the "angry black woman" - just another bigot?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
New On

Staten Island, NY

#1 Aug 28, 2006
The call it the "Angry White Man." A term for white men who are "fed up" with everything, especially Black people. But what does the "angry white man" really have to be angry about, compared to the daily insults that Black folks must endure? The fact is, the ANGRY white man concept is meant to provide cover and apology for a man who is, in truth, merely a RACIST white man.

Which brings us to the "Angry Black Woman."
The blind and robotic hatred that is expressed by Black woman-- even toward Black men they don't even know --can no longer be excused or overlooked. When you begin to express hatred toward someone you don't even know, and when you make broad brush negative comments about an entire people, then you are one thing and one thing only: A BIGOT.

Far too many Black women have become "self-righteous bigots." And the self-righteous bigot is the most dangerous bigot of all.

Raised and weaned on "nigg*r's ain't sh*t literature" written by the likes of Terry McMillions (the anti-brother writer with cartoons on the cover of her books), Black women believe they are the "worlds greatest victims." And, just like the Israelis, they believe they have the "right" to engage in wanton stereotyping and rank bigotry without being called on it. Black men are expected to listen to Black women spew hatred without comment. Pointing out the bigotry of Black women gets you labeled a "chauvinist who is afraid of strong Black women." Just like pointing out the murderous habits of the Israelis get you labeled "an anti-Semite."

And more and more people are getting hip to this.
For example, filmmaker Tim Alexander refers to what he calls the "Angry Black Woman Syndrome." He says it "must be identified, diagnosed and treated." Alexander points out that Black who "grow up in fatherless homes, hearing their aunts and grandmothers saying black men are no good, hearing that opinion reinforced in the media, grow up to be angry adult women."

"They grow up, deal with the wrong men, finally meet the right guy and don't know how to turn it off," Alexander says. "They are so used to fighting; it's the only way they know to have a relationship. So when a man is a good man, they think he's a punk."
Sabrina Lamb, owner of the positive relationships website called flirtingtime.com , points out that Black women have "adopted the mindset of the oppressive racist system" in terms of how they regard Black men. She says that Black women think they are superior to Black men "just because we got a paycheck and we work around white people." Lamb points out that Black women "adopt a masculine energy and modality, and then we act towards our men like we are men. Not only are we acting like men towards our men, and adopting what white people feel and believe about our men. That's what's causing the separation and this so-called battle [between the sexes]." She goes on to say "There is this pool over here of women that only socialize with other women. And that's where they get their information about the world and particularly men."

Lamb says that Black woman "...admit that they don't like men, they don't like Black men-- and they're not lesbians. They don't like men, they don't respect them, they don't trust them. But then they try to get with one. I'll be very clear with them and say:'Why are you at a party? Why are you even talking to men-- other than to flirt or to further your craziness?' "

It appears that Black women have become political surrogates, doing the dirty work of racist white men. The shield of their color and "victimhood" prevents Black women from being called to account for their neo-racism. Many have become little more than racist white boys dressed in "blackface" and "drag."
Victoria

UK

#3 Aug 29, 2006
New On wrote:
The call it the "Angry White Man." A term for white men who are "fed up" with everything, especially Black people. But what does the "angry white man" really have to be angry about, compared to the daily insults that Black folks must endure? The fact is, the ANGRY white man concept is meant to provide cover and apology for a man who is, in truth, merely a RACIST white man.
The blind and robotic hatred that is expressed by Black woman-- even toward Black men they don't even know --can no longer be excused or overlooked.

It appears that Black women have become political surrogates, doing the dirty work of racist white men. The shield of their color and "victimhood" prevents Black women from being called to account for their neo-racism. Many have become little more than racist white boys dressed in "blackface" and "drag."
Last time I checked it was you doing all the "angry talk". Damn this essay is long, it's also very one-sided. I could talk in length about the "angry black man" that hates blk women but I'll let the rappers to do all that for me.

I think the time is coming when a new generation of black women will grow up knowing they don't have to rely soley on blk men and so are exploring other choices which might not have been open before.Iam such an example of this. I do agree that we can all do this without bad mouthing the otherside. You're obviously a very well read person it would be nice for you to stick around and add other thoughts/comments.
I personally don't hate blk men, my sisters and I have come under close scrutiny for prefering white men but there is no political game here - just love.. sorry to disappoint. WHERE ARE ALL THE POSITIVE PEOPLE AT?
KATHY

Killeen, TX

#5 Aug 29, 2006
Well for me its about choice not bigotry . I dont hate black men . I think relationships across the board are hard .You are dealing with two different personalities . The attributes that I look for in a man are the same for any man regardless of his race.
Patriq

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Aug 29, 2006
The blind and robotic hatred that is expressed by Black woman-- even toward Black men they don't even know --can no longer be excused or overlooked. When you begin to express hatred toward someone you don't even know, and when you make broad brush negative comments about an entire people, then you are one thing and one thing only: A BIGOT.

