Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1684597 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#753965 Sep 26, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did just say that.
Concerning Obama answering tough questions, suffice it to say that’s what he does all day every day as POTUS. I find no evidence that he is asleep at the wheel.
You seem polite, which I appreciate, and I’m going out of my way to be gentle with you.
He never answers the tough questions. He goes on The View and Entertainment Tonight to answer questions about his favorite Mexican food.

I appreciate your kind words but you really need to wise up.
Imhotep

United States

#753966 Sep 26, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
From Obamas speach at the UN:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."
Oops!

Why do you distort?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/0...

Full video

PRESIDENT OBAMA addresses the U.N. General Assembly: The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt – it must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted “Muslims, Christians, we are one.” The future must not belong to those who bully women – it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons. The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country’s resources – it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs; workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the men and women that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied.
carol

Orlando, FL

#753967 Sep 26, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
We almost agree on something here. You wrote,“It would be a lot cheaper to provide government funded clinics for those who are under a certain income level and have payment plans they can afford than to insure millions of people, ration healthcare for everyone and send everyone's taxes soaring.” I agree completely with that assertion.
However, if we were to exclude the middlemen, who are in business to make a profit, we could provide health care for everyone with far better benefits. The ultimate national health program would be to convert Medicare into a single-payer model system. Insurance companies could continue to make big profits by selling all their other forms of insurance (home, life, automobile, personal liability, umbrella, flood, to list some of the most profitable ones), and taxpayers/contributors would not have to pay their premium profits for health care.
Might you agree, Carol, or might you propose another plan that you believe more ideal?
Government-run anything is a big mistake. Government-run health care is a HUGE mistake. That's all there is to it.

Most small businesses will drop their employees medical benefits like hot potatoes. The number of people added to the government medical insurance program will be astronomical.

Who is going to pay for all those people plus the millions of uninsured who will also be covered by the new government insurance company?

Is it really the federal government's job to get into the health care business?
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#753968 Sep 26, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
last I heard rich republicans owned all the voting mACHINES so there should be no problem with Romney winning, right?
I aspire to be wealthy, you aspire for everyone to be poor.
Yes, Diebold has been a problem with its history of voting machine scams, but if enough progressives vote, some do slip through to get elected.

Jesus just warned me about talking to you, so we’ve got to keep it on the DL.
carol

Orlando, FL

#753969 Sep 26, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why King Obama has aimed for all of the outliers like gays and giving freebies to illegal Mexicans. He is desperate and any trash vote is better than none. He'll lie to the elderly and give free money to potential college students. He'll buy his way back into the White House using YOUR money and tell you to STFU.
Hurry November. We need a free December.
Wish I could find the audio I heard the other night of the president speaking at some university about beefing up more federal programs because people are "struggling".

It simply never occurs to him that an overreaching government is why they are struggling.
carol

Orlando, FL

#753970 Sep 26, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
What a joke
Conservative trash attacking President Obama for four years as a Muslim
He's never been quite clear about that.

Madonna thinks he's a Muslim.

Most of us think he just has strong Muslim ties because his father was a Muslim and he lived in a Muslim country as a child.

His middle name is also of Muslim origin.

But he's really a Black Liberation Theologist.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#753971 Sep 26, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I saw that on tv!, it would be poetic justice for him to lose his seat as well. Hope the voters have realized that those tea party candidates were a disaster. Like Allen West here, and Joe Walsh in Chicago
The big question for me is whether the Teanderthal-controlled Rapepublicans will blame Romney or the remaining nose-breathing, upright-walking, reasoning humans (i.e., homo sapiens) in the GOP will have sufficient strength to purge it of the parasite. Once the parasite kills its host, it too dies unless it can find another host to infect.
Imhotep

United States

#753972 Sep 26, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that you speaking, God?
Yes my slave...

I am busy, Mohammad is having sordid affair with Jesus. He is jealous of the hidden wife.
I requested the assistance of Baal.

And there are rumors circulating Joey Greco's Cheaters is featuring this woman

Springer (former mayor of Cincy, paid for a KY hooker with a check) is next!

PS: Satan is booked solid handling Bishop Willard
I am pleased at his success. He wanted Kolob, as a perk.

Really, what is a god to do?

My slaves are rioting, my dilithium crystals have been depleted, I want another flood but can only afford Global warming.

Is it any mystery my name backwards is Dog?
Mom could have done better
Sue would be good.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#753973 Sep 26, 2012
Mitt Romney’s speech at the Clinton Global Initiative is not going to help him win the election. If he continues wasting time trying to move the needle on foreign policy, he is likely to lose.

The neoconservatives are giving Gov. Romney bad advice. They have repeatedly trashed him on background in the media for not paying enough attention to foreign policy, claiming that focusing on it more would help him win. The facts are not on their side.

If Romney wanted to win the election based on a foreign policy bump, he would have two tasks before him: to make foreign policy a salient issue, and to make voters prefer him on that issue. On the first task, in every poll asking for voters’ top priority, foreign policy/war/terrorism comes in under five percent. However much GOP foreign policy people don’t like it, this election will turn on the economy.

Second, voters prefer Obama to Romney by 15 percent on foreign policy generally, and by 11 percent specifically on foreign policy in the Middle East. Even after the Obama administration’s poor handling of the violence in Egypt and Libya, voters preferred Obama’s response over the Romney camp’s demagoguery by a margin of 45 to 26.

