“American Gymnosophist”

Level 5

Since: Jan 11

Estados Unidos

#87 Jan 25, 2014
Zanoni012414 wrote:
So they merely identify as AA when in reality they are not.
No they ARE.
Zanoni012414 wrote:
We can simply call them wanna-bies, as in, they wanna-be AA but are not.
They are. They are not fakes.
Zanoni012414 wrote:
But anyway, getting back to your post. If I'm correct, and I believe I am, AA stands for African-American. The definition of African-American is: someone whose ancestry is African but is now a US citizen, usually by birth.
Actually, AA referred to those who were of African descent and whose ancestors were brought to the New World as slaves. However, there are AAs like Barack Obama whose part black but his father was an African and shared not in the experience of black Americans whose ancestors were slaves.
Zanoni012414 wrote:
Mexican-Americans are Mexican by birth or from ancestry, but are US citizens. Correct?
Mexicans are Americans whether they are U.S. citizens or not.
Zanoni012414 wrote:
So, how can someone with no African ancestry be an AA? It's not possible.
Amalgamation.
Zanoni012414 wrote:
They may be wanna-bies, but that's it. Without African ancestry they are not AA.
They certainly are and history will show that they have been. Pick up a book.
Zanoni012514

Oakland, CA

#88 Jan 25, 2014
Anna wrote:
Our president Barrack Obama, is biracial. Did you know that Sassykaat?
His mother is white and his father is African.

For this reason people erroneously refer to him as black, when in reality he is mulatto.
Zanoni012514

Oakland, CA

#89 Jan 25, 2014
Mulatre wrote:
<quoted text>
No they ARE.
<quoted text>
They are. They are not fakes.
<quoted text>
Actually, AA referred to those who were of African descent and whose ancestors were brought to the New World as slaves. However, there are AAs like Barack Obama whose part black but his father was an African and shared not in the experience of black Americans whose ancestors were slaves.
<quoted text>
Mexicans are Americans whether they are U.S. citizens or not.
<quoted text>
Amalgamation.
<quoted text>
They certainly are and history will show that they have been. Pick up a book.
1. Explain how they can be AA without having some black. Did you miss my prior post? Mestizo is a Spanish term. The exact definition for Mestizo is someone with a white and an Amerindian parent. Or at least a mix of white and Amerindian, nothing else. So how can they be AA if they have no black? The first "A" in "AA" is "African," not Amerindian.

2. Once again how can they not be fakes?

3. As I said in the previous post, Barack Obama is Mulatto, not Black. Here in the US people with any degree of black are considered black. In Latin America, white & black makes a person Mulatto, not black. Mulatto by the way is a term coined up by the Spanish, it's their definition that counts and no one else's.

4. I know that Mexicans are Americans whether they are US citizens are not. I've gone over this many times on other threads. Anyone born in the Americas, north, south, or central America is American. People from the US are Norteamericanos (North Americans) or Estadonidenses (United Staters.)

5. Amalgamation? You're partially correct. Amalgamation with blacks. Did I not say this already? If you have no black in you, you're not AA.

6. I've picked up many books. Possibly more books than you've seen.

In any case, here are some links for you to review.

These links give the definitions of Mestizo.
http://www.bellavistaranch.net/genealogy/cast...
http://negrodocumentary.com/castasystem

Here's a search results page with links defining AA. Review it carefully and then correct yourself.
https://www.google.com/search...

“American Gymnosophist”

