Good Company Cafe'

“Hating Gives You Wrinkles”

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

The Sequel

#368 Dec 4, 2013
MsNewNew wrote:
<quoted text>I'm just a private person and if I was to sum myself up I'll complete this box.:)
Just to add a few... I'm a good godly woman, with a good heart and a good sense of humor and let me include I strive for tranquility.
I agree, you do have a good heart, New..:)

Level 6

The Sequel

#369 Dec 4, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>HA!
And that would've been very "Hill Harper" of you.
:{)
[email protected] hill Harper.. have you read any of his books??? I still haven't. maybe I'll download onto my tablet...

Level 6

The Sequel

#370 Dec 4, 2013
it's been feeling really good outside for the past three days..I sure hope we have snow this year.. lots of it...

Level 6

The Sequel

#371 Dec 4, 2013
Swade wrote:
JUST CURIOUS:
If you had 50 million dollars but a year to live, how would you spend your money and time and why?
well I'd donate half of it to the church and the other half I'd set up a trust fund for my little brother to go to college when he becomes of age.. buy my ma a house and new car,etc.. give her some of the money to do whatever she wanted with... take care of some of my relatives.. the ones that come around and I'm close with.. donate some more to different charities.. she's the rest of it fulfilling a bucket list of crazy things I always wanted to do like sky diving, zip lining etc..

Level 6

The Sequel

#372 Dec 4, 2013
* spend the rest of it..

Level 6

The Sequel

#373 Dec 4, 2013
I'd pay to jump off a sky scraper building and land on that trampoline thingy in time square... lolol

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#374 Dec 4, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm 6'3 and you'd STILL make me look like "Muggsy Bogues"!
Damn, you are a big boy! Can you still buy your suits off the rack?

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#375 Dec 4, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>I too had somewhat of a "hands off, safe package hood edict on me" as well (to a degree).
I think with me it had a little to do with who my family was, particularly my pops & my uncle. And some of the sh!t I did get snared in was due to my own insistence. Lu$t is a b!tch (that sh!t had me)...and I'm not just speaking on the physical, concupiscent type either! But in spite of my error, I learned a lot and I have minimum regret. "Never killed a man that didn't deserve to die"...just kidding.
;{)
But seriously, I had REAL OG's that managed me that way too that saw just a little deeper and in some strange way, desired better for me. Now that doesn't mean I didn't have my fair share of missteps, however, if it were not for them, coupled with Divine predestination & JAH angel I'd be just another brick in the wall.
Yeah, man God bless you cats who were raised in those big urban cities because compared to where I came from, that was a beast of a completely different color. My situation was child's play compared to what cats had to survive in Philly, New York or a Detroit, but having survived these places, I can imagine, strengthen your survival and life's management skills...Hat's off!

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

#376 Dec 4, 2013
__jaz__ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, you do have a good heart, New..:)
Thanks Jaz... you do too.:)

Level 9

#377 Dec 4, 2013
__jaz__ wrote:
it's been feeling really good outside for the past three days..I sure hope we have snow this year.. lots of it...
Is it warm up there too?

I know you folks up North are use to this heavy snow season, but ya gets too much for me. I love the beauty of snow, however all I need is enough for a snowman. One good snowfall per season is fine with me.:)

Level 6

The Sequel

#378 Dec 4, 2013
Swade wrote:
<quoted text>Damn, mama dukes had you involved in everything. Speaking of ballet, my moms put me in one class as a kid. I end up accidentally kicking some white girl in the booty and she snitched (although secretly I knew she liked it ;)
So what happen to you doing ballet? My old roommate from college use to watch "Center Stage" damn near everyday and dude as a big black ass football player. Dude was smoking weed, tackling dudes like nothing but behind the scenes he was singing Opera and listening to Mozart. Dah fuhk.
we came on hard times at one point and m my mom couldn't afford it anymore..

