Can a black girl be country?
Abby

Norfolk, VA

#43 Jun 30, 2014
I live in the city never lived in the country but I love everything about the country, im african american I love country music and cowgirl boots...etc I love it all but im nervous to wear cowgirl boots because of my race plus I live in the city, what it be wrong to wear country things in the city.. Not races but I see alot of white people dressing as they say "black" but would be bad or wrong if I wore cowgirl boots in the city???
Cha

United States

#44 Jun 30, 2014
_Country_Girl11 wrote:
I live in the country and have been for going on 4 years now . I have alot of friends that are country and I love going horse back riding , muddin', fishin', diggin' for frogs and even huntin' with some. I dress country a lot and everyone says I talk country. &' Loveeeeeee Country Music Especially Luke Bryan( ; <3 But all of my black friends say I'm just trying to "act white" and that black people can't be country . I never knew you could "act white" or "act black" isn't it more of a race than an "attitude"!?
Well those are sure some ignorant blackpeople or white people who would say that. Blackpeople lived in the deep south since they were brought here by force in 'chains' and sold on the 'biding' block.
Yeah, we have A LOT of country southern born BLACK AFRICAN AMERICANS; we aint just up NORTH, EAST, and WEST yuh know.

So listen to your country music girl!' Shanya Twain' is what's up!
Just as people from other groups listen to African American- Soul, R&B, Rap, jazz, blues, Gospel, Neo Soul, ecetera- feel free! Be you.

Mi gentes de negro vive todo partes-de el mundo.
Sin duda, He aqui la verdad !!!!

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#45 Jun 30, 2014
Abby wrote:
I live in the city never lived in the country but I love everything about the country, im african american I love country music and cowgirl boots...etc I love it all but im nervous to wear cowgirl boots because of my race plus I live in the city, what it be wrong to wear country things in the city.. Not races but I see alot of white people dressing as they say "black" but would be bad or wrong if I wore cowgirl boots in the city???
Do what you do baby,and don't let anyone discourage you!
Cha

United States

#46 Jun 30, 2014
Giggs wrote:
As an outsider looking into American culture.....
If you actually need to ask yourself these sort of questions I feel sorry for you.
Well, you said you were an 'outsider' looking in; so-what would you know and/or grasp the 'gest' of the actual MEANING behind the asking of the question.
Only an insider can understand her concerns in reference to her question.
Jessi

Lexington, NC

#47 Aug 18, 2014
I'm from South Carolina & trust me it doesn't matter what color you are, to be country is in your heart and there's nothing you can do to get rid of it. It's a part of you. I'm black & ppl say the same things about me. But I really don't care what they have to say because at the end of the day "they can't me happy, and they can't make me sad" UNLESS I give them the power to do it. So be yourself, everybody else is taken :) &#127872;&#128098; &#128150;
lukebryan12

New Caney, TX

#48 Mar 21, 2015
okay good so am not alone here becaue everyone thinks that if u black u are gangsta
Ty_B

Knoxville, TN

#49 May 25, 2015
Yeah cause im black and i love: country and bluegrass music, pickups with lift kits and huge engines, and different types of tea flavors so what if your black and you love some of these things
Ty_B

Knoxville, TN

#50 May 25, 2015
Plus my mama says your just a country boy: Because I like swimming in lakes, fishing, I want to go hunting and muddin
T-BOS

Toronto, Canada

#51 May 25, 2015
The South lost. Get over it. I like Southern Black dudes though. Oi!

“Hunde kala e saa'i mun”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#53 May 26, 2015
I'm sure they can be especially if they are from states like Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Georgia, Texas, Mississippi, Tennessee, etc. etc.
go pick my cotton

Virginia Beach, VA

#54 Sep 3, 2015
you can't just wake up one morning and say I want to be country, I'm born and raised in the south and I see blacks trying to be country talking about country music and all that. Country isn't in your closet it's in your jeans and I'm not talkin denim
PATRIOT DVC MOLON LABE

Huatulco, Mexico

#55 Sep 3, 2015
It doesnt get any better than sitting in a boat or on the bank of a Southern River jerking bluegill and white perch with a fine black gal thats country. Ive taken black women yo-yoing trot lining hunting for squirrel ducks deer and wild hogs. But some of the best times was listening to my pack of treeing walkers and blueticks go after those coons all night. We used to get some strange looks climbing out of my 4x4. And anybody that thinks a AA woman cant be country has been watching too much ghetto garbage tv or grew up on the concrete hahaha.
Being true country isnt a color thing.
BEING COUNTRY MATTERS
Fabulous

United States

#56 Sep 3, 2015
Hell yeah!

I'm country to the bone, born and raised in the country with eleven sisters and brothers. Four boys and seven girls, out of the eleven, I'm number nine. Daddy didn't make a difference, when it came to shooting, hunting or anything country he made sure his girls could do it too, ESPECIALLY shooting. He couldn't stand the thought of his girls dating boys, but he loved fantasizing about us shooting one. And he knew I was one that would, lol. I love living in the south, and where I live you can't get no southern. The thing about black southern women is , we do it all! Cook, clean, work, hunt, shoot, motorcycles, I love racing cars....you name it. And we're sexy the whole time we're doing it.
miscel

Norway

#57 Sep 3, 2015
country is a culture not a race. black people can therefore be country.
T-BOS

Toronto, Canada

#58 Sep 3, 2015
go pick my cotton wrote:
you can't just wake up one morning and say I want to be country, I'm born and raised in the south and I see blacks trying to be country talking about country music and all that. Country isn't in your closet it's in your jeans and I'm not talkin denim
"Genes" you stupid redneck hillbilly uneducated white man.
Hellywood

Panama City, FL

#59 Sep 3, 2015
The angry black male and his insecure pathology are very dangerous. The uneducated and frustrated BM is a real problem in society though luckily, only very few, especially in America, hold any real power or authority.
Imgreat

Schenectady, NY

#60 Sep 3, 2015
Ewww lol! I can't stand southern accents or lifestyle. Nothing personal
its just annoying and gross.
PATRIOT DVC MOLON LABE

Juchitan, Mexico

#61 Sep 4, 2015
Imgreat wrote:
Ewww lol! I can't stand southern accents or lifestyle. Nothing personal
its just annoying and gross.
Same thang we all think about you weirdos.
hmm

Aurora, CO

#62 Sep 4, 2015
usually if they are country they hate black men and love white c0ck
Yaradua

Antioch, CA

#63 Sep 4, 2015
Many blacks are country

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Joy 1,564,560
The worlds greatest scientist Nikola Tesla was ... 5 min Got_Rope 2
BM is mad b/c white girls don't like him. (Jan '15) 10 min T-BOS 764
Can Blacks Be Impartial And Trusted Enough To ... 10 min The Power Of Mast... 16
Is OJ well endowed? 14 min The Definable Axe 3
Did you ever stand up to your Dad 19 min Paul Sr 8
Why Are White People So Obsessed with O.J. Simp... 25 min Paul Sr 79
Savages downplayed in the Media 29 min The Power Of Mast... 82
RAW VIDEO: Teens Heckle Drowning Man 36 min Paul Sr 58
Dan Snow: OJ is still so handsome. 49 min Cigar Face 26 36
More from around the web