Dr. MARTIN L. KING'S LEGACY & the OCC...

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#7575 Jan 23, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not see the Republicans are any more "totally right wing" than they were under Lincoln who started the GOP. I do not understand how you can manage to distort the truth every time you mention liberalism. You seem somewhat balanced and objective on other occasions. But when it comes to lying for and propagandizing for liberalism you are always off the deep end. I guess liberalism is indeed a mental disease.
"Gay rights" do nothing to help Africans. So why should we go liberal on that? All-Africa is clearly coming out against it. Why not align yourself with the Motherland as opposed to white perverts? Something is seriously wrong with your head, bro. And I am trying real hard to be nice to you.
<quoted text>
Where sis you find that? How can you make such nonsensical statements without any references? I do not think you are honest enough to tell us. I think you are lying as usual.
<quoted text>
Whose making up things? You are starting to get on my effing nerves again. It seems that you are making up lies.
<quoted text>
How do we know you did research on King? You do not seem to know much about him. Give us some citations so that we can have more faith in you. Again, I am trying to be nice to you.
<quoted text>
Where the eff have you been? There is an autobiography by MLK out.
<quoted text>
So? I have been there. But I never even bother to go inside. I had more important things to do such as research Atlanta Life just up the street from there. That helped me to develop my current Economic Development Program for this community. What did you do? Urinate on the sidewalk as if you were in an "Occupy".
That is what really set me off. A whole bunch of so called revolutionaries in the AAPRP got involved in that "Occupy" farcical non-sense. I had a distaste for that idea from the git go because I knew the type of low life scum who were promoting it. I lost all respect for them and broke with the AAPRP for the first time ever. Long Live the Convention People's Party. We just stopped Monsanto. Invest in Ghanaian farming and make a lot of money. We have it going in the CPP. I love it. But do not bother to join us and signup. I do not need to be bothered with your stupid non-sense up close.
<quoted text>
Dang, dude. What makes you think you can say just anything? I am getting mad at you because you have still failed to denounce that Nation of Islam racism that was shot my way a few days ago. I know without any doubt whatsoever that that was enemy work. They killed Malcolm. Where do YOU stand on the murder of Malcolm, sir?
By the way, maybe you shoud READ the AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. Maybe you ought to contact Clayborne Carson, editor of the King Papers, and LEARN something.
If you'd read King's AUTOBIOGAPHY you would have noticed his EXPRESSLY stated sympathy for DEMOCRATIC SOCIAIALISM. He mentions it in a letter to his then fiancee Coretta Scott. He also mentions it in his description of his experience in Scandinavia..
And yes, he does talk about a RADICAL RECISTRIBUTION OF ECONOMIC POWER. If you even watch the DVD called CITIZEN KING he SAYS as much in a mass rally.
At any rate, I've recently finished a book on the philosophical thought of Dr. King--with special emphasis on his moral and sociopolitical thought. Let's just say that I have more than a clue to what he was about.
King's critque of capitalism is all over the place--sometimes implicit, sometime explicit. Perhaps you need to read more.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#7576 Jan 23, 2014
Stag_R_Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
The insights from you--much, much more incisive. And it is the economic repression as well as the racism that we see manifesting itself in ghetto housing, high crime rates and poor education. Thanks for this reply!!!!
Dr. King was very clear that racism and economic opression are intimately, and perhaps inseparably linked/

It remarakable that so many folk just don't get it!

