Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564873 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

#705933 Aug 9, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
At least CNN has a conscience...
CNN blew the whistle on a nasty and misleading Obama super PAC ad that ABC, CBS, and NBC entirely ignored as of Wednesday night.
CNN hammered the ad, which links Mitt Romney to a woman's death from cancer, each hour from 6 p.m. through 10 p.m. and twice grilled the [dirty rat] responsible for the ad, Bill Burton of Priorities USA.
He's the thing.

Yes the guys wife got a job that provided her with insurance. He lost that job & insurance later.

As you right wingers scramble to protect your candidate, the job killer, Romney, you miss the point.

If that plant had not closed, the man's wife would likely have been insured. She might have gone to the doctor years before since their financial situation would have been better & that cancer might have been found earlier.

Romney made millions while changing the life paths of thousands of people.

Did he care? Nope.

That's the point of the Ad.

I like the ad. It hits Romney exactly where he deserves to be hit.

Romney made millions for himself & his investors. He was good at it. But in that wake are thousands of families who were affected by his actions. Those people were of no concern to Mitt Romney.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JEB

United States

#705934 Aug 9, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
All that being said; and I am not disagreeing with you that it's not that hard to prevent pregnancy; you (meaning all taxpayers) will pay for the raising of that child in fostercare till he/she is 18. If that person becomes involved in the criminal justice system and is incarcerated, you will pay for that as well.
Prevention is cheaper. Think about it.
You can't legislate behavior, there will always be stupid people. The government can reduce costs by offering free birth control and abortions, a small investment in the long run. Think about it.
Find abortion a tragedy but do not wish it controlled
by priests or republican house chairmen.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#705935 Aug 9, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He ain't too good on cookies either, or loving to fire people. He speaks before he thinks which most politicians (and topix posters) do but unlike the better politicians Romney doesn't recover quickly if ever. Poor guy has an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other and he's trying to play to each of them.
McCain and the RNC rated him below Palin, Crist and a couple of other bozos as a VP. That's probably not a good thing.
Good point, McCain picked Palin over Romney.

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#705937 Aug 9, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney's tax returns? So what? Who cares?
Caroline Kennedy Calls Obama “A Liar http://goo.gl/Q9z7t #women #woman #boston #nyc @cnn @cbsnews @cbs @npr
What a bunch of BS...unnamed sources, in a bogus book funded by the half-Kochs: "Recall that Caroline Kennedy was a very prominent supporter of Barack Obama in his 2008 campaign, going so far as to write in the New York Times,“I have never had a president who inspired me the way people tell me that my father inspire them. But for the first time, I believe I have found the man who could be that president – not just for me, but for a new generation of Americans.”

Klein’s alleges those sentiments have changed dramatically since 2008."
loulee rat mouth fl

Stratford, CT

#705938 Aug 9, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
All that being said; and I am not disagreeing with you that it's not that hard to prevent pregnancy; you (meaning all taxpayers) will pay for the raising of that child in fostercare till he/she is 18. If that person becomes involved in the criminal justice system and is incarcerated, you will pay for that as well.
Prevention is cheaper. Think about it.
You can't legislate behavior, there will always be stupid people. The government can reduce costs by offering free birth control and abortions, a small investment in the long run. Think about it.
lily cringes at the thought of her liquor money supporting her illegitimate grandbabies.

Level 1

Fayetteville, PA

#705939 Aug 9, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
How many GM employees and their family members died because of Obama?
Auto-Bailout Casualties
The Obama administration insisted on closing too many dealerships.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/313125...
Without Obama's actions, they were on the path to doom. GM would have gone under & may not have recovered.

Obama saved a sinking ship. Not all were rescued but many were.

Romney sunk his ship & didn't try to look for survivors.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RealStupid

United States

#705940 Aug 9, 2012
JEB wrote:
George W Bush expanded Medicare to include prescription drugs coverage.
Gee - thanks for the news flash, genius.
Realtime

Cocoa Beach, FL

#705941 Aug 9, 2012
JEB wrote:
George W Bush expanded Medicare to include prescription drugs coverage.
Medicare part D, priceless__really, no one knows what that sht cost the American taxpayers yet. A lot!

Unfunded too, just like the war in Iraq.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LibTard

United States

#705942 Aug 9, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
How many GM employees and their family members died because of Obama?
Auto-Bailout Casualties
The Obama administration insisted on closing too many dealerships.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/313125...
How many Border Patrol Agents died because of Obama?

