Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#929935 Jun 22, 2013
been there9 wrote:
It amazes me still that people don't understand the threat of corperate greed that is universal and yet we are still distracted by whatever the news media brainwash machine tells us to be distracted by. Do you not understand that by now "marketing" your emotions is down to a science. Political, religious,patriotic emotions all manipulated to keep you "in line" and discussing and griping and getting worked up about things that keep you from taking action against or recognizing our real threats.
What is your point?

What action do you suggest?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#929936 Jun 22, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about you being told what not to think. As opposed to hearing both sides and thinking for yourself.
You should take your own advice.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#929937 Jun 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Klobuchar said Minnesota contains 400 medical device companies that employ 35,000 people, amounting to “one of the bright spots in America’s economy.” She said the 2.3 percent tax stifles innovation and threatens America’s position as the top exporter of medical devices.
“While I’m proud to be a champion of [the health care law], I believe that the medical device tax is just not the way to pay for it,” said Sen. Al Franken, Minnesota Democrat, during floor debate.
Ms. Klobuchar and Mr. Franken have joined Sens. Bob Casey Jr., Pennsylvania Democrat, and Joe Donnelly, Indiana Democrat, in sponsoring Mr. Hatch’s bill.
The tax does not apply to exports. Galt is dumb.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#929938 Jun 23, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
Here's a credibility problem for you. A quote from California senator fienstien;
"All vets are mentally ill and government should prevent them from owning firearms".
Peace
KMA
Eed is a liar. Feinsten never said that & he uses an opinion piece as proof even though it has been debunked over & over
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#929939 Jun 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed is a liar. Feinsten never said that & he uses an opinion piece as proof even though it has been debunked over & over
Debunk this you idiot...

Ghetto is not a Republican invetion.... Ghetto is a man made demokratic party disaster...

It's the culture...

Level 1

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#929940 Jun 23, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The poll had respondents stating
53% saying that abortion should be legal under special circumstances
22% illegal
21% legal under any circumstances
As angry as it makes Dave at least 59% of the population thinks abortion should be limited/illegal in most or all circumstances.
Instead of the above numbers which would have pushed this to 75% I used the Pro Choice number as the indicator
Abortion is only legal under certain circumstances. Late term abortions are only legal with dangerous health issues for the woman.

Your lie is the word most.

Using your own logic: In that poll, 47% identify themselves as pro-Life. So, according to you, that means 53% think abortion should be legal in most or all circumstances..

Yu took a poll & added your own erroneous assumptions.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#929941 Jun 23, 2013
been there9 wrote:
This president is no worse or better than any other president for the last several years since Eisenhower's Industrial War Complex speech and since Kennedy was assassinated. Since then we have been expected to be sheep who don't question the dictations of our government "investigations" and the media interpretation of it all. Real reporters of news are few as real news is rarely reported anyway.
Well depends on what news you source, Fox news for instance would not know what investigative reporting is, let alone break a story. They just comment on someone else's work and spin it out to suit a political message. The days of Watergate are over, so all that is left are whistle blowers and Wikileaks who are also crippled by the same system. PBS networks do some decent storys as well but News papers can't afford to have reporter work months on a story. So we have to settle for what the Kardashians are wearing this week.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#929942 Jun 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about you being told what not to think. As opposed to hearing both sides and thinking for yourself.
that from one who refuses to acknowledge that one side is even worth listening to.

and when you're paraphrasing BillO are you thinking for yourself? hell, BillO doesn't even think for himself: he's reading a script.

i bet they even storyboard the shows. Hollywood would be proud.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#929943 Jun 23, 2013
For John Boehner, it’s job security vs. legacy

House Speaker John Boehner stopped by the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill on Thursday afternoon to pitch a gathering of the National Association of Manufacturers on the Republicans’ plans for jobs and growth.

“While my colleagues and I don’t have the majority here in Washington,” the speaker vowed,“we will continue to pursue our plan.”

Or will they?

Not an hour after those words were uttered, Boehner’s House Republicans dealt him the latest in a series of humiliations. Sixty-two Republicans defied him and voted against the farm bill, defeating a major piece of legislation Boehner had made a test of his leadership by pushing for it publicly and voting for it personally — something speakers only do on the most important bills.

The dispute this time was over food stamps and agricultural subsidies, but the pattern was the same: House leaders lost Democratic support by tilting the bill to satisfy the Republican base, but a group of conservative purists remained upset that the legislation didn’t go far enough.

Much the same dynamic confronts Boehner as the House prepares to take up immigration legislation next month. A similar set of pressures has kept Boehner from negotiating a long-term budget deal with the White House.

In all instances, Boehner faces a choice: his job or his legacy. He can enact landmark compromises but lose his job in a conservative coup. Or he can keep his job but get nothing much done.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...

Level 1

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#929944 Jun 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Debunk this you idiot...
Ghetto is not a Republican invetion.... Ghetto is a man made demokratic party disaster...
It's the culture...
FloriDUH. Urban areas have had poor sections long before this country ever existed.

