Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,037)

Showing posts 760,721 - 760,740 of1,078,477
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Today's children are more violent and hateful because of their lack of respect of authority and their elected officials. The constant bashing of President Obama and other elected leaders by right-wing hate radio is a major factor in the increase in violence and hate in today's children. Is it a coincidence that these events started occurring soon after Russ Limbaugh began broadcasting his hate-speech? I don't think it's any coincidence at all.
The bashing of elected leaders began before Obama became the president. It grew in intensity beginning in 2000.

But violence among the younger generation goes deeper than that.

We have become much too self-centered and self-absorbed as a society and our children are fast becoming the wild children like in Lord of the Flies because we stopped caring and being good role models.

It's how do we stop doing it that's the challenge.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Or top Republicans such as 8Michigan's Ron Weiser getting caught on tape telling a Tea Party meeting total fabrications about the "people" of Detroit and then having the gonies to say his remarks were taken out of context rather than simply apologize.
BTW Carol, Rush Limbaugh has played a significant role in the nations current state of political resentment and mean spiritedness.
There's blood on all our hands. It goes much deeper than politics, but the tone has to stop by all on both sides.

But we've simply stopped caring about our children. They are all our future. Not politicians.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
..box knives :-)
President Obama won with the election .
As a republican you can work to re nominate Romney and Ryan.
Please keep posting fox stuff!
Your posts helped elect President Obama!
Mentioning the box knives that were used on 9/11 wasn't anything political.

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Liberalism creates a feedback loop. It is usually impossible for a non-liberal to change a liberal's mind about political issues because liberalism works like so: only liberals are credible sources of information. How do you know someone's liberal? He espouses liberal doctrine. So, no matter how plausible what you say may be, it will be ignored if you're not a liberal and if you are a liberal, of course, you probably agree with liberal views.
2) Liberals sources of information are ever present. Conservatives are regularly exposed to the liberal viewpoint whether they want to be or not. That's not necessarily so for liberals. Imagine the average day for liberals. They get up and read their local newspaper. It has a liberal viewpoint. They take their kids to school, where the teachers are liberal. Then they go to work, listen to NPR which has a liberal viewpoint on the way home, and then turn on the nightly news which also skews leftward. From there, they turn on TV and watch shows created by liberals that lean to the left, if they have any political viewpoint at all. Unless liberals actively seek out conservative viewpoints, which is unlikely, the only conservative arguments they're probably going to hear are going to be through the heavily distorted, poorly translated, deeply skeptical lens of other liberals.
http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/20 ...
You read crap like townhall.com so you yourself are caught in a right-wing feedback loop.

Y'all crack me up.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But you still haven't explained how taking them away from law-abiding citizens will keep them out of the hands of criminals.
I don't like guns either. But I also don't want them in the wrongs hands and innocent people at their mercy.
Maybe we should address that problem.
Where'd the shooter get the guns?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The bashing of elected leaders began before Obama became the president. It grew in intensity beginning in 2000.
But violence among the younger generation goes deeper than that.
We have become much too self-centered and self-absorbed as a society and our children are fast becoming the wild children like in Lord of the Flies because we stopped caring and being good role models.
It's how do we stop doing it that's the challenge.
It grew in intensity in the 90's with the establishment of Fox "News", the rise of right-wing talk radio, and the GOP spending billions trying to get ANYTHING on Clinton. Don't you remember Rush calling Chelsea Clinton "the White House dog"?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Piss off, not reading any more of your BS.
You're not even asking yourself why these terrible things are happening with our young people - suicides, murder, bullying - and why they seem to be happening with more frequency? Or what has changed from three or four decades ago?

I gave you my explanations. Do you have any?
dem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

I can't believe you people. I sincerely put my heart out on my sleeve for all the world to see. I slit my wrists and said, "Topix world, this is my blood; its red and gay just like yours", and what do you do? You mock me.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
The Westboro Baptist Church, the controversial group known for protesting outside funerals of slain U.S. service members, announced that it will picket a vigil for the victims of Friday's Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, the second largest mass killing in American history.
Shirley Phelps-Roper, a spokesperson for the group and, like most members of the organization, a relative of the group's founder, Fred Phelps, announced on Twitter on Saturday the group's plan "to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/west...
How utterly revolting
dem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
It grew in intensity in the 90's with the establishment of Fox "News", the rise of right-wing talk radio, and the GOP spending billions trying to get ANYTHING on Clinton. Don't you remember Rush calling Chelsea Clinton "the White House dog"?
You can't have that chubby pink hotty Willie Clinton, fatboy; he's mine.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do your homies get theirs? In 2011, there were 103 gang related murders in Chicago alone. Where's your outrage at that?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and it coincided with the Evangelical intrusion into politics in the 70's and 80's. I think Evangelicals should start doing as their Bible instructs them to do.
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven."
Some of your good friends from the Westboro Baptist Church are planning an atrocity in Newtown tomorrow, are you joining them?
Totally agree, those Westboro people are the worst swine I have ever seen
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't stop the irrational hatred if you won't acknowledge what was said about a certain vice-presidential candidate's children.

Rush Limbaugh takes out his frustrations with a big microphone and a big mouth. Someone needs to tell him to chill out.

But does that mean only one side is guilty?

What about Dan Rather lying about Bush and losing his job because of it?

Do you want only one side to be heard when they are as guilty of what you accuse Fox?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe what you want, but thanks to Turdblossom, you're stuck with them.
Not really. Just drop the anti-abortion platform and they will go away.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
How utterly revolting
If we had any common sense left, we would have stopped this kind of harmful speech a long time ago. It surpasses freedom of speech like yelling fire. It hurts people.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Oregon shooter apparently stole the rifle.

The Connecticut shooter apparently took his mother's guns.

Where do criminals and gang members get guns?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The "war" on drugs.
Tend to agree with you, at least for some drugs, but there are other areas where the police are abusive and offensive as well. Start with red light cameras, speed traps, highway checkpoints, computer entrapment stings, etc.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But you still haven't explained how taking them away from law-abiding citizens will keep them out of the hands of criminals.
I don't like guns either. But I also don't want them in the wrongs hands and innocent people at their mercy.
Maybe we should address that problem.
That boy committed mass murder with his mothers guns.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Oregon shooter apparently stole the rifle.
The Connecticut shooter apparently took his mother's guns.
Where do criminals and gang members get guns?
Many are stolen from peoples homes. Two police officers in Miami were arrested for selling illegal guns; 600 guns, they were a married couple.
Anything for a buck
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney got more votes than McCain.
A fiscally conservative party that avoids issues like religion, abortion, sexual preference, and marriage would do better. None of these issues belong in the political forum. Avoiding these issues would leave the Democrats with little to talk about.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 760,721 - 760,740 of1,078,477
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

424 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 4 min Bellavon 2,170
Random thoughts... (Sep '07) 5 min AgentSmith9 77,773
OOPS! Obama On His Way Out. 6 min Ugh 2
why do white people lie all the time? (Aug '07) 7 min The Plain Truth 129
Black colleges face hard choices on $25M Koch gift 8 min mcyt 6
Ku Klux Klan Willing To Work With Blacks To Fig... 12 min Hilarious 55
Why do good looking black women like white men ... (Sep '12) 16 min The Plain Truth 6,025
About foreign born blacks. ---------- 19 min asho 374
Zimmerman Federal Hate Crime Charges ????? 47 min Martin Meason 68
•••
•••