Why do blacks get a month for themselves?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ThePaleWhiteHors e

United States

#1 Apr 18, 2013
Please don't say every other month is white history month.
burrito crazy

Toronto, Canada

#2 Apr 18, 2013
then why dont they start a asian , latino, native, european,indian, history month? I mean surely everybody has undergone injustice just like the iberians for 600 years .or the chinese under mao . Or stalin .
So why do blacks get a history month?
because some uneducated people have a hard time letting go of the past and cant move on and make their lives better.Its all part of the victim mentality some possess because of their lack of accomplishments
ThePaleWhiteHors e

United States

#3 Apr 18, 2013
Interesting POV.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#4 Apr 18, 2013
Because whitey gets 11 months for whitey.
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#5 Apr 18, 2013
Think of it this way. A Holiday is when you don't WORK, right? So in reality, EVERY day is a black holiday...
burrito crazy

Toronto, Canada

#7 Apr 18, 2013
Bronze5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't Jews move on from the holocaust...I mean there were 12 million killed, but Jews take all the credit. We real blacks don't give a damn about your black history month. Keep your month of coonery, I celebrate my history all year round.
Because they want to play victim and take advantage of whatever they can for themselves. Everybody is selfish and everybody thinks they are superior to all others.Its not just a "white" thing.Arabs hate indians and filipinos.Chinese hate indians and japanese.Chinese think they did not evolve from africa but on their own.Its good you are proud of your heritage.But just because we are proud of our racial identity and heritage.It does not means we should insult another racial identity or heritage.We cant pick what race we are born into , or how we die.WE CAN HOWEVER CHOOSE HOW TO LIVE, the way we want to live
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#8 Apr 18, 2013
EBT Blackman wrote:
Think of it this way. A Holiday is when you don't WORK, right? So in reality, EVERY day is a black holiday...
Exactly! For your family azz wipe!

Level 7

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#9 Apr 18, 2013
burrito crazy wrote:
then why dont they start a asian , latino, native, european,indian, history month? I mean surely everybody has undergone injustice just like the iberians for 600 years .or the chinese under mao . Or stalin .
So why do blacks get a history month?
because some uneducated people have a hard time letting go of the past and cant move on and make their lives better.Its all part of the victim mentality some possess because of their lack of accomplishments
Let's see....

Asian Pacific American Month (May)- passed in 1992 by Congressional Resolution

National Hispanic Heritage Month (Sept 15 - Oct 15)- started as a week designated by LBJ but later expanded to a month by Ronald Reagan in 1988 and enacted into law that same year.

American Indian Heritage Month (November)- declared by George H. W. Bush in 1990 and passed into law in November of that same year.

Polish American Heritage Month (October 1991)- proclamation by George H. W. Bush

Italian American Heritage and Culture Month (October 2010)- proclamation by Barack Obama

Need I go on? Acknowledging heritage and culture by designating a specific period of time for special recognition does not have anything solely to do with oppression or the like but rather the recognition of contributions of all groups to the fabric of our society.

Please learn something before opening your mouth.
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

London, UK

#10 Apr 18, 2013
I think its to make negrows feel better about deyseffs and their lack of achievement or contribution to the modern society......they r a failed race

....it gives them an opportunity to put forward lies and fantasies about bogus blak inventions and dicoveries
burrito crazy

Toronto, Canada

#11 Apr 18, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see....
Asian Pacific American Month (May)- passed in 1992 by Congressional Resolution
National Hispanic Heritage Month (Sept 15 - Oct 15)- started as a week designated by LBJ but later expanded to a month by Ronald Reagan in 1988 and enacted into law that same year.
American Indian Heritage Month (November)- declared by George H. W. Bush in 1990 and passed into law in November of that same year.
Polish American Heritage Month (October 1991)- proclamation by George H. W. Bush
Italian American Heritage and Culture Month (October 2010)- proclamation by Barack Obama
Need I go on? Acknowledging heritage and culture by designating a specific period of time for special recognition does not have anything solely to do with oppression or the like but rather the recognition of contributions of all groups to the fabric of our society.
Please learn something before opening your mouth.
Derek that is great to hear but again the school system and the society as a whole.Make a big fuss about black history month and the other months are merely.Oh yeah by the way its "Asian history month". I am not american so thus you cannot assume I do not know what I am talking about .But again it seems black history month gets the most attention from the society as a whole.Where is native american history month? I appreciate your last segment it is about acknowledging contributions of all groups to our society.
burrito crazy

Toronto, Canada

#12 Apr 18, 2013
Allow me to rephrase, why is their not enough attention on native american history month , or latino history month?

