Are Africans illiterate, backward, un...
french west indian

Crosne, France

#28 Aug 9, 2007
Cox wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so right. africa is not a hell hole because you cannot comment on the issues of africa when you have never set foot in it. same as we can not comment on the issues of other countries. what you have to understand is the media exagerates what you see for thier own benefit or for the benefit of donor funding or whatever political thing they might cook up. i am a Zimbabwean and live inthe southern parts of the region. we are comfortable. our country has never experienced war inthe past 27 years and there is peace. eccept for economic distotions and lack of traparency in our leadership, the people can compete in any global market and are able to produce excellent results. we have plaaces like the victoria falls, the great zimbabwe, nyanga mountains to name but a few tourist destinations but no yu guys choose to ignore all that. we might be slow but we are not living in hell. we also have state of the art technology, good road, farming equipment that is close to what you guys have out there. please hell is what is happening in Iraq and the the middle east. some parts of africa yes but not all of it.
THanks you Cox!! Don't pay attention to this FOOL!I have been to Africa ,Benin a wonderful west african country ,they are really doing well in this country,no war at all,all the technology, a country which succeeds to maintain his main traditions,never saw people starving there!!In spite of all exploitations of their ressources ,many African countries are doing well, there is corrupton in every countries not only in Africa.It is stupid to compare African contries with Asians because no continent suffered from abuses and exploitations like Africa. At the time Europeans went to Africa ,there were prosperous kingdoms well organized.I know many europeans who live in Africa but don't want to leave even if they keep on showing bad images,think about it ! It is a way to look down on others to feel better!
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#29 Aug 9, 2007
No.

Here are some links about not well known African writing systems:

http://www.library.cornell.edu/africana/Writi...

http://carlos.emory.edu/ODYSSEY/AFRICA/AF_com...

http://www.thisdayonline.com/archive/2002/01/...

Those here who know me know me might be done! but me got plenty more where dat come from.

Note: My links aren't false fantasy garbage.

Ps: Name the European invented scripts, excluding Greek, or the present-day Phonician one we use.

Word 2 da wise:

I'm not saying anything bad here, JUST syaing that civilization spreads, and has not always lived where it is.
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#30 Aug 9, 2007
Go here and view somma my links,

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/T6JM5ATFAQTI0...

or

go directly to sum info:

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TANBN1N6PJDG4...

(^skip the posts with all the information jumbled together, underneath them I redid 'em when I did accidently jumble 'em)

Also, there are way too many threads where I exploded, showed pictures, and flat out sourced my work, and then the ignorant trolls like this leave.

BTW, guess who's the smartest minority in the UK now?-Yeah, you guessed it, they're miles ahead of us in terms of racial issues.

http://www.aaregistry.com/eimage/PhillipEmeag... (Science).gif

http://www.aaregistry.com/african_american_hi...

And he^, and alot of other smart ones BARELY MAKE it. When you're poor, and STARVING, reading isn't your biggest concern. That's common sense, what an &$$-hole. Keep making fun of funny asian accents, kids working for dimes, AIDs in Africa, while they pass you up and leave your redneck aRse in poverty. History reveals, things often flip. ;)
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#31 Aug 9, 2007
http://www.aaregistry.com/eimage/PhillipEmeag... (Science).gif

