Nigerians insulting Ghanians SMDH!
Fela

Buckhurst Hill, UK

#324 Apr 5, 2013
It's a bit like the role Jamaica plays in the Caribbean.
Fela

Buckhurst Hill, UK

#325 Apr 5, 2013
ashanti king wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but we must discuss this skin bleaching pandemic. Unfortunately she is not lying I have seen so many African girls and women with bleach skin in America. It is so disgusting, it is pandemic that we must discuss. So we shouldn't attack the messenger 70% is extremely high for the amount of Nigerians that bleach their skins.
If you believe that 70% figure you'll believe anything. Of course WHITEY will always exaggerate such figures to promote their racial myths.

These are the same people that tell us that ''80% of Nigerians live on less than a dollar a day''.

They always know how to use those stats as they suit them.
Fela

Buckhurst Hill, UK

#326 Apr 5, 2013
''Honey, how much we got in the pot?

''99 cents''

Ok, take 65 cents and go get a tube of bleaching cream and use the other 34 cents to make us dinner''

''Ok Honey.. If it ain't enough we can always get Bono and Paul McCartney to bail out out with another concert!''
ashanti king

Chalfont, PA

#327 Apr 5, 2013
Fela wrote:
<quoted text>True.... Nigerians and Ghanaians only fight online. In actual real life they get on more than any other two African nationalities. It's usually the Ghanainians who try to 'meet up' to the Nigerians by trying to speak Nigerian pidgin, using Nigerian slangs etc, all popularised by Nigerian actors and musicians who rule the continent's entertainment.
Don't try to exaggerate, over here. Ghanaians have their own pidgin but the difference is ghanaians consider people who speak pidgin as illiterates and vagabonds, so the majority speak standard English. Nigerians also uses Ghanaian slangs and listen to ghanaian music and watch ghanaian movies. So don't act like is only Nigerian musicians and actors that ruling Africa. Last three best actors and actress in Africa has been ghanaians.
ashanti king

Chalfont, PA

#328 Apr 5, 2013
Fela wrote:
In Africa, Naija rules as far as trendiness. The African youth who plays Naija tunes, can throw down a couple of Naija slangs or speak a bit of Naija pidgin, is seen as hip, and this is the case in Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Uganda, Malawi, you name it...
Don't bring the giant of Africa mess here because it is not going to cut it. What do u mean Nigeria rule trendiness. Most of the slangs are something that is common in Anglo west Africans.
earl

Hyde Park, MA

#329 Apr 5, 2013
Nigerians and ghanians are like mirror images of themselves, to me I feel you guys are doing better then some other african countries; at least you guys have your own media, movie industry, businesses and etc so I don't think it is anything to argue about

at least you guys don't live like second class citizens in your countries, because it is the reverse in countries like South Africa, Brazil, even here in the USA
SSA

Arlington, VA

#330 Apr 5, 2013
Ghana meets Naija concert in Accra Ghana. A good mix of Ghanaian and Nigerian artistes.

there have also been some joint events in Lagos and Abuja in Nigeria.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#331 Apr 5, 2013
Fela wrote:
It's a bit like the role Jamaica plays in the Caribbean.
I am not trying to bash Nigeria but South Africa seems to be the most popular Sub Saharan country. Even on the hit show the Real housewives of Atlanta they vacationed in South Africa and not Western Africa where our ancestors came from. And half of all Americans know who Nelson Mandela is but rarely do we know anybody who can name the current president of Nigeria.
SSA

Arlington, VA

#332 Apr 5, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to bash Nigeria but South Africa seems to be the most popular Sub Saharan country. Even on the hit show the Real housewives of Atlanta they vacationed in South Africa and not Western Africa where our ancestors came from. And half of all Americans know who Nelson Mandela is but rarely do we know anybody who can name the current president of Nigeria.
because americans have been dumbed down by your educational system. Schoolkids in Europe and Asia can recite all the african countries for you, schoolkids in africa can draw all the countries in Europe, Asia and the Americas for you.

your tv viewing shows your level of intelligence and quest to learn more about the world... you want to try foreign stations that actually have real news and not a bunch of poor role models?
American Pride

South San Francisco, CA

#333 Apr 5, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to bash Nigeria but South Africa seems to be the most popular Sub Saharan country. Even on the hit show the Real housewives of Atlanta they vacationed in South Africa and not Western Africa where our ancestors came from. And half of all Americans know who Nelson Mandela is but rarely do we know anybody who can name the current president of Nigeria.
Goodluck Jonathan is the current president of Nigeria. I really do not read very much about other countries but I know that much.
African AE

Cape Town, South Africa

#334 Apr 6, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
The majority of Nigerians in South Africa are seem as muggers and thieves! Thats the reputation Nigerians have!

Location hidden

#335 Apr 6, 2013
African AE wrote:
<quoted text>The majority of Nigerians in South Africa are seem as muggers and thieves! Thats the reputation Nigerians have!
Woe I thought Nigerians would be conducting business in South Africa.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#337 Apr 6, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Woe I thought Nigerians would be conducting business in South Africa.
They are actually conducting business in South Africa because there wasa complaint by the south african government years ago that south africa allowed Nigerians to do business in South Africa but were not making easy for south africans to conduct business in Nigeria until recently now, and it was mentioned in the Nigerian media, so I don't know what that person is saying.

Nigerians are not causing the high crime in that country

Location hidden

#338 Apr 6, 2013
Ch-inyere wrote:
<quoted text>
They are actually conducting business in South Africa because there wasa complaint by the south african government years ago that south africa allowed Nigerians to do business in South Africa but were not making easy for south africans to conduct business in Nigeria until recently now, and it was mentioned in the Nigerian media, so I don't know what that person is saying.
Nigerians are not causing the high crime in that country
Okay but is it all good business?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#339 Apr 6, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Okay but is it all good business?
oh yes of course, don't get me wrong their are a few bad Nigerians that create a bad image for the rest that are good citizens but most doing business is legite. Some Nigerian businesses have expanded to South Africa and some south african businesses are expanded to Nigeria.
Bantu Limited

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#340 Apr 6, 2013
African AE wrote:
<quoted text>The majority of Nigerians in South Africa are seem as muggers and thieves! Thats the reputation Nigerians have!
South Africans are good at necklacing people like that. They should given the same treatment if they are there to cause trouble. LOL!
ashanti king

United States

#341 Apr 6, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Okay but is it all good business?
Most of the crimes in South Africa are committed by South Africans and not Nigerians.

Location hidden

#342 Apr 6, 2013
ashanti king wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the crimes in South Africa are committed by South Africans and not Nigerians.
That's happen everywhere but do you think that Nigerians commit an unusual amount of crime in South Africa that's higher than their population.
Abdu

Manchester, UK

#343 Aug 16, 2013
Fela wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that 70% figure you'll believe anything. Of course WHITEY will always exaggerate such figures to promote their racial myths.
These are the same people that tell us that ''80% of Nigerians live on less than a dollar a day''.
They always know how to use those stats as they suit them.
why don't you just accept the ugly truth? if those figures are lies then all negative news of african countries and poverty figures are lies!

looking at your living conditions in Nigeria you will put poverty figure above 90% as a simple guess. you all live in crap houses, dirty streets ect.... and about skin bleaching loool there is no denial, most Nigerians do bleach their skin and love lighter skin

“Israel uses Jim Crow Terrorism”

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#344 Aug 16, 2013
Asho wrote:
<quoted text>
Read an article in New Africa about Nigeria. God knows how that country stays afloat. In 1980s the rage was "My mercedes Benz is bigger than yours". 30 years later ", it's my private jet is bigger than yours" . Nigerians have more private jets than any country except America(?). 80% of nigerian budget is spent on government. If you work for nigerian govt you got your hand in state coffers.. The president of nigeria has 5 planes including the latest boeing. Some european presidents fly public airlines. Not nigerians. They just built 20 million dollars building the vice presidents massion. The country has only 4 hours of electricity supply a day. LOL ! Nigeria is an oil producer but people cue for gas. 30 years ago Nigerian national airline had over 30 plane, today they have none. Nigeria is one big chaos.
Not to mention the history of coups in Nigeria. I was "Naij", it was an eye opener...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After Trump Exterminates All Blacks... 1 min Ms Mack 5
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 3 min dreamhunk 34,451
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Abib 1,497,465
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 14 min The Power Of Mast... 1,110
Why do Italians call us mooleys??? wat is dat (Oct '07) 16 min TRUMPS WHITE SOLDIER 79
News Trump's staff picks disappoint, alarm minority ... 17 min WanderLusts 456
Black Privilege: Free Dylan Roof 20 min TRUMPS WHITE SOLDIER 12
What Exactly Is a "Good" Black Man? 54 min TRUMPS WHITE SOLDIER 50
Why Are White Women Adopting Black Babies? 1 hr Redefined 46
Got into it with the cafeteria worker this morning 2 hr Trayvons Last Ski... 25
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 10 hr Lori899 1,366
More from around the web