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#7577 Jan 23, 2014
Timothy wrote:
<quoted text>
Michelle Alexander is a married Sister with children.
Abdurratin is as obsessed with homosexuality as Conservatives (of which he is one) have been obsessed by Communists, both real and imagined.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#7578 Jan 23, 2014
Timothy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done a lot of research now on the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. link to pan-Africanism. He agreed with Pan-Africanism 100%. That is a fact. The more I researched this information, the more the evidence is truly overwhelming. He or Dr. King in his Beyond Vietnam 1967 speech wanted folks to support the revolutionary liberation movements in Africa and Asia. He was a leading figure of the ANLCA or the American Negro Leadership Conference on Africa. This group was created to allow African Americans to work with sub-Saharan Africa. The ANLCA rejoiced in the African nations being liberated from colonialists and wicked European imperialists. Dr. King supported Nnamdi Azikiwe in Nigeria. Dr. King publicly opposed apartheid that existed in South Africa and he praised the great pan-Africanist Marcus Garvey. He and his wife Coretta Scott King laid a wreath at the shrine of Marcus Garvey. Dr. King wanted to work with Dr. Nbadiwe to resolve the Nigeria-Biafra civil war situation in 1968 just before Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was unfortunately assassinated. Dr. King respected Kwame Ture as a man. Dr. King always respected black self determination and said that Black is Beautiful. Now, Dr. Martin Luther King wanted workers rights, he agreed with reparations, and he loved economic plus social justice. Still, Dr. King loved black people and believed in black liberation too. So, he was pro-pan Africanist to the fullest. I respect many of your views and I respect many of Savant’s views too. I wish both of you Brothers can bury the conflict, but if not, then it is what it is. I want to make my views here known since the record need to be shown about Dr. King’s pro-pan Africanist views.
A lot of Black people--Kign included--found great inspiration in the struggle for African Liberation. I don't see that as a point at issue.
Stag_R_Lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#7579 Jan 23, 2014
Ish Tov wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load this is. An attempt to justify terrorism by Moslems.
Nobody was bombing Moslems when the campaign of terrorism against Jews began in the 1920's.
State terror---committed daily by every Moslem govt on the planet.
..

True, but that--as you say--was the 1920s. May I be the first to invite you to the Twenty First Century. Take a good look and see for your self. Not a single Muslim nation launches a drone. Has never happened.
.
By the way, check out the Goldstone Report, authorized by the United Nations, and dealing with the Israeli incursion into Gaza.
.
http://www.ungoldstonereport.com
.

Level 8

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

#7580 Jan 23, 2014
Stag_R_Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
No! A dominant group, by nature of the relationship, cannot accuse a subordinate group of ethnic hatred. This would only be possible when the dominant group takes stock of the actual relationship, the hidden underbelly, that exists then eliminates the true cause. In the U.S., to make an extreme point, police --and now others-- can shoot and kill a Black person with impunity. If the reverse happens, it's front page news in the white controlled press. "Criminals!" "Savages!"
.
NO, Black reaction is NOT hatred or "racism."......
Excellent points to be sure, brother Stag_R_Lee... but beware of a brand new account from an old-time troll trying to jerk the chains of veteran Topix-AA posters.

This "KingLam" joker has an account dated January 2014. You know what I think of "conincidences" like that. lol
Timothy

Norfolk, VA

#7582 Jan 23, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> A lot of Black people--Kign included--found great inspiration in the struggle for African Liberation. I don't see that as a point at issue.
I agree with you. It is important to fight the corrupt cartel-capitalism system harming the poor, other minorities, and black people. Imperialism, poverty, racism, and discrimination are ills that we have the right to oppose.

“I have a brain,I try to use it”

Since: Jan 14

<3London<3 <3Denmark<3

#7583 Jan 24, 2014
FlowFighter wrote:
<quoted text>
shut up fa*ghg*ot..
you've no clue whatsoever as to what MLK would have thought about today's situation AND how things got to this point
A-S-H-A-M-E-D- he would be if he was still alive today

ashamed

“I have a brain,I try to use it”

Since: Jan 14

<3London<3 <3Denmark<3

#7584 Jan 24, 2014
Stag_R_Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
No! A dominant group, by nature of the relationship, cannot accuse a subordinate group of ethnic hatred. This would only be possible when the dominant group takes stock of the actual relationship, the hidden underbelly, that exists then eliminates the true cause. In the U.S., to make an extreme point, police --and now others-- can shoot and kill a Black person with impunity. If the reverse happens, it's front page news in the white controlled press. "Criminals!" "Savages!"
.
NO, Black reaction is NOT hatred or "racism." It's a realistic response to oppression. It's a direct consequence of the hatred built into the relationship by the dominant group. In terms of U.S. foreign policy, another example, the United States and others bomb and kill Muslims daily, but the moment a Muslim fights back or even publicly denounces "state terror", s/he gets branded a "terrorist" then hunted down and , tortured or murdered.
There is no more oppression, it's over!