first link again

Since: Jul 07

Central Connecticut

#33 Aug 9, 2007
Athithan wrote:
why is Africa the most underdeveloped poorest continent in the world???
is it because its people are illiterate, backward, uncivilized, are not smart why????
why is every country in Africa a basket case laughing stock , tell me one county that is recognized as a developed nation
Two countries that looked promising South Africa and Zimbabwe are going downhill in a big way. Why??? they want to join their cousin nation and be cursed for life as poor nation
why? Is it because of whites leaving and deserting Africa or is it because of the brain drain.
does this mean whites are smarter than the blacks, definitely in the south African example the country was much better financially managed before freedom than its is now.
If this so what about china , Japan, India, Brazil, Russia there is no white people there still these countries are much better developed than Africa
Will Africa ever develop in to a Super Power like China, Russia, United States, Why not???
why??? Is it because Africa lacks Natural recourses, Human Recourses, Knowledge Recourses, I don't think so....
Why are African American better off than African Africans, are they some how smarter than their ancestors??? Again this is definitely not the case....
Its seems the case for underdeveloped countries is common for any country that is
„» Brain, Knowledge Drain
„» Bad corrupt Management
„» Uneducated Leader
„» Colonial Abuse of some nations
„» Basically not willing to learn from other nations, co operation between nations for the common good.
China, India, Russia, Brazil were a basket case 10 years ago, look at them now why can they modernize and Africa can not,
Why can not African nation leader create a common union under one currency one market and then develop a centralized system similar to United States, India, Russia, China and develop their internal economy, create a literate population that can be used as cheep outsourced labor market to develop anything and everything.
Can they not see this happening in India , China , Brazil, Russia. Why don¡¦t they experiment and create economies that are stable.
All question and no answers, I¡¦m an optimists , I¡¦m not African but I want Africa to develop create a common market common currency and create a superpower that is par with the rest of the world.
I believe Africa has the
„» Human resources
„» Natural resources
„» Knowledge Resources
To be a power in the near future but only if nation co operate and learn from other on developing and creating a stable economy.
Will Africa ever come out of Poverty.
Your comments¡K
The one thing I missed in your comments is 'why you care/ You seem to be from another country? Don't have enough problems (racial) there? The answers are numerous and I'm sure not easy to agree upon nor implement.
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#34 Aug 9, 2007
It appears they'd rather claim ANYTHING, EVEN INFERIOR DESCENCE, than to be descended from Africans:

http://h1.topix.net/forum/afam/THJSKVK3P1710U...

Central Connecticut

#36 Aug 9, 2007
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>Mmm Hmm...Tell THAT to Oprah Winfrey, Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith.....should I continue? Blacks are not "unlucky". Poor ghetto dwellers are too lazy to better themselves. The sooner one realizes that, the sooner they can get "lucky".
I do agree that 'some''poor' and 'ghetto' dwellers are lazy. I'm 'surprised' be some of the people I know that don't want to leave their 'Section 8' environments...don't want to 'get married' because that would 'change' their 'financial sitiuation or child support'...don't want to work more hours or overtime because it would 'affect' their welfare...don't even want to learn how to 'drive' because everyone would 'want a ride' WTF?
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#37 Aug 9, 2007
lol, Oprah's a rape victom, but whatever.

DidYouKnow?:

Actor Tom Hanks was in a hole in life and luckily somehow got "chosen" to do a movie. I think it was Tom Hanks.

Foils your point.

Also, listing celebrities is incredibly stupid for a variety of other reasons.
African

Fresno, CA

#38 Aug 9, 2007

Central Connecticut

#39 Aug 9, 2007
Willing Thinker wrote:
lol, Oprah's a rape victom, but whatever.
DidYouKnow?:
Actor Tom Hanks was in a hole in life and luckily somehow got "chosen" to do a movie. I think it was Tom Hanks.
Foils your point.
Also, listing celebrities is incredibly stupid for a variety of other reasons.
What the hell does her being a 'rape' victim have to do with your point?
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#40 Aug 9, 2007
He listed her in response to saying we are unlucky.

Oprah hasnot been *lucky*.

That's like me randomly pullin Bill Gates outta my you-know-where and calling him lucky.

What the he__ was his point IS MY POINT.

Comprehend?
Sinajuavi

Brownsburg, VA

#41 Aug 9, 2007
It is quite easy to find parts of Africa where prosperity is happening, though not fast enough, and where there is much culture and interesting things going on...

Ghana is a good example, also Senegal, Botswana...

Of course the media never shows this.

On the Travel Channel's "No Reservations" with Anthony Bourdain recently he went to Ghana and made exactly that point...look at all the culture, the interesting great people, all that's going on here... what a contrast to the image we get on the news of fly-covered starvation victims and civil wars.

One has to watch more than Fox News to get a real picture of Africa, or of anything.

