Why are Blacks in New York City so af...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CEE CEE

New York, NY

#36 Feb 12, 2009
If you're not from one of the 5 boro's..stfu pls.
DeAngelo

Chatham, UK

#37 May 10, 2009
I'm from Brooklyn and yeah shit like that prolly does happen in Bensonhurst because people get brave when they are in a majority, but then answer this how many Italians do you see coming through Bed-stuy, Fort Greene or Flatbush?

“~Belle et ReBelle ~”

Since: Oct 08

NYC

#38 May 26, 2009
Karen Callaghan wrote:
Why are Blacks in New York City so afraid of Italians?
They are afraid to go into the Howard Beach section of Queens,some sections of Staten Island and Gravesend and Mill Basin Brooklyn.
i guess its the history between the 2, not so good, i dont know where that young black man was killed at but i think that really started the rumors, he was chased across a highway some y ears ago, i have been past howard beach goign to far rockaway but never there, my mother told me she went there before and had no problem
BaNgBaNgBoOGiE

Monroe, NY

#41 Jan 20, 2010
Karen Callaghan wrote:
They are afraid to go into the Howard Beach section of Queens,some sections of Staten Island and Gravesend and Mill Basin Brooklyn.
haha what a joke its the other way around italians are scared of us these italians in new york think they puerto rican or sumthin they think they latino if u call a italian person white they get mad they think they hard cuz of the mob but would be scared to fight a black man one on one thats just the truth we all kno if blacks and italians fought blacks would win easy
Half black half italian

Victoria, Canada

#43 May 18, 2010
This forum spawns racism, Im from a totoally different part of the world. My father is Italian and my mother is Black, everyone is an individual. There are blacks who are scared and there are italians who are scared. You can tell when someone is insecure like the guy who commented before me, anyone who is really tough doesn't have to flex nuts, anyone who has been in enough real fights with real fighters knows that anything can happen and knows that it all comes down to the individual you are in combat with and race has nothing to do with it. By saying blacks are scared of Italians will only make blacks want to prove you wrong, and thus make Italians hate blacks more and vice versa. Please don't look backwards, look forward to see how we can come together as one race.

Thank You
cocainecowboy

Birmingham, AL

#44 May 23, 2010
NeanderthalWhiteMan wrote:
Dont mean to making any sweeping generalizations
about NY italian americans are pretty racist
Back int he 80's,or late 70's,a black kid was lynched by a mob of italians in some NY neighborhood
Thats what influenced spike lee to make the "do the right thing" movie
Its actually funny,because those spiky haired,wigger guidos around tri state area (the gotti boys for example),try to act like ghetto blacks
but nobody is afraid of italians,they are clowns
your mother is a clown you piece of shete

GrouchoMarxist

“These are a few.....”

Since: May 10

of my fav~o~rite things~~

#45 May 23, 2010
long island girl wrote:
I live in NY and no black person is scared of italian people.
"Due in part to the privileges European immigrants enjoyed as they were embraced under the social construct of whiteness, Italian criminality was generally understood to be a relatively intangible threat to the body politic, a subversive but highly organized force that could be effectively controlled by the adoption of new laws or policing strategies, and black crime, a matter of concern primarily when whites were its victims, was perceived as an unpredictable and unseemly constant, rooted in the essential primitivism of African-Americans. "

http://gradworks.umi.com/32/17/3217880.html

...they're not "scared",.....they'r e JEALOUS!

lmIao
cocainecowboy

Birmingham, AL

#46 May 23, 2010
long island girl wrote:
<quoted text>
U dumbass, police brutality is nothing new for black people. Those white cops are in jail right now getting raped and beaten by the black and hispanic gangs in prison anyways.
Second of all black people.and Italians don't think too much about each other, there is no race war, they live in completely different neighboorhoods, like the jews in brookyln do.
Theese rich white kids who live in the suburbs of queens and staten island, aren't more "scary" than the black immigrants that live in projects, buildings that smell like piss, starving
everday, losing there minds because they have no money, getting high off of anything they can find. The only thing the blacks in nyc should be scared of is other blacks because there killing each other.
those black people over there are crazy and they live in the most horrible conditions they have a right to be crazy. I used to live in far rockaway, Queens and flatbush, Brooklyn. These people are no joke, you look at them wrong and u are in trouble.
That's why my mom wanted to move us out as soon as possible, and get out of those areas even she had to act crazy to protect us, one day a guy wanted to fight her, because my brother sister and I were playing and we were "making noise". All I remember was her telling us to go in back to our little apartment, she comming out with a broom, toothpaste still in the corners of her mouth, and him all of sudden him grabbing her by her hair.
I saw a guy interrupt when he saw the man grab her by her hair, and told him to stop.(I don't why he didn't do earlier when that man confronted our mother because his ass was there watching the whole time.)
Anyways I guess something bad happened between those two guys, because I remember one day hearing shots, and that guy who confronted our mom being lifted into an ambulance.
The point Is I would rather live in the suburbs where the italians live than in the project building areas where the black immigrants live. That's why my mom moved out, and into the suburbs.
Italians swear they are black but most are living extremely comfortable lives, in the boroughs of nyc.
obviously you make no dam sense shut up
qqqqq

Newark, NJ

#47 Jun 16, 2010
Long island girls r
so
bithy like u
Raine

Stamford, CT

#48 Oct 12, 2010
Karen Callaghan wrote:
That's complete shit. I'm black and I've lived in Mill Basin for about 13 years. There aren't as many Italians here as you think. There aren't that many white people in general in Mill Basin anymore. Most of them moved out since more and more black people are moving in. And none of us are afraid of Italians. The Italian kids here are trying too hard to be black.
humble

