They hate their darkskin

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“~MizzSomalia~”

Since: Mar 09

smwhre over the rainbow

#1 May 8, 2009
They do have self- hate. Who would hate their own skin colour? In fact who would hate any skin colour? That's pathetic in my opinion.

“ANGRY GORILLA”

Since: Dec 08

PHILLY

#2 May 8, 2009
My opinion is...any BLACK PERSON who cannot see the beauty in brownskin has some level of self hate.

If i'm a brown or darkskin BRUTHA (really doesn't make a difference because WE'RE ALL brown),and can't see the beauty in darkskin,broad nose,kinky hair,and full lips...I have a self hating problem because what im doing is hating the same features that I possess...the same features I see when I look in the mirror.

That is the bottom line!!!!

And for you BLACK WOMEN who say you find LIGHTSKIN MEN "MORE" attractive...or for you BLACK MEN who say you find LIGHTSKIN WOMEN "MORE" attractive....I question whether or not you have a level of hate for yourself or dissatisfaction with how you look because you have BLACK FEATURES.

Now i'm not saying that if you find a white or lightskin person attractive that that's self hate...what i'm saying is that if white or lightskin people are the only people you see as attractive,and you don't find darker skinned people to be AT ALL attractive,that's when it becomes a problem because you're identifying beