Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's Future"

There are 20 comments on the Sep 24, 2012, Booker Rising story titled Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's Future". In it, Booker Rising reports that:

The From Catholic Online : "Adding to the argument that abortion threatens one sector of American society over others, Catherine Davis, president of The Restoration Project, pointed out to the great racial disparity of women currently getting abortions." The article continues: "Davis said that according to the Centers for Disease Control, ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Booker Rising.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#5392 May 30, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
You can say that knowing you'll never be forced to go through a pregnancy.
I'd say human life is sacred even if I were forced to go through pregnancy. Morality isn't defined by gender; advocating women murder their unborn children is evil no matter your sex.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#5393 May 30, 2014
Awaken504 wrote:
<quoted text>I see a lot of opinion yet no facts at all.
Hello lamppost,
What cha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.

Got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#5394 May 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'd say human life is sacred even if I were forced to go through pregnancy. Morality isn't defined by gender; advocating women murder their unborn children is evil no matter your sex.
Well, it if ever happens, let us know.

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#5395 May 31, 2014
Awaken504 wrote:
Once again someone wants to argue a point yet they don't even know the point that they are arguing. Margaret Sanger hated minorities. This is fact. The quotes are on the link I sent you as well as the link you sent me. Read what is there and not what you want to be there.
"we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population.."
I took this quote from the same link that you sent me. Please research the negro project.
I never said Sanger supported abortion. Not once did I say that. What I said was she supported the extermination of the poor, uneducated, genetically inferior, feeble-minded, etc.... Just who did she consider to fit these qualifications is the question to ask. If making an attempt to force sterilization upon a race of people so they can die off is no longer racist then I'm not sure what is. This is certainly what she strived for. We can offer our opinions on abortion all day long but the racial views of Margaret Sanger are not up for debate.
“While I personally believe in the sterilization of the feeble-minded, the insane and syphilitic, I have not been able to discover that these measures are more than superficial deterrents when applied to the constantly growing stream of the unfit. They are excellent means of meeting a certain phase of the situation, but I believe in regard to these, as in regard to other eugenic means, that they do not go to the bottom of the matter.”(“Birth Control and Racial Betterment,” Feb. 1919, The Birth Control Review).
“Eugenics without birth control seems to us a house builded upon the sands. It is at the mercy of the rising stream of the unfit”(“Birth Control and Racial Betterment,” Feb. 1919, The Birth Control Review).
And yet again you fail to read the whole paragraph. So typical of the anti choice illiterates. Margaret Sanger was a target of the religious right (Anthony Comstock) then as she remains now!

Sanger, 1939: The minister’s work is also important and he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/11/cains-false-...

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#5396 May 31, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'd say human life is sacred even if I were forced to go through pregnancy. Morality isn't defined by gender; advocating women murder their unborn children is evil no matter your sex.
No surprise! And since you never will be FORCED to carry an unwanted pregnancy against your will and best interests you like the rest of the "cowards" are quite comfortable in your willingness to force women/girls. Sniveling coward is exactly what you are Brian.

Now proceed ahead with your whiney nasal tone crying about being insulted, when you insult our intelligence.

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#5397 May 31, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
\

Nobody is advocating that.
And if you ever get pregnant, give birth.

Since: Apr 14

New Orleans, LA

#5398 Jun 1, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you ever decide to get an abortion or get info about birth control, don't go there.
<quoted text>
You're paranoid, but you still have a right say what you want.
They have contacted me, but never suggested I use birth control or get an abortion.
<quoted text>
I know of no evidence at all that PP is now racially targeting black people for their demise.
http://aclj.org/abortion/race- sex-based-discrimination-illeg al-except-abortion
http://www.liveaction.org/the-planned-parenth...
http://www.abort73.com/abortion/abortion_and_...
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/10/16/79-of-plan...
Maybe it's just a coincidence that this was the goal of this organization from it's foundation and now it has come to fruition? They certainly couldn't be racist now though. Right?

New Orleans, LA

#5399 Jun 1, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave the laws? The 55 mph speed limit? Why did he change it from 65? Why did he create marijuana just to outlaw it? And why did he wait until 1937?
Which culture did god give us? In NoHo alone there are several. I'll walk down the street and see people wearing yarmulkes, head scarves, jeans just about ready to fall of of their (cute little) butts, and business suits.
God gave His laws to Israel. I wasn't talking about the laws of America. He is certainly not the God of this place.