Level 7

Location hidden

#13 Apr 18, 2013
burrito crazy wrote:
<quoted text>Derek that is great to hear but again the school system and the society as a whole.Make a big fuss about black history month and the other months are merely.Oh yeah by the way its "Asian history month". I am not american so thus you cannot assume I do not know what I am talking about .But again it seems black history month gets the most attention from the society as a whole.Where is native american history month? I appreciate your last segment it is about acknowledging contributions of all groups to our society.
I made an error, it's Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month. No, you're not American but please check Pub.L. 102-450. My reference is sound. That's what they call it here in the US.

I already referenced the Native American month in my prior post. What I posted is the official name. Please read.

Why does it offend so you that Black History Month gets the most fanfare? Believe it or not, all those other groups are also acknowledged and celebrated. Certainly more prominently in some places than others but the fact that you don't see it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#14 Apr 18, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>

Why does it offend so you that Black History Month gets the most fanfare?
The lies, mostly.
http://tightrope.cc/Black-Invention-Myths.htm

Level 7

Location hidden

#15 Apr 18, 2013
EBT Blackman wrote:
<quoted text>The lies, mostly.
http://tightrope.cc/Black-Invention-Myths.htm
When do-nothings like yourself have a body of work they can point to rather than riding the coattails of others, then you might have room to talk. Until then, carry on punching the clock at your warehouse job.
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#16 Apr 18, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
When do-nothings like yourself have a body of work they can point to rather than riding the coattails of others, then you might have room to talk. Until then, carry on punching the clock at your warehouse job.
What's the black "body of work"? Destroying Western Civilization? Wilding? "Knock out King"? "Beat Whitey Night"?

Level 7

Location hidden

#17 Apr 18, 2013
EBT Blackman wrote:
<quoted text>What's the black "body of work"? Destroying Western Civilization? Wilding? "Knock out King"? "Beat Whitey Night"?
I'm talking about YOU, genius. You've got nothing in the way of personal accomplishment and you know it.
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#18 Apr 18, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about YOU, genius. You've got nothing in the way of personal accomplishment and you know it.
How can you possibly know this? Because I post on Topix?(as do you)
Because you disapprove of my opinions? Or are you simply talking out of your black azz?
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#19 Apr 18, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me also say that I dined in a restaurant today and left a gratuity. Which is more than YOU have ever done....

Level 7

Location hidden

#20 Apr 18, 2013
EBT Blackman wrote:
<quoted text>How can you possibly know this? Because I post on Topix?(as do you)
Because you disapprove of my opinions? Or are you simply talking out of your black azz?
Did I strike a nerve? I'm not talking out of my azz anymore than you are...or did you forget your 'Penitentiary is not a University' comment?
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#21 Apr 18, 2013
DerekJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I strike a nerve? I'm not talking out of my azz anymore than you are...or did you forget your 'Penitentiary is not a University' comment?
You're a lawyer. That officially makes you a part of the problem, NOT the solution.
Or is getting violent felons off with a slap on the wrist virtuous?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 2 min Deuteronomy 28 115,622
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,217,520
Every poll shows blacks hated more now than pre... 9 min Big Knob 28
News Young conservative CJ Pearson calls out 'radica... 13 min Oh No You Di-nt 1
I have the right to say I'm African-American. 14 min Oh No You Di-nt 8
"Monkeys Monkeys" thread (#24) 19 min Sir Jethro 48
Why are so many (B) Americans criminals? 27 min Big Knob 6
Latino Men are Sexier than black men. (Jan '13) 49 min Big Knob 774
News In Detroit Hospital, Black Babies Are Latching On 1 hr Oh No You Di-nt 27
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 1 hr Masud_S_Hoghughi__ 123,719
More from around the web