Level 5

Estados Unidos

#90 Jan 26, 2014
Zanoni012514 wrote:
1. Explain how they can be AA without having some black. Did you miss my prior post?
No I did not miss it although YOU seem to have missed mine. I gave you 2 examples why. One is amalgamation, and the other being Barack Obama, who in the normal sense would not be AA because he does not share in the AA experience of descendants who were brought to the New World as slaves. Yet he is considered AA, just as those who are not even of African descent are as well, by way of amalgamation.
Zanoni012514 wrote:
Mestizo is a Spanish term.
I speak Spanish and Latin. I don't need a lesson in this.
Zanoni012514 wrote:
So how can they be AA if they have no black? The first "A" in "AA" is "African," not Amerindian.
See above. Also if you want to go AA is African you will note not all Africans are black either. There are for instance Arab, white, and mixed Africans.
Zanoni012514 wrote:
2. Once again how can they not be fakes?
See above.
Zanoni012514 wrote:
3. As I said in the previous post, Barack Obama is Mulatto, not Black.
Okay....
Zanoni012514 wrote:
Here in the US people with any degree of black are considered black.
See Loving v. Virginia [1967].
Zanoni012514 wrote:
In Latin America, white & black makes a person Mulatto, not black.
That's the same everywhere. Although Mulatto has been used for other than the basic meaning of a black/white bi-racial. Mulatto has been used for Zambos, and other mixed people in the U.S. for example.
Zanoni012514 wrote:
Mulatto by the way is a term coined up by the Spanish, it's their definition that counts and no one else's.
It's actually not their definition and has a history that goes further back. What I do know is that muwalladun [half-blood] is the source of muladi [Portuguese/Castillian] which is pre-10th century and the maulat & malado forms were used. Muwallad becoming romanticized evolved into mulato.
Zanoni012514 wrote:
4. I know that Mexicans are Americans whether they are US citizens are not. I've gone over this many times on other threads.
That may be so but in this thread you said, " Mexican-Americans are Mexican by birth or from ancestry, but are US citizens. Correct?" which is not saying that Mexicans are Americans whether they are U.S. citizens or not. This statement of yours is "Mexican American = U.S. citizen". I said Mexican Americans don't have to be U.S. citizens. Your statement does not say that at all.
Zanoni012514 wrote:
5. Amalgamation? You're partially correct. Amalgamation with blacks. Did I not say this already? If you have no black in you, you're not AA.
No you did not say this because you do not even agree with me that there are mestizos who are AA. I am not talking about people having to being part black when I used amalgamation. I'm talking about being amalgamated into the AA group.
Zanoni012514 wrote:
6. I've picked up many books. Possibly more books than you've seen.
And what do those books tell you?

“American Gymnosophist”

Level 5

Estados Unidos

#91 Jan 26, 2014
QBB wrote:
Black Americans are bi-racial, tri-racial, and any-other-combination of "racial" that exists. Silly thread.
Or not, and if they are they are NOT black.

“SASSYANDTRASHY”

Since: Jan 14

IS A WHITE WOMAN!!!

#92 Jan 26, 2014
Mulatre wrote:
<quoted text>
Or not, and if they are they are NOT black.
then what youre saying is that African americans dont exist! We are a legitimate group of africans,"mulatre". We have very mixed ancestry.my mother had cancer last year,and the doctor said that the gene was introduced into my family thru one greek guy.the gene originated in greece.this was wierd for me,because at the time,I was dating a greek guy.im sure I have more than just greek ancestry,but I obviously have more african DNA than anything else.

YOU,on the other hand, are in no way black,and barely even partly.you have one white parent,and your black parent is probably of 20-25% European ancestry him/herself.you may have 30-35% african dna,but no more.

You should be on a white forum arguing genetics.not here.

“just being me”

Level 4

Since: Dec 08

Odessa, TX

#93 Jan 26, 2014
ImKevin wrote:
~ I'm white and black and I grew up with only a mother whose white(The father is black but he visits me sometimes to check on me and my mom even though they both are separated) I've been given lots of dirty talks by pure blacks because I'm white and black . My mother said
"Don't listen to them, you're different and a very unique boy, and it's because of you being different and unique that they hate about you, being special is a good thing"
I don't hate black people, I have some black friends who we like to talk about girls and chill after school . But , they to don't consider me black. Why ? my skin tone is olive that shows that I have a black relative, I have very curly hair which I think africans have as well, its just a different type of curly.
I show both white and black features but why are blacks so hateful towards the mixed race kids ? what did we ever do to them to be so hateful?
I've called a half breed sometimes or they would only classify me as white .
Thanks for reading
~ Kevin
not every black person dislike biracial people. maybe some out there but certainly not all. i don't. i have nothing against biracial. i have a lot of biracial friends.

where i live if you are half black, or even mixed with some kind of black you are considered black. which i think most of society will see you as black which there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. but in all you can't be worried about what those others are saying about you that's negative. so what, your biracial...that's one thing that makes the world interesting
Zanoni012614

Oakland, CA

#94 Jan 26, 2014
Mulatre wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah...
1. You speak Spanish and Latin but your reading comprehension sucks. There are many people in the world who can speak their native language and cannot read nor write. It's called illiteracy. So much for you Spanish/Latin, you still haven't grasped the definition of Mestizo.

2. I'm aware that not all Africans are black. The debate here isn't whether there can be or not be white or other colored Africans. The debate here is that "Mestizos" are European/Amerindian only! Not White African and Amerindian, not Brown African and Amerindian. Not any other colored African and Amerindian. Mestizos are European and Amerindian only. Iberian to be more specific. Iberian is Spanish or Portuguese. Neither Spain nor Portugal are in Africa.

3. I don't care about Loving vs. Virginia. Ask any half white/half black person how they identify, they will undoubtedly say "black" or "mixed" at best. They will not say white.

4. The history of Mulato doesn't interest me. The accepted definition of Mulato is a white and black mix. The Spanish brought that definition to this hemisphere, that's the definition we use here.

5. "...Mexican-Americans are Mexican by birth or from ancestry, but are US citizens. Correct?" which is not saying that Mexicans are Americans whether they are U.S. citizens or not...blah, blah, blah..." It's a deep subject for a shallow mind.

6. When I use the term AA, I'm using the term as understood here in the US. Even though a white born in Africa, who becomes a US citizen can technically be an AA, he will almost certainly identify as white, not AA. Here in the states AA means "black!" Even if light skinned, if you have black, you'll most certainly identify as black. A white from South Africa will identify as white, or white African at best. Not AA, and you know this. So stop playing stupid. You know exactly what is meant.

Getting back tot he main debate we were having, Mestizos are European (Spanish and Portuguese) and Amerindian. Not African and Amerindian, not Asian and Amerindian, not ANYTHING ELSE and Amerindian. Why's so difficult to understand?

I don't think it's that difficult to understand, it's just that you were proven wrong and are now tap-dancing around the topic.

You're like a neglected child who feels that negative attention is better than no attention. Well, my attention is too valuable, I'm not giving it to you anymore. Go look in the mirror and debate with yourself.

“American Gymnosophist”

Level 5

Estados Unidos

#95 Jan 27, 2014
Zanoni012614 wrote:
There are many people in the world who can speak their native language and cannot read nor write. It's called illiteracy.
You're bringing up illiteracy why? In reference to me? If I am illiterate do you believe I have someone dictating what is being written to you in my posts?
Zanoni012614 wrote:
So much for you Spanish/Latin, you still haven't grasped the definition of Mestizo.
What did I say of Mestizos? I want you to pull out all the quotes where I said Mestizos are not white/Amerindian bi-racials.
Zanoni012614 wrote:
The debate here is that "Mestizos" are European/Amerindian only!
That's not the debate at all because I'm certainly not debating it. I do not disagree that Mestizos are white/Amerindian. You have somehow come to the assumption that I said otherwise.

When I said Mestizos can also be AA I did not mean that Mestizos are part black. However, when I told you this before you said "We can simply call them wanna-bies" to which I said that is false because you do not even need to be part black to be AA.
Zanoni012614 wrote:
I don't care about Loving vs. Virginia.
Obviously you don't.
Zanoni012614 wrote:
The history of Mulato doesn't interest me. The accepted definition of Mulato is a white and black mix.
But you said it belongs to the Spanish as if you were an authority on the matter. You do realize that words can be borrowed, and their definitions grown over time correct? This is why I told you a little something about it's origins and then told you how in the U.S. it has been used to refer to other mixed people.
Zanoni012614 wrote:
blah, blah, blah..." It's a deep subject for a shallow mind.
Apparently you cannot write what you mean. What you said means that Mexican Americans are U.S. citizens. I told you being Mexican American does not have to come with U.S. citizenship. You said, "Mexican-Americans are Mexican by birth or from ancestry, but are US citizens. Correct?" Thus, Mexican by birth, BUT U.S. citizens. This is what YOU said a Mexican American was.
Zanoni012614 wrote:
Here in the states AA means "black!"
No it doesn't and certainly it does not in practice.
Zanoni012614 wrote:
A white from South Africa will identify as white, or white African at best. Not AA, and you know this.
I never said this. Again you are lost as you what I mean. You have been using AA as a race as in, "Here in the states AA means 'black!'" and I told you "not all Africans are black either. There are for instance Arab, white, and mixed Africans". My point was that the AA ethnic group like the African title has various races who identify as such. In other words not all AAs are black, and not all Africans are black. I would not even be surprised if black Africans did not identify with the AA ethnic group.
Zanoni012614 wrote:
So stop playing stupid. You know exactly what is meant.
I'd tell you not to catch feelings, but you're mad. I suppose you're frustrated because you are confusing yourself. You think you're having an argument with me about the meaning of Mestizo when I never disagreed with you about its meaning.
Zanoni012614 wrote:
Not African and Amerindian, not Asian and Amerindian, not ANYTHING ELSE and Amerindian. Why's so difficult to understand?
Show me saying that Mestizo was Zambo, or not a white/Amerindian bi-racial. Where's the quote. I'm waiting. You keep saying that I say Mestizo is not a white/Amerindian bi-racial. I even said to you after you lied about me saying otherwise, "I know that Mestizos are not part black."
Zanoni012614 wrote:
You're like a neglected child who feels that negative attention is better than no attention. Well, my attention is too valuable, I'm not giving it to you anymore. Go look in the mirror and debate with yourself.
If you hold yourself in such high regard I suggest you take a look in that mirror. ;)

“American Gymnosophist”

Level 5

Estados Unidos

#96 Jan 27, 2014
Sassykaat wrote:
<quoted text> then what youre saying is that African americans dont exist!
Nope, that's what you're attributing to me. I just said that if someone is bi-racial [being part black] that does not make them black.

When I said "Or not" following the quoted portion of the text, it was me saying that there are black Americans [since the quoted text read: "Black Americans are bi-racial, tri-racial, and any-other-combination of "racial" that exists."]. Thus "Or not..." being not bi or tri-racial.

Otherwise they are not black [if they are bi and tri-racial, hence me saying "and if they are they are NOT black"] it they are bi and tri racial. Read the quote, then my response to it.
Zanoni012714

Oakland, CA

#97 Jan 27, 2014
Mulatre has proven him/herself incompetent in defining people. I'll leave this to the rest of the readers to decide who's right or wrong.

1. Mestizo is Spanish and Amerindian.

2. Mulato is Spanish and Negro (black).

3. Zambo is Negro (black) and Amerindian.

These terms were implemented and used by the Spanish, both the crown and the church, to define people of mixed backgrounds.

The definition of Mestizo being Spanish (White European) and Amerindian means they cannot have any Negro (black.) As soon as another race is added the individual is no longer Mestizo.

White, Amerindian, and Negro is Pardo. No longer Mestizo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casta

Therefore Mestizo can never be AA. They have no Negro.

Furthermore, a white African and Amerindian doesn't make a Mestizo. The white has to be from Europe, specially Spain or Portugal.

Although a white African and Amerindian mix does look Mestizo, it does not meet the definition of Mestizo. The white HAS TO BE European! Spanish (or Portuguese) to be more precise.

Case closed!
Zanoni012714

Oakland, CA

#98 Jan 27, 2014
The reason the white has to be from Spain (or Portugal) is because the Anglo-Saxon-Teutonic people don't recognize such people.

To them, historically, children of mixed lineage are considered to be members of the lesser race (as far as they are concerned.)

Anglo-Saxon-Teutonic and Black produces Black. Not Mulatto. Just Black. They don't recognize Mulatto.

Anglo-Saxon-Teutonic and Amerindian produces Amerindian. Not Mestizo. They don't recognize Mestizo.

In the pure Anglo-Saxon-Teutonic culture only two colors are recognized. White and non-White. There's no in-between for them. If you have any other color/race/culture in you, you're THAT OTHER color/race/culture, you're no longer white.

This is where the one-drop rule came from. It means, if you have one drop of black (or anything else,) you're black! Or something else! You're not white!

The term "people-of-color" also comes from them. As I said earlier, they recognize only two colors, white and non-white. You're either white (completely white) or you're a person of color. That is the reason ALL NONE WHITES are classified as people of color in their caste system. It's just them, and those others! There's no in-between for them.

Only the Iberian people recognized shades between white and black. And they classified them accordingly; Mestizo, Mulatto, Pardo, et, etc, etc...

“American Gymnosophist”

Level 5

Estados Unidos

#99 Jan 27, 2014
Again, "Show me saying that Mestizo was Zambo, or not a white/Amerindian bi-racial. Where's the quote. I'm waiting."
Zanoni012714

Oakland, CA

#100 Jan 27, 2014
I get the feeling Mulatre is confusing Mestizo with Pardo. Pardo, in Spanish colonial Mexico is a White, Mestizo, and Negro mix.

A Pardo can definitely be AA if s/he chooses to identify as such, but not a Mestizo. A Mestizo identifying as AA is just a wanna-be, as in, s/he wants to be black. But isn't!!!!!
BGFAa

Cleveland, OH

#102 Jan 28, 2014
I don't hate anybody, especially not biracial. I hate white people though. And have every right to. They are arrogant and are delusional for thinking that their race is superior to ones with color.
Le Sigh

New Castle, DE

#104 Feb 11, 2014
I was truly saddened reading this post & the comments that string along.

First of race is a construct that was created but has no biological bearing (pick up some scholarly articles or take a simple sociology class, there's plenty of scientific research and evidence supporting this). The differences that we see in race had to do with how our bodies physically & internally adjusted to adapt to our environments as humans migrated away from Africa into other climates (& those changes were many years in the making). The idea if race would have been foreign to people back then.

