Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black A...

Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's Future"

There are 5999 comments on the Booker Rising story from Sep 24, 2012, titled Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's Future". In it, Booker Rising reports that:

The From Catholic Online : "Adding to the argument that abortion threatens one sector of American society over others, Catherine Davis, president of The Restoration Project, pointed out to the great racial disparity of women currently getting abortions." The article continues: "Davis said that according to the Centers for Disease Control, ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Booker Rising.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#2153 Nov 14, 2013
Breast reduction surgery is often performed to alleviate back problems.

Facelifts are sometimes performed tom remove excess flesh following rapid weight loss, since it can interfere with respiration, speech, and eating.

Whether you like it or not, there are actual medical reasons for each procedure. The entire field of plastic surgery was jump-started by WW1, trying to give veterans back some semblance of a face.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when is a boob job or facelift medically neccessary? Please, start protesting for woman's rights. Don't let anyone else decide what is good for you after all it is your body. Stand up for justice for women of all ages.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#2154 Nov 14, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you're implying that a doctor should be forced to do so. Why are you advocating it for a tubal, but would complain if he was forced to perform an abortion?
I, on the other hand, have never advocated that a doctor should be forced to perform ANY non-emergency surgery.
Who said forced? Is he forced to make boobs bigger? Is he forced to make a face younger? No he is paid for his unneccessary medical services. Why can't a woman request a tubal ligation?

Don't be dense again.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#2155 Nov 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Breast reduction surgery is often performed to alleviate back problems.
Facelifts are sometimes performed tom remove excess flesh following rapid weight loss, since it can interfere with respiration, speech, and eating.
Whether you like it or not, there are actual medical reasons for each procedure. The entire field of plastic surgery was jump-started by WW1, trying to give veterans back some semblance of a face.
<quoted text>
What is the medical reason for brest implants? So that you can suckle more children?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#2156 Nov 14, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure Ink thinks this stuff through that far...and not sure she wants doctors forced to perform sterilizations. Hell, I don't want them 'forced' to perform sterilizations. I just wish sterilization absent medical necessity was legal, whenever the person decides they don't want to be fertile anymore, even if they're just 18. As it is, the legality of it is a barrier to getting fewer unwanted kids conceived, and that sucks regardless of the doctor's vulnerability to lawsuits. JMO
Thinks things through how far? How far do you have to think to be able to guarantee that you won't conceive children that you don't want? It seems logical to me.

Level 1

Indianapolis

#2157 Nov 14, 2013
Some implants are done to restore what a woman loses through mastectomies, and some are done for psychological reasons when a girl is extremely flat-chested--which can cause stress and even depression. Since not all women breastfeed, your question is meaningless.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the medical reason for brest implants? So that you can suckle more children?

Level 1

Indianapolis

#2158 Nov 14, 2013
If heteros would accept anal and oral sex as "legitimate" sex, as opposed to making it all about penile/vaginal intercourse, you could be satisfied and avoid pregnancy. Win-win for everyone.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinks things through how far? How far do you have to think to be able to guarantee that you won't conceive children that you don't want? It seems logical to me.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2159 Nov 15, 2013
Abortion hurts women; that's why they use anesthesia.

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2160 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said forced? Is he forced to make boobs bigger? Is he forced to make a face younger? No he is paid for his unneccessary medical services. Why can't a woman request a tubal ligation?
Don't be dense again.
She can request it, what are you babbling about? Who said she can't request one? What she CAN'T do, is insist the reluctant doctor DO one, and the only way to change that is to FORCE them to do so.

How stupid ARE you, really?

Breathe in.....and now breathe out.

Maybe THAT'S your problem, you don't realize that breathing involves actually inhaling air into your lungs, and exhaling same. YOU think blood being pumped through your veins is enough to be "breathing", and so you don't understand me when I say breathe in.

