Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509842 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LRS

Shreveport, LA

#692180 Jul 22, 2012
The Day the Earth Stood Still.........classic! I remember watching it at a cousin's house in Tulsa. We were scared to death of that robot. What was his name? Started with a K I think. Out for a bit...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Bronx, NY

#692181 Jul 22, 2012
LRS wrote:
The Day the Earth Stood Still.........classic! I remember watching it at a cousin's house in Tulsa. We were scared to death of that robot. What was his name? Started with a K I think. Out for a bit...
It's a cookbook!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Tampa, FL

#692182 Jul 22, 2012
LRS wrote:
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#692183 Jul 22, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't see anyone changing their mind...even though I try...and I try...and I try...
...and I must say it's sometimes pretty darn frustrating.
But what can I do? Besides keep trying...and trying...and trying?
Yes keep trying. They must understand what they are doing to this great country.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#692184 Jul 22, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The truth could end up being that he was simply a deeply disturbed person who had either just started a new drug therapy or had recently decided to stop taking meds when he shouldn't have. In the photo that I saw of him his eyes looked like he'd been taking some sort of drug.
Agreed. Recall how the Liberal media did its best(along with Liberal politicians)to blame Conservative Talk Radio for Jared Loughner's shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Even the Kenyan Snake tried.

It's all happening again with subtle tones this time. They are going to blame the 2nd Amendment, gun laws, gun stores, militia people, online ammunition purchases, Rush Limbaugh, blah, blah, blah.

I'm surprised the Kenyan Snake hasn't yet sent Racist Holder down there to "investigate" again. Why doesn't he send Racist Holder down to Mexico to investigate the deaths resulting from Fast & Furious? Better, yet, as an election ploy, why doesn't the Kenyan Snake visit the families of the Mexican deceased of Fast & Furious?
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#692185 Jul 22, 2012
That's why her performance in Eastwood's Directed "The Bridges Of Madison County" WAS so awesome. All of her "pretentiously annoying" < which is a matter of opinion > had no place in Eastwood's vision for the leading lady role.
She was also excellent in Sophie's Choice.
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
fred saw Streep in the 70s when she was at the Yale Rep theater.
She was as pretentiously annoying then as she is now.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#692186 Jul 22, 2012
LRS wrote:
Klaatu was the alien visitor(no Green Card) and Gort was the Robot's name. Remember Klaatu's instructions to Gort? ""Klaatu barada nikto".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Bronx, NY

#692187 Jul 22, 2012
new yawk wrote:
That's why her performance in Eastwood's Directed "The Bridges Of Madison County" WAS so awesome. All of her "pretentiously annoying" < which is a matter of opinion > had no place in Eastwood's vision for the leading lady role.
<quoted text>
Bridges was Streep at her most annoying cloying nails on the blackboard. Too bad she survived the fiasco. Italian? Really?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rush is right

Miami, FL

#692188 Jul 22, 2012
mtkjim wrote:
Advice for liberal democrats:
Please take a breath, study facts and seek only the truth. You are blinded by ideology and don't care about facts. I have been reading this subject back several days, you guys get caught in lies then switch subject and move on. Do you not care about the truth? Will you do or say anything to accomplish your goals? What is your agenda? This is scary stuff.
Advice for liberal democrats:
Please hold your breath,(an hour or so), study facts and seek only the truth. You are blinded by ideology and don't care about facts. I have been reading this subject back several days, you guys get caught in lies then switch subject and move on. Do you not care about the truth? Will you do or say anything to accomplish your goals? I know what your agenda is. It is the destruction of our country. This is scary stuff.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#692189 Jul 22, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes keep trying. They must understand what they are doing to this great country.
agreed. If anything, folks like carol can look themselves in the mirror each morning without shame unlike many Liberals. All that it takes for Evil to succeed is for good men(and women) to do nothing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#692190 Jul 22, 2012
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Streep is awesomely talented.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#692191 Jul 22, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack Nicholson has gotten better over the years as far as I'm concerned. He was hilarious in both those movies and rightfully deserved his Oscar for Best Actor in As Good as It Gets.
All celebrities in Hollyweird are off the wall...with few exceptions. They're only job is to entertain us.
Their only job is to entertain us. True. But they get extremely stupid and irritating when trying to instruct us socially and politically. I view Hollyweird as an overflowing Chamber Pot most of the time.

