Next Last

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#625 Jun 18, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
All jokes aside, does topix have the "ignore feature"?
Ignore feature, that's a joke. I wish they had that.
The Grand Inquisitor

United States

#626 Jun 18, 2014
So, has this stripping of dominance gone anywhere?

Of course not. All talk and no action. That's the black way.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Minneapolis, MN

#627 Jun 18, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
I have no dog in the discussion, but what does Gandhi have to do with hair?
Aw, we have these idiots here who want to claim Gandhi was an anti-African racist. That simply is not true. Whoever started that rumor was doing so out of malice. But they can always find An idiot in this community to pick up a rumor and run with it. Plus, the idiots have no prescience and no investigative skills to check to see it such rumors are based in fact or not. they just want something, anything to gossip about. I think they are paid agents who come here to isolate Africans and sow seeds of divide and conquer. In other words, they are idiots and fools to boot. I get tired of dealing with such fools. But there is a definite need to always challenge such rumors.

Level 8

Minneapolis, MN

#628 Jun 18, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignore feature, that's a joke. I wish they had that.
If they had that or a block icon, 99% of these idiots here would be silenced because no intelligent person want to hear from them

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#629 Jun 18, 2014
I agree, but you can't fix stupid.

(Not unless "Stupid" is the name of your dog, and then the vet can "fix" him.)

Level 8

Minneapolis, MN

#630 Jun 18, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
I agree, but you can't fix stupid.
(Not unless "Stupid" is the name of your dog, and then the vet can "fix" him.)
We certainly need to fix these stupid ones. I hate to think what would happen if we allow them to reproduce stupid. The whole world could be lost.
Afro Asia Latin Mid East

United States

#631 Jun 18, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, we have these idiots here who want to claim Gandhi was an anti-African racist. That simply is not true. Whoever started that rumor was doing so out of malice. But they can always find An idiot in this community to pick up a rumor and run with it. Plus, the idiots have no prescience and no investigative skills to check to see it such rumors are based in fact or not. they just want something, anything to gossip about. I think they are paid agents who come here to isolate Africans and sow seeds of divide and conquer. In other words, they are idiots and fools to boot. I get tired of dealing with such fools. But there is a definite need to always challenge such rumors.
Those who Sow seeds of wars and divisions worldwide among nations, these are greedy Western imperialist with corrupted agendas, stealing raw resources from developing nations/third world nations , inciting nations , and to dividing brothers to wars. They, these idiots should read up on John Perkin, a former US economic hitman talks about how corrupted Western Empires especially US imperialist are cause of many of various wars and dissensions worldwide

Actually the African Zulu nation of South Africa as they revered Gandhi and even Put up Statues of him in remembrance of his great service freeing from Western colonist ruling, therefore Gandhi not racist, where do racist Supermacist crackass get that his racist, these ignorant Crackass trying to divide nations/brothers to wars... evil bunch!

John Stockwell, exCIA official (from his speeches , books...) talks about wars/arms-for-profitering schemes "
It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."
Anonymous