Level 1

Indianapolis

#2161 Nov 15, 2013
That's idiotic. Dentists use anesthesia; should people not get their teeth taken care of?
Brian_G wrote:
Abortion hurts women; that's why they use anesthesia.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#2162 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She can request it, what are you babbling about? Who said she can't request one? What she CAN'T do, is insist the reluctant doctor DO one, and the only way to change that is to FORCE them to do so.
You are against 'forcing' doctors to do something they don't want do. Okay. Then you are against 'forcing' doctors and hospitals to perform abortions if they don't want to? Very few medical students are even learning how to do abortions. They aren't interested.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#2163 Nov 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Some implants are done to restore what a woman loses through mastectomies, and some are done for psychological reasons when a girl is extremely flat-chested--which can cause stress and even depression. Since not all women breastfeed, your question is meaningless.
<quoted text>
And some procedures are done for vanity. If doctors can do all these vanity surgeries then they should do tubal ligations.

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Location hidden

#2164 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And some procedures are done for vanity. If doctors can do all these vanity surgeries then they should do tubal ligations.
They do, when they see fit. But they don't always see fit to do so if the woman is under a certain age. AND, the only way to change that would be to FORCE them to do so. Is THAT what you're suggesting?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2165 Nov 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
That's idiotic. Dentists use anesthesia; should people not get their teeth taken care of?
An extracted tooth isn't an aborted fetus. Abortion is murder.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#2166 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They do, when they see fit. But they don't always see fit to do so if the woman is under a certain age. AND, the only way to change that would be to FORCE them to do so. Is THAT what you're suggesting?
No in your case you should do everything your doctor tells you and you should not do anything he tells you not to do. You probably should do everything your husband and Big Brother tells you to do also since you have proven that you don't have a thought in your own pointy head. Maybe you have been wearing the witch hat too long.

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Location hidden

#2167 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are against 'forcing' doctors to do something they don't want do. Okay. Then you are against 'forcing' doctors and hospitals to perform abortions if they don't want to? Very few medical students are even learning how to do abortions. They aren't interested.
Pay attention, Witless. I already said I am against forcing any doctor to perform any non-emergency surgery.

Breathe in......breathe out.

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Location hidden

#2168 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No in your case you should do everything your doctor tells you and you should not do anything he tells you not to do. You probably should do everything your husband and Big Brother tells you to do also since you have proven that you don't have a thought in your own pointy head. Maybe you have been wearing the witch hat too long.
LOL, you're projecting again.

So, what WAS your point, then, if you're not suggesting they be forced to do so?

Why makes such a big deal about asking us why we aren't making them do it?

Level 1

Indianapolis

#2169 Nov 15, 2013
You're aware plastic surgeons don't do tubal ligations, right? Not to mention that surgeons turn down vanity surgeries all the time, for a number of reasons.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

Level 1

Indianapolis

#2170 Nov 15, 2013
The woman is free to remove the tooth or the fetus as she chooses. Your alleged point was that abortion hurts women.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>An extracted tooth isn't an aborted fetus. Abortion is murder.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#2171 Nov 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You're aware plastic surgeons don't do tubal ligations, right? Not to mention that surgeons turn down vanity surgeries all the time, for a number of reasons.
<quoted text>
No I wasn't aware of that. I though I could get a cut rate on both surgeries if I had them at the same time.

So, anyway why shouldn't a woman be able to get sterilized if she wants to?

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Location hidden

#2172 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I wasn't aware of that. I though I could get a cut rate on both surgeries if I had them at the same time.
So, anyway why shouldn't a woman be able to get sterilized if she wants to?
Please tell me that your first two sentences were sarcasm. Please.

It has been explained why not numerous times. It's not our fault you're too stupid to understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 1 min Moses 32,533
The UK has left the EU 5 min bolle 33
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 10 min Drilling for the ... 1,287
Three Iraqi/Sudanese children abused and pissed... 14 min Moses 78
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 16 min RMGHispanic Causi... 2,005
black men are entitled to white women (Jun '15) 17 min Maceo 25
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 24 min Moses 46,243
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 1 hr the return of BAAL 135,935
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 5 hr M Wilson 77
More from around the web