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997507 Oct 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
GOP Shutdown Suicide Watch
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
soon?
LOL, I have a blog called "We Progressives"
What is in a name, it doesn't deceive.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997509 Oct 7, 2013
Springheel wrote:
<quoted text>Which studies? What polls? I don't find data meaningless, but I don't believe every guy on the internet who says, "The polls show...", or "The studies indicate..."
Cite a couple and I'll take a read. The country seems a bit polarized, to me, at about 50-50 in terms of affiliation.
But things change. The down ballot races are where its at. That damage has already been done. I don't like either party to have a full hegemony, but the GOP has been redrawing somewhere near 200 districts while everyone has been pissing and moaning about CR's, ACA, Benghazi....
Would that be in the polls?
The Dems are below 50% in the polls too. 63% disapproval

Meaning they are jeopardy too if they are an incumbent-all anyone needs to know.
Ray

United States

#997510 Oct 7, 2013
Obama the man
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#997511 Oct 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I come back after 8 hours and here is Nuc, still attempting to act like some bad ass bully.
LOL, nobody thinks of you anything but some timid key board warrior, but hey carry on.
Nuc can fake his smiles and laughter, but can never fake his paranoia and stupid..

It's the culture...

Location hidden

#997512 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You voted for the winner obama and still lost making you a bigger loser you idiot.. Get all the ghetto and losers on your side and you can be elected to anything you idiot dumbass...
If it's ghetto, illiterate, and moocher... It's free cheese, loser, and ass-clown liberal..
Mo free shit is hard to vote against when it's all you know loser.
It's the culture..
That's right, I'm the winner, you're the loser.

Glad you got it straight.

Now go breastfeed on George Bush.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997513 Oct 7, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

Republicans don't get to avoid negotiations by picking and choosing to act on only those items of the budget with which Democrats and republicans agree. Pretty soon the only thing left would be the Affordable Care Act. Surprise!!!
Dems doing the same thing by refusing to compromise on anything. Pot meet kettle. Pass some these very necessary bills and show some willingness to compromise Dems!
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, the "House floor has played host to a parade of bills to restore government functions piece by piece, accompanied by rhetorical flourishes from ardent conservatives extolling the role of government in civic life and the selflessness of civil servants." IT'S SICKENING.
Republicans have never cared about funding NIH. Republicans have never cared about funding supplemental nutrition programs for women, infants and children. Republicans have never cared about national parks. "The House votes to restore financing to parts of the government followed efforts over two years to cut some of the very programs Republicans are now trying to rescue!!"
You are truly a heartless twat as only such a person could make such sweeping, baseless insertions.
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The House voted 407 to 0 on Saturday on a bill to guarantee that federal workers — once denigrated by conservatives as overpaid and underworked — will receive back pay once the government reopens.
At a hearing in 2011, Mr. Ross, the chairman of the House subcommittee on the federal work force, the Postal Service and labor policy, charged that “federal employees on average earned $101,628 in total compensation in 2010, nearly four times more than the average private-sector worker.”
"On Saturday, those workers were suddenly selfless civil servants: nurses and doctors saving lives, emergency workers braving natural disasters and NASA scientists exploring the frontiers of space."
I agree and so do most Americans they are over paid. However, only an emotional crippled would thinks this means we hate them and don't think they should be paid.
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Programs that conservatives had tolerated at best were suddenly lavished with praise: nutrition assistance for women and children, federal medical research, national parks, the Smithsonian Institution, even the government of the District of Columbia, which was authorized to spend money to pick up Washington’s trash, maintain its needle exchange program for intravenous drug users and even implement the health care law."
REPUBLICANS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO MORALS OR ETHIC. NONE!
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/us/politics...
Your projecting or repeating unsupported viewpoints is not a good sign for your reasonability and shows shades of being paranoid.
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#997514 Oct 7, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think you qualify for a subsidy, the exchange might be right for you. If not, then go somewhere else.
So what Obama really meant to say was: "If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan even though it may cost 3-5 times what it does now."

Got it. Thanks.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997515 Oct 7, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU DON'T HAVE TO PURCHASE INSURANCE FROM THE EXCHANGE! Why is that so hard for you to understand? IF, AND THAT IS A BIG IF, your employer drops your insurance, purchase it somewhere else. There are a lot of good plans out there for people who can afford them.
Good grief, please tell were does one purchase individual insurance?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997516 Oct 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*Yawn*
Springheel

Baltimore, MD

#997517 Oct 7, 2013
This healthcare law seems to be just another mechanism to keep down those who are already down.

At the end of the day most companies will keep their plans because they are part of compensation and they want to retain their people. Most of us won't be hard hit by it.

Now think of the poor family on full benefits. SNAP, cash assistance, housing assistance--the whole shebang.

These folks already know about the difficulty in starting work and losing benefits. Entry level wages are less than total benefits, so they can't enter.

Now they are going to find another obstacle to upward movement. Once they make a certain amount per year, they'll lose their healthcare subsidy and find they have to pay full freight, which they won't be able to do, so they won't be inclined to move up.

Democrats are great for this. Remember that LBJ quote earlier? I have another.

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”—LBJ
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#997518 Oct 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Hidden coward location in ghetto Wethersfield, Connecticunt and a childish avatar on Topix, nutcase stupid still breastfeeding on George Bush and sucking Dick Cheney in his gaseous windstorm of hyperbole and idiot while the country slides into an obama bin Lyin abyss and goes to hell.

You can fake your smiles and laughter, but can never fake your paranoia and urban stupidity..

It's the culture...

Location hidden

#997519 Oct 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad it bothers you so. I been here and gone, I've kept the trash to a minimum. But now you're here.

Haven't seen many of the Teabags today. Most ran off. I don't tolerate their bullshit, and you hate me for it.

Which makes me happy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I want a cave beast slave 12 min helping hand 3
Has anyone seen Barros or Tamale? 13 min Happy Ned 7
Black trannys prefer white but white trannys pr... 14 min Nibble 1
people dont believe im biracial and its pissing... 14 min race warfare 9
Slavery 19 min curious 4
Direct link between Opioid abuse and Trump voters 28 min NSA-CIA trumps DE... 30
NFL feetzballer rapes old ladies (again)… 37 min Richard Nixon 12
"LIBERALS" Are CLOSE MINDED KNUCKLE DRAGGERS 1 hr The Patriot 37
Are Mexicans the the new Blacks? 2 hr Believing 90
liberal actor Peter Fonda wants to kidnap Barr... 3 hr MeToo Movement 35
Loser Trump just keeps on Losing... 4 hr Polaris 100