not all black women want a thug maybe its just the one's you like w...

Posted in the African-American Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 72 Comments Last updated Apr 20, 2007
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mack

Bethesda, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 15, 2007
 
Ccute, my sista, us normal educated black men are still searching for some porfessional goal oriented black women to spend the rest of our lives with but some of us still can't find them. I have no problem with these kinds of women whatsover but it's hard to find these kinds of women, especially at my workplace. I just honestly assumed that every single sexy sista I see is already taken by some thug and even though 96% of the time it's true for the most part, I was still dissauded from ever approaching them. I haven't given up and black women and I'll keep searching for my Nubian queen. I hope this answered your question Sista Ccute
Mack

Bethesda, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 15, 2007
 
ccute wrote:
no it doesnt because your statistics are very wrong. 70% of the black women in this country are single! So no we are not taken by thugs. the key word is that you assume the women are you job have thughs but I highly doubt they do..they are probalby single. Maybe the probelm is you not them.. May be you are too scared to approach them because You really dont want anything at all.. that is my experience
Well not to bust your chops Ccute, but actually these four black women that I've had my eyes on at my job for the past two years actually do. One has a daughter, the other who I thought said she was single back in January has now gotten a thug boyfriend, another one just revealed to me that one of the workers in another department at my job is has a thug boyfriend. I was originally dissuaded from approaching them because they either had children already, or because they have a thug boyfriend. In the same vain, you've got SOME black women out there that go so far as to lying saying that they have a boyfriend even though they really don't so there's no way of knowing for sure. I know it's not right to stereotype others but for the most part a vast majority of good looking black women still have thugs for boyfriends while a small fraction don't and are not interested in thugs. However this one girl at my job who I honestly thought was interested in a thug was actually digging me so I got my sights set on her. My problem isn't because of me being scared to approach them but because of those two things I stated in the previous sentence. I had no problem approaching them but once I found that they had thug boyfriends once I got to know them better, I just walked away from them but I still talk to them as they are good friends with me. It's hypocritical for you to accuse me of making assumptions when you assume that I was too scared to approaching them.
Willing Thinker

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 15, 2007
 
Mack, you are generalizing.

Generalizing is when you make un-scientific conclusion based on life's experiences.

They may have some merit in truth, but what other purpose do they serve?

Only to help further brain-wash and stereotype.

TO MOVE FORWARD, IT'S NECISSARY THAT,

IF WE MUST LOOK AT ANYTHING, LET IT BE THE:

ROOT CAUSES, AND NOT THE EFFECTS (ie. what you observe).

I think a root cause is the image that is put forth by society and media. To cut to the chase, one resultant is that:

black women end up wanting a good black man a little too much, they become too quick, to desperate.

I've also seen some white males try to use and play on this, but our women are too smart, atleast, at first.
Mack

Bethesda, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 15, 2007
 
ccute wrote:
I was not assuming you stated that you would not approach them. I still have to tell you that maybe it is the woman that you find attractive that likes thughs which leads me to believe that perhaps you should change what you believe to be attractive because there are plenty single intelligent black women out here who are not interested in a thug.
Yes, I can clearly see that CCute, but it seems to me that these sexy black women aren't interested in normal, goal oriented men like me so I've decided to look to mother Africa to find my queen since African women on average tend to be goal oriented and intelligent opposed to black women in America. The funny thing was, those three black women I told you about at work actually have these qualities I want and find attractive but the problem was that they were already taken by thugs. That's one of the primary reasons why I was originally dissuaded from bothering to approach them as wellas the fact that these women are also likely to have children by their thug baby daddie's. Sorry to stereotype innocent AA women like this though.
raptor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 15, 2007
 
"I have 5 friends who are either in or have completed professional school we are talking about med school and lawyers folks, they are all single, and not one of them could give an f about a thug."

Wow, you have five friends who are single. I guess that make you qualified to comment on black culture as a whole.

