Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1458575 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Tonto

Montréal, Canada

#965624 Aug 17, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Duck Dynasty brings us a glimpse of the Republican base.
True, but you can get pretty good impression just by laying a napkin on the seat at McDonald's.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#965625 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Gallup poll released today: Obama's approval 35%, disapproval 62%.
I must be psychic. Told Homer just this afternoon Obama's approval wasn't going to get any better. People now see the obvious - the emperor has no clothes - and the reality of Obamacare is sinking in.
Still looking for the GOP congressperson letting Obamacare run its course but I stumbled upon this irresistible turd.

45% Approve - 47% disapprove

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/presidentia...
Tonto

Montréal, Canada

#965626 Aug 17, 2013
WERE ARE ALL THE ARREST wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for the
Spelling lesson.You must be a School Teacher?
Tonto just think of better answer. No, Tonto not school teacher, Tonto Yankee so speaking and spelling not foreign terms to Tonto. Say, um, you guys lost last war too, didn't you?

Location hidden

#965627 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling the truth is not pure evil, Homer. You really are becoming quite worrisome.
Look at any poll and every one of them will show you the same thing. The majority were - and still are - against Obamacare.
The reality is sinking in now and the odds are Obama's approval will not be improving anytime soon.
So does saying that also make me pure evil, Homer? Does it? Really?
Went all the way back into Thursday daytime (you can tell 'cause Homer's posting) and nothing about a GOP congressperson advocating letting Obamacare run its course.

Don't tell me its just another LIE, is it some compulsion with you???

<rhetorical question>

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#965629 Aug 17, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Electing Mitt Romney, a vulture capitalist and mindless 'etch-a'sketch' politician, as his own party's Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum described him, has his own 'gang of thieves' running his conman enterprises through Bain Capital ,and still ripping off the American people .
Prove any of the drivel you post? You are the 'reactionary' looking for handouts..

Level 5

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#965630 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Still looking for the GOP congressperson letting Obamacare run its course but I stumbled upon this irresistible turd.
45% Approve - 47% disapprove
Look again.

August 5-11: 44% Approve, 48% Disapprove.

He's dropped in the polls on every issue from job approval to handling the economy to health care.

I posted that too yesterday, I believe. You'll just have to trust me or look it up yourself. It was another Gallup poll. Shouldn't be hard to google.

Good morning, by the way.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#965631 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Went all the way back into Thursday daytime (you can tell 'cause Homer's posting) and nothing about a GOP congressperson advocating letting Obamacare run its course.
Don't tell me its just another LIE, is it some compulsion with you???
<rhetorical question>
My bad. It was Wednesday night, not Thursday night. A thousand apologies.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965632 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look again.
He's dropped in the polls on every issue from job approval to handling the economy to health care.
I posted that too yesterday, I believe. You'll just have to trust me or look it up yourself. It was another Gallup poll. Shouldn't be hard to google.
so he's still above 22%?

had me worried there for a minute. well, maybe a few seconds.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#965633 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
What should he have done about Egypt?
If he'd have been glued OBL would be dead now? Oh wait, he is.
What should he have done the night of Benghazi and how would his being more "forthcoming" would have changed the outcome?
You just want a big daddy President like all the other right-whiners.
(its actually simpler than that: you just can't tolerate the colored Democrat in the WH)
Any other president would have called a joint meeting with chiefs of staff, generals, advisors, etc. and been on top of every decision with the #1 priority being to save those Americans, staying up half the night if necessary.

Obama didn't even call Panetta to get an update once and made only one phone call to Hillary Clinton.

Perhaps he was playing cards. No one knows what he was doing. But he obviously got enough sleep to be fresh for his fundraiser in Los Vegas the next day.

Then came the lies about a video and altering the CIA's talking points linking it directly to terrorism beyond recognition.

Winning reelections with this president (and most democrats) always comes first before being truthful with the American public even if people die on the anniversary of 9/11.

Location hidden

#965634 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look again.
Look again:

"LoisLane59 wrote:
I must be psychic."