Central Connecticut

#43 Aug 9, 2007
Willing Thinker wrote:
He listed her in response to saying we are unlucky.
Oprah hasnot been *lucky*.
That's like me randomly pullin Bill Gates outta my you-know-where and calling him lucky.
What the he__ was his point IS MY POINT.
Comprehend?
Regardless of how one may have reached 'the top' it's not accurate to attribute their success to just 'luck' or 'unluck.' If you work hard for what you have, continue to invest in the right resources/people and earn more- more power to you. The 'rich' blacks don't need to apologize for their success; nor do they 'owe' any one in particular a 'piece of the pie.' If they are full of pride...their 'fall' will not be far behind.
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#44 Aug 9, 2007
Ovbiously^. I was arguing AGAINST that very notion of attributing something to luck *on an assumptious basis*.
cinco wrote:
' If they are full of pride...their 'fall' will not be far behind.
The same can be said "believe it - or not" about the current-day heirs of the new world order (NWO)/ White Supremacy/"Western-civili zation".(Which are those of the European extraction)
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#45 Aug 9, 2007
And it IS happening, as, in order:

Africans, Indians (India), and Chinese are surpassing them greatly in academics.

I would say they were surpassing 'us' too, but african americans were never really significant to surpass in such an area as a group.
french west indian

Crosne, France

#46 Aug 9, 2007
Jawga Boy wrote:
While it is so easy to lay claim to what Africans did eons ago, I think the question should be ask what are all Africans doing today, when it comes to current technology. The current argument over whether people im Egypt was black 5,000 years ago is moot. We cannot live in the past, so let's see what Africans are doing as far as progress.
I tend to think, the Afrocentric people much rather gloss over the current events that's happening in Africa today, and substitute past history in order to cover Africa"s shortcomings in today's world.
Rome once was a great nation and it fell, but Romans are still producing goods for the world even today.
Otherwise with all of the resources in Africa, and no major factories in most of Africa, the y are NOT producing anything the world uses on a daily basis.
That's akin to a former rapper telling you how many hits he made back in 1993, but how many hits has he made since then?
Living in a glorious past, cannot bring you up to the currents standards of the world.
you should educate yourself,blacks in america are the only one who are talking about ancient egypt as if they were ashamed of their past of slaves.you won't see true Africans talking about Egypt !I have been to Africa and many countries are doing well,you won't see it in the news,many countries have central nuclear , cameroon and even nigeria are heathly, ivory coast is the first producer of cocoa ,coffee,hevea,they made chocolate and have the best quality of coffee,with hevea there is a big multinational called bracodi who make a lot of useful things ,a lot of entrepreneur are arising but the system like world bank try to slow all these factories !! I visited a lot of museums in Europe and in the us and they are full af African Art .It is funny because they used to look down on others cultures,countries like zimbabwe produced tobbaco and have factories making cigars, many countries there have all the technology but there is problem of leadership and imperialism coming from the us and european countries(westeners), most Africans are well educated
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#47 Aug 9, 2007
Jawga Boy wrote:
While it is so easy to lay claim to what Africans did eons ago, I think the question should be ask what are all Africans doing today, when it comes to current technology. The current argument over whether people im Egypt was black 5,000 years ago is moot. We cannot live in the past, so let's see what Africans are doing as far as progress.
I tend to think, the Afrocentric people much rather gloss over the current events that's happening in Africa today, and substitute past history in order to cover Africa"s shortcomings in today's world.
Rome once was a great nation and it fell, but Romans are still producing goods for the world even today.
Otherwise with all of the resources in Africa, and no major factories in most of Africa, the y are NOT producing anything the world uses on a daily basis.
That's akin to a former rapper telling you how many hits he made back in 1993, but how many hits has he made since then?
Living in a glorious past, cannot bring you up to the currents standards of the world.
I did not post on what "Africans did eons ago", illiterate fool. They were political issues about today.

Well, the ones I posted, under the alias "Africa".

Here, can you read this?
new writer wrote:
The Botswana economy has had the fastest growth of any nation in the world over the last thirty-five years and it now has surplus cash to be used for treatment and prevention.
It's not a Nigeria, but it doesn't have the crime rates of a Nigeria or a London or a New York either, and it IS improving.

From here:

http://www.aaregistry.com/phpQJr/poll.php
Willing Thinker

Fresno, CA

#48 Aug 9, 2007
LOL @ the fox news comment there, sinajuavi.:D

It wasn't bad when I was watching yesterday (good for the blood pressure):)

Speaking of moronic imbecilic bigots...
french west indian wrote:
<quoted text>you should educate yourself,blacks in america are the only one who are talking about ancient egypt as if they were ashamed of their past of slave
You should educate yourself, FWI.

Whites in the past even claimed Indain civilizations, and that the Zulus were white before being "tainted" by native african blood.

And today, Egyptology is a subject like anything else.

*Why talk about ancient Indian civilization?