Munster, IN

#632 Jun 18, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Really? Where were Asians during the 60's when blacks were fighting for their civil rights?
Why didn't they align themselves with blacks back then???
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the Asians were in Asia.
Fool, you arwe obviously one ignorantassss idiot. I lived through the 1960s. So, I have direct memory of much that occurred back then. Any informed person would know. As Muhammad Ali said, "Ain't no Asian ever called me the n-word".
In the 1960s China was still very poor having been jacked over by the whites for nearly 100 years. It was called te Century of Humiliation of China. So the Africans and Chinese formed an alliance back then, even before the 1960s, probably as far back as the 1940s.( http://www.lse.ac.uk/ideas/publications/repor... )
When we needed help in terms of fighting Apartheid in South Africa, etc. it was China that gave us money, weapons and military training. Russia also helped. And we consider Russia to be an Asian country. In fact,many Russians, including Putin look just like Chinese.
Most importantly, the Indians under Gandhi were always very close to Africa. Martin Luther King learned how to do his thing from Gandhi. Every informed person knows this. MLK said many, many times that Gandhi taught him. Also, many of the Civil Rights leaders of the 1950s and 1960s were trained in INDIA.
We are very grateful for all that the Asians did for us in those very difficult days and years. We must not forget. And we must not be afraid to tell the world that we are close to Asia because they did so much for us whenever we had conflcit with Europe which was and is often. When Nkrumah and Abd Nasser formed the Non-Alligned Movement, both India and China were right there along our side. In fact, India's Nehru was one of the main leaders of the Non-Alligned Movement ( http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Non-... ) Do you know what Non-Allignment is? MalcolmX spoke of it when he came back from Mecca. It was started by Africans and Asians at Bandung, Indonesia.
All you need to do is a few googlesearches and you can learn a great deal about how closely Asia and Africa workesd together in the 1960s.But most importantly of all, you will learn that there would have never been any Civil Rights Movement if the Asians, particularly the Indians even before Gandhi came on the scene, had not actively helped us in Africa and in the USA. For example, there were several instances back in the 1900s, 1890s and around 1920 when Indians came here and told the white man to stop mistreating blacks.
For example, in the 1950s, India would send diplomats to the USA. Indians are often, usually, very dark in complexion. They would go to a restaurant in the Jin Crow south and be refused service because the whites were so stupid that they thought the Indians were Africans. Of course they have the same complexion as we have. So the white racists would mistreat Indian diplomats. And this is why the whole world was against segregation in the USA before the Civil Rights Movement even got started.
Another examle is the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. Many, many of our leaders were trained by and/or assocuiated with the CPSU. W. E. B. and Shirley Dubois were both members of the CP of China.( http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayA... ) George Padmore was a colonel in the Red Army.) Padmore was Nkrumah's closest comrade when he was fighting aginst British colonialism in Ghana.
Stop talking from ignorance and learn some real African history and learn how closely we in Africa have ALWAYS been tied to Asia ever since history began.
Abdurratln....open the door to Indians, Asians and Gandhi with misinformation.
I had to correct him.
Afro Asia Latin Mid East

United States

#633 Jun 18, 2014
The Black Power Movement and The Asian American Movement

By Evelyn Chen '01

During the 1960s, some of the most prominent advocates for Civil Rights were members of the African American community. However, what is perhaps lesser known are the Asian Americans that aided them and took inspiration from their struggles. One such individual is Yuri Kochiyama,

Level 8

Minneapolis, MN

#634 Jun 18, 2014
Afro Asia Latin Mid East wrote:
<quoted text>Those who Sow seeds of wars and divisions worldwide among nations, these are greedy Western imperialist with corrupted agendas, stealing raw resources from developing nations/third world nations , inciting nations , and to dividing brothers to wars. They, these idiots should read up on John Perkin, a former US economic hitman talks about how corrupted Western Empires especially US imperialist are cause of many of various wars and dissensions worldwide
Actually the African Zulu nation of South Africa as they revered Gandhi and even Put up Statues of him in remembrance of his great service freeing from Western colonist ruling, therefore Gandhi not racist, where do racist Supermacist crackass get that his racist, these ignorant Crackass trying to divide nations/brothers to wars... evil bunch!
John Stockwell, exCIA official (from his speeches , books...) talks about wars/arms-for-profitering schemes "
It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."
Those anti-Gandhi fools sure seem like they are paid by the enemy. Otherwise, their rumor mongering makes no sense at all. Why would any intelligent or educated person spend so much time repeating obvious lies. I mean, one of them complained about the letter Gandhi wrote to Hitler. Gandhi was begging Hitler not to go to war. But those fools tried to make it seem as if Gandhi was Hitler's pal or something. I do not know what they were trying to do. All I know is they were trying to smear Gandhi and discredit Afro-Indian relations. It is ridiculous.

Level 8

Minneapolis, MN

#635 Jun 18, 2014
By Evelyn Chen '01
During the 1960s, some of the most prominent advocates for Civil Rights were members of the African American community. However, what is perhaps lesser known are the Asian Americans that aided them and took inspiration from their struggles. One such individual is Yuri Kochiyama,
"Yuri Kochiyama was born Mary Yuriko Nakahara in 1921 and raised in San Pedro, California, in a small working-class neighborhood. When Pearl Harbor was bombed, the life of Yuri’s family took a turn for the worse. Her father, a first-generation Japanese immigrant, was arrested by the FBI. When President Franklin Roosevelt signed the Executive Order 9066 ordering the removal of persons of Japanese descent from “strategic areas,” Yuri and her family were sent to an internment camp in Jerome, Arkansas. Due to these events, Yuri started seeing the parallels between the treatment of African Americans in Jim Crow South and the incarceration of Japanese Americans in remote internment camps during World War II. Subsequently she decided to devote her life to struggles against racial injustice.

