60% of blacks on welfare, compared to...

60% of blacks on welfare, compared to 4% of whites

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

AKJ

“akj”

Level 1

Since: May 08

I love my lil son..:)

#2 Feb 27, 2009
I work in social services....Esp. in today's times, almost everyone is suffering...

Welfare Expenditures by Ethnic Group

Written By: Robert Rector
Published In: Intellectual Ammunition
Publication Date: September 1, 2007
Publisher: The Heartland Institute

----------

At present, over 70 means-tested aid programs provide cash, food, housing, medical care, social services, and training to lower income persons in the United States. Among the largest programs are Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, the Earned Income Tax Credit, Medicaid, Food Stamps, and child nutrition programs.

Total means-tested welfare expenditures by federal and state governments amounted to roughly $384 billion in 1998. Of that sum,$212 billion--55 percent--went to white recipients. Some $105 billion--28 percent--went to black recipients, and $69 billion--17 percent--went to Hispanic recipients.

Aid to black and Hispanic welfare recipients is greater in proportion to the size of their populations than is aid to white recipients. This can be seen by determining the average welfare expenditure per person for each ethnic group.

As a group, the 207 million white residents in the U.S. population receive $212 billion in benefits. As a group, then, they receive some $1,022 per person in welfare aid.

There are some 30 million Hispanic residents in the U.S., and Hispanics as a group receive $69 billion in welfare, or roughly $2,210 per person. As a group, the 33 million black residents in the U.S. receive $105 billion in welfare aid, or roughly $3,230 per person.

These figures represent the hypothetical amount each individual would receive if total welfare spending for each ethnic group were spread evenly among all members of that group. Consequently, the figures should not be interpreted to represent the aid actually received by persons on welfare--those numbers would be far higher.

In addition, the per-capita figures should not be interpreted to mean the typical black or Hispanic welfare recipient receives higher welfare benefits than the typical white recipient. In fact, welfare aid per recipient would tend to be similar across all three ethnic groups.

The per-capita welfare spending figures are higher for black recipients because the percentage of the total black population that receives welfare is greater than the percentage of the white population that receives welfare. The same is true for Hispanic recipients.

The higher rates of welfare receipt among blacks and Hispanics are largely the result of the erosion of marriage among those groups. In 1998, 69.1 percent of black children were born outside of wedlock. Among Hispanics the number was 41.6 percent, while among non-Hispanic whites the number was 21.9 percent.

----------

Robert Rector is a policy analyst at The Heritage Foundation.

----------

“KK's 5 Star Beauty”

Since: May 08

KK The Capo Don Supreme

#3 Feb 27, 2009
sufio wrote:
Are blacks really lazy, dumb and violently brutal? I'm black myself and i'm ashamed of these facts and figures.
Whatever you have to tell yourself to feel justified trailer trash.
fed up with the mess

United States

#4 Feb 27, 2009
sufio wrote:
Are blacks really lazy, dumb and violently brutal? I'm black myself and i'm ashamed of these facts and figures.
You are stupid for believing this. These are white lies....get with the program.
fed up with the mess

United States

#5 Feb 27, 2009
sufio wrote:
No, but your mammy is and you are not black. You are a white as.
fed up with the mess

United States

#7 Feb 27, 2009
merry wrote:
<quoted text>
Your figure is a little high, but i got your point. Blacks are the largest ethnic group to recieve govt welfare and the highest % of out of wedlock pregnancy.
Another dumbas with blinders on.

“"Living life"”

Since: Oct 07

((Material Status))

#8 Feb 27, 2009
Duh now tell me something I don't know.
Ron Dog20

China Grove, NC

#9 Feb 28, 2009
merry wrote:
<quoted text>
Your figure is a little high, but i got your point. Blacks are the largest ethnic group to recieve govt welfare and the highest % of out of wedlock pregnancy.
Total means-tested welfare expenditures by federal and state governments amounted to roughly $384 billion in 1998. Of that sum,$212 billion--55 percent--went to white recipients. Some $105 billion--28 percent--went to black recipients, and $69 billion--17 percent--went to Hispanic recipients.
Ron Dog20

China Grove, NC

#10 Feb 28, 2009
sufio wrote:
Tiodolphilus

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jul 9, 2009
Go figure!
Savant

Baltimore, MD

#12 Jul 9, 2009
AKJ wrote:
I work in social services....Esp. in today's times, almost everyone is suffering...
----------
At present, over 70 means-tested aid programs provide cash, food, housing, medical care, social services, and training to lower income persons in the United States. Among the largest programs are Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, the Earned Income Tax Credit, Medicaid, Food Stamps, and child nutrition programs.
Aid to black and Hispanic welfare recipients is greater in proportion to the size of their populations than is aid to white recipients. This can be seen by determining the average welfare expenditure per person for each ethnic group.
As a group, the 207 million white residents in the U.S. population receive $212 billion in benefits. As a group, then, they receive some $1,022 per person in welfare aid.
There are some 30 million Hispanic residents in the U.S., and Hispanics as a group receive $69 billion in welfare, or roughly $2,210 per person. As a group, the 33 million black residents in the U.S. receive $105 billion in welfare aid, or roughly $3,230 per person.
These figures represent the hypothetical amount each individual would receive if total welfare spending for each ethnic group were spread evenly among all members of that group. Consequently, the figures should not be interpreted to represent the aid actually received by persons on welfare--those numbers would be far higher.
In addition, the per-capita figures should not be interpreted to mean the typical black or Hispanic welfare recipient receives higher welfare benefits than the typical white recipient. In fact, welfare aid per recipient would tend to be similar across all three ethnic groups.
The per-capita welfare spending figures are higher for black recipients because the percentage of the total black population that receives welfare is greater than the percentage of the white population that receives welfare. The same is true for Hispanic recipients.
The higher rates of welfare receipt among blacks and Hispanics are largely the result of the erosion of marriage among those groups. In 1998, 69.1 percent of black children were born outside of wedlock. Among Hispanics the number was 41.6 percent, while among non-Hispanic whites the number was 21.9 percent.
----------
----------
Sixty per cent of Blacks are not unemployed nor on welfare.
As for the erosion of marriage, that is a universal pheenomenon, with most members of ALL racial groups being single even when of marriageable age. The reasons for this is partly economic and partly cultural.
The economic ravages of capitalism is more severe in Black and Latin communities than in white. Where it is severe enough among whites, you see unemployment and destroyed families.
And finally, the cultural shifts since the 1960s are such that many people (both sexes and all racial groups) willingly either choose not to marry or choose to greatly delay marriage--sometimes delaying until it is too late.
truth teller

United States

#13 Jul 23, 2011
Blacks are an economic nightmare.
Level 6

Since: Feb 11

Temecula, CA

#14 Jul 23, 2011
AKJ wrote:
No you don't, maybe for the U.S. Gov't Accounting Ofc. Otherwise, you'd realize that it all depends on which county/state for which you are employed within the DPSS system?
In Riverside County, Cali, which has a greater pop than most states, there are countless White families currently eking out a subsistant living off of only food stamps and state unemployment checks which was continued BY PRESIDENT OBAMA a couple mos. ago over the objections of the Republican Congress.
Furthermore, there have been and still are many White children between six and seventeen, mostly boys, being reared by Foster Care due to lack of qualified families and available adoption candidates.
Stop pointing the finger at Blacks or Mexicans as the all encompassing problem with America.
Level 6

Temecula, CA

#15 Jul 23, 2011
AKJ wrote:
You are an insane worry-wart. Many Hispanics are Spanish Whites, and Latins constitute 56% of ALL inter-racial marriages, by far the highest rate. So when you speak of hispanics, you also speak for Whites as well.
Start being a uniter and not a divider.
Randy one

United States

#16 Nov 4, 2011
Blacks make up 12.6 %of US pop, 60%of that number are on welfare assistance of some kind.
Fact not racist!
Research the % of blacks employed by civil service vs % of black pop!!! The US Gov is the
Major employer of the black pop. Civil Service is a racist organization and should be taken to court
For reverse discrimination !! If white try getting a Civil Service job!!!
Fact not fiction, look it up for yourself!!

“honey is liquid sunshine”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

BeeHavin Ohio

#17 Nov 4, 2011
AKJ wrote:
----------
----------
----------
Corporate welfare is the real problem. Corporations paying very
little if any in taxes.Now Repub and teapgaggers are complaining
about the poor not paying taxes and receiving welfare because they're poor.ON THE OTHER HAND THESE CORPS ARE NOT POOR:

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11...
auntie bee

Mount Vernon, IA

#18 Nov 4, 2011
iamcuriousnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Corporate welfare is the real problem. Corporations paying very
little if any in taxes.Now Repub and teapgaggers are complaining
about the poor not paying taxes and receiving welfare because they're poor.ON THE OTHER HAND THESE CORPS ARE NOT POOR:
http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11...
you spammin pile of rotten afterbirth!
Hispanics Spanish White

Douglassville, PA

#19 Jan 16, 2012
they are all the same they are Black!!

Hispanics are black and all middle eastern,japs,china,indians, etc are black loof at your you tue history and you will see
Level 6

Temecula, CA

#20 Jan 16, 2012
In California our union's most populous state, it's still African Americans taking the top spot as far as unemployment insurance claims in large part do to discrimination, followed by Latinos, then Whites, then Azians who have the lowest numbers on sate aid.
Hope everybody enjoyed taking MLK Day off from work....while simultaneously spewing hatred for this great historical figure, alos unpatriotically hating our President.

Since: Jan 12

Oak Park, IL

#21 Jan 16, 2012
Black people deny everything negative even if it's true and say everybodies lying.
answers

United States

#22 Jan 16, 2012
That's not our problem. What do you plan to do about it besides b!tch?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do white people hate other races so much 5 min NotSoDivineMsM 454
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min RoxLo 1,233,650
White Women Hate White Men. White Women Belong ... (Apr '14) 6 min Terrance 66
UruEuWauWau is flash the super hero 7 min UruEuWauWau 50
Eminem is the greatest rapper alive 9 min TheOriginalDoby 38
Asian Women are tough! 13 min Jax 15
News Must See: Black Family Receives Letter From Nei... 14 min Cywar1 28
Why do good looking black women like white men ... (Sep '12) 34 min Guest 6,866
Blacks Are Biologically Superior To Whites (Sep '12) 1 hr PolakPotrafi 334
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 2 hr Ben YISRAEL 120,849