The issue is we've become so wrapped up in race & hating those who have ever done wrong we've lost the history that whether we want to believe it or not we are much more alike than we are different. Hating someone because they're white only causes further division & slows the process of any true acceptance. Becoming a racist because someone else is one makes you just like them. No better and no worse, but an exact reflection.

It's easy, cowardly & destructive to hate people solely because they are different. We see a trail of this in history, from world wars waged in the name of religion, to the Holocoust, to genocides in Africa, I mean really there are plenty of examples all over the world & many "races" are culprits & are guilty.

Ignorance has polluted the minds of the world as history has been erased & pointing the finger & passing blame is prominent. Let us not forget that some of our very own ancestors sold us into slavery (not denying some were taken) but I say that to say if you are going to be angry based on history be sure you know ALL of your facts & have done legitimate research.

To the writer of this article, don't dwell on it. The people who truly care will accept you for who you are & what is most important is that you accept yourself before anything. Being black & being white, being white & bring black, that is part if your image & it makes up who you are, but that isn't what defines you, your personality & spirit do. Live life, be happy & be blessed & never let another persons dislike or hate or prejudice towards you turn you into an inwardly ugly person.
Carmen

Gaithersburg, MD

#105 Feb 21, 2014
I'm white but I think Biracial individuals are some of the most beautiful people on planet earth. In fact, black mixed with Asian, European...Indian etc have such an amazing complexion. Rock on beauties! and love one another people.:)

“Jesus loves you all!”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#106 Feb 21, 2014
Carmen wrote:
I'm white but I think Biracial individuals are some of the most beautiful people on planet earth. In fact, black mixed with Asian, European...Indian etc have such an amazing complexion. Rock on beauties! and love one another people.:)
Do you believe that you're 100% white? I don't.
Ben

New York, NY

#107 Feb 21, 2014
Anna wrote:
<quoted text>That is so unbelievably rude of you. Not only is this an ignorant statement, it is ludicrous and malicious. How dare you say something like that. I happen to be half black and half white myself. For you to say something like that is really a shame. You most likely have no reason to hate me and people like me. Just because we are not full black doesn't mean we are terrible and racist as you love to point out. The ignorance and cruelty you have just displayed should make you feel ashamed of yourself.
Great post ^^^, but ....
Here's the deal. Barriers are breaking down for mixed race people who are being used as a buttress in the enforcement of discrimination against Blacks. Many have chosen to align themselves against a people who had welcomed them with open arms when all were lumped together. Mixed race people are being rewarded with some preferential treatment while Blacks are being shoved aside. If I were mixed race, I might have been tempted to take the small perks, too, because the struggle isn't easy. Just as there was political realignment starting from the '60's, there's a major realignment along racial and class lines now. Asians and mixed race people are, to use an Apartheid term, honorary whites. I'll bet a dollar to a dime that much of the raw, unadulterated racism is coming from a new influx of immigrants, both white and colored, from Southern Africa.
Ben

New York, NY

#108 Feb 21, 2014
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Great post ^^^, but ....
Here's the deal. Barriers are breaking down for mixed race people who are being used as a buttress in the enforcement of discrimination against Blacks. Many have chosen to align themselves against a people who had welcomed them with open arms when all were lumped together. Mixed race people are being rewarded with some preferential treatment while Blacks are being shoved aside. If I were mixed race, I might have been tempted to take the small perks, too, because the struggle isn't easy. Just as there was political realignment starting from the '60's, there's a major realignment along racial and class lines now. Asians and mixed race people are, to use an Apartheid term, honorary whites. I'll bet a dollar to a dime that much of the raw, unadulterated racism is coming from a new influx of immigrants, both white and colored, from Southern Africa.
Btw, people, nothing is more jarring than the term ' race is a social construct'. The fact is there are different races in the human specie. I have close to 20/20 vision and it's evident to me that the darkest man from anywhere is very different from a Northern European. As human beings we all have the same biological parts and experiences, but our socialization coupled with DNA are markedly different , and are not to be brushed aside.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America will split due to Ferguson and similar ... 7 min HarryHott 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min RealDave 1,232,572
What color was Jesus Christ 14 min N Hater 131
African Americans have NO allies. 25 min UruWauWauThePhagg 10
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 28 min johnplustwomore 120,550
Partition World's Cancer USA 35 min Labor 1
War: USA vs Africa 37 min Labor 80
why do white people hate other races so much 2 hr Lbino 402
Van Sertima debunked! Afronazis Drowning in Tears! 2 hr UruWauWauThePhagg 328
All women prefer white men 3 hr alex 4,648