Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Level 2

Since: Oct 10

Surprise, AZ

#1 Dec 9, 2010
ok so I was listening to his song Right Above It or whatever and one of the lines was "Beautiful black woman I bet that bitch look better red" when I heard that I was like what. how could he honestly say something like that, especially when he's dark skin and he has two dark skin daughters. Personally it took me 2 minutes of caring after that I realized he looks like the black version of the Grinch but I just wanted to know if anybody else heard it and their thoughts.

http://www.directlyrics.com/lil-wayne-right-a...

Level 1

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Dec 9, 2010
Kaelin wrote:
ok so I was listening to his song Right Above It or whatever and one of the lines was "Beautiful black woman I bet that bitch look better red" when I heard that I was like what. how could he honestly say something like that, especially when he's dark skin and he has two dark skin daughters. Personally it took me 2 minutes of caring after that I realized he looks like the black version of the Grinch but I just wanted to know if anybody else heard it and their thoughts.
I'm saying....as if Lil Wayne is in any position to judge anyone's looks...he looks like the only black alien from the television series "V"....THAT IS A WEIRD LOOKING DUDE!

Since: Apr 08

Clayton, NC

#3 Dec 9, 2010
nobody cares what The Predator aka wack wayne likes. all these little rappers nowadays keep saying something about "they like a redbone or yellowbone/high yellow" in their songs. well i am high yellow, but i can be considered both terms, and i don't even appreciate them saying that stuff. i don't want them mentioning us in any of their wack degrading lyrics. darkskinned women shouldn't either.

Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Brooklyn,NY

#4 Dec 9, 2010
Kaelin wrote:
Rappers are not role models. They are not educators. They are entertainers. They are not necessarily smart, stable people. They aren't teachers or military officers or somebody holding down a job where they have to be intelligent, responsible and conscientious. So long as a rapper can put down some good beats he's done all he has and probably wants to do with his life. Think of entertainers ae mostly idiots. Before you look to entertainers for leadership and guidance you might as well just try to figure it out for yourself. Even if your judgment isn't that great, you'd still be much better off.
Truth

AOL

#5 Dec 9, 2010
Red doesn't mean redbone; it means blood. Black women better wake up, BM want us dead.
Truth

AOL

#6 Dec 9, 2010
Remember light skinned sisters are also Beautiful black woman.....they are not "red".
Red is a code for blood. These BM hate all Beautiful black woman and think we look better dripped in our blood.
Wake up sisters!

Since: Dec 10

Lawrenceville, GA

#7 Dec 9, 2010
a lot of ppl have also taken offense by a line in one of nicki minaj's songs..it was something like "dark nappy headed hoes need a perminator"
[rolls eyes]
i mean im not dark im very light-complexioned but if i was i wouldnt give 2fcks about what "rappers" like lil wayne or nicki minaj have to say.theyre just stupid and ignorant

but what i dont understand is ppl get upset over lines lil wayne makes about dark skinned girls or whatever but at the same time they dont get upset at the fact that he&90% of other rappers refer to all women as bitches,hoes,etc.
am i the only one whose realized this?
Blk man

Los Gatos, CA

#8 Dec 9, 2010
Kaelin wrote:
I haven't heard that particular line, but it doesn't matter because wayne has more lines like that. In fact he ain't the only one.
Jim jones, shawty lo, lil boosie, and a couple other ones have a favorite saying.
They say "pretty red thing on my side" and we know what that means (like skinned girls are my choice)

we as adults (not all of us) are able to see how ridiculous this "light skinned is better" notion is. But there are young black youths who actually believe this, and the young dark skinned sistas are stigmatized.
If any parents out there have young dark skinned daughters I
encourage you to remind them everysingle day just how beautiful they
are.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#9 Dec 9, 2010
I don't care about what Lil Gremlin wnats because god knows i would never date such an ugly creature. I am still confused as to what do all these beautiful girls see in him. His first wife is a darkskin beauty queen and I think she settled by marrying lil wayne.

Level 2

Since: Oct 10

Surprise, AZ

#10 Dec 9, 2010
nique92 wrote:
a lot of ppl have also taken offense by a line in one of nicki minaj's songs..it was something like "dark nappy headed hoes need a perminator"
[rolls eyes]
i mean im not dark im very light-complexioned but if i was i wouldnt give 2fcks about what "rappers" like lil wayne or nicki minaj have to say.theyre just stupid and ignorant
but what i dont understand is ppl get upset over lines lil wayne makes about dark skinned girls or whatever but at the same time they dont get upset at the fact that he&90% of other rappers refer to all women as bitches,hoes,etc.
am i the only one whose realized this?
Well I only cared for about 2 minutes lol but I think why I care, and alot of other girls, is because it's not just him, it's one of those things that are constantly said and displayed everywhere that when you see something like this it's frustrating. It's like girl making themselves throw-up because the media says they're fat.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 9, 2010
I also wonder why would women date a man who has been publicly seen kissing other dudes in the mouth?