For someone who has a professional degree you should know that your sample size of "5" hardly represents an accurate portrayal of black culture. Even worse, all '5' of your samples are women with professional degrees. How many black people have professional degrees, not many.

You can't take an extremely small sample from a distinct group and then make generalizations about society as a whole. This is what Freud did, and no one takes him seriously.

1. Beyonce Knowles -- Jay-Z
2. Ciara ---Bow Wow
3. J-Lo ---Diddy
4. Solange Knowles ----Lil Wayne
5. Fantasia --who knows, but she did make the soung "hood boy".

All of the women I have listed above have dated thugs in their life. Therefore, I just completely invalidated your example with your five friends. The truth is the majority of women do choose to date thugs because they are exciting. Then when the thug ends up using them, they complain that their are not good black men.

Good black men have been here all along, you just don't notice them. And now that you have a professional degree, your standards for a "good man" has probably become ridiculously high.

Sadly, for you and your friends, the only men that you deem "good enough" will be interested in white women. Because we all know that a professional black women will never give "John- the mailman" a second glance.
MrDarryl

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 15, 2007
 
raptor wrote:
Good black men have been here all along, you just don't notice them. And now that you have a professional degree, your standards for a "good man" has probably become ridiculously high.
Sadly, for you and your friends, the only men that you deem "good enough" will be interested in white women. Because we all know that a professional black women will never give "John- the mailman" a second glance.
I am curious about this very thing. Do black women look down on the blue collar brothers once they get degrees and get white collar jobs? I don't know any black women with a good eduacation and a good job that go for men who make less than they do, or have jobs that seem under them. It seems like the reality is that they are in the 70% single bracket because they won't ever make this sacrifice. I am by no means saying that they should, but a previous poster brings up a good issue about the perception of people outside of her race. I say quit believing that other races are just too different. They really aren't. And in America a person with common interest is not that hard to find. You just need to go where your interest lie and keep an open mind. I am married and I see attractive people everyday who are single (now that I'm not looking).

Level 1

Since: Apr 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 15, 2007
 
I am talking to this fine Black woman right now! I just met her a week ago and she keeps sending me messages and calling! She told me she likes educated brothers that take care of themselves physically and mentally who believe in hard work! I was elated to sau the least!

And did I mention that she is FINE AS HELL!?! LMAO!!!!
raptor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 15, 2007
 
"And you are very wrong in saying that
1) professional black men only like white women"

No, not all of them. But successful black men have many more options that they are choosing on an increasing basis. You cannot deny that the number of successful black men that are marrying white women is on the rise.

"2) professional women wouldnt date a blue collared man"

Would you? If so, why can't you or your friends find a good man? Whether or not you believe it, it's true.

Women don't marry down. If the women has a bachelor's, her man better have a bachelor's. If she has Ph.D, he better have one also.

A woman simply doesn't respect a man who she is financially and socially above. And if the women doesn't respect the man, she cannot fall in love with him. Sure she might settle with him because she can't find anything better, but true love will not be there.

"Furthermore regardless of sample size a real man would want a woman who would be doing something with her life. "

This is your problem. You are so fundamentally brainwashed that you are mistaken as to what men want. Men want their women to be supportive, not competitive. A women who can play ball just like the men is cute at first, but it gets old really fast.

"If you would open your eyes to a smart black woman who may not be half naked but may instead have on jeans and a t-shirt your view may change. "

Sorry, I don't club anymore, I'm married to a black women. Lucky for me, she understood that a women has to bring more to the table than a professional degree.

Oh yeah, please stop with the "real man" comments. That's all single black women talk about...real men. It's very cliche.
raptor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 15, 2007
 
Wow, my previous post got jacked up, let me clarify without using quotes.

Not all successful black men date white women. But successful black men have many more options that they are choosing on an increasing basis. You cannot deny that the number of successful black men that are marrying white women is on the rise.

Secondly, women don't marry down. If the women has a bachelor's, her man better have a bachelor's. If she has Ph.D, he better have one also.