New Orleans, LA

#5400 Jun 1, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
When she used the term "birth control" she clearly didn't mean the same thing people who use the term today mean. She was talking about preventing people from reproducing, regardless of their desires.
Most importantly, PP isn't attempting to force people to get sterilized now.
The keyword in your post is "now". So you admit that they have performed and pushed forced sterilization in the past. Now without any proof that it has ceased you wish to give them a clean slate?

New Orleans, LA

#5401 Jun 1, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe in Jesus?
<quoted text>
That doesn't mean they weren't intelligent. Intelligence and morality are as unrelated as height and morality.
Of course I believe in the Man that we call "Jesus". I just don't want to be confused with a follower of the false religion of Christianity.
Please, the word morality should not even be used in the same discussion when talking about the founding fathers of this country. So you wish to defend their intelligence? Since when was it considered being intelligent to rape women, murder children for sport, enslave an entire nation, steal land that doesn't belong to you, etc.? If this is intelligence then I pray to be mentally handicap.

New Orleans, LA

#5402 Jun 1, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
As an atheist, I do not believe in your god or ant other, and refuse to follow the tenets of ant religion. My love for this country is as great as anyone else's.
The pledge of allegiance doesn't make you love or respect this country any more than you already do, and the "under god" portion is divisive.
No, the founders did not, at least on their own. Slavery and taking land from the natives was already established long before this nation came into existence in the 1780's Intelligence does not preclude a difference in ethics or beliefs. Originally, most of the founders wanted to abolish slavery, but would have lost the southern colonies, making independence impossible. Politics is the art of the possible, not the perfect.
<quoted text>
Well we have a couple things in common. I don't follow any religion either and I certainly love my nation of people(not a country though).
So are you stating that the founders took a different path and strayed away from stealing land or having slaves? Surely you're not suggesting that.
Perhaps you should look at what the word intelligence means, then you can look at what actions the founders took. THEN let's decided if they line up with one another. I have and I just can't seem to make a connection.
Actually, the founders, all the while having slaves of their own, couldn't care less about slavery. They only cared about the Union. What went on with slavery was never an issue of importance to them. What ever had to be done to keep the Union trumped all. In other words, they could still have "legal" slavery as it was back then in 2014. It makes no difference as long as the Union still stands.

New Orleans, LA

#5403 Jun 1, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet again you fail to read the whole paragraph. So typical of the anti choice illiterates. Margaret Sanger was a target of the religious right (Anthony Comstock) then as she remains now!
Sanger, 1939: The minister’s work is also important and he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.
http://www.factcheck.org/2011/11/cains-false-...
I'm sorry, I think you forgot to include the actual point you wanted to make in your post.

New Orleans, LA

#5404 Jun 1, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
"we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population.."--Right; she didn't want the wrong idea going around.
You seem to think that she invented american eugenics, and that's far from the case. It was a common belief that the poor were poor because of intelletual or physical inferiority. It wasn't aime4d at blacks, and most of her work was with poor women in white tenement areas. The theory is wrong, of course, but the idea that maybe poor people shouldn't be pumping out kids they can't feed or raise properly is entirely sound.
BTW--you don'r decide what is up for debate.
<quoted text>
Hhmmmm.... last I checked, I do decide what I choose to debate or not.
Thank you for clearing up her statement for her, but perhaps if she wanted to say "wrong idea", she would have. Give me a minute, I am going to clear up some of Malcom X's comments that were taken out of context as well. He actually loved "white" people. He just forgot a few words sometimes.
If the haves can tell the have nots they can't reproduce, what's going to stop the "intelligent"(accord ing to some of the posters here), from telling the unintelligent the same, or the so called "whites" from telling the "non whites" also? Once the door is opened....
NialECa

UK

#5405 Jun 1, 2014
I am all for Abortion as long as its Black Gals doing the aborting. The world does not need more Blacks. Also if they have those kids, who is going to take care of them. Raising kids is expensive and most Blacks are poor. The more Blacks being born mean the more government will have to pay to raise them. Blacks can't take care of themselves so their best option is to abort.