This statement here is almost a illustration of the word (IGNORANCE) to make an uneducated view towards men or a peoples suggests a great misunderstanding and ignorant view because you dont know the full story, its illogical to paint a whole group with one brush and call them all by the same name, when each is a whole unto itself. Black men are as different from each other as any other race, the only one U find like minded will be those who choose to think alike. As a young professional I go where other black professionals go and I here nothing of what your talking about, it may be that your age group may have those sad things trying to pull you down and think the way you are now. break free of them.
Victoria

UK

#7 Aug 29, 2006
Patriq wrote:
This statement here is almost a illustration of the word (IGNORANCE) to make an uneducated view towards men or a peoples suggests a great misunderstanding and ignorant view because you dont know the full story, its illogical to paint a whole group with one brush and call them all by the same name, when each is a whole unto itself. Black men are as different from each other as any other race, the only one U find like minded will be those who choose to think alike. As a young professional I go where other black professionals go and I here nothing of what your talking about, it may be that your age group may have those sad things trying to pull you down and think the way you are now. break free of them.
Hey Patriq.... I might be in that age group you're talkin about 20-30. There are new pressures on our generation I think. Sometimes i feel that blk here are more willing to be friends with white men and don't sit around thinking we all have it in for them. Integrating more always helps to dispel fears.
Patriq

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Aug 29, 2006
Victoria, I am in agreement with you, both cultures have come to far in this world, to sit and ponder ways on getting over on each other. My father was in the military and traveling around the world opened my eyes to things some have not yet seen, I found beauty in many of the different races and women I came to know, color is universal to me, I dont see it, there's good and bad in all colors but I dont let that govern my decisions, people place themselves into a catagory of negatives and positives, pressures are caused by things we allow to trouble us, I believe an open mind relieves those pressures in many cases.
Falcon 68 AKA Sam I Am

Dearborn, MI

#10 Sep 5, 2006
kiwi starberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lay off the black woman, lick her cli- and suck her a$$ until she comes, then stick your little pink wee wee in her and try as you may to make her scream. Try some black pu$$y then you will feel totally different. You will be chasing them down in the street for some more of that good stuff. Relax
don't hate!
Interesting point...
JWW

Medina, OH

#11 Sep 5, 2006
Anyone else think TV tells people what to be? And for some reason they do it? The white girls on TV are all fluffy and retarded, and then the tough black lady comes out with the "talk to the hand" and girlfriend, don't even go there" bullshit...TV tells the kids to barely be able to walk because their pants are falling off, and white kids and black alike do it...

How many people still believe Iraq had anything to do with 9/11 because TV said so, how many people know all of the rest of the world in polls consider the U.S. MORE of a threat to world stability than Osama and any terroist group when our TV says otherwise? If MTV says this brand is "cool", does anyone doubt people would pay 150 dollars for a shirt that cost a dollar to make?

TV does the same to Latinos...look out they will stab you, those girls don't mess around. MTV can actually change the results of a presidential election, and they almost did....wish they would have tried a bit harder though.:)

Does art imitate life, or does life imitate art? Just something to think about. The Cosby show was cheesy and unrealistic I thought, but how obvious was the point he wanted to put forth to young black people? I have to wonder if it was a little to cheesy to last, but where did the concept go of respect on TV for young black professionals? TV paints black men as cool sports players and rappers right now, and I will be god damned if that isn't what they start dreaming about in masses.....

As I babble on and on...back on topic...how often on TV do young black girls see "tough black women who ain't afraid to talk some smack" and how often do they see soft spoken artistic or professional black women?

