Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black A...

Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's Future"

There are 6011 comments on the Booker Rising story from Sep 24, 2012, titled Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's Future". In it, Booker Rising reports that:

The From Catholic Online : "Adding to the argument that abortion threatens one sector of American society over others, Catherine Davis, president of The Restoration Project, pointed out to the great racial disparity of women currently getting abortions." The article continues: "Davis said that according to the Centers for Disease Control, ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Booker Rising.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#5155 Mar 13, 2014
[QUOTE who="Brian_G]Now let's discuss the unborn citizens right to consent to what's done to their bodies.[/QUOTE] The unborn are not citizens.

What rights? They're not born yet - how could they have rights?

They don't. Not legal, civil rights. And if the woman CHOOSES,(as most of us do) to recognize the human rights of the fetus, NOBODY HERE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THAT.

(Except for the drooling hypocrites who rage against the Octomom,that is)

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#5156 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I hear one of these stories published for some political reason, I woner why the "infection" wasn't analyzed and treated. There is a gap in the story. She says that she could have had a healthy birth.
"There are no words for the anger I felt when I learned after Elizabeth was born that my infection could have been analyzed, had my doctor been able to get to it sooner. With more information about what caused the problem, we might be able to have a subsequent healthy pregnancy and birth. But 10 days later, the infection was just too severe."
That's because you refuse to read it. There are some operative words here, that you'd prefer not to acknowledge:

"...had my doctor been able to get to it sooner. With more information about what caused the problem, we might be able to have a subsequent healthy pregnancy and birth."

The only way to GET TO the infection, was to REMOVE THE FETUS.

If they'd done so, she could have been able to get pregnant again....as it is, the infection ruined her reproductive system.

No subsequent healthy pregnancy is now possible for this family.. because the doctors had to send Danielle home to wait for her infection to worsen, before they could legally induce labor. Thanks a pantload, Nebraska Senate.

Next
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#5157 Mar 13, 2014
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>That's because you refuse to read it. There are some operative words here, that you'd prefer not to acknowledge:
"...had my doctor been able to get to it sooner. With more information about what caused the problem, we might be able to have a subsequent healthy pregnancy and birth."
The only way to GET TO the infection, was to REMOVE THE FETUS.
If they'd done so, she could have been able to get pregnant again....as it is, the infection ruined her reproductive system.
No subsequent healthy pregnancy is now possible for this family.. because the doctors had to send Danielle home to wait for her infection to worsen, before they could legally induce labor. Thanks a pantload, Nebraska Senate.
Next
I didn't refuse to read it but I did miss 'subequent'. My bad.

Still I have qestions. Like why wasn't she treated in the normal manner for someone who's water breaks early? Wasn't sh in the hospital being monitored and treated for infection? Why wasn't the baby givn steroids before birth? Why wasn't the baby rushed to a neo natal unit immediately? There are some big gaps in the story.

If your water breaks before 34 weeks, it is more serious. If there are no signs of infection, the doctor may try to hold off your labor by putting you on bed rest. Steroid medicines are given to help the baby’s lungs grow quickly. The baby will do better if its lungs have more time to grow before being born.

You will also receive antibiotics. They will help prevent infections. You and your baby will be watched very closely in the hospital. Your doctor may do tests to check your baby’s lungs. When the lungs have grown enough, your doctor will induce labor.

What If I Have to Deliver My Baby Preterm (Early)?

If your water breaks early, your doctor will tell you what will be the safest thing to do. There are some risks to giving birth early, but the hospital where you deliver will send your baby to the preterm unit (a special unit for babies born early). If there is not a preterm unit where you deliver, you and your baby will be moved to a hospital that has one.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#5161 Mar 13, 2014
Yes, we do; for instance we all have to deal with the tragedy that you weren't stillborn.
Moulinyan Parmesian wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, quit whining.
We ALL have shjt to deal with.
Troll Detector

New Port Richey, FL

#5162 Mar 13, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
When the fetus is delivered before the lungs are functional,

....the fetus would still be dead.
So now they're still a "fetus"
...even AFTER they're born?

