Enfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

earl wrote:
Ghanians and Nigerian insult each other not really about black jokes but their accomplishments
Super eagles vs. Black stars(their football teams)
Nollywood vs. ghollywood(their movie industries)
and etc, I find it funny but in general ghanians and Nigerians tend to just get along they don't fight or get into disagreements with each other like maybe haitians and dominicans do I guess? at least based on my experience with them in one job I used to work at their were many of them and they were cool with each other
True.... Nigerians and Ghanaians only fight online. In actual real life they get on more than any other two African nationalities. It's usually the Ghanainians who try to 'meet up' to the Nigerians by trying to speak Nigerian pidgin, using Nigerian slangs etc, all popularised by Nigerian actors and musicians who rule the continent's entertainment.
Fela

Enfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

In Africa, Naija rules as far as trendiness. The African youth who plays Naija tunes, can throw down a couple of Naija slangs or speak a bit of Naija pidgin, is seen as hip, and this is the case in Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Uganda, Malawi, you name it...
Fela

Enfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

It's a bit like the role Jamaica plays in the Caribbean.
Fela

Enfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

ashanti king wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but we must discuss this skin bleaching pandemic. Unfortunately she is not lying I have seen so many African girls and women with bleach skin in America. It is so disgusting, it is pandemic that we must discuss. So we shouldn't attack the messenger 70% is extremely high for the amount of Nigerians that bleach their skins.
If you believe that 70% figure you'll believe anything. Of course WHITEY will always exaggerate such figures to promote their racial myths.

These are the same people that tell us that ''80% of Nigerians live on less than a dollar a day''.

They always know how to use those stats as they suit them.
Fela

Enfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

''Honey, how much we got in the pot?

''99 cents''

Ok, take 65 cents and go get a tube of bleaching cream and use the other 34 cents to make us dinner''

''Ok Honey.. If it ain't enough we can always get Bono and Paul McCartney to bail out out with another concert!''
ashanti king

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Fela wrote:
<quoted text>True.... Nigerians and Ghanaians only fight online. In actual real life they get on more than any other two African nationalities. It's usually the Ghanainians who try to 'meet up' to the Nigerians by trying to speak Nigerian pidgin, using Nigerian slangs etc, all popularised by Nigerian actors and musicians who rule the continent's entertainment.
Don't try to exaggerate, over here. Ghanaians have their own pidgin but the difference is ghanaians consider people who speak pidgin as illiterates and vagabonds, so the majority speak standard English. Nigerians also uses Ghanaian slangs and listen to ghanaian music and watch ghanaian movies. So don't act like is only Nigerian musicians and actors that ruling Africa. Last three best actors and actress in Africa has been ghanaians.
ashanti king

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Fela wrote:
In Africa, Naija rules as far as trendiness. The African youth who plays Naija tunes, can throw down a couple of Naija slangs or speak a bit of Naija pidgin, is seen as hip, and this is the case in Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Uganda, Malawi, you name it...
Don't bring the giant of Africa mess here because it is not going to cut it. What do u mean Nigeria rule trendiness. Most of the slangs are something that is common in Anglo west Africans.
earl

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Nigerians and ghanians are like mirror images of themselves, to me I feel you guys are doing better then some other african countries; at least you guys have your own media, movie industry, businesses and etc so I don't think it is anything to argue about

at least you guys don't live like second class citizens in your countries, because it is the reverse in countries like South Africa, Brazil, even here in the USA
SSA

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Ghana meets Naija concert in Accra Ghana. A good mix of Ghanaian and Nigerian artistes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

there have also been some joint events in Lagos and Abuja in Nigeria.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Fela wrote:
It's a bit like the role Jamaica plays in the Caribbean.
I am not trying to bash Nigeria but South Africa seems to be the most popular Sub Saharan country. Even on the hit show the Real housewives of Atlanta they vacationed in South Africa and not Western Africa where our ancestors came from. And half of all Americans know who Nelson Mandela is but rarely do we know anybody who can name the current president of Nigeria.
SSA

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to bash Nigeria but South Africa seems to be the most popular Sub Saharan country. Even on the hit show the Real housewives of Atlanta they vacationed in South Africa and not Western Africa where our ancestors came from. And half of all Americans know who Nelson Mandela is but rarely do we know anybody who can name the current president of Nigeria.
because americans have been dumbed down by your educational system. Schoolkids in Europe and Asia can recite all the african countries for you, schoolkids in africa can draw all the countries in Europe, Asia and the Americas for you.

your tv viewing shows your level of intelligence and quest to learn more about the world... you want to try foreign stations that actually have real news and not a bunch of poor role models?
American Pride

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to bash Nigeria but South Africa seems to be the most popular Sub Saharan country. Even on the hit show the Real housewives of Atlanta they vacationed in South Africa and not Western Africa where our ancestors came from. And half of all Americans know who Nelson Mandela is but rarely do we know anybody who can name the current president of Nigeria.
Goodluck Jonathan is the current president of Nigeria. I really do not read very much about other countries but I know that much.
African AE

Durban, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

sassyntrashy wrote:
The majority of Nigerians in South Africa are seem as muggers and thieves! Thats the reputation Nigerians have!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

African AE wrote:
<quoted text>The majority of Nigerians in South Africa are seem as muggers and thieves! Thats the reputation Nigerians have!
Woe I thought Nigerians would be conducting business in South Africa.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Woe I thought Nigerians would be conducting business in South Africa.
They are actually conducting business in South Africa because there wasa complaint by the south african government years ago that south africa allowed Nigerians to do business in South Africa but were not making easy for south africans to conduct business in Nigeria until recently now, and it was mentioned in the Nigerian media, so I don't know what that person is saying.

Nigerians are not causing the high crime in that country

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Ch-inyere wrote:
<quoted text>
They are actually conducting business in South Africa because there wasa complaint by the south african government years ago that south africa allowed Nigerians to do business in South Africa but were not making easy for south africans to conduct business in Nigeria until recently now, and it was mentioned in the Nigerian media, so I don't know what that person is saying.
Nigerians are not causing the high crime in that country
Okay but is it all good business?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Okay but is it all good business?
oh yes of course, don't get me wrong their are a few bad Nigerians that create a bad image for the rest that are good citizens but most doing business is legite. Some Nigerian businesses have expanded to South Africa and some south african businesses are expanded to Nigeria.
Bantu Limited

Eskilstuna, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

African AE wrote:
<quoted text>The majority of Nigerians in South Africa are seem as muggers and thieves! Thats the reputation Nigerians have!
South Africans are good at necklacing people like that. They should given the same treatment if they are there to cause trouble. LOL!
ashanti king

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Okay but is it all good business?
Most of the crimes in South Africa are committed by South Africans and not Nigerians.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

ashanti king wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the crimes in South Africa are committed by South Africans and not Nigerians.
That's happen everywhere but do you think that Nigerians commit an unusual amount of crime in South Africa that's higher than their population.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

493 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,080,118
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 3 min kookierecluse 722
About foreign born blacks. ---------- 3 min Abdurratln 447
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 8 min Superhot 915
Random thoughts... (Sep '07) 8 min Joey 2 Times 77,708
I love white men! Deal with it! 11 min ugly monkeys 2
Paris Hilton is a RACIST. She "hates" black men 17 min madblackwoman1985 46
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 52 min Hebrew Warrior 2,309
Another BM with a HOT WW Wife__----------- 2 hr Black Realist 48
•••
•••