What I don't understand is a president being voted in twice because he is black (or half black- people tend to forget this)
Stag_R_Lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#7585 Jan 24, 2014
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent points to be sure, brother Stag_R_Lee... but beware of a brand new account from an old-time troll trying to jerk the chains of veteran Topix-AA posters.
This "KingLam" joker has an account dated January 2014. You know what I think of "conincidences" like that. lol
Thanks Harrisson. Your guidance is always a bonus for me. I suppose my chain is more easily jerked than others. LOL

Ish Tov
Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#7586 Jan 24, 2014
Stag_R_Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
..
True, but that--as you say--was the 1920s. May I be the first to invite you to the Twenty First Century. Take a good look and see for your self. Not a single Muslim nation launches a drone. Has never happened.
.
By the way, check out the Goldstone Report, authorized by the United Nations, and dealing with the Israeli incursion into Gaza.
.
http://www.ungoldstonereport.com
.
The present cannot be understood without understanding the past. By your thinking, we should study WW2 but ignore Pearl Harbor and the German invasion of Poland!

It doesn't work that way.

Israel has only responded to murderous genocidal provocation by the “Palestinians”. Hundreds of rockets shot out of Gaza (usually from behind schools and hospitals), and you complain that the Jews dare defend themselves!

What a despicable stinking lowlife piece of dung antisemite you are, boy!
MILINT Earth Day

Knysna, South Africa

#7588 Jan 28, 2014
‘Organized violence (whether by official nation state military or dissident guerrilla warfare terrorists) warfare is an extension of political warfare, by other means. Political warfare is an extension of economic warfare, by other means. Military, political and economic warfare are the resource-thieving warfare consequences of citizens living in tribes and nations whose social contracts -- inalienable right to breed and consume indulgence for sale constitutions with total disregard for ecological resource carrying capacity limits -- are based upon international Flat Earth social contract jurisprudence.’ - amended quote of Carl von Clausewitz, ‘On War’.

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#7589 Jan 28, 2014
Stag_R_Lee wrote:
<quoted text>No! A dominant group, by nature of the relationship, cannot accuse a subordinate group of ethnic hatred.
A dominate group can accuse a subordinate group of ressentiment, whether or not you want to call that hatred. And ressentiment certainly describes your attitude, as well as that of Savant and even MLK.

Ish Tov
Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#7590 Jan 29, 2014
Dr. King today would most certainly be opposed to the intense class warfare practiced against the people, the majority, by the 1% since Reaganomics enabled corporate hegemony and the deregulation of even their most sordid greed.

Now they make profits by busting U$A Unions, using 3rd world sweatshop labor, and manipulating the public with failed education and dumbing-down media, all of which they control, just as they control Congress.

It's a repeat of the 1920's... and it is time we return to a time of less inequality, as in the 50's-70's, when the country functioned so much better and the people were so much happier.

Reaganomics must be completely repealed and the upper tax rate brought back up to a sane level, such as 90%.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#7591 Jan 30, 2014
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
A dominate group can accuse a subordinate group of ressentiment, whether or not you want to call that hatred. And ressentiment certainly describes your attitude, as well as that of Savant and even MLK.
One day I will share with people some of the work of philosopher George Yancy, a thinker who ilustrates that WHITE RACISM isa venomous form of ressentiment, in ways resembling the description of ressentiment by both Nietzsche and Scheler.
In my own critiques of racism I have emphasize fallse consciousness and le mauvaise foi. But I think Yancy is onto something. Moreover, some analyses of whitenss or at least white racism shows an interesting similarity between anti-Black racism and the anti-Semitism which Sartre critiqies in ANTI-SEMITE AND JEW (or Le Question Juive).

There are many colorful examples of this in Topix and (sadly) in "real time".