Just my opinion, and it may not be the only cause of this, but I think it's a factor...open for debate.
Victoria

Romford, UK

#12 Sep 5, 2006
JWW wrote:
Anyone else think TV tells people what to be? And for some reason they do it? The white girls on TV are all fluffy and retarded, and then the tough black lady comes out with the "talk to the hand" and girlfriend, don't even go there" bullshit...TV tells the kids to barely be able to walk because their pants are falling off, and white kids and black alike do it...
How many people still believe Iraq had anything to do with 9/11 because TV said so, how many people know all of the rest of the world in polls consider the U.S. MORE of a threat to world stability than Osama and any terroist group when our TV says otherwise? If MTV says this brand is "cool", does anyone doubt people would pay 150 dollars for a shirt that cost a dollar to make?
TV does the same to Latinos...look out they will stab you, those girls don't mess around. MTV can actually change the results of a presidential election, and they almost did....wish they would have tried a bit harder though.:)
Does art imitate life, or does life imitate art? Just something to think about. The Cosby show was cheesy and unrealistic I thought, but how obvious was the point he wanted to put forth to young black people? I have to wonder if it was a little to cheesy to last, but where did the concept go of respect on TV for young black professionals? TV paints black men as cool sports players and rappers right now, and I will be god damned if that isn't what they start dreaming about in masses.....
As I babble on and on...back on topic...how often on TV do young black girls see "tough black women who ain't afraid to talk some smack" and how often do they see soft spoken artistic or professional black women?
Just my opinion, and it may not be the only cause of this, but I think it's a factor...open for debate.
Excellent points. But I don't believe in subliminal conditioning. I watch Kung Fu, but I don't feel the need to kick ass. In weaker individuals, yes, I believe they can be easily led astray by TV. My role models were in my family, thank God, so I never had all these 'talk to the hand' women to copy as such.
Patriq

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Sep 5, 2006
Most of the media will show these as mainstream, fine if people want to believe that crap its up to them, I looked at the role models in my family and my own asperations to be more than just what so-called society said was my limit, not fallin for that, there are two dimensions real world and fake world, talk to the hand wont get you a job, but hard work and goals will. I tell that to all the young black and hispanics I come in contact with dont be fooled by fools on TV.
Patriq

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Sep 5, 2006
I watch Kung Fu, but I don't feel the need to kick ass. In weaker individuals, yes, I believe they can be easily led astray

Victoria, I loved that one!!! I spilled my coffee reading that, It says it all in a nutshell!!!
bossy is B-A-C-K

Morristown, NJ

#15 Sep 5, 2006
Glad Im not an "angry black woman" well......I am if YOU PISS ME OFF, so WATCH OUT NOW!!!
Falcon 68 AKA Sam I Am

Dearborn, MI

#16 Sep 5, 2006
bossy is B-A-C-K wrote:
Glad Im not an "angry black woman" well......I am if YOU PISS ME OFF, so WATCH OUT NOW!!!
I'll try not to piss you off...
Victoria

Romford, UK

#17 Sep 5, 2006
Falcon 68 AKA Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>I'll try not to piss you off...
Hey rambler what you up to this time of the day/night? Still confused with the time thing!!
bossy is B-A-C-K

Morristown, NJ

#18 Sep 5, 2006
hey its better to be pissed off than pissed on!
Falcon 68 AKA Sam I Am

Dearborn, MI

#19 Sep 5, 2006
bossy is B-A-C-K wrote:
hey its better to be pissed off than pissed on!
Hmmmm....depends on who's doing the pissing....lol!!
Falcon 68 AKA Sam I Am

Dearborn, MI

#20 Sep 5, 2006
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey rambler what you up to this time of the day/night? Still confused with the time thing!!
working a double shift tonight...
Victoria

Romford, UK

#21 Sep 5, 2006
Falcon 68 AKA Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>working a double shift tonight...
I'll stay up with you mate.
Kathy

Killeen, TX

#22 Sep 5, 2006
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
I will join you as well. I am going to be lonely.
Falcon 68 AKA Sam I Am

Dearborn, MI

#23 Sep 5, 2006
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you both for being so kind to this weary worker...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 4 min Hebrew Warrior 118,271
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Yeah 1,223,790
Blacks, Dominate Whites ! 11 min T-BOS 84
Why do good looking black women like white men ... (Sep '12) 19 min Troll Buster 6,696
latina wondering what its like to date black men (May '14) 19 min PATRIOT DVC MOLON... 285
White people are the biggest rioters and looters 23 min lomaxx 48
Why do I hate white people so much? 23 min Sangelia 100
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 52 min Whashappninnow 33,079
Major Protesting in Baltimore Right Now 1 hr Samoan Irish 516
Why do white men like to watch white women have... (Jan '14) 2 hr Sadbuttrue 114
More from around the web