Level 4

Lapeer, MI

#692192 Jul 22, 2012
antb wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the happiest place on earth....
;)
Yep. Between two fat cheeks.

“fairtax.org”

Level 8

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#692193 Jul 22, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with that. It is easy to basically play the same role in different movies and have people call you great. To play completely divergent roles is the mark of a true actor. Ann Hathaway, I think, well end up in that category as well.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#692194 Jul 22, 2012
I thought she very much captured the nuances, attitude, mannerisms and accent of an Italian Woman very well. Alot of actresses could have been considered for that part. But, obviously she auditioned well and clinched it.

Streep received an Academy Award for Best Actress nomination in 1996 for her performance in the film.

So, we'll agree to disagree.

PS Why do you speak of your in the third person?
Just curious because it is rather strange.
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Bridges was Streep at her most annoying cloying nails on the blackboard. Too bad she survived the fiasco. Italian? Really?
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#692195 Jul 22, 2012
And versatile.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Joey Sanchez

AOL

#692196 Jul 22, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Klaatu was the alien visitor(no Green Card) and Gort was the Robot's name. Remember Klaatu's instructions to Gort? ""Klaatu barada nikto".
Wow.........Memories... I loved the original with Patricia Neal and Michael Renny.
fred

Bronx, NY

#692197 Jul 22, 2012
new yawk wrote:
I thought she very much captured the nuances, attitude, mannerisms and accent of an Italian Woman very well. Alot of actresses could have been considered for that part. But, obviously she auditioned well and clinched it.
Streep received an Academy Award for Best Actress nomination in 1996 for her performance in the film.
So, we'll agree to disagree.
PS Why do you speak of your in the third person?
Just curious because it is rather strange.
<quoted text>
Posting in the first person is boring. Saying I, my, me is egotistical.

Streep is boring

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#692198 Jul 22, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Though not one for chick flicks, have to admit The Bridges Of Madison County with Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood ... Heartbreaker. Love does not always live happily ever after.
Streep's performance was awesome.
Must mean I'm a romanticist < after all >.:)
<quoted text>
That was a pretty good movie. Even though she was cheating on her husband. But she did the right thing in the end...even if it meant an act of unselfishness.

Thought Streep's best performance was Sofie's Choice...but I can't watch it again. I was too depressed after seeing it the first time.
fred

Bronx, NY

#692199 Jul 22, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I can agree with that. It is easy to basically play the same role in different movies and have people call you great. To play completely divergent roles is the mark of a true actor. Ann Hathaway, I think, well end up in that category as well.
Streep has played the same character in every movie with bad foreign accents. She's very limited and grossly overrated. Ya know like the Kenyan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DIA plans multimillion dollar investment in Afr... (Jul '16) 25 min Mikeymike116 2
Trump admit he hates white people and say he's ... 1 hr melissa__ 18
Las Vegas RAIDERS!!!!! 1 hr Oh No You Di-nt 6
Diversity! 1 hr Oh No You Di-nt 1
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 3 hr Ben 2,115
Short rappers vs tall rappers 3 hr Justsaying 3
News Santa Fe officer calls city 'most racist place ... (Jul '16) 3 hr The ACQUITTED Axe 21
Blacks and Tipping 5 hr Charlie 54
White men are the solution for the single black... 5 hr IT IS I 174
I'm a married white women having sex with Black... (Jun '10) 8 hr misfit 0676 205
News Rolly: Black is beautiful, as long as you're a ... 9 hr Spotted Girl 35
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 11 hr George Carden 1,441
More from around the web