When DO babies get "rights",....in YOUR opinion?

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#5164 Mar 14, 2014
Troll Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Following birth, and conditional upon the best judgment of others, most notably, the parents' and the courts, until the age of 18 - sometimes, 21.

For example: the right to a free public education - conditional on whether or not the parents want their kid in public school.

The right to carry firearms - conditional on whether or not the parents are in favor of their children carrying firearms.

The right to peaceful assembly - conditional on municipal ordinances, involving juveniles.

The right to free speech - conditional on what the parent deems 'acceptable'.

The right to sign a contract - conditional on whether or not the parents wish to co-sign.

The list goes on, but I think you probably get the drift.

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#5167 Mar 15, 2014
""All right," the LORD said. "You may bake your bread with cow dung instead of human dung."
Ezekiel 4:15

Level 1

Indianapolis

#5169 Mar 15, 2014
As a gay man, I really don't care what black women want.
SadButTrue wrote:
<quoted text>Maceo
Again, less than 22% of Black women want a Black man and don't respond to them on dating sites! Almost 78% of Black women said they prefer to date or marry out according to Ok Cupid
Only 11% of Black men said they prefer to date in the race, almost 89% of BM prefer to date or marry out!
What I find amazing is that in less than 6 years Black women's rates went from 92% down to 22%.
Just last year, the rates were 27% and now went down an additional 5% in less than one year!
http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/66315/they-just-d...
From Hollywood to working Career women, I don't hear any Black women say they want Black males these days! There encouraging each other to move on, abort children and don't support Black males anymore!
This could be the extinction of the Black race because I don't think black women are playing and when they get on he same page they generally make changes unlike Black males who don't do anything!

Level 1

Indianapolis

#5170 Mar 15, 2014
Call it whatever you want; it doesn't change the fact that it's going to die.

Rights accrue at birth, silly, or when a person is naturalized as a citizen.
Troll Detector wrote:
<quoted text>

Level 1

Indianapolis

#5171 Mar 15, 2014
I don't have any problem with my gender...nor do the guys I have sex with.
<quoted text>That's probably a lot easier to deal with than your gender identity disorder, though,.....yeah?
It must be tough being a boy that thinks he's a girl.

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#5174 Mar 16, 2014
(Plagiarism deleted.)
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't refuse to read it but I did miss 'subequent'. My bad.
And there it is. You 'missed' the fact that the State's policy caused her to become infertile. Please tell me again how much you 'care' about either women OR babies.

On second thought, don't bother - I'm so freakin' sick of your lies.....
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Still I have qestions. Like why wasn't she treated in the normal manner for someone who's water breaks early?
She was.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't sh in the hospital being monitored and treated for infection?
Yes.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wasn't the baby givn steroids before birth?
It was too late.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wasn't the baby rushed to a neo natal unit immediately? There are some big gaps in the story.
The parents wanted to say goodbye with the baby in her mother's arms, rather than subject their daughter to the rush-rush-panic mode of the neonatal unit during THE ONLY THIRTY MINUTES she had in which to live.

You wouldn't know compassion if it bit you.

There are bigger gaps between your ears.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#5175 Mar 16, 2014
dedbebbies wrote:
(Plagiarism deleted.)
<quoted text>
And there it is. You 'missed' the fact that the State's policy caused her to become infertile. Please tell me again how much you 'care' about either women OR babies.
On second thought, don't bother - I'm so freakin' sick of your lies.....
<quoted text>She was.
<quoted text>Yes.
<quoted text>It was too late.
<quoted text>The parents wanted to say goodbye with the baby in her mother's arms, rather than subject their daughter to the rush-rush-panic mode of the neonatal unit during THE ONLY THIRTY MINUTES she had in which to live.
You wouldn't know compassion if it bit you.
There are bigger gaps between your ears.
None of your claims are in the article that you presented.

“Headline already in use”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#5176 Mar 16, 2014
Pro-choice means pro-death; abortion for convenience is the premeditated murder of the innocent.