Level 6

The Sequel

#379 Dec 4, 2013
MsNewNew wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Jaz... you do too.:)
welcome.. thanx, New..:)

Level 6

The Sequel

#380 Dec 4, 2013
MsNewNew wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it warm up there too?
I know you folks up North are use to this heavy snow season, but ya gets too much for me. I love the beauty of snow, however all I need is enough for a snowman. One good snowfall per season is fine with me.:)
yea I agree one good snow is all I need.. my friends and I like to slide down the hills and slopes on campus...:)

“Perfection is impossible”

Level 5

Since: May 13

But excellence is close enough

#381 Dec 4, 2013
Swade wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the grocery store and buy
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511YGPC...
and a pack of chicken wings. Wash the wings and place them within a nice size bowl, alongside the McCormicks Garlic, Herb, and Wine packet. Place about a half cup of water and mix the wings and seasonings. Cut up some onions and green bell peppers and place them in a skillet about this big
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-c5_PhzBvPE0/UG9wtUH...
or a little bigger. Add olive oil and let that simmer until the chopped onions and bell peppers get nice and brown. Place the wings into the pot with the sauce and let that simmer for about 40 minutes.(Add a little bit of water here and there since the sauce tends to dry out from the vapors.
NEXT
Get Basmati Rice from the grocery store. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_I1gYVzAe7zI/S2QdtX9...
Also get Hawaiian Sweet Bread http://www.couponswithq.com/wp-content/upload... and bake them in the oven for a little while.(REMEMBER TO BUY HONEY AND BUTTER FOR THE BREAD)
After the chicken wings and damn near falling off the bone, place them on top of the cooked basmati rice with the sauce and hot bread. Remember to get a nice glass of white wine/juice/water with lemon. Trust me, your man will love it.
Thank you! I can't wait to use these. I'll tell you how my boyfriend likes it.:)

Level 9

#382 Dec 5, 2013
Good morning to each and all....

I hope everyone slept well.

Level 9

#383 Dec 5, 2013
__jaz__ wrote:
<quoted text>
yea I agree one good snow is all I need.. my friends and I like to slide down the hills and slopes on campus...:)
Now that's some good fun....

Jaz it sounds like both of our states are expecting an ice storm.:(
So be safe...

Level 9

#384 Dec 5, 2013
I'm trying to think of what to cook that will last if the power goes out (God forbid).

I also need to go out and get some charcoal and a couple more boxes of the Insta Bulbs. They really works...

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#385 Dec 5, 2013
MsNewNew wrote:
<quoted text>I'm just a private person and if I was to sum myself up I'll complete this box.:)
Just to add a few... I'm a good godly woman, with a good heart and a good sense of humor and let me include I strive for tranquility.
I am vampiYAH stabB and I approve this^^^ message.

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#386 Dec 5, 2013
__jaz__ wrote:
<quoted text>
[email protected] hill Harper.. have you read any of his books??? I still haven't. maybe I'll download onto my tablet...
I have read "Letters to a Young Brother". I bought "The Wealth Cure", lent it out and never got it back.

I think it's time to get that one BACK!

Level 9

#387 Dec 5, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>I am vampiYAH stabB and I approve this^^^ message.
Good morning and thank you Vamp...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Trims phu see hat 1,602,082
Rickesha burns appreciation thread 13 min THX Slave Stomper 5
This forum is like beating a dead ape... should... 20 min LMR 22
White Desperation on Topix to have Blacks ACCEP... 20 min Harrisson 16
The "Kip" poetry thread REDUX. 21 min THX Slave Stomper 7
The poetry is hitting a nighur nerve... the poe... 25 min THX Slave Stomper 4
My Pum Pum 37 min LMR 27
Why do black men believe anything that strokes ... 3 hr Samantha 47
Their dirty laundry 5 hr New Flava 101
Whitey saves the day again: AIDS cured! 8 hr lemur john bolton 50
More from around the web