*Why speak of ancient Greece?

*Why speak of ancient Maya civilization?

so, kid, you see

*Why then speak of the ancient civilization of Kemet, or "Egypt", as you now call it?

<<<<stereotypical Afro-American voice>>>>> >>>>>

Because the ____(expletive - count the blanks) I can.

Gotta problem?

<<<<<<</s tereotypical Afro-American voice>>>>>>
just

La Plata, MD

#49 Aug 9, 2007
Athithan wrote:
why is Africa the most underdeveloped poorest continent in the world???
is it because its people are illiterate, backward, uncivilized, are not smart why????
why is every country in Africa a basket case laughing stock , tell me one county that is recognized as a developed nation
Two countries that looked promising South Africa and Zimbabwe are going downhill in a big way. Why??? they want to join their cousin nation and be cursed for life as poor nation
why? Is it because of whites leaving and deserting Africa or is it because of the brain drain.
does this mean whites are smarter than the blacks, definitely in the south African example the country was much better financially managed before freedom than its is now.
If this so what about china , Japan, India, Brazil, Russia there is no white people there still these countries are much better developed than Africa
Will Africa ever develop in to a Super Power like China, Russia, United States, Why not???
why??? Is it because Africa lacks Natural recourses, Human Recourses, Knowledge Recourses, I don't think so....
Why are African American better off than African Africans, are they some how smarter than their ancestors??? Again this is definitely not the case....
Its seems the case for underdeveloped countries is common for any country that is
„» Brain, Knowledge Drain
„» Bad corrupt Management
„» Uneducated Leader
„» Colonial Abuse of some nations
„» Basically not willing to learn from other nations, co operation between nations for the common good.
China, India, Russia, Brazil were a basket case 10 years ago, look at them now why can they modernize and Africa can not,
Why can not African nation leader create a common union under one currency one market and then develop a centralized system similar to United States, India, Russia, China and develop their internal economy, create a literate population that can be used as cheep outsourced labor market to develop anything and everything.
Can they not see this happening in India , China , Brazil, Russia. Why don¡¦t they experiment and create economies that are stable.
All question and no answers, I¡¦m an optimists , I¡¦m not African but I want Africa to develop create a common market common currency and create a superpower that is par with the rest of the world.
I believe Africa has the
„» Human resources
„» Natural resources
„» Knowledge Resources
To be a power in the near future but only if nation co operate and learn from other on developing and creating a stable economy.
Will Africa ever come out of Poverty.
Your comments¡K
African girl out perform white boys. news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/ed ucation/3517171.stm
Chas Maxie

Roseville, CA

#51 May 14, 2013
I would tend to agree that aficans are backwards and uncivilized at the least. The only country in the world that uses mass Genocide for population control. Rape appears to be a viable pastime for african men as it is at epidemic propotions. You have to remember that africa lives in the first chakra, the sensual, primal instint,rape,genocide and violence,they are hard wired for it and of course its much worse since aparthied ended. They have to many babies, but as soon as you mention sterilization thay scream Eugenics. the goverments of all these countrys cannot provide protectio for their own people because they are so corrupt, I mean really, give me a break, Good Luck Johnathan? The worst part of it all are the co dependent compassion fatigued white women in our country who who have this pathological fetish to help them , rape in the congo, empowering women ect, I hope you get my drift. Not another penny should be given to that country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NEANDERTHALS made WHITES more INTELLIGENT (Apr '13) 2 min Moses 1,674
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Obama is a joke 1,403,949
HOW IS UNITY WORKING OUT: Sanders supporters B... 4 min Drilling for the ... 10
Poll Why are Dominicans so stupid? (Jun '08) 14 min Jabawabi 71
News Museum on blacks advances 15 min VINNY BOOM BOTS 4
The DNC Convention 19 min VINNY BOOM BOTS 7
Himba people about to be wiped off their land. 35 min VINNY BOOM BOTS 3
News Black therapist with hands up shot by cops whil... 3 hr I joined the AAAn... 157
DNC CONVENTION IN CHAOS --- Will Bernie sell ou... 3 hr RMG El Rey de Tra... 18
The RNC tried to Cheat Trump out of Nomination 4 hr Give Me Give Me G... 21
Democratic National Committee SUED by Sanders V... 6 hr RMG El Rey de Tra... 24
More from around the web