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#5177 Mar 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Pro-choice means pro-death; abortion for convenience is the premeditated murder of the innocent.
But Brian you are prochoice "pro-death" under the circumstances in which YOUR approve!

Any allowance for abortion would be a "convenience" and therefore is the premeditated murder of the innocent according to YOU Brian.....who cannot and will not become pregnant but approves of abortion under the circumstances that meet HIS criteria!! How CONVENIENT for HIM!!
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#5178 Mar 16, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact you are being dishonest proves you have no real argument.
Nobody is saying adults should be able to go around killing babies.
<quoted text>
Why are con dumbs such racists?
<quoted text>
?
"dam he is the whitest white person ever but he is black as they come ! "
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#5179 Mar 16, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
But Brian you are prochoice "pro-death" under the circumstances in which YOUR approve!
Any allowance for abortion would be a "convenience" and therefore is the premeditated murder of the innocent according to YOU Brian.....who cannot and will not become pregnant but approves of abortion under the circumstances that meet HIS criteria!! How CONVENIENT for HIM!!
Well I'm a paint my picture
Paint myself in blue, red, black and gray
All of the beautiful colors are very, very meaningful
Yeah, well you know, gray is my favorite color
I felt so symbolic yesterday
If I knew Picasso
I would buy myself a gray guitar and play

Mr. Jones and me look into the future
Yeah, we stare at the beautiful women
She's looking at you I don't think so, she's looking at me
Standin' in the spotlight
I bought myself a gray guitar
When everybody loves me
I will never be lonely
I will never be lonely
Said I'm never gonna be lonely
I wanna be a lion
Ah, everybody wanna pass as cats

“AFRO beauty”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#5181 Mar 16, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think a woman is carrying around in her womb? Is that not her son or daughter? Is it not already alive? How can it be in the fetuses best interest to be killed?
reproductive rights are about the woman's best interest. sometimes it is best for the baby to be aborted when the life they could end up living would be way less than desirable. but a selfish person such as you would never understand this.

I guess you agree with just birthing for the heck of it or being forced to birth in places like the El' Salvador where children as young as 4 are parentless and HOMELESS and have to rummage through garbage everyday in order to eat and live....

yes. you approve off this. as long as long as they are born.
Troll Detector

New Port Richey, FL

#5182 Mar 16, 2014
Ms DP wrote:
<quoted text>

...in places like the El' Salvador where children as young as 4 are parentless and HOMELESS and have to rummage through garbage everyday in order to eat and live....
They should have though of that before they took the risk of conceiving, then.

Level 1

Indianapolis

#5183 Mar 17, 2014
Depends on the guy(s) and the situation.
<quoted text>
Do they wait in line,
....or do you schedule them separately?

“Headline already in use”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#5184 Mar 17, 2014
Morgana9Rules wrote:
But Brian you are prochoice "pro-death" under the circumstances in which YOUR approve! Any allowance for abortion would be a "convenience" and therefore is the premeditated murder of the innocent according to YOU Brian.....who cannot and will not become pregnant but approves of abortion under the circumstances that meet HIS criteria!! How CONVENIENT for HIM!!
Morgan misrepresents my position, again. If I didn't know better, Morgan's mistake would be a lie. I don't approve abortion, I'm pro-life.

Morgan is on the pro-choice side, but understands no exception for cases of rape, incest and medical jeopardy to mother's life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,420,684
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 1 min WasteWater 402
Bill Clinton: Rebuild Detroit with Syrian Refugees 1 min RMG EL Rey de Tra... 3
Child services investigate husband of Hillary's... 3 min Hillary 2016 3
Losing my virginity to a white guy 6 min Drilling for the ... 26
For you light skin men that think darker men ha... (Jan '15) 7 min UruEuWauWau 63
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 21 min fluer 301
153 Years and Still Nothing??? 29 min Lord Grubenstahben 78
49er QB Colin Kaepernick is WAKING UP 31 min MICHA 115
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 33 min Real 47,927
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 37 min LION 610
More from around the web