Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black A...

Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's Future"

There are 6009 comments on the Booker Rising story from Sep 24, 2012, titled Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's Future". In it, Booker Rising reports that:

The From Catholic Online : "Adding to the argument that abortion threatens one sector of American society over others, Catherine Davis, president of The Restoration Project, pointed out to the great racial disparity of women currently getting abortions." The article continues: "Davis said that according to the Centers for Disease Control, ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Booker Rising.

“Headline already in use”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2380 Dec 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
No, murder does not "transcend law", and abortion is not murder.
Murder existed before our laws, murder is wrong even if you're in a time or jurisdiction without a law against it. Abortion is the murder of a very young human.

Bitner wrote:
No, adoption is not a "reproductive choice". It is a parenting choice, AFTER reproduction is complete.
The choice to put an unwanted child up for adoption rather than murder it before birth is a reproductive choice. Abortion is a death choice.

Bitner wrote:
Adoption is no solution for the woman who doesn't wish to remain pregnant.
Abstinence is a solution for a woman who doesn't want to be pregnant, not abortion. Adoption is the most beautiful act of generosity possible and abortion is an act of evil except in cases of rape and incest.

Bitner wrote:
There is no "aborted child". Children are born, and one can't talk to a fetus, not even one that is still in utero.
Many parents talk to their unborn children, just because a person can't speak doesn't make them inhuman. An aborted child is a dead child; abortion is about pain and death.

Bitner wrote:
You ARE the extreme minority.
I disagree, the minority are the people who want to increase abortions, use taxpayer dollars to pay for an promote abortions and those who support infanticide.

Most people believe late term abortion is wrong.

Bitner wrote:
Don't pretend to speak for me. I HAVE children. I carried all three of my pregnancies to term, INCLUDING the one that was unplanned.
I'm glad Bitner didn't murder he unborn children. Note how she writes pro-abortion but when it comes to her own family she'd rather have an unwanted pregnancy than kill her own son or daughter.

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#2381 Dec 2, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
I will be eternally glad there aren't more folks with your mindset than there actually are.
Most Americans know abortion is murder, not the media. It's simple, if human life has value than age doesn't make it worthless. If abortion is good, why isn't it good to have children or government make end of life decisions for seniors?

dedbebbies wrote:
But for a tiny minority of the population, who refuse to look at the facts of life, and believe against all evidence that there is a one-size-fits-all thing called 'glorious pregnancy', you sure are drearily persistent.
There are exceptions for rape, incest and where there is risk to the mother's life. Where do pro-abortion see abortion as bad? I'd say, they see one-size-fits-all thing called 'reproductive choice' that includes the murder of a very young child.

dedbebbies wrote:
When was the last time you got laid, Bri? Need some more Lubriderm, honey? Next...
^^^TMI

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#2382 Dec 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Then why did god order people to:
"Kill ...(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)"[]
I almost never cite the bible. I notice Rose often cites the bible.

Just because a person can't tell the difference between murder and killing as in warfare, execution, self defense or accident doesn't make her a biblical scholar.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#2383 Dec 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
There are exceptions for rape, incest and where there is risk to the mother's life. Where do pro-abortion see abortion as bad? I'd say, they see one-size-fits-all thing called 'reproductive choice' that includes the murder of a very young child.
I
So you see these exceptions as good?

So you are pro abortion in these circumstances?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#2384 Dec 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
This just means "become pregnant", or "shall be with".
(As some translations say)
Mary was a virgin, do you think they meant god's sperm would fuse with her egg?
Doesn't conceive and become pregnant mean the same thing?

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2385 Dec 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
"Murder existed before our laws"

I disagree that there was a time before "laws", even if they weren't written. Laws, themselves, existed before there was formal "government", or the written word.

"murder is wrong even if you're in a time or jurisdiction without a law against it."

Murder doesn't exist without the laws, written or otherwise.

"Abortion is the murder of a very young human."

No, it's not.

"The choice to put an unwanted child up for adoption rather than murder it before birth is a reproductive choice. Abortion is a death choice."

Neither of these statements is true. Adoption is a parenting choice, after the reproduction is over. Continuing, or ending, a pregnancy is a reproductive choice. Period.