How many soldiers died because of Obama?

How many people were duped by Obama?

Level 2

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#705943 Aug 9, 2012
still the same wrote:
<quoted text>If Romney passed out shite sandwiches ODUMER would be on line because survey says,,,,,,,,,,he is full of shyte so he has to continue to resupply aaaaaahhhhh i feel better now
Good. Have another sandwich. Your guys got plenty for all you dittoheads. Help yourself to another! Bon appetit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 5

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#705944 Aug 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the thing.
Yes the guys wife got a job that provided her with insurance. He lost that job & insurance later.
As you right wingers scramble to protect your candidate, the job killer, Romney, you miss the point.
If that plant had not closed, the man's wife would likely have been insured. She might have gone to the doctor years before since their financial situation would have been better & that cancer might have been found earlier.
Romney made millions while changing the life paths of thousands of people.
Did he care? Nope.
That's the point of the Ad.
I like the ad. It hits Romney exactly where he deserves to be hit.
Romney made millions for himself & his investors. He was good at it. But in that wake are thousands of families who were affected by his actions. Those people were of no concern to Mitt Romney.
But, as R'Money's spokeswoman said, if the couple had resided in Massachusetts during that time they would have had insurance under Romneycare...Oopsie, not supposed to mention that one...day ONE as pres, Mittens will put an end to it.

Unless you reich-wingers ran the Palin reality clan for POTUS, I don't see how you could have come up with a less attractive candidate.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#705945 Aug 9, 2012
When Obama said Romney was conducting outsourcing, give specifics and name cases and state all facts. Are GM , Ford Motors, Walmart, Macdonald, Hilton Hotels and others and so on doing bigger outsourcing as private companies, or if they are in trouble,would you bail them out?

But US government buying from foreign country, especially from China by not buying American, is a direct responsibility of the President deliberately paying for outsourcing.

Give specifics, true pictures and other data of how bin Laden was done with, to demonstrate the capability of a real commander in chief then.

Give specifics, true data and accurate information of how the economy is better off with huge debts and a large unemployment for last few years.

Give specifics and all true facts whenever Obama said he had accomplished something even they were really not done by him.

Name one single thing that is standing out or outstanding that Obama has done,with facts and evidences.

What is so great ABOUT IRAQ THAT OBAMA said he had done by proclaiming Bush mission was accomplished?

Because he meant that he was wrapping up finishing the left out business of Bush, which was supposed to be ending that way any way by Bush.

Name something which would be remarkable in Afghanistan, Libya, North Korea, Egypt, Middle East, China and Europe that Obama would claim he had been doing something striking.
dem

Chicago, IL

#705946 Aug 9, 2012
SHOOTYOURSELF wrote:
<quoted text>and why did you think it was needed to post your reply to me ? It was way off base, as I was not saying anything about anyone or any characteristic that I Despise ..... DUH most of your posts are realatively accurate in your assesments...

In my post to which you sent the above reply The only thing I said was I was surprised the KKK had not endorsed Obama due to all the damage he has caused blacks

I did not say or infer I despised Obama,
I did not say or infer I despised Blacks,
I did not say or infer I despise the KKK,
I did not say or infer I endorse the KKK.

So where do you get that I am saying I despise some certain Characteristic in others ?

The only thing I was inferring was that Obama has Failed Blacks even more than other groups.....

So you want to tell me which characteristic I was supposedly saying I hated in others that I also have ?

Perhaps next time you should not read so very much into someones post.......
you are usually more level headed than that.
Quit your crying, birther fktard.

Level 2

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#705947 Aug 9, 2012
Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's the economy, stupid (Jean)."
Elmer Fudd would have lower unemployment and a stronger economy than Obama by sitting in the White House and keeping his mouth shut.
Poor Floriduh. Every day the same.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Vuvuzela 10 hours
How long can you blow me?
dem

Chicago, IL

#705948 Aug 9, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
At least CNN has a conscience...

CNN blew the whistle on a nasty and misleading Obama super PAC ad that ABC, CBS, and NBC entirely ignored as of Wednesday night.