Niles, IL

#49 Apr 10, 2011
Half black half italian wrote:
This forum spawns racism, Im from a totoally different part of the world. My father is Italian and my mother is Black, everyone is an individual. There are blacks who are scared and there are italians who are scared. You can tell when someone is insecure like the guy who commented before me, anyone who is really tough doesn't have to flex nuts, anyone who has been in enough real fights with real fighters knows that anything can happen and knows that it all comes down to the individual you are in combat with and race has nothing to do with it. By saying blacks are scared of Italians will only make blacks want to prove you wrong, and thus make Italians hate blacks more and vice versa. Please don't look backwards, look forward to see how we can come together as one race.
Thank You
I think the blacks and italians need to evaluate the mexicans ruthless attitudes towards americans. Mexicans kill informants, wives, and children they want there country back. They will not stop until they secure our border. They got cargo ships with semi automatic assault rifles, grenades, and bullet provests from russia sent to venezuela. America is gonna be up for grabs soon if the borders are not closed.
Mona

Harrisburg, PA

#50 Aug 21, 2012
BaNgBaNgBoOGiE wrote:
<quoted text>haha what a joke its the other way around italians are scared of us these italians in new york think they puerto rican or sumthin they think they latino if u call a italian person white they get mad they think they hard cuz of the mob but would be scared to fight a black man one on one thats just the truth we all kno if blacks and italians fought blacks would win easy
This is THE dumbest thing I've ever heard! I'm from a HUGE Italian family, and I've always been told by black people that they like us Italians! I've NEVER known of ANY Italian who was EVER afraid of black people! That is THE most MORONIC, most idiotic statement I've ever heard! What garbage!
Mona

Harrisburg, PA

#51 Aug 21, 2012
Raine, Why would white people try so hard to be black? That's SOOOOO stupid!!!

Burlington, NJ

#52 Jan 16, 2013
Too many Italian prosecutors and judges.
Bostonboy

Westwood, MA

#53 Mar 26, 2013
This thread makes me chucke keyboard gangsters!
Nicola

Ireland

#57 Jan 18, 2015
I really thought American would have past racism by none as there are so many diff nationalities living there esp New York. I think this italians vs blacks is from movies such as a bronx tale. Im irish and in europe there is a lot more racism here than america
Andrew

Tokyo, Japan

#59 Apr 5, 2015
Italians and blacks get along beyter than any other ethno groups. Despite a few rare cases, tgey have always gotten on really well and still do.
African Queen

United States

#61 May 30, 2015
long island girl wrote:
<quoted text>
U dumbass, police brutality is nothing new for black people. Those white cops are in jail right now getting raped and beaten by the black and hispanic gangs in prison anyways.
Second of all black people.and Italians don't think too much about each other, there is no race war, they live in completely different neighboorhoods, like the jews in brookyln do.
Theese rich white kids who live in the suburbs of queens and staten island, aren't more "scary" than the black immigrants that live in projects, buildings that smell like piss, starving everday, losing there minds because they have no money, getting high off of anything they can find. The only thing the blacks in nyc should be scared of is other blacks because there killing each other.
those black people over there are crazy and they live in the most horrible conditions they have a right to be crazy. I used to live in far rockaway, Queens and flatbush, Brooklyn. These people are no joke, you look at them wrong and u are in trouble.
That's why my mom wanted to move us out as soon as possible, and get out of those areas even she had to act crazy to protect us, one day a guy wanted to fight her, because my brother sister and I were playing and we were "making noise". All I remember was her telling us to go in back to our little apartment, she comming out with a broom, toothpaste still in the corners of her mouth, and him all of sudden him grabbing her by her hair.
I saw a guy interrupt when he saw the man grab her by her hair, and told him to stop.(I don't why he didn't do earlier when that man confronted our mother because his ass was there watching the whole time.)
Anyways I guess something bad happened between those two guys, because I remember one day hearing shots, and that guy who confronted our mom being lifted into an ambulance.
The point Is I would rather live in the suburbs where the italians live than in the project building areas where the black immigrants live. That's why my mom moved out, and into the suburbs.
Italians swear they are black but most are living extremely comfortable lives, in the boroughs of nyc.
You have serious mental issues whoever you are....
African Queen

United States

#62 May 30, 2015
African Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
You have serious mental issues whoever you are....
You're the type of itch that hide behind texting talking iish but won't dare say it to one of our faces because you know you will get the living hell beat out of you... Try doing something constructive with yourself like getting a life and not worry about how others are living unless you want to help them. Then again you probably don't even help your own kind... Ignorant tout!!
Big carmine

New York, NY

#63 Sep 9, 2016
BGTopOfTheWorld wrote:
<quoted text>

What is this? The entire thread is made up of whites. You come here to insult black immigrants? WTF?

Black immigrants are 'crazy' what are you going on about?

dear jesus!
italians will send the caribs back to their homeland in a box

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Panks 1,479,427
Mohammad - Temporal Lobe Epilepsy 2 min Israelite Suprema... 2
Overcoming the "career urge" with swirly babies 3 min Ben Quick 18
15 yo Black Female Sexually Assaulted by White ... 4 min Meen 3
Does Race Biologically Exist? 4 min SobieskiSavedEurope 518
Who would like to know what me favorite song is? 9 min Jamaica girl 13
Eurocentric Myth Busters: Blacks Are Naturally ... 10 min SobieskiSavedEurope 10
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 24 min slick willie expl... 183
No more BM/BW couple? Is black love dead? 28 min Ben Quick 50
Parents Cut Her Off for Dating a Black Man 4 hr Ben Quick 173
My Indian cousin married a black man & had a ba... 6 hr The Wookie 91
More from around the web