Don Lemon, African Americans And Raci...

Don Lemon, African Americans And Racist America

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

ONO
Level 1

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Aug 26, 2013
According to Don Lemon, African Americans fell out of the clear blue sky, fully grown and never influenced by racist America.

If Don Lemon worked from sun up to sun down for the next ten years without getting one paycheck and then fired, I'm absolutely sure he'd have a different perception of the African American.

Every African American from Oprah to Obama have experienced some form of racism, without exception.

Yet and still, Don Lemon addresses the results of racism and not once admit the cause, racism.

Sinajuavi
Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2 Aug 26, 2013
ONO wrote:
According to Don Lemon, African Americans fell out of the clear blue sky, fully grown and never influenced by racist America.
If Don Lemon worked from sun up to sun down for the next ten years without getting one paycheck and then fired, I'm absolutely sure he'd have a different perception of the African American.
Every African American from Oprah to Obama have experienced some form of racism, without exception.
Yet and still, Don Lemon addresses the results of racism and not once admit the cause, racism.
Don Lemon is on the mainstream news network CNN, and if he starts getting “black” he won't last long.

Not that CNN is particularly racist, but it's like with Obama, the perception that he's favoring “black interests” is poison in the public sphere.

Personally I think black issues should be publically addressed and dealt with, but then I'm a radical trouble-maker.

But really, your overblown rhetoric doesn't help. Oprah and Obama didn't work for years with no pay, weren't owned as slaves. Yes there is racism which continues to annoy black people daily, I am aware of this, but to expect black people to feel like they've been slaves or whites to buy into this is a bit much.

Right now, there is:

institutional apathy towards bad conditions in inner city neighborhoods which are mostly minority

discrimination by banks against blacks in lending

ongoing discrimination against blacks in housing and employment which is “silent” but nonetheless present

continuing attacks on programs such as college financial aid which benefit the poor, and therefore disproportionately benefit black people, by the GOP in Congress, following their racist “Reaganomics” template

THESE should be addressed. Everyone knows about slavery. Whites think you're obsessive and irrelevant to go on about slavery, which was generations past.

And really, there are real issues to address now. And don't expect newscasters like Don Lemon to be leading the revolution...

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#3 Aug 26, 2013
Don Lemon only dates gay white men, though he talks about the abuse his grandmother and family received from whites, he is two faced and has a double personality, you cant have it both ways. He think his education and hanging with whites give him validation. Im sure he went to a near all white college as well. On his facebook page, he is always surrounded by white people, I checked it out, and this guy does not associate with blacks like that, only when he wants to talk about white racism. He does have some valid points, but he needs to go deeper as into " why " things are the way they are. Don has probably been used like hell by white men, he wants to be white, but look down on black folks who dont want to assimilate.
WranglerJoey27

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Aug 26, 2013
Don Lemon doesn't say anything differently than Bill Cosby who have genuine concern for their lacking community. So because Don has an education and finds himself attracted to white men, takes away from him being black? You people will never get anywhere without addressing your issues. If it's an educated black person addressing them, they are white washed to you "people." If it's a gay addressing it, their point is irrelevant. What kind of black do you want caring for your lacking community? Serious question.

ONO
Level 1

Location hidden

#5 Aug 26, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Don Lemon is on the mainstream news network CNN, and if he starts getting “black” he won't last long.
Not that CNN is particularly racist, but it's like with Obama, the perception that he's favoring “black interests” is poison in the public sphere.
Personally I think black issues should be publically addressed and dealt with, but then I'm a radical trouble-maker.
But really, your overblown rhetoric doesn't help. Oprah and Obama didn't work for years with no pay, weren't owned as slaves. Yes there is racism which continues to annoy black people daily, I am aware of this, but to expect black people to feel like they've been slaves or whites to buy into this is a bit much.
Right now, there is:
institutional apathy towards bad conditions in inner city neighborhoods which are mostly minority
discrimination by banks against blacks in lending
ongoing discrimination against blacks in housing and employment which is “silent” but nonetheless present
continuing attacks on programs such as college financial aid which benefit the poor, and therefore disproportionately benefit black people, by the GOP in Congress, following their racist “Reaganomics” template
THESE should be addressed. Everyone knows about slavery. Whites think you're obsessive and irrelevant to go on about slavery, which was generations past.
And really, there are real issues to address now. And don't expect newscasters like Don Lemon to be leading the revolution...
Since you can not identify with African Americans, your response is invalid and as such, not of any value

ONO
Level 1

Location hidden

#6 Aug 26, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
Don Lemon only dates gay white men, though he talks about the abuse his grandmother and family received from whites, he is two faced and has a double personality, you cant have it both ways. He think his education and hanging with whites give him validation. Im sure he went to a near all white college as well. On his facebook page, he is always surrounded by white people, I checked it out, and this guy does not associate with blacks like that, only when he wants to talk about white racism. He does have some valid points, but he needs to go deeper as into " why " things are the way they are. Don has probably been used like hell by white men, he wants to be white, but look down on black folks who dont want to assimilate.
Very good.

Don Lemon want to point his finger at the slave and ignore the slave master.

In psychology, the manipulator is called the "master" and the target is called the "slave". The African American is still a slave in America because, psychological manipulation do not need chains and whips to control the slave.