CNN hammered the ad, which links Mitt Romney to a woman's death from cancer, each hour from 6 p.m. through 10 p.m. and twice grilled the [dirty rat] responsible for the ad, Bill Burton of Priorities USA.
if only fox news were as fair and balanced.
dem

Chicago, IL

#705949 Aug 9, 2012
still the same wrote:
<quoted text>If Romney passed out shite sandwiches ODUMER would be on line because survey says,,,,,,,,,,he is full of shyte so he has to continue to resupply aaaaaahhhhh i feel better now
nostrilfuckface for sure
Realtime

Cocoa Beach, FL

#705950 Aug 9, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Good point, McCain picked Palin over Romney.
Yep, she and Todd had that one tax form prepared by H&R Block and the Mittster had two tractor trailer loads of mislabeled boxes.

Lazy?

You betcha!
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#705951 Aug 9, 2012
When Obama said Romney was conducting outsourcing, give specifics and name cases and state all facts. Are GM , Ford Motors, Walmart, Macdonald, Hilton Hotels and others and so on doing bigger outsourcing as private companies, or if they are in trouble,would you bail them out?

But US government buying from foreign country, especially from China by not buying American, is a direct responsibility of the President deliberately paying for outsourcing.

Give specifics, true pictures and other data of how bin Laden was done with, to demonstrate the capability of a real commander in chief then.

Give specifics, true data and accurate information of how the economy is better off with huge debts and a large unemployment for last few years.

Give specifics and all true facts whenever Obama said he had accomplished something even they were really not done by him.

Name one single thing that is standing out or outstanding that Obama has done,with facts and evidences.

What is so great ABOUT IRAQ THAT OBAMA said he had done by proclaiming Bush mission was accomplished?

Because he meant that he was wrapping up finishing the left out business of Bush, which was supposed to be ending that way anyway by Bush about Iraq.

Name something which would be remarkable in Afghanistan, Libya, North Korea, Egypt, Middle East, China and Europe that Obama would claim he had been doing something striking.

Level 1

Fayetteville, PA

#705952 Aug 9, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is invalid and here is why:
It is a well known fact that Iran is directly responsible for state sponsored terrorism.
The rockets that fall on Israel don't come from Palestine or from Lebanon. They come from Iran. Iran has constistantly demonstrated a propensity to arm terrorist groups all over the globe. You think they will create a new set of rulesfor their own behavior once they are a nuclear capable country?
I think not. You are right it isn't guns that kill people, people kill people. Nucs don't kill people either. It is the people that use them that kill people.
To date the only country in the entire world who has actually killed someone with a nuclear weapon is the good old United States of America. We just happened to be a long nasty war with a Pacific powerhouse called Japan. I might just pause and point out that it was a democrat who made the decision to drop the bomb on Japan.
If you think Iran won't use them you are truly an idiot.
Iran is like the gun dealer. Are you saying that if a gun is used in a crime then that the dealer that sold it is responsible?

You are blaming Iran for selling weapons. Should we be finding out who sold that skinhead his gun?

I use this Iran/nuke thing to point out the hypocrisy of the right. You have no problem controlling nuclear weapons as a way to prevent someone from using them yet you claim it doesn't work with guns.
LibTard

United States

#705953 Aug 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Without Obama's actions, they were on the path to doom. GM would have gone under & may not have recovered.
Obama saved a sinking ship. Not all were rescued but many were.
Romney sunk his ship & didn't try to look for survivors.
All's Obama accomplished was keeping a bad company in business, beholden to UNIONS!

We should have let them deal with bankruptcy like Obama is trying to do to the USA now. Instead, now we still have a crapy GM.

I don't care about what Romney did with his money, but I'm outraged about what Obama is doing with my tax dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BM: Is this the only thing you can offer a woma... 1 min Got_Rope 1
more white men should become cuckold (Jul '14) 2 min Jrutt 252
Black "Viking" wins world Strongest Man contest! 3 min Yisraelite Suprem... 21
Women: What is more important to you? 6 min Yisraelite Suprem... 3
Black women who fantasize about being a slave f... 8 min Rich stars of the... 20
Hahaha: Black Israelites the ultimate scum of t... 8 min Yisraelite Suprem... 3
Whites On The Retreat 8 min The Thoughtful Axe 5
Can Blacks Be Impartial And Trusted Enough To ... 1 hr Y do whites wrink... 69
Dan Snow: OJ is still so handsome. 1 hr MUH DIK 40
Why Are White People So Obsessed with O.J. Simp... 3 hr The Laughing Axe 121
Should We Consider Segregating Schools Again? 3 hr Cigar Face 26 123
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 4 hr Dudley 817
More from around the web