My question to the Pro Life People is, "Once the kid is born are you going to raise and pay for it."

New Orleans, LA

#5406 Jun 1, 2014
NialECa wrote:
I am all for Abortion as long as its Black Gals doing the aborting. The world does not need more Blacks. Also if they have those kids, who is going to take care of them. Raising kids is expensive and most Blacks are poor. The more Blacks being born mean the more government will have to pay to raise them. Blacks can't take care of themselves so their best option is to abort.
My question to the Pro Life People is, "Once the kid is born are you going to raise and pay for it."
To answer your question, yes I am and you are too. We don't have a choice. That is how the system is set up. Now can I ask you a question? Who pays to take care of the rich? All of your politicians? Who pays their ridiculous salaries? Even if they serve one term, who takes care of them and their families for life? Pays their insurance? Who pays for the greedy? Those who wish to go fight wars and kill people? Who pays for that? The list goes on. The system has you focused on one of the groups taking the smallest piece of the pie while the real ones getting over on the masses continue to rob us blind. Nevermind that though, you just keep focusing on those darn blacks! Maybe you won't be able to reproduce either once they make their way around to the unintelligent.

New Orleans, LA

#5407 Jun 1, 2014
NialECa wrote:
Ever feel like you've been lied to? http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/...
Yet with your strong feelings towards "blacks", do you really think that America would crash trying to support a people that many of our politicians share your sentiments about? Let's not be foolish. So if your fears are having to support a certain race, perhaps you should campaign to abort as many "white" babies as possible. Now that would relieve some pressure on the budget.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#5408 Jun 1, 2014
So Sanger should have just ignored the suffering and early deaths of poor, sickly women? Because THAT was her purpose.
Awaken504 wrote:
<quoted text> http://aclj.org/abortion/race-sex-based-discr...
http://www.liveaction.org/the-planned-parenth...
http://www.abort73.com/abortion/abortion_and_...
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/10/16/79-of-plan...
Maybe it's just a coincidence that this was the goal of this organization from it's foundation and now it has come to fruition? They certainly couldn't be racist now though. Right?

Level 1

Indianapolis

#5409 Jun 1, 2014
Damn right! We're a secular nation and we're going to stay that way.
Awaken504 wrote:
<quoted text>God gave His laws to Israel. I wasn't talking about the laws of America. He is certainly not the God of this place.

Level 1

Indianapolis

#5410 Jun 1, 2014
No, neither PP nor its predecessors performed forced sterilization; they didn't have the authority to do so. The government did, for reasons it believed benevolent and to stem the tide of those considered to be a drain on society. They were wrong by our standards but in tune with the philosophy of the times; we were not the only country doing so.

YOU claim it's happening, you prove it.
Awaken504 wrote:
<quoted text>The keyword in your post is "now". So you admit that they have performed and pushed forced sterilization in the past. Now without any proof that it has ceased you wish to give them a clean slate?

Level 1

Indianapolis

#5411 Jun 1, 2014
Why, "Of course I believe in the Man that we call "Jesus"? There is no objective evidence he existed.

If you can't understand sociopoltical evolution, your prayer may have been answered.
Awaken504 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I believe in the Man that we call "Jesus". I just don't want to be confused with a follower of the false religion of Christianity.
Please, the word morality should not even be used in the same discussion when talking about the founding fathers of this country. So you wish to defend their intelligence? Since when was it considered being intelligent to rape women, murder children for sport, enslave an entire nation, steal land that doesn't belong to you, etc.? If this is intelligence then I pray to be mentally handicap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 9 min KiloEcho 32,840
Major Protesting in Baltimore Right Now 28 min Lotus Order 91
All women prefer white men 46 min Big Knob 4,368
72% of black mothers are single. Can't blame b... (Sep '13) 47 min RJM_30 330
News Confessions of a black atheist 1 hr Samoan Irish 409
Poll who spends too much time on topix? 1 hr Samoan Irish 29
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 1 hr Paki_Jatt_Soorma 5,467
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 3 hr Redefined 474
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 3 hr African AE 116,970
More from around the web