"Abstinence is a solution for a woman who doesn't want to be pregnant, not abortion."

Abstinence (leaving out rape) and contraceptives are solutions for the woman who doesn't want to GET pregnant. Abortion is the solution for the woman who doesn't wish to REMAIN pregnant. Adoption is the solution for the person who doesn't wish to parent their child.

"Adoption is the most beautiful act of generosity possible and abortion is an act of evil except in cases of rape and incest."

You are entitled to your opinions. No one else has to care, or live by them, and they are not "fact".

"Many parents talk to their unborn children, just because a person can't speak doesn't make them inhuman."

I didn't say it did. Fine, if you want to nitpick, you can talk to a fetus. It can't answer you, though, so there is no point. Feel better now, Moron?

"An aborted child is a dead child; abortion is about pain and death."

There is no child. Children are already born.

And the fetus feels no pain.

"I disagree, the minority are the people who want to increase abortions, use taxpayer dollars to pay for an promote abortions and those who support infanticide."

No one here has even remotely suggested any such thing.

"Most people believe late term abortion is wrong."

Who was talking about late term abortion only? Is there some reason you can't stick to a topic?

"I'm glad Bitner didn't murder he unborn children. Note how she writes pro-abortion but when it comes to her own family she'd rather have an unwanted pregnancy than kill her own son or daughter."

I never had an unwanted pregnancy. I had an unplanned pregnancy, and made a choice regarding it, as every woman has the legal and moral right to do.

I don't, and have never, written "pro-abortion".

Why must you people lie constantly? Oh, that's right, because the actual truth refutes your melodramatic nonsense.

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Location hidden

#2386 Dec 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends on which definition of "conception" one is using. If you mean implantation, then yes. If you mean fertilization, then no.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#2387 Dec 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Most Americans know abortion is murder
So why do we keep voting down Personhood amendments?

Why do we keep saying 'no' to propositions that we outlaw abortion?

Oh yeah - because MOST Americans know a woman has the right to decline gestation. Period.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#2388 Dec 2, 2013
Maybe you make the laws and definitions in Brianworld, but here on earth you're wrong. Murder is a legal term that has no bearing on abortion. Women decide which options they take in life, and have no obligation to carry a pregnancy they don't want. There is also no obligation to bear a child because someone else wants to adopt.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Murder existed before our laws, murder is wrong even if you're in a time or jurisdiction without a law against it. Abortion is the murder of a very young human.
<quoted text>The choice to put an unwanted child up for adoption rather than murder it before birth is a reproductive choice. Abortion is a death choice.
<quoted text>Abstinence is a solution for a woman who doesn't want to be pregnant, not abortion. Adoption is the most beautiful act of generosity possible and abortion is an act of evil except in cases of rape and incest.
<quoted text>Many parents talk to their unborn children, just because a person can't speak doesn't make them inhuman. An aborted child is a dead child; abortion is about pain and death.
<quoted text>I disagree, the minority are the people who want to increase abortions, use taxpayer dollars to pay for an promote abortions and those who support infanticide.
Most people believe late term abortion is wrong.
<quoted text>I'm glad Bitner didn't murder he unborn children. Note how she writes pro-abortion but when it comes to her own family she'd rather have an unwanted pregnancy than kill her own son or daughter.

Level 1

Indianapolis

#2389 Dec 2, 2013
"Conceive" clearly does not equate with the medical definition of conception. In Hebrews, Leviticus, and numbers, mention is made to "conceive seed"--which is physically impossible.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink

Havertown, PA

#2390 Dec 2, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
"Conceive" clearly does not equate with the medical definition of conception. In Hebrews, Leviticus, and numbers, mention is made to "conceive seed"--which is physically impossible.
<quoted text>
I guess they should have read some 20th century medical books so that they would use the correct modern day usage.

Level 1

Indianapolis

#2391 Dec 2, 2013
Shouldn't an omniscient deity know correct terminology? Barring that, shouldn't modern believers not argue about the bible declaring life begins at conception when it clearly does not?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess they should have read some 20th century medical books so that they would use the correct modern day usage.