This make you an idiot.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#929945 Jun 23, 2013
Fox News Ratings: Fanning The Flames Of Scandal Pays Off – Sort Of

....However, it is inescapable that Fox’s obsession with hyperbolic attacks on President Obama and his administration is not resonating with younger viewers. Fox is repeating the mistakes they committed last year by harping on wild conspiracies, extreme rightist rhetoric, and fantastical allegations for which they have no support. That’s the sort of behavior that turned them into a laughing stock and produced an audience that was stunned when Republicans cratered at the ballot box. The same sort of shock is going to strike Fox viewers when these myriad scandals all peter out. Their gullible audience will once again wonder how Fox could have assured them that the Obama administration was near collapse, but nothing close to that takes place. If there is one constant that Fox is careful to maintain, it is their determination to mislead their flock by feeding them the fringe-flavored chum they crave.

The near future will likely be more of the same barring any unforeseen circumstances. There are no predictable events on the horizon (i.e. elections) that are likely to stir the pot. Although the currently simmering pseudo-scandals may still have a little heat in them, and the Supreme Court will be dropping some decisions this summer. Other than that, stay tuned to be underwhelmed, unless you’re Fox viewer. In which case — be afraid, be very afraid.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

Level 1

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#929946 Jun 23, 2013
Heard Boehner yesterday. The Republican's plans for the economy: Lower taxes, cut spending, and Drill, baby, drill.

Same old crap from the same Republicans in Congress that spent like crazy under Bush.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#929947 Jun 23, 2013
It’s High Time That the GOP Faces Its Real Enemy: House Republicans

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/22/high-t...
LNC Llin

United States

#929948 Jun 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Heard Boehner yesterday. The Republican's plans for the economy: Lower taxes, cut spending, and Drill, baby, drill.
Same old crap from the same Republicans in Congress that spent like crazy under Bush.
Will assist them in losing elections
Bosslikers

United States

#929949 Jun 23, 2013
New autolike fb 100% work
www.bosslikers.tk

“On Deck”

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#929950 Jun 23, 2013
Jesse Jackson Jr. will be sent to prison long before me.
His downfall has to be one of the greatest crushing defeats in all of American history.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#929952 Jun 23, 2013
been there9 wrote:
This president is no worse or better than any other president for the last several years since Eisenhower's Industrial War Complex speech and since Kennedy was assassinated. Since then we have been expected to be sheep who don't question the dictations of our government "investigations" and the media interpretation of it all. Real reporters of news are few as real news is rarely reported anyway.
Agree in as much as each of said Presidents has expanded the reach of the Executive branch. Each of these expansions become entrenched and accepted by the "sheep". In a few years the ideas of investigative journalism and individual privacy will be quaint memories. The last vestiges of government accountability are being ground out by this President.

They've won and we've known for years that Ike was right.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#929953 Jun 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Debunk this you idiot...
Ghetto is not a Republican invetion.... Ghetto is a man made demokratic party disaster...
It's the culture...
Debunk if? How 'bout somebody citing the Feinstein quote, not just re-quoting the misquote?

I know, y'all are lazy. That's why you love spoon-fed opinions.

Here ya go:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#929954 Jun 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Debunk this you idiot...
Ghetto is not a Republican invetion.... Ghetto is a man made demokratic party disaster...
It's the culture...
Oops, got Floriduh mixed up with Whatever.

Disregard moron.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#929955 Jun 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News Ratings: Fanning The Flames Of Scandal Pays Off – Sort Of
....However, it is inescapable that Fox’s obsession with hyperbolic attacks on President Obama and his administration is not resonating with younger viewers. Fox is repeating the mistakes they committed last year by harping on wild conspiracies, extreme rightist rhetoric, and fantastical allegations for which they have no support. That’s the sort of behavior that turned them into a laughing stock and produced an audience that was stunned when Republicans cratered at the ballot box. The same sort of shock is going to strike Fox viewers when these myriad scandals all peter out. Their gullible audience will once again wonder how Fox could have assured them that the Obama administration was near collapse, but nothing close to that takes place. If there is one constant that Fox is careful to maintain, it is their determination to mislead their flock by feeding them the fringe-flavored chum they crave.
The near future will likely be more of the same barring any unforeseen circumstances. There are no predictable events on the horizon (i.e. elections) that are likely to stir the pot. Although the currently simmering pseudo-scandals may still have a little heat in them, and the Supreme Court will be dropping some decisions this summer. Other than that, stay tuned to be underwhelmed, unless you’re Fox viewer. In which case — be afraid, be very afraid.
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
Wonder how many Republicans didn't turn out last year 'cause Fox was assuring them that Romney was a slam-dunk?

Who does Fox really work for? They've done a hell of a job making a joke out of the Republican Party and so-called "conservatives".

Its either one of the most elaborate, clever conspiracies ever or they're a bunch of idiots leading idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do WW Love U, 15 WW Has Accused Bill Cosby Of... 17 min lol 122
The BLACK RACE is failing . 18 min Just the facts 11
Hannity Pre-Blames Obama For Any Violence In Fe... 19 min MAXXX RACIST 25
What have black people contributed to the world... (Jan '09) 19 min sheepkiller 187
You go gurrrrl! Get yo SWIRL on! 21 min lol 4
"Gimmee Dat" Mentality in Macon GA 22 min WAR_whitesagainst... 5
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 26 min Curious Me 26,465
BW Dating White Actor Is Harrassed By Jealous W... 27 min lol 243
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 34 min Carly HI YAH 96,693
Whites' Pathological Desire to put Blacks down 46 min LION 136
ILLEGAL Mexicans 1 hr UruEuWauWau 280

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE