What do Native American Indians and B...

What do Native American Indians and Blacks have in common?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
ess

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Nov 7, 2009
It must be the betrayal they faced with some white people back in the day and still is. Native Americans receive a check, housing, medical benefits, and etc from the government because of their land being taken back in the day. Why can't blacks receive a check for their ancestors who were in slavery? All the heartache and pain they went through losing their children and spouses. Being beat and humilated, Blacks deserve alot! I do believe many Native American Indians have respect for blacks because they know what we been through and how we are being treated today by some white people, so they feel us. Do you all agree?

“It is what it is!”

Level 1

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 Nov 7, 2009
I don't need a check.

Here is what I need:

1. I need to not have people look surprised when they see me in person, after hearing me on the phone and assuming I am another race.

2. I need to not be told that I am "articulate" or "intelligent" as if it's shocking.

3. I need to not be the spokesperson for the black race every time I open my mouth in the presence of non-blacks.

4. I need to not be twice as good with twice the education to get half as far.

5. I need to not have to deal with small-minded idiots who think they know what kind of person I am without knowing me.

If I had these things, I'd be happy. I can earn my own check.
ess

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Nov 7, 2009
Greeneyedsista wrote:
I don't need a check.
Here is what I need:
1. I need to not have people look surprised when they see me in person, after hearing me on the phone and assuming I am another race.
2. I need to not be told that I am "articulate" or "intelligent" as if it's shocking.
3. I need to not be the spokesperson for the black race every time I open my mouth in the presence of non-blacks.
4. I need to not be twice as good with twice the education to get half as far.
5. I need to not have to deal with small-minded idiots who think they know what kind of person I am without knowing me.
If I had these things, I'd be happy. I can earn my own check.
Amen! But many whites or other races don't get that. We don't need their money but we do need some appreciation. When people get mad they sue but in this case it should be automatic. If you need it or not.
realist

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Nov 7, 2009
ess wrote:
It must be the betrayal they faced with some white people back in the day and still is. Native Americans receive a check, housing, medical benefits, and etc from the government because of their land being taken back in the day. Why can't blacks receive a check for their ancestors who were in slavery? All the heartache and pain they went through losing their children and spouses. Being beat and humilated, Blacks deserve alot! I do believe many Native American Indians have respect for blacks because they know what we been through and how we are being treated today by some white people, so they feel us. Do you all agree?
Most true Native Americans are gone with their culture and language. Diseases like smallpox and plague killed them off. The epidemiologic history is part of standard historical disucssions in schools of public health. There are plenty of scientific journals to support that fact (e.g. NIH).

The remnants who are 4/4 and still speak an indigenous language represent less than 1% of the US population. The rest are mixed-blooded Native Americans with a wide variation in blood quantum (e.g. 3/4 to 1/16). The Cherokees are well-known for Caucasian features. Here in Florida, some Seminoles are also part African.

Slavery and genocide were imposed upon Native Americans. The slave trade in Mexico actually lasted into the 1880s. The Spanish government also had a scalp policy on Native Americans to kill them off. Scalps were worth 25-100 pesos (child, woman, adult male, respectively).

The African Americans and Native Americans share the history of cultural genocide and slavery. But the main difference is that the true Native Americans are on the verge of disappearing. The languages are rapidly dying off, and Native Americans intermarry with whites at a higher rate than any other minority group. It is the sunset of our people unless something is done to preserve the languages.
ess

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Nov 8, 2009
realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Most true Native Americans are gone with their culture and language. Diseases like smallpox and plague killed them off. The epidemiologic history is part of standard historical disucssions in schools of public health. There are plenty of scientific journals to support that fact (e.g. NIH).
The remnants who are 4/4 and still speak an indigenous language represent less than 1% of the US population. The rest are mixed-blooded Native Americans with a wide variation in blood quantum (e.g. 3/4 to 1/16). The Cherokees are well-known for Caucasian features. Here in Florida, some Seminoles are also part African.
Slavery and genocide were imposed upon Native Americans. The slave trade in Mexico actually lasted into the 1880s. The Spanish government also had a scalp policy on Native Americans to kill them off. Scalps were worth 25-100 pesos (child, woman, adult male, respectively).
The African Americans and Native Americans share the history of cultural genocide and slavery. But the main difference is that the true Native Americans are on the verge of disappearing. The languages are rapidly dying off, and Native Americans intermarry with whites at a higher rate than any other minority group. It is the sunset of our people unless something is done to preserve the languages.
I have great respect for Native Americans. Your culture is rich and beautiful. I did not know that your culture is dying off that is very sad. I also did not know there was genocide in the Native American communities back in the day. Native Americans is such a strong nation and a past of great warriors it kind of surprise me this happen back in the day ( all of the genocide). May God preserve the Native Americans as well as blacks for his purpose in this life. Much Love for my Native American Brother! as well as other races who are for Native Americans and Blacks.
Zew

South Africa

#6 Nov 8, 2009
realist wrote:
<quoted text>Most true Native Americans are gone with their culture and language. Diseases like smallpox and plague killed them off. The epidemiologic history is part of standard historical disucssions in schools of public health. There are plenty of scientific journals to support that fact (e.g. NIH).
The remnants who are 4/4 and still speak an indigenous language represent less than 1% of the US population. The rest are mixed-blooded Native Americans with a wide variation in blood quantum (e.g. 3/4 to 1/16). The Cherokees are well-known for Caucasian features. Here in Florida, some Seminoles are also part African.
Slavery and genocide were imposed upon Native Americans. The slave trade in Mexico actually lasted into the 1880s. The Spanish government also had a scalp policy on Native Americans to kill them off. Scalps were worth 25-100 pesos (child, woman, adult male, respectively).The African Americans and Native Americans share the history of cultural genocide and slavery. But the main difference is that the true Native Americans are on the verge of disappearing. The languages are rapidly dying off, and Native Americans intermarry with whites at a higher rate than any other minority group. It is the sunset of our people unless something is done to preserve the languages.
Interesting post.

My post is not American but to have a better understanding of the situation one sometimes has to broaden the scope and draw parallels to see that what happened and what is happening..., happened by design.

Small pox - take that with a pinch of salt and interrogate it. The settlers used the same tactics in colonies around the world including SA. It is a known fact that small pox is one of many diseases settlers brought to Africa. In 1713 it reached epidemic proportions in SA. German measles is one of them, there were others Africans could not treat with traditional medicines that were effective before the arrival of the settlers.

Alcoholism and illiteracy - I read that Native Americans have a problem with alcoholism, that is parallel to the case of Khoisan in SA.

Drugs - black Americans and Native Americans have a problem with drugs, thats the same story with Coloured communities in SA. It is a known fact that the apartheid regime trained Coloureds in technial skills but dumped drugs in their communities to ensure that they never get anywhere..., Coloureds were a threat because they are good with their hands, drugs were meant to keep them as drug addicted runners for whites. Sadly..., to this day that is still the case.

Genocide - this was used on Aborigines in Australia together with the drive to use "rape" to wipe them off the face of the earth.

Intermarriage as a form of genocide - The issue of Native American tribes intermarrying with whites is parallel to what is going on in New Zealand with the Maori and Samoans.

The situation can be reversed if theres a concerted effort.
Sinajuavi

United States

#7 Nov 8, 2009
Zew has a fit if a non-S African speaks about SA, or even if a non-African speaks about Africa... yet he's all over Native Americans, Australians and everyone else.

I would suggest that Zew is a bloody goddam hypocrite.
Zew

South Africa

#8 Nov 8, 2009
Sinajuavi wrote:
Zew has a fit if a non-S African speaks about SA, or even if a non-African speaks about Africa... yet he's all over Native Americans, Australians and everyone else.
I would suggest that Zew is a bloody goddam hypocrite.
If you were not a typical East Indian white worshipper..., you would have noted that I am not passing myself on as someone who knows better than what has been posted by Americans in many of these threads.

Anyway, whats the deal with posting in this thread when SA threads have posters from all US race groups some of whom venture into the SA forum? And whats your problem..., I am not posting about that shithole called Indian and curry slurping Indians.

As an Indian where do you fit in.? Are you trying to dispute the truth I have posted about your white settler handlers, you can change your screen name what you cannot change is your curry infested pea size brain..., Pere Du Champ. I wonder why you feel the need to change the name every second day. I am not going to have beneficiaries of apartheid who stood with our enemies and reaped the benefits for doing so passing themselves on as people who acted otherwise.
Sinajuavi

United States

#9 Nov 8, 2009
I'm not Indian. But if you spoke with that sort of bigotry in my presence, I'd make sure you never walk straight again, boy.

You are a vile racist. You are no good for S Africa or anywhere else. You're a blot on any community where you live.

Kill yourself now... make Africa a better place.

“The REAL Founding Fathers!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Oakland

#10 Nov 8, 2009
ess wrote:
Native Americans receive a check, housing, medical benefits, and etc from the government because of their land being taken back in the day.
Wherever did you hear this lie? Native Americans have not received a fraction of what treaties afforded them...GO and research the subject before you post a thread like this....Just sayin'.....
Zew

South Africa

#11 Nov 8, 2009
Sinajuavi wrote:
I'm not Indian. But if you spoke with that sort of bigotry in my presence, I'd make sure you never walk straight again, boy.
You are a vile racist. You are no good for S Africa or anywhere else. You're a blot on any community where you live.
Kill yourself now... make Africa a better place.
You are one curry slurper that is ashamed of his Indian heritage, could be that you sold out on your Indian brothers back in SA and took refuge in the US where your handlers are, pity they left you in a miserable state to enjoy their loot in their ranches. This thread is about Natives and black Americans, you are doing everything to create a diversion because I dared brought to their attention the parallels that exist between their cases and those of others, for them to see that their situation happened by design and that they can reinvent the wheel if they put their minds to it and start NOW.

You're obviously still into worshipping whites. The reason you have changed names so many times is that you are one lunatic that has no substance and base and have been shown where to get off too many times in different threads. You are what what you think you are, you want to believe you are white, Coloured, black, Indian when you feel like, changing like a chameleon, I've met Indians like you, bloody CIA spy.

CASE CLOSED...
ess

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Nov 8, 2009
NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wherever did you hear this lie? Native Americans have not received a fraction of what treaties afforded them...GO and research the subject before you post a thread like this....Just sayin'.....
There are 3 federal recognized cherokee tribes the Cherokee Nation of oklahoma, United Keetowah Band of cherokee, and the Eastern Band Cherokee. To receive benefits one most be enrolled in tribal/member citizens of a federal recognize tribe.(Somehow some white people have ended up on the roll). Anyway, the enrollment requirements are CNO request descendecy from someone on the dawes roll( the dawes roll are the list of individual who were accepted as eligible for tribal membership in the federal civilized tribe Cherokee, Creek, Choctaw, Chickasaw, and Seminole), EKB 1/4 blood degree, EBC requires 1/16 blood degree and an ancestor on the baker roll(Eastern Band of Cherokee Indian North Carolina descendants of the person of the original Bakers roll) most benefits come from the tribe directly. They also get free schooling and medical like here in oklahoma the Indian clinic. They also have reservations in different parts of the United States. I went to school with a lady whos grandfather has land near where i went to school first they took it from him but gave it back. Here last name is Little Axe. But there are many advantages for the native American... God Bless!

Since: Oct 07

AOL

#13 Nov 8, 2009
I can tell you what NDNs have in common with white folks. For one thing, the AA persists in usurping the history and culture of BOTH groups.
ess

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Nov 8, 2009
HumanBeingUSA wrote:
I can tell you what NDNs have in common with white folks. For one thing, the AA persists in usurping the history and culture of BOTH groups.
I have both races running throuhg my blood majority black, creole(french), and Blackfoot indian. We are interested in talking about Native American Indians and Blacks not Whites! No Offense!

Black N Red

“KK's 5 Star Beauty”

Since: May 08

KK The Capo Don Supreme

#15 Nov 8, 2009
ess wrote:
It must be the betrayal they faced with some white people back in the day and still is. Native Americans receive a check, housing, medical benefits, and etc from the government because of their land being taken back in the day. Why can't blacks receive a check for their ancestors who were in slavery? All the heartache and pain they went through losing their children and spouses. Being beat and humilated, Blacks deserve alot! I do believe many Native American Indians have respect for blacks because they know what we been through and how we are being treated today by some white people, so they feel us. Do you all agree?
I totally agree with your comment!since
I am what blacks and Native Americans have in common!.

I totally agree with your comment!
Alucard

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Nov 8, 2009
The Natives are a fine, upstanding people unlike the niggorilla's who are a crime ridden lot; better off in Aperica.

“The REAL Founding Fathers!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Oakland

#18 Nov 8, 2009
ess wrote:
<quoted text>There are 3 federal recognized cherokee tribes the Cherokee Nation of oklahoma, United Keetowah Band of cherokee, and the Eastern Band Cherokee. To receive benefits one most be enrolled in tribal/member citizens of a federal recognize tribe.(Somehow some white people have ended up on the roll). Anyway, the enrollment requirements are CNO request descendecy from someone on the dawes roll( the dawes roll are the list of individual who were accepted as eligible for tribal membership in the federal civilized tribe Cherokee, Creek, Choctaw, Chickasaw, and Seminole), EKB 1/4 blood degree, EBC requires 1/16 blood degree and an ancestor on the baker roll(Eastern Band of Cherokee Indian North Carolina descendants of the person of the original Bakers roll) most benefits come from the tribe directly. They also get free schooling and medical like here in oklahoma the Indian clinic. They also have reservations in different parts of the United States. I went to school with a lady whos grandfather has land near where i went to school first they took it from him but gave it back. Here last name is Little Axe. But there are many advantages for the native American... God Bless!
Certain 'civilized' tribes (as determined by 'guess who')...Dawes Act? God Bless?....Rise up against your oppressor and this is a closer reality....smh....

http://newsfornatives.com/blog/2008/11/28/vid...
ess

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Nov 8, 2009
NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
<quoted text>
Certain 'civilized' tribes (as determined by 'guess who')...Dawes Act? God Bless?....Rise up against your oppressor and this is a closer reality....smh....
http://newsfornatives.com/blog/2008/11/28/vid...
Whatever makes you happy!
irish fighter

United States

#21 Nov 8, 2009
then i suppose the descendants of white people that went through deserve a check too.

you self righteous b*tch.

why don't you f*cking idiots ever think about that? so called 'white' people went through that too so just stfu about it already.
ess

Oklahoma City, OK

#22 Nov 8, 2009
Blacks and Native Americans are very much so alike and that's what your race hate. Why?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name places/events where blacks like to chimpout. 10 min bluestreak returns 12
NEANDERTHALS made WHITES more INTELLIGENT (Apr '13) 27 min Redefined 1,661
are jewish people caucasian,eurasian or anothe... (Feb '08) 32 min Moses 390
Most blacks don't want to be black 38 min The Spirit 1
Discussing Ancient Human Migrations 44 min Redefined 7
Why are Black guys so cocky? (Jul '12) 47 min bluestreak returns 153
Africans discovered the AMERICA before Columbus! (Jan '12) 49 min Redefined 8,034
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Moses 47,312
Dallas Shooter wrote "RB" in blood 3 hr bluestreak returns 325
.............dnc emails............. 5 hr The Original Doofy 14
Trump tries to grope daughter Ivanka 5 hr Instant karma 21
Democratic National Committee SUED by Sanders V... 6 hr Rivals 16
More from around the web