If you went to the link I provided you saw the history for at least the last month. Thursday it was NOT 35%- 62%. In fact, on the same page you'll see he's never polled below 38%.

Mornin'

Location hidden

#965635 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad. It was Wednesday night, not Thursday night. A thousand apologies.
Then address it again 'cause I'm not going on another wild goose chase.

I do too much for you for you and it usually ends up being a lie anyway.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#965636 Aug 17, 2013
RNC Votes To Ban CNN/MSNBC Debates – Which They Have No Power To Do

There is, however, a small problem with the Priebus declaration. The RNC has no power whatsoever to prohibit any debate by an network. Sure, they can pass resolutions that make grandiose claims to authority that they don’t have, but reality trumps their hubris. The truth is that any network can announce its intention to produce a debate. They can invite candidates to participate. The candidates are free to accept or reject any offer as they see fit. Chances are, the second and third tier candidates will accept virtually any opportunity to promote themselves on national television. Subsequently, the frontrunners will be reluctant to let their competitors have the stage to themselves. So the debates will go on with a full cast of characters.

Priebus’ threat, therefore, is an impotent cry for attention. He is not empowered to force his will on the people who are vying to be the next leader of the free world. In a best case scenario he may be able to influence the number of debates, which is a goal he has previously articulated. After all, it is fairly obvious that the more Republican candidates are exposed to the American people, the more they will embarrass themselves, and the more votes they will lose. The GOP has a distinct interest in limiting their exposure, and that is what Priebus is aiming for.

The hypocrisy of Priebus’ resolution is apparent in the fact that he is only nixing CNN and MSNBC, even though there have been reports that Fox may be producing the NBC project. Priebus cannot extend his toothless ban to Fox or there would be no cable news networks available to host a GOP debate. But there is no reasonable explanation for why Fox would be given a pass (other than their role as the GOP PR division).

The full text of the resolution cites campaign donations by the head of NBC’s entertainment division to Hillary Clinton, but the head of Fox News’ parent corporation has done likewise. Also, the News Corp political PAC, News America Holdings, has given more to Democrats than Republicans in each of the last four election cycles. So if producing Clinton documentaries and donating to her campaign warrant prohibition as debate hosts, then Fox clearly qualifies.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

Location hidden

#965637 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Any other president would have called a joint meeting with chiefs of staff, generals, advisors, etc. and been on top of every decision with the #1 priority being to save those Americans, staying up half the night if necessary.
Obama didn't even call Panetta to get an update once and made only one phone call to Hillary Clinton.
Perhaps he was playing cards. No one knows what he was doing. But he obviously got enough sleep to be fresh for his fundraiser in Los Vegas the next day.
Then came the lies about a video and altering the CIA's talking points linking it directly to terrorism beyond recognition.
Winning reelections with this president (and most democrats) always comes first before being truthful with the American public even if people die on the anniversary of 9/11.
Blah, blah, blah ...

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#965638 Aug 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so he's still above 22%?
had me worried there for a minute. well, maybe a few seconds.
According to a Gallup poll in May of this year:

69% agree that questions over the Obama administration's public response to the September 11, 2012, attack on the American consulate in Benghazi deserves more investigation including 52% who "strongly agree."

On the IRS scandal, 74% agree that issue needs to be investigated more including 56% who "strongly agree."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/162584/americans-a...

But the liberal media and you liberals keep parroting Obama and saying "there's no there 'there'" and they are "phony scandals".

I thought Democratic presidents always made decisions by polls.

Guess they weren't as narcissistic as this one and as insulated by the media lapdogs.

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#965639 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah ...
Well, see, there you again.

You asked me to prove something, I did and this is your response. Why did you even want to know then?

Level 5

Orlando, FL

#965640 Aug 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Look again:
"LoisLane59 wrote:
I must be psychic."
If you went to the link I provided you saw the history for at least the last month. Thursday it was NOT 35%- 62%. In fact, on the same page you'll see he's never polled below 38%.
Mornin'
The 35% was Obama's approval on the economy.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#965641 Aug 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
#1 - right wing source.
#2 - right wing source.
ever since Mitch Daniels got caught lying about job creation in Indiana, most sane Hoosiers(re: not republicans) don't pay much attention to what the Republicans in Indy have to say.
Mitch Daniels is a Pseudo Liberal too or RINO and is in the left wing of the Republican Party just not the Democrat Party's left wing.