Secondly, Don Lemon as with all ‘blame the victim behaviors have two things in common. First, they evade the real problem: racism. Second, they delete from the picture the agents of racism, white people and institutions, which either intentionally perpetrate or unintentionally collude with racism. As long as the focus remain on African Americans 's, racists can minimize or dismiss the African American's reactions, and never have to look directly at racism and the racist's own responsibility and collusion. Dumb Lemon must have read the Redneck Manual to deflect all attention from racist America and focus solely on African Americans.

Lastly, the Kerner Commission's Report was accurate and Don Lemon refusal to address the cause only aggravates the issue.

Kerner Commission: "What white Americans have never fully understood—but what the Negro can never forget—is that white society is deeply implicated in the ghetto. White institutions created it, white institutions maintain, and white society condones it."

http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/6545/

Conclusion: Lemon ignores the cause (racism) and want to keep the spot light on black people.

ONO
Level 1

Location hidden

#7 Aug 26, 2013
WranglerJoey27 wrote:
Don Lemon doesn't say anything differently than Bill Cosby who have genuine concern for their lacking community. So because Don has an education and finds himself attracted to white men, takes away from him being black? You people will never get anywhere without addressing your issues. If it's an educated black person addressing them, they are white washed to you "people." If it's a gay addressing it, their point is irrelevant. What kind of black do you want caring for your lacking community? Serious question.
Bill Cosby and Don Lemon are not representatives of the African American community.

COSBY: played second fiddle to a white actor for years. As Tonto to the Lone Ranger or Robin to Batman, Cosby is no more than a puppet of his media master. Of course, Cosby will never bite the hand that feeds him.

LEMON: The most ignorant African American on national television is your typical house boy just like Cosby.

TELEVISION MEDIA: A snake's head will lead to a snake's body.

Sinajuavi
Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#8 Aug 26, 2013
ONO wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you can not identify with African Americans, your response is invalid and as such, not of any value
Since you're a bigoted elitist, your opinion is worth coyote dung, and in person I'd slap that racism out of you.
The Infiltrator

Athens, GA

#9 Aug 26, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you're a bigoted elitist, your opinion is worth coyote dung, and in person I'd slap that racism out of you.
Then come see me boy.
WranglerJoey27

Fort Worth, TX

#10 Aug 26, 2013
ONO wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Cosby and Don Lemon are not representatives of the African American community.
COSBY: played second fiddle to a white actor for years. As Tonto to the Lone Ranger or Robin to Batman, Cosby is no more than a puppet of his media master. Of course, Cosby will never bite the hand that feeds him.
LEMON: The most ignorant African American on national television is your typical house boy just like Cosby.
Bill Cosby have always made statements that could have affected his career. He has nothing to gain for making them because even he knows that blacks have no intentions on fixing their ongoing and climbing issues. They could've destroyed the guy a long time ago. Can you answer my question from my previous post? If you don't mind.
LION

Huntersville, NC

#11 Aug 27, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
Don do have great points though. That cannot be ignored.
LION

Huntersville, NC

#12 Aug 27, 2013
ONO wrote:
<quoted text>
Second fiddle? Cosby Show? Fat Albert?
You seem to cant take criticism which is a problem of the black community.

ONO
Level 1

Location hidden

#13 Aug 27, 2013
LION wrote:
<quoted text>
stick with guilt tripping African American on economics.

ONO
Level 1

Location hidden

#14 Aug 27, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fantasy exceeds your capacity and realistic ability.

ONO
Level 1

Location hidden

#15 Aug 27, 2013
WranglerJoey27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Cosby have always made statements that could have affected his career. He has nothing to gain for making them because even he knows that blacks have no intentions on fixing their ongoing and climbing issues. They could've destroyed the guy a long time ago. Can you answer my question from my previous post? If you don't mind.
What previous post?

ONO
Level 1

Location hidden

#16 Aug 27, 2013
LION wrote:
<quoted text>
Don do have great points though. That cannot be ignored.
Don will not address "social engineering" and if you believe society is not influenced by the media, you need a course in marketing.

ONO
Level 1

Location hidden

#17 Aug 27, 2013
LION wrote:
<quoted text>
You need this.

All social engineering techniques are based on specific attributes of human decision-making known as cognitive biases.[3] These biases, sometimes called "bugs in the human hardware," are exploited in various combinations to create attack techniques,

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_enginee... (security)
WranglerJoey27

Fort Worth, TX

#18 Aug 27, 2013
ONO wrote:
<quoted text>
What previous post?
Post #4.

ONO
Level 1

Location hidden

#19 Aug 27, 2013
There seems.to be a malfunction
hey

Penfield, NY

#20 Aug 27, 2013
ONO wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Bill Cosby and Don Lemon ARE the representatives of the black community. It's people like you and others that just don't get it and think everything is racist and only white people are to blame that DO NOT belong. And it's about time that the decent people, not necessarily rich or even school educated, have spoken out and taken charge. Finally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Incognito4Ever 1,396,483
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 5 min thetruth 46,638
Why Does It Take So Many BMs To Fight 1 White, ... (Jul '15) 7 min T-BOS 322
VP Pick.... Christie or Gingrich 8 min RMGHispanic Causi... 8
Hannity still rehashing Benghazi 9 min Hillary 2016 9
CROOKED Hillary : AG must recuse herself after ... 11 min Drilling for the ... 4
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 14 min southern at heart 2,138
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 16 min thetruth 32,739
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 32 min Moses 136,185
The KKK making a comeback, going after coons ag... 1 hr Moses 43
Eurafrica 3 hr enoch powell 99
More from around the web