A woman simply doesn't respect a man who she is financially and socially above. And if the women doesn't respect the man, she cannot fall in love with him. Sure she might settle with him because she can't find anything better, but true love will not be there.

Women are so fundamentally brainwashed that they are mistaken as to what men want. Men want their women to be supportive, not competitive. A women who can play ball just like the men is cute at first, but it gets old really fast.
raptor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 15, 2007
 
Mr. Darryl

It's not just black women that look down on men once they become professional, it's all of them.

Women have been tricked into believing that they have to compete with men in every aspect of life.

In other words, women want to make as much money as men, but they still biologically want men to be the providers. Have you ever wondered why men continue to pay for the majority of dates despite the fact that women are making as much if not more money than men.

I would just love to ask ccute how many men she has asked on a date in the past year. Despite having a professional degree and making bucketloads of money, she still expects the man to be the leader and provider.

Feminism has done so much harm to the American woman. Feminism told women that acting feminine was "weak" and that they should show men who is really the boss, and women swallowed this nonsense like strawberries dipped in coolwhip. Sadly women didn't realize that the founder of feminism was a LESBIAN.

Women want mutually exclusive goals. They want to make as much or more money than men, but they still want men to be providers. This combination of conflicting goals will inevitiably lead to unhappiness with women chanting "there are no good men."

Reality, there are plenty of good men, it's just the women's standards are impossible.

“Technical Anomaly”

Since: Apr 07

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 15, 2007
 
raptor, I don;t see the difference between your generalizations and anyone elses; claiming accuracy does not make it so.

If you're gonna come, betta come correct.

On another note I have observed that people have a racial pre-conception about us:

Asians: need to be in school for something related to math or science.

Black american: "you got 'chu a honey?"

Although this person knows about me.

Any thoughts?
raptor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 15, 2007
 
And if the generalization if true, should it be ignored for the sake of political correctness.

If I say blacks have darker skin than whites, isn't that a generalization? But isn't it also true?

If you want to respond to me, you better come correct instead for speaking cliched garbarge.

“Technical Anomaly”

Since: Apr 07

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 15, 2007
 
1.) Hell no it shouldn't be ignored for the sake of political correctness!

I would like to know where this was implied.

I was just telling you not to be a hypocrit.

2.) No, that is a valid remark. Two utterly different types of problems.

What makes your generalizations any more valid than anyone else's here?

So, tell me raptor, why the side tracking without answering my questions?

Level 1

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Apr 15, 2007
 
raptor wrote:
And if the generalization if true, should it be ignored for the sake of political correctness.
If I say blacks have darker skin than whites, isn't that a generalization? But isn't it also true?
If you want to respond to me, you better come correct instead for speaking cliched garbarge.
I love your arguments you are a very good debtor. These women have been brainwash by lesbians. Those misandrist devised a plan to produce more lesbians. They have destroyed the bond between men and women. If you want to sell ice to an Eskimo, you first have to convince her, she is not happy with the ice he has. I most say mission accomplishes, more and more women are becoming lesbians. They are able to have unions equal to marriage between a man and women in some states in American. Anyone has statistics on the on the growth of lesbianism since the 1970 to now?

“Idealism Has Its Place...”

Since: Mar 07

Columbus, Oh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Apr 15, 2007
 
***BUMP***
Willing Thinker

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Apr 15, 2007
 
^Don't worry Patty, he's strategizing. He's set to: avoid and evade.
raptor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 15, 2007
 
@Willing thinker

You ask what makes my generalizations better than anyone else's, ready..here it comes....my generalizations are TRUE.

You have to understand where I am coming from. I believe that in order for a generalization to be true, it has to be correct the majority of the time.

If a generalization is true more than 50.000000000001 % of the time, then it is correct. You seem to believe that in order for a generalization to be valid, it has to be correct 100% of the time. Let me be the first to inform you that nothing is true 100% of the time. Even my simple generalization of blacks having darker skin than whites isn't true all the time.