A RINO (Republican in Name Only) is an officeholder or candidate who is a member of the Republican Party, but holds views to the political left of most Republican voters. The term "RINO" describes politicians who claim to be Republican but are in fact liberal, and therefore generally debase the winning conservative coalition base of the Republican Party.

http://www.conservapedia.com/RINO#Governors_2
TSM

El Paso, TX

#965642 Aug 17, 2013
Liberals make a good point what could Obama’ do’ about Egypt ,what he’s done for the Last Five years ‘ Nothing?’ Maybe I’m being a little Harsh he did give a 6 minute speech concerning the crisis then return back to the Golf Course, I’m guessing but the President and the Liberal Media probably perceives this as another Phony Crisis conjured up by Republicans to make him look Bad….Right?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#965643 Aug 17, 2013
Muslim Brotherhood leader's son killed in Egypt clashes!! Ammar Badie, son of Mohammed Badie, was shot dead in Cairo!! I’m waiting for Obama to step up to the podium and tell the American People’ if he had a son he’ll look just like Ammar!’

Location hidden

#965644 Aug 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, see, there you again.
You asked me to prove something, I did and this is your response. Why did you even want to know then?
You didn't "prove" anything, you just asked a bunch of meaningless questions that you don't ask of any other President. Now what could be different about Obama and every other president we've had?

Here's a list of Embassy attacks, get started:

27-Jan-58 Ankara, Turkey
26-Sep-71 Phnom Penh, Cambodia
1972 Manila, Philippines
19-Aug-74 Nicosia, Cyprus
4-Aug-75 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
21-Nov-79 Islamabad, Pakistan
2-Dec-79 Tripoli, Libya
18-Apr-83 Beirut, Lebanon
12-Dec-83 Kuwait City, Kuwait
20-Sep-84 Beirut, Lebanon
Nov-84 Bogota, Colombia
Feb-86 Lisbon, Portugal
14-May-86 Jakarta, Indonesia
9-Jun-87 Rome, Italy
17-Sep-89 Bogota, Colombia
27-Jul-93 Lima, Peru
13-Sep-95 Moscow, Russia
21-Jun-98 Beirut, Lebanon
7-Aug-98 Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
24-Apr-99 Yekaterinburg, Russia
22-Jan-02 Calcutta, India
14-Jun-02 Karachi, Pakistan
12-Oct-02 Denpasar, Indonesia
28-Feb-03 Islamabad, Pakistan
30-Jun-04 Tashkent, Uzbekistan
6-Dec-04 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2-Mar-06 Karachi, Pakistan
12-Sep-06 Damascus, Syria
12-Jan-07 Athens, Greece
18-Mar-08 Sana'a, Yemen
9-Jul-08 Istanbul, Turkey
17-Sep-08 Sana'a, Yemen
5-Apr-10 Peshawar, Pakistan
11-Sep-12 Cairo, Egypt, Benghazi, Libya, Sana'a
1-Feb-13 Ankara, Turkey

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
King tut's tomb 8 min Troller of saltines 90
New Far right POTUS , ISIS is Celebrating !!! 12 min bluestreak returns 85
Why do i see white men picking up hookers 17 min Troller of saltines 5
Thanksgiving is a WHITES ONLY holiday! 19 min bluestreak returns 275
The reason black men desire white women 19 min Troller of saltines 61
Why do white people wear shorts in the winter? (Jan '09) 20 min FEMALEHOTEP2016 243
islam vs islamophobs............... 20 min bluestreak returns 338
Will Le Pen repatriate Muslims from france? 1 hr dcool 49
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 hr PolakPotrafi 50,627
News The real reasons the U.S. became less racist to... 2 hr Deplorable Jeff 161
More from around the web