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#7592 Jan 30, 2014
Ish Tov wrote:
Dr. King today would most certainly be opposed to the intense class warfare practiced against the people, the majority, by the 1% since Reaganomics enabled corporate hegemony and the deregulation of even their most sordid greed.
Now they make profits by busting U$A Unions, using 3rd world sweatshop labor, and manipulating the public with failed education and dumbing-down media, all of which they control, just as they control Congress.
It's a repeat of the 1920's... and it is time we return to a time of less inequality, as in the 50's-70's, when the country functioned so much better and the people were so much happier.
Reaganomics must be completely repealed and the upper tax rate brought back up to a sane level, such as 90%.
At some point I must tallk about some tactics ans strategies King intended to apply in the Poor Peoples Campaign in the spring and summer of 1968. Too bad he didn't live long enough to pull it off. he was increasingly talking about the idea of REVOLUTONARY NONVIOLENCE because he was now seeking some much beyond the eradication of Jim Crow laws.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#7593 Jan 30, 2014
Timothy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. It is important to fight the corrupt cartel-capitalism system harming the poor, other minorities, and black people. Imperialism, poverty, racism, and discrimination are ills that we have the right to oppose.
Yes, I think King would agree. In fact, he mainly uses milder and more Christian language to talk about overcoming the ravages of capitalism in the BELOVED COMMUNITY.

That's partly why some people on the right claim that he was a Communist--conveniently ignoring his critique of BOTH capitalism and Communism

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#7594 Jan 30, 2014
TheKingIam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no more oppression, it's over!
What I don't understand is a president being voted in twice because he is black (or half black- people tend to forget this)
Oppression of Blacks and whites and Latins and others,are RAMPANT and built into the structure of the social order.
But MOST Black people are AWARE of this while most whites are still in a fog (though some are coming out and opening their damned eyes--finally!)

Ish Tov
Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#7595 Jan 30, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
At some point I must tallk about some tactics ans strategies King intended to apply in the Poor Peoples Campaign in the spring and summer of 1968. Too bad he didn't live long enough to pull it off. he was increasingly talking about the idea of REVOLUTONARY NONVIOLENCE because he was now seeking some much beyond the eradication of Jim Crow laws.
We'd barely regained our composure from King's death when Bobby was shot. Imagine RFK in the White House... even without King, we'd have kicked butt.

When will all of this be really investigated? Who really killed MLK, RFK, JFK, John Lennon, etc.?

I just saw a good film by Robert Reich about inequality. He shows how certain graphs correlate:

tax rates on the rich
income inequality
Union membership

Things were best for the works 1948-78. The patterns observed 1979-present match exactly those of the 1920's, and we all know how that ended up.

This is the hook for the next revolutionary wave: income inequality!

minimum wage
affordable education
tax rates for the rich
war on drugs/prison-industrial complex for the poor

Right now... start looking at 2014 elections. If there's a Republiscum in your House district, or the risk that one might win the seat... CAMPAIGN HARD for the Democrat!

NO MORE TEA PARTY!!!

Ish Tov
Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#7596 Jan 30, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> Oppression of Blacks and whites and Latins and others,are RAMPANT and built into the structure of the social order.
But MOST Black people are AWARE of this while most whites are still in a fog (though some are coming out and opening their damned eyes--finally!)
A national campaign to debunk the lying propagandists of the right is in order...

Faux News
Rush Limbaugh

Push the lies back into their faces!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Reality Check 1,657,671
Yisraelite Supremacist claims to be ex gay 13 min White 1
Sean Hannity is reading the transcripts 15 min Cant Escape DESTINY 24
YS delves deeper... 15 min White 10
each year 200,000,000 white women travel to afr... (May '15) 17 min Cant Escape DESTINY 26
White boy racists btfo 20 min Yisraelite Suprem... 5
Blacks never say anything factual 21 min Cant Escape DESTINY 6
MASTER IM WHITE fails at Everything!!! 2 hr Harrisson 29
Leftoids Are Mentally Ill 4 hr Joy 63
Why don't black people just brag about Nubia? 9 hr WitoldPilecki 234
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 9 hr Karenna S 1,615
More from around the web