Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1 Mar 19, 2013
"The jonya (jon from Mande language, which means captive) was distributed mainly in Western Sudan, as well as in the region of N******ger and Chad. A jon (Jaam in Wolof, maccuba in fulfude, bayi in Hausa) was a slave connected to a lineage. He was not assignable and had most of he produced. In societies ruled by this system, he belonged to a sociopolitical category integrated to the ruling class, was so unique citizen of the state and belonged to is political apparatus.

While system and social category, the jonya played an original and considerable role in the states and empires of Ghana, Takrur, Mali, Kanem-Borno, Ashanti, Yoruba and Monomotapa. The elite of royal slaves (the jon tigi of Mandè, the farba of jaami Buur from Takrur, and the Sarkin bayi, from Haussaland) belonged to the ruling class of the state and its society. They wielded some power, embraced fortunes, and can, themselves, own slaves as the slaves jombiri jon of Mande and some slaves from Dahomey."

General History of Africa - Volume 5
Jahx - Wilder than T-Rex

Duque De Caxias, Brazil

#2 Mar 19, 2013
Bump it up!

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

Since: Jan 12

bamako,mali

#3 Mar 19, 2013
interesting !
Jahx - clean like Ajax

Duque De Caxias, Brazil

#5 Mar 20, 2013
I love Islam because Islam is love.
Phoenix

Houston, TX

#6 Mar 20, 2013
Darkjaemess wrote:
"The jonya (jon from Mande language, which means captive) was distributed mainly in Western Sudan, as well as in the region of N******ger and Chad. A jon (Jaam in Wolof, maccuba in fulfude, bayi in Hausa) was a slave connected to a lineage. He was not assignable and had most of he produced. In societies ruled by this system, he belonged to a sociopolitical category integrated to the ruling class, was so unique citizen of the state and belonged to is political apparatus.

While system and social category, the jonya played an original and considerable role in the states and empires of Ghana, Takrur, Mali, Kanem-Borno, Ashanti, Yoruba and Monomotapa. The elite of royal slaves (the jon tigi of Mandè, the farba of jaami Buur from Takrur, and the Sarkin bayi, from Haussaland) belonged to the ruling class of the state and its society. They wielded some power, embraced fortunes, and can, themselves, own slaves as the slaves jombiri jon of Mande and some slaves from Dahomey."

General History of Africa - Volume 5
Slavery varied in practice depending on tribal affiliation and region of Africa.

Level 6

Location hidden

#7 Mar 20, 2013
Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery varied in practice depending on tribal affiliation and region of Africa.
The jonya was the "worst" type of slavery of Africa. The majority of African peoples[tribes] even knew what slavery was, because they hadn't private property among them.

Level 3

Since: Mar 13

kaiserslautern, Germany

#8 Mar 20, 2013
They would clip ya private parts!

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

bamako,mali

#9 Mar 20, 2013
www.cdes-mali.org/spip.php...

Please read article # 20 ,then give me you Ops !

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

bamako,mali

#10 Mar 20, 2013

Level 3

Since: Mar 13

kaiserslautern, Germany

#11 Mar 20, 2013
dcool wrote:
www.cdes-mali.org/spip.php?art icle63
Please read article # 20 ,then give me you Ops !
It doesn't open. How come huh?

Anyone probably all just a bunch of lies.

How come french troops had to rescue your country from Al Queda?

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#12 Mar 20, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
Then the Arabs showed up and the concept of "slave" (abeed) took on a very sinister meaning indeed.
Some Africans (such as dcul's ancestors) bent over for the Arabs, serving as their intermediaries in this dirty business.
The Arabs thereby created the slave economy, markets and routes into which the Europeans connected when they began hauling slaves from the W African coast to America.
Dcul continues to follow his Arab massahs' slavery cult.
Lol notice how everyone just ignored this? Why even bother maybe they like being Arab slaves.

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

bamako,mali

#13 Mar 20, 2013
Uncle Miltie wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't open. How come huh?
Anyone probably all just a bunch of lies.
How come french troops had to rescue your country from Al Queda?
Yeah sorry but my next post has it correct ,check it out !
Let me ask you this ,How come Malians soldiers had to rescue France from hitler and in the first world war ??

Level 6

Location hidden

#14 Mar 20, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Lol notice how everyone just ignored this? Why even bother maybe they like being Arab slaves.
My text don't even mention Arab people. By the way, Arab slaves were also bought for black Africans.

Level 6

Location hidden

#15 Mar 20, 2013
dcool wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah sorry but my next post has it correct ,check it out !
It's www[dot]codes-mali[dot]org/ spip.php?article63

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

bamako,mali

#16 Mar 20, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
Then the Arabs showed up and the concept of "slave" (abeed) took on a very sinister meaning indeed.
Some Africans (such as dcul's ancestors) bent over for the Arabs, serving as their intermediaries in this dirty business.
The Arabs thereby created the slave economy, markets and routes into which the Europeans connected when they began hauling slaves from the W African coast to America.
Dcul continues to follow his Arab massahs' slavery cult.
Yeah in your wildest dream perhaps Lol !
We Malians still have arab/tuaregs slaves in our famillies ,P**k !
I'm of noble african descent My familly still owns the occidental part of the sahara (Mali,southern Mauritania,eastern senegal),in other words Arabs tuaregs have been dominated in Mali throughout the entire history exept for the 15th century when Almoravids attacked tombouctou and dominated for a very short period of time !
In Mali My ancestors believed that DEATH was better than Shame ,trust me we know abotu war in my familly it's our traditional JOB!
better ask somebody!

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

bamako,mali

#17 Mar 20, 2013
Darkjaemess wrote:
<quoted text>
It's www[dot]codes-mali[dot]org/ spip.php?article63
Exactly ,just click on the link in the following post,it's all in there !

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

bamako,mali

#18 Mar 20, 2013
Well guys ,How about some comments abotu the above link I've gave you ? I'm waiting .

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#19 Mar 20, 2013
Darkjaemess wrote:
<quoted text>
My text don't even mention Arab people. By the way, Arab slaves were also bought for black Africans.
That's true you were finally discussing black on black slavery which is also bad.

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

bamako,mali

#21 Mar 20, 2013
Africa had a lot of slaves of arab descent indeed ,something punks like barros can't understand !

“Maat's my principle”

Level 9

bamako,mali

#22 Mar 20, 2013
The link I've sent you ,is about the first constitution established in Mali in 1236 AD !
The article # 20 of the constitution talks about slavery ,read it ,it's a very interesting piece of evidence .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Earl 1,683,487
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 7 min el rey de los cam... 240
Racist White People on MLK Day. 11 min Sarah 2nd Grade 100
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 13 min el rey de los cam... 37,812
Black rulership in Eroupe during the Dark Ages? (Dec '10) 15 min el rey de los cam... 723
How has Africa from the begining of time influe... (May '13) 18 min el rey de los cam... 4,076
My Brothas in Baltimore are Holding it DOWN!!!! 21 min el rey de los cam... 259
WHITE FOLKS: YOU need to know what King Knew! 29 min Sarah 2nd Grade 131
Obama was a powerless failed dimwit. 14 hr Denigrade 30
More from around the web