Focusing on foreign policy will not win Romney the election. And if he loses, as in 2008, the Republicans will have the neoconservatives to blame. Whether they would choose to accept the lesson of 2008 and 2012 is another question altogether.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/foreign-policy...
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#753974 Sep 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He never answers the tough questions. He goes on The View and Entertainment Tonight to answer questions about his favorite Mexican food.
I appreciate your kind words but you really need to wise up.
We disagree about what constitutes wisdom — and reality.
New Carol

Chicago, IL

#753975 Sep 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish I could find the audio I heard the other night of the president speaking at some university about beefing up more federal programs because people are "struggling".
It simply never occurs to him that an overreaching government is why they are struggling.
Those voices in your head will be the death of you.
hop singh

United States

#753976 Sep 26, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>hogwash, here's the truth:

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows both President Obama and Mitt Romney attracting support from 46% of voters nationwide. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. See daily tracking history.

When “leaners” are included, it’s Romney 48% and Obama 46%. Leaners are those who are initially uncommitted to the two leading candidates but lean towards one of them when asked a follow-up question. Beginning October 1, Rasmussen Reports will be basing its daily updates solely upon the results including leaners.
OK DICK (head) MORRIS, nice move there, buddy!

You are a complete nutcase. All of you are. Can't you wrap it around your tiny pin heads that Romney is the worst possible candidate your party could offer up??? Well, considering the rest of the whacks during the primary, I guess he was...

Umm, face it. YOU LOSE!
Never mind...

Lessee....which show to watch...comedy central or Fox News?
hop singh

United States

#753977 Sep 26, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>hop singh. Go Washee Clozee and stfu.

A still tongue makes a wise head.

Especially in your case.

Go light on the starch, please.
And your tongue in my ass I'd rather not, but I see what you did there...
LibSmasher

Rochester, MN

#753978 Sep 26, 2012
Mitt Romney our next President
carol

Orlando, FL

#753980 Sep 26, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t follow Chicago politics, but I understand it has a long history of corruption compared to most other locations. I also understand the role that political corruption plays in achieving political power. Politics is indeed a messy business.
As you may know, it is my policy not accept homework assignments to research topics online per others’ commands, but I’m always open to reading any factual information, even personal opinions, that you might more conveniently offer.
Be glad to. Just not tonight. It's getting late.

But you are exactly right that Chicago is notoriously one of the most, if not the most, corrput cities politically in the nation, and a bunch of them followed Obama to the White House.

Did you know Obama won three different elections in Illinois unchallenged because all three of his opponent's for each election were mysteriously accused of some kind of scandal and had to drop out?

Doesn't that seem little odd to you too?
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#753981 Sep 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
redacted to save space
“Government-run anything is a big mistake. Government-run health care is a HUGE mistake. That's all there is to it.”
Whatever do you mean? Please be specific.(I believe you’re completely wrong about that.)

“Most small businesses will drop their employees medical benefits like hot potatoes. The number of people added to the government medical insurance program will be astronomical.”
If everyone were covered by single-payer Medicare, employers and employees could pay smaller contributions. The number of people covered by such government medical insurance program would be everyone.

“Who is going to pay for all those people plus the millions of uninsured who will also be covered by the new government insurance company?”
That would be us, of course. Insurance companies don’t pay for our health benefits, we do.

“Is it really the federal government's job to get into the health care business?”
Yes, I believe it is. Actually, it’s/we’re already in the health care business. How could we better provide health care as a society? The single-payer Medicare-for-everyone plan would just be more cost-effective than continuing to pay private insurance companies’ profits just to administer our money.
carol

Orlando, FL

#753983 Sep 26, 2012
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
We disagree about what constitutes wisdom — and reality.
You have to have a little wisdom first and common sense would be helpful.

Point out to me the press conferences in the past six months where Obama took the tough questions.

You won't find any. But he did go on Letterman, Entertainment Tonight, a hip-hop radio station in Miami and The View in the past few weeks and answered their questions.

That's reality.
carol

Orlando, FL

#753984 Sep 26, 2012
New Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Those voices in your head will be the death of you.
Nope heard it with my own ears. It was definitely Obama's voice and was clearly documented.

Maybe I can dig it up somewhere tomorrow.
New Carol

Chicago, IL

#753985 Sep 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope heard it with my own ears. It was definitely Obama's voice and was clearly documented.
Maybe I can dig it up somewhere tomorrow.
Say goodbye Old Carol. Consider this an early Christmas present.
You do remember last Christmas don't you?

You Godless piece of shit.
LibSmasher

Rochester, MN

#753986 Sep 26, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voter ID Laws Could Disenfranchise 1 Million Yo... (Sep '12) 5 min Reymundo Mejia Gu... 12
Why did the democrats shut down the government 7 min Ugly monkeys 2
Inferior black male loses UFC Heavyweight shot. 12 min Sarah 2nd Grade 18
Why does nothing ever work for Negroes? 15 min Reid 31
Democrats decide that illegal immigrants are mo... 26 min Cant Escape DESTINY 39
My DADDY SAYS that N(EYE)GGERS DON'T TIP 32 min Sarah 2nd Grade 1
Blacks And Tipping 33 min Sarah 2nd Grade 22
Racist White People on MLK Day. 6 hr Cant Escape DESTINY 139
WHITE FOLKS: YOU need to know what King Knew! 6 hr Cant Escape DESTINY 165
Bets on how long shutdown will last... 7 hr Yisraelite Suprem... 35
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 9 hr Harrisson 911
More from around the web