“Israel uses Jim Crow Terrorism”

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#12 Dec 9, 2010
black women - short men...
Pat

North Bay, Canada

#13 Dec 9, 2010
sassyntrashy wrote:
I don't care about what Lil Gremlin wnats because god knows i would never date such an ugly creature. I am still confused as to what do all these beautiful girls see in him. His first wife is a darkskin beauty queen and I think she settled by marrying lil wayne.
That's what most Black AA females like, thuggish type of men. This is why most have multiple babies with multiple thug men and why the "Good" Black AA males (minority) can't get a simple glance from you all. Ask Fairguy!!

They talk about how "protected" they feel.

I thought you were a thug chaser also??

Location hidden

#14 Dec 9, 2010
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what most Black AA females like, thuggish type of men. This is why most have multiple babies with multiple thug men and why the "Good" Black AA males (minority) can't get a simple glance from you all. Ask Fairguy!!
They talk about how "protected" they feel.
I thought you were a thug chaser also??
No I am not a chaser but I will admit that the thugs are the ones who show blakc women love while the educated guys are very standoffish with black women.
Aidyn

Atlanta, GA

#15 Dec 9, 2010
Kaelin wrote:
I noticed that line in his verse as well. He's always praising "long hair don't care" and "long haired thick redbones". It's ridiculous. He lacks substance. This is why I stopped listening to him a couple of years ago. I never understood how Tha Carter 3 sold so many albums compared to 1&2.(Sorry for getting off topic). The reality of it is Lil Wayne is an immature, brainwashed pin head and shouldn't be taken seriously. He has 4 children by 4 different women, which says a lot about him. He has reasoning and judgement issues as well as an inferiority complex. He's dark as shit and forever praising those lighter than him. Typical self hating negro.

“.”

Level 6

Since: Feb 10

#16 Dec 9, 2010
lol yet he looks like a cockroach
Lady

United States

#17 Dec 9, 2010
Yes I definitely noticed that line. It's so heartless, embarrassing and irresponsible to think it's ok to say that. So many young girls and grown women too with low self esteem already to hear that is like damn...im not good enough. He has a brownskin daughter. It's unbelievable. I feel that light complected women should be appalled also because if your messing with these brown or darkbrown men your baby girl can come out brown...and what is she nothing?
Pat

North Bay, Canada

#18 Dec 9, 2010
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>No I am not a chaser but I will admit that the thugs are the ones who show blakc women love while the educated guys are very standoffish with black women.
Of course you admit it. Most of you chase Thugs then sit around going "where all the good men at yo". Now this is after you popped out three little ones Tyrone, LeRoy, and Deshawn.

Though to be fair, you don't have much to choose from in the pool of dating AA males.
dreams

United States

#19 Dec 9, 2010
Well it sure didnt take long for rap to turn into coon music.t

Since: Dec 10

Lawrenceville, GA

#20 Dec 9, 2010
Kaelin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I only cared for about 2 minutes lol but I think why I care, and alot of other girls, is because it's not just him, it's one of those things that are constantly said and displayed everywhere that when you see something like this it's frustrating. It's like girl making themselves throw-up because the media says they're fat.
i understand what youre saying, i have no clue why but all of a sudden black guys think the only way a black girl can be attractive is if shes a "long haired thick red bone"
dont let it get to you,imean i cant sit here and say i know how you feel because im not dark so i dont pay attention to silly comments about black girls with lightskin,long "good" hair,etc etc so all i can say is dont let it get to you.if you know youre beautiful then thats all that matters. ive seen plenty of beautiful dark women in my lifetime-most of the dark women in my family look 100x better than me. the whole "light skinned girls are better" concept is completley false

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,599,596
A poem for the Jizzrealite Supremacist...from M... 2 min coonhilda 4
What Race Has Better Fighters, Non-black Or Black? 4 min the boundaries of... 71
The LAST DAYS of the USA Era 13 min A new poster 7
Why do black women clap their hands when they a... (Jun '13) 19 min dbiggs69 33
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 20 min dreamhunk 35,112
Do all black people eat soul food? 29 min TRUMP 45 5
Why can't Blacks answer these questions? 35 min FireyFellow44 39
Do African Americans listen to the 'Beatles'? (Apr '08) 2 hr vbs 339
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 2 hr Bongo 655
Why do white women enjoy anal sex so much? (Mar '11) 11 hr FireFellow44 355
More from around the web