"In 1946, Yuri married Bill Kochiyama, a veteran of the 442nd Regiment. The couple moved to New York City where her political activism would flourish. They had two girls and four boys; most of them would become actively involved in black liberation struggles, the anti-war movement, and the Asian-American movement. In 1960 the family moved to a low-income housing project in Harlem. Yuri and her family invited many civil rights activists, such as the Freedom Riders, to their home gatherings. They also became members of the Harlem Parents Committee, a grassroots organization fighting for safer streets and integrated education. In 1963, Yuri met Malcolm X and they cultivated a friendship that would strongly influence Yuri’s political career. Yuri had been listening to Malcolm’s speech when he was assassinated while speaking to the Organization of Afro-American Unity (OAAU) members. Yuri’s keen interest in equality and justice led her to work for the sake of political prisoners in the U.S. and other parts of the world in her later years. Yuri was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2005 for her tireless struggles against imperialism and racism.

"Yuri Kochiyama died on June 1, 2014 in Berkeley, California. She was 93.
- See more at: http://www.blackpast.org/aah/kochiyama-yuri-1... ;
( http://www.blackpast.org/aah/kochiyama-yuri-1... )

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#636 Jun 19, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yuri Kochiyama was born Mary Yuriko Nakahara in 1921 and raised in San Pedro, California, in a small working-class neighborhood. When Pearl Harbor was bombed, the life of Yuri’s family took a turn for the worse. Her father, a first-generation Japanese immigrant, was arrested by the FBI. When President Franklin Roosevelt signed the Executive Order 9066 ordering the removal of persons of Japanese descent from “strategic areas,” Yuri and her family were sent to an internment camp in Jerome, Arkansas. Due to these events, Yuri started seeing the parallels between the treatment of African Americans in Jim Crow South and the incarceration of Japanese Americans in remote internment camps during World War II. Subsequently she decided to devote her life to struggles against racial injustice.
"In 1946, Yuri married Bill Kochiyama, a veteran of the 442nd Regiment. The couple moved to New York City where her political activism would flourish. They had two girls and four boys; most of them would become actively involved in black liberation struggles, the anti-war movement, and the Asian-American movement. In 1960 the family moved to a low-income housing project in Harlem. Yuri and her family invited many civil rights activists, such as the Freedom Riders, to their home gatherings. They also became members of the Harlem Parents Committee, a grassroots organization fighting for safer streets and integrated education. In 1963, Yuri met Malcolm X and they cultivated a friendship that would strongly influence Yuri’s political career. Yuri had been listening to Malcolm’s speech when he was assassinated while speaking to the Organization of Afro-American Unity (OAAU) members. Yuri’s keen interest in equality and justice led her to work for the sake of political prisoners in the U.S. and other parts of the world in her later years. Yuri was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2005 for her tireless struggles against imperialism and racism.
"Yuri Kochiyama died on June 1, 2014 in Berkeley, California. She was 93.
- See more at: http://www.blackpast.org/aah/kochiyama-yuri-1... ;
( http://www.blackpast.org/aah/kochiyama-yuri-1... )
Good post.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#637 Jun 19, 2014
By Evelyn Chen '01
it's good to learn of Yuri Kochiyama....but Asians who support Blacks are few.
AfroDevilDog

Winston Salem, NC

#640 Jun 27, 2014
"Before May 5, 1895
“In the face, too, of financial operations, the success of which many of their detractors would envy, one fails to understand the agitation which would place the operators in the same category as the half-heathen Native and confine him to Locations, and subject him to the harsher laws by which the Transvaal Kaffir is governed.”~ Vol. I, pp. 224-225"
AfroDevilDog

Winston Salem, NC

#642 Jun 27, 2014
AfroDevilDog

Winston Salem, NC

#643 Jun 27, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
Here is Gandhi's letter to Hitler. Read it and explain to me how it proves Gandhi was a racist: http://www.theguardian.com/culture/interactiv... . All Gandhi did in about 2 paragraph was appeal to Hitler to avoid war. It had nothing at all to do with race.
Oh yeah sure, why kill all those fair skinned people for nothing. He was INSIDE of a country where men' women and children were being murdered and brutalized, yet he's concerned with Hitler and the what he was doing to the Jews? Put ur own foot in ur own mouth. No amount of logic can explain that away, especially when logic is absent.