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#2392 Dec 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Most Americans know abortion is murder, not the media. It's simple, if human life has value than age doesn't make it worthless. If abortion is good, why isn't it good to have children or government make end of life decisions for seniors?
<quoted text>There are exceptions for rape, incest and where there is risk to the mother's life.
The first two exceptions show that you anti choice people don't really care about the "baby", and just want to see women punished for having sex.

Is a person any less a person because they are the result of rape or incest?

Level 5

Panorama City, CA

#2393 Dec 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I almost never cite the bible. I notice Rose often cites the bible.
Just because a person can't tell the difference between murder and killing as in warfare, execution, self defense or accident doesn't make her a biblical scholar.
You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing.

I understand why bible quotes embarrass you, and why you cut out most of mine.
"you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock."
(Deuteronomy 13:15)

God is ordering that everybody in a town be stabbed to death if even one person in the town worships a god other than him, that would include babies and pregnant women.

Level 5

Panorama City, CA

#2394 Dec 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who wrote the bible didn't write in English, they didn't know about conception, the uniting of the egg and sperm.
They indicated that life begins with the breath.
It's that simple.
SadButTrue

Chantilly, VA

#2395 Dec 2, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Damn those PP abortion squads, raiding neighborhoods and snatching up those defenseless pregnant black women!
Wait? What? The women go voluntarily because they don't want to be pregnant?
Never mind!
MACEO

That' will teach your Black ass to stop Abandoning your kids @ 80% and leaving them without a future!

Your the only race of men who don't do Schitt!
SadButTrue

Chantilly, VA

#2396 Dec 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>

"The choice to put an unwanted child up for adoption rather than murder it before birth is a reproductive choice. Abortion is a death choice."
Neither of these statements is true. Adoption is a parenting choice, after the reproduction is over. Continuing, or ending, a pregnancy is a reproductive choice. Period.
"Abstinence is a solution for a woman who doesn't want to be pregnant, not abortion."
Abstinence (leaving out rape) and contraceptives are solutions for the woman who doesn't want to GET pregnant. Abortion is the solution for the woman who doesn't wish to REMAIN pregnant. Adoption is the solution for the person who doesn't wish to parent their child.
MACEO

Its all over the blogs to stop having kids with Black men and it has decreased almost 50% now which I think is Good.

Iynant Vanzant has been telling Black women to stop having kids with Boo Boo who abandons his kids and don't care..........well that's 80% of Black males! lmao

Black men are insane!

With the constant bashing of Black women by other Black women many are not accepting Black mens' advances!
SadButTrue

Chantilly, VA

#2397 Dec 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who wrote the bible didn't write in English, they didn't know about conception, the uniting of the egg and sperm.
They indicated that life begins with the breath.
It's that simple.
MACEO

Go have Babies with the Poor low income White women!
SadButTrueHD

Chantilly, VA

#2398 Dec 2, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Damn those PP abortion squads, raiding neighborhoods and snatching up those defenseless pregnant black women!
Wait? What? The women go voluntarily because they don't want to be pregnant?
Never mind!
Why do BM Always Give their wives Diseases or have Babies in Affairs?
Why is this common normalized behaviors for Black males?

Black men are always having babies with other women when they don't have kids with their wives or their beating their women!

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Location hidden

#2399 Dec 2, 2013
SadButTrue wrote:
<quoted text>MACEO
Its all over the blogs to stop having kids with Black men and it has decreased almost 50% now which I think is Good.
Iynant Vanzant has been telling Black women to stop having kids with Boo Boo who abandons his kids and don't care..........well that's 80% of Black males! lmao
Black men are insane!
With the constant bashing of Black women by other Black women many are not accepting Black mens' advances!
Your racist rant has nothing to do with my post. If you can't respond appropriately to what I am saying, don't respond to my posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 3 min thetruth 486
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 6 min Curious Me 47,841
Sports radio show creates stereotypical black m... 10 min glc3 1
News Doctors may miss ADHD in nonwhite kids 24 min Hugh Janus 1
why can't black men walk properly? 27 min Hugh Janus 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min John Galt 1,418,164
News Artist Republic CG Hosts Power Meeting with Man... 1 hr K-DJ 2
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 6 hr fluer 233
Internet a breeding ground for racists and soci... 6 hr Michel Montvert 28
More from around the web