Whether or not a generalization is true isn't based on a gut feeling, it can be mathematically proven.

1. Successful black men are increasingly marrying white women = True.

2. Women typically don't marry down.= True

3. Feminism told women that being feminine makes them weak.= True.

4. Feminism was started by man hating lesbians.= True.

5. Feminism told women that "women need men like fish need bicycles." Now, you have a ton of single mothers raising children who will most likely end up a nonproductive member of society. You also have a group of women who are bedazzled as to why they can't find a man no matter how successful they become in the career world. Now we have more black men in prison than in college. Now public schools are creating seperate programs to try to keep black boys on the correct path (what an embarrassment). Now black women outnumber black men in professional school by 80%.= True

On the other hand "ccutes" generalization about black women not chasing thugs is a false generalization. While she and a small circle of her friends don't chase thugs, the amount of professional black women who are seriously looking for a professional black man is NOT GREATER than 50.000000001% of the black female population. Because of this, her generalization if false.

While I don't doubt her experiences about looking for decent black men, her sample size of "5" is simple too small to make an accurate generalization.

Hope I answered you question.
raptor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 15, 2007
 
"What are you talking about of course if you say blacks have darker skin than whites it is a FACT so what is your point? It is not a generalization at all. "

I was responding to willing thinker who said what makes my generalizations different from anyone elses.
raptor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 15, 2007
 
"Don't worry Patty, he's strategizing. He's set to: avoid and evade."

I though I answered your questions unequivocally.
Willing Thinker

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Apr 15, 2007
 
raptor wrote:
@Willing thinker
You ask what makes my generalizations better than anyone else's, ready..here it comes..
This better be good...
raptor wrote:
..my generalizations are TRUE.
Are you serious? I'm just supposed to believe you. Very scientific.
raptor wrote:
You have to understand where I am coming from.
Not in this situation. We are dealing with validated facts, here. So you should use words like "seem" a little more often.
raptor wrote:
I believe that in order for a generalization to be true, it has to be correct the majority of the time.
If a generalization is true more than 50.000000000001 % of the time, then it is correct.
ok.
raptor wrote:
You seem
Good job, learning already!:)
raptor wrote:
you seem to believe that in order for a generalization to be valid, it has to be correct 100% of the time.
Never said it was,
raptor wrote:
Let me be the first to inform you that nothing is true 100% of the time.
Cool. But this is only so when the Generalization is over a fact that has a 'shaky' basis in the first place, like race, or racial clasifications,...
raptor wrote:
Even my simple generalization of blacks having darker skin than whites isn't true all the time.
...ESPECIALLY western racial generalizations such as 'black' where any one with african ancestry is black, even if they are albino, or 99% European. They can still choose black. Sorry, BAD analogy bub.
raptor wrote:
Whether or not a generalization is true isn't based on a gut feeling, it can be mathematically proven.
Ofcourse, and also logically/scientifically proven.

But then again it wouldn't be a generalization any more now would it?
raptor wrote:
1. Successful black men are increasingly marrying white women = True.
2. Women typically don't marry down.= True
3. Feminism told women that being feminine makes them weak.= True.
4. Feminism was started by man hating lesbians.= True.
5. Feminism told women that "women need men like fish need bicycles."
I'm going to need some valid sources on this. Then it'll be up to me (or anyone else interested) to refute them.

(LMBAO, I don't believe things 'cause you tell me so :D )

All I see here are some opinions.

I assume you're against feminists?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

455 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Random thoughts... (Sep '07) 3 min Gargantos 77,732
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,080,316
I love white men! Deal with it! 4 min You Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad 20
Paris Hilton is a RACIST. She "hates" black men 5 min Big Knob 53
Why are WHITES so DUMB? 6 min Marty Makulit 10
so much interracial porn (Jan '10) 6 min Batman Fan 575
About foreign born blacks. ---------- 12 min its_me 453
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 1 hr Bellavon 2,313
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 2 hr iamcuriousnow 119,451
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
Seattle Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••