Level 8

Minneapolis, MN

#644 Jun 27, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
it's good to learn of Yuri Kochiyama....but Asians who support Blacks are few.
The Chinese and Indians have always been allies of Africa. Have you heard of the new power bloc in the world called BRICS? It stand for Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.( http://thediplomat.com/2014/03/why-did-brics-... ) I expect Egypt to be next. Thus are all Asian and African countries..And they are a erious power to reckon with.

Level 8

Minneapolis, MN

#645 Jun 27, 2014
AfroDevilDog wrote:
<quoted text> Oh yeah sure, why kill all those fair skinned people for nothing. He was INSIDE of a country where men' women and children were being murdered and brutalized, yet he's concerned with Hitler and the what he was doing to the Jews? Put ur own foot in ur own mouth. No amount of logic can explain that away, especially when logic is absent.
That was a very short and to the point little letter. And the point was to ask Hitler to avoid war. End of story:

"Dear friend,

"Friends have been urging me to write to you for the sake of humanity. But I have resisted their request, because of the feeling that any letter from me would be an impertinence. Something tells me that I must not calculate and that I must make my appeal for whatever it may be worth.

It is quite clear that you are today the one person in the world who can prevent a war which may reduce humanity to the savage state. Must you pay the price for an object however worthy it may appear to you to be? Will you listen to the appeal of one who has seliberately [sic] shunned the method of war not without considerable success? Any way I anticipate your 'forgiveness, if I have erred in writing to you.

I" remain,
"Your sincere friend
"M.K.Gandhi"
( http://www.theguardian.com/culture/interactiv... )
AfroDevilDog

Winston Salem, NC

#646 Jun 27, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
The Chinese and Indians have always been allies of Africa. Have you heard of the new power bloc in the world called BRICS? It stand for Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.( http://thediplomat.com/2014/03/why-did-brics-... ) I expect Egypt to be next. Thus are all Asian and African countries..And they are a erious power to reckon with.
Are you aware that there will be a shortage of raw materials and resources over the next century? All the major players are getting their ducks in a row. Its def not outta love that they are building infrastructure in Africa. Russia jus made its move to in Crimea and you know who's next in line. They are amassing a force which united will be able to hold off any humanitarian do gooders when the action starts. Africa is rich in mineral and resources that they know will be needed in the future. Why wait and have to compete with the U.S.?

Level 8

Minneapolis, MN

#647 Jun 27, 2014
AfroDevilDog wrote:
<quoted text> Are you aware that there will be a shortage of raw materials and resources over the next century? All the major players are getting their ducks in a row. Its def not outta love that they are building infrastructure in Africa. Russia jus made its move to in Crimea and you know who's next in line. They are amassing a force which united will be able to hold off any humanitarian do gooders when the action starts. Africa is rich in mineral and resources that they know will be needed in the future. Why wait and have to compete with the U.S.?
China was doing business in Africa when the white man was still living in caves in Europe. So was India. I do not know about Russia. But I do not that not one of those BRICS countries has ever been a colonial power. Based on history, the only one I have time to worry about is the white man. I will leave you to worry about China and Russia. Obviously you do not have anything better to do.

You are soooooo dang stupid it makes me sick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min PolakPotrafi 1,208,342
Black Males Targeted Asians And Indians For Hom... 11 min ABM1977 6
Yemen's crisis worsens 14 min selina london 53
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 15 min African AE 112,995
black men love to date fat and ugly white women 19 min Mick 111
Biracial IS NOT black 30 min selina london 559
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 50 min ti amo 2011 122,902
A Bunch of Happy Black Women with Smiles on the... 1 hr johnplustwomore 58
What the hell is going on with black men? 3 hr Tyrone 84
More from around the web