Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Parrish, FL

#1 Jun 13, 2012
I live in the country and have been for going on 4 years now . I have alot of friends that are country and I love going horse back riding , muddin', fishin', diggin' for frogs and even huntin' with some. I dress country a lot and everyone says I talk country. &' Loveeeeeee Country Music Especially Luke Bryan( ; <3 But all of my black friends say I'm just trying to "act white" and that black people can't be country . I never knew you could "act white" or "act black" isn't it more of a race than an "attitude"!?

Level 3

Location hidden

#2 Jun 13, 2012
You Ol' Black Redneck Lol j/k.

Level 6

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 13, 2012
yes

Level 1

Parrish, FL

#4 Jun 13, 2012
_BlackDevil_ wrote:
You Ol' Black Redneck Lol j/k.
Thats What My Mama Calls Me( ;

Level 1

Parrish, FL

#6 Jun 13, 2012
GhostRider600RR wrote:
<quoted text>
i know plenty of country bw but imo country is about the same as ghetto as far as how they act and talk.
when a white person sounds country its not the same as when a black person does. you describe yourself as more white than country, but i could still get along with a black girl who liked doing that because i like most of that too. and i love rissi palmer :)
True True . And yeaa i've noticed the difference from when my white friends and me are talking country .. not much but its still noticeable( ; &' OMG ... iLovee Rissi Palmer To .! Shes Amazing<3

Level 3

Location hidden

#7 Jun 13, 2012
_Country_Girl11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats What My Mama Calls Me( ;
My friends call me black devil.

Level 1

Parrish, FL

#9 Jun 13, 2012
_BlackDevil_... Why Is That .?

Level 3

Location hidden

#10 Jun 13, 2012
_Country_Girl11 wrote:
_BlackDevil_... Why Is That .?
Because I'm evil, full of hate, completely heartless, resent God, lack empathy, etc.

Also, a lot of my past actions (which I won't state) gave people a reason to label me Black Devil.

Level 1

Parrish, FL

#11 Jun 13, 2012
_BlackDevil_: Wow , I see now .!
GeorgiaPeach

Tuscaloosa, AL

#12 Dec 23, 2012
Girl, I am African American, I live in Georgia and Iove country music. I love Jason Aldean, Eric Church, lady antebellum, Luke Bryan, George Strait hell I love them all. I like jacked up trucks, and country boys. They turn me the hell on haha don't be ashamed of what you like, being country ain't about where you from it's your attitude. Typical black folks are gonna say you act white just because you ain't running around dressing like a hotchie mama in a rap video. I listen to rap I like j.cole and Lil noisier but dear lord you won't catch me dressing like a video hoe. Not stereotyping cause not all black women half dress just the silly ones
GeorgiaPeach

Tuscaloosa, AL

#13 Dec 23, 2012
Oh yeah im a girl too. But anyway do you. I love country music, I Just recently 2 years ago have it a try cause I got tired of hearing the same ole crap that our young men kill themselves over. I love it. I can sing along. It fits me. Country boys are gentlemans I love them too. Im not racist nor discriminate
Grown

United States

#14 Dec 23, 2012
Sure why not? Black Americans mostly live in the south. The idea that someone has to live in a large city to be Black is ludicrous. It was only when it was easier to get jobs in the northern states ( due to discrimination ) did Black Americans emigrate to the North. Now that hiring policies have relaxed in southern states and the jobs are more plentiful these days in the south many are moving back down here.
Camoprincess

Dalton, GA

#15 Jan 29, 2013
Well I guess that makes you country, to me, gigging frogs, sittin in a tree stand itchin the first blood of the season, catching the big mouth bass, shootin my guns , driving my jeep wearing my camo, hearing ol charlie pride and loretta lynn, coon hunting, well I grew up with that. I am black, lived in georgia my whole life. Grew up backwoods, staying backwoods. Proud FFA member, you know the drill! Be you. Just be you.
Marissa

Hornell, NY

#16 Feb 27, 2013
I love country and being country to death. but people say i cant be because im black. But i dont think it matters right? its whats in the heart that counts i mean i know who/what i am and i am proud of it. I dont dress country though because im kind of broke to buy anything right now :/.
~ Country, is country strong ~
allthembrothers

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Feb 27, 2013
,,,,sup babi,

,,get u fine a$$ in a CAPRICE on 20s,,,,put them sticker in them window,,,,BACK OFF FORD BOY THIS A CHEVY GAL,,,,,,
,then u fin2 had been real cuountry,,
Take it from me

Tuscaloosa, AL

#18 Feb 27, 2013
Marissa wrote:
I love country and being country to death. but people say i cant be because im black. But i dont think it matters right? its whats in the heart that counts i mean i know who/what i am and i am proud of it. I dont dress country though because im kind of broke to buy anything right now :/.
~ Country, is country strong ~
Girl I'm black and I'm born and raised in Georgia. I love country music, trucks and sweet tea.It's all about whats in your heart baby doll. You don't need all those things I described. Those who say you cant because your black are indeed subcluded to their own surrounding. Just cause your black don't mean you gotta love rap or something. I don't jusg sayinh
Take it from me

Tuscaloosa, AL

#19 Feb 27, 2013
*just saying
Take it from me

Tuscaloosa, AL

#20 Feb 27, 2013
allthembrothers wrote:
,,,,sup babi,
,,get u fine a$$ in a CAPRICE on 20s,,,,put them sticker in them window,,,,BACK OFF FORD BOY THIS A CHEVY GAL,,,,,,
,then u fin2 had been real cuountry,,
Don't understand this ^^^^^^ at all.????

“Proceed with caution”

Level 1

Since: Oct 11

Richmond TX

#21 Feb 27, 2013
Of course a Black girl can be country & there is nothing wrong with that. People always try to put Black people in one category & stereotype & generalize. We are very diverse & different from each other.

“Proceed with caution”

Level 1

Since: Oct 11

Richmond TX

#22 Feb 27, 2013
Take it from me wrote:
<quoted text>Don't understand this ^^^^^^ at all.????
He doesn't understand it either LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min ReplaceGOP 1,578,893
What Race Has Best Fighters, Non-blacks Or Blacks? 5 min the boundaries of... 5
Whites Losing Their Biggest Privilege: Ability ... 5 min Alert 17
I'm opening up a 'custom' rope store. For all y... 6 min Hashtag THX 8
Child Sexual Abuse Rampant in Black Community (May '12) 20 min the boundaries of... 445
Old white men with younger black women (May '11) 23 min rickyricardo 145
Poll True or False: Blacks can survive without whites? (Mar '16) 25 min Fun Facts 8
What the 6,000 man White Nationalist rally mean... 1 hr JIM CROW IS BACK 55
Cavebeasts of Topix 1 hr Dan Snow 22
Baltimore/Ferguson vs. Charlottesville 6 hr a jig is a tool 51
Why Are White People On A Black Forum? 6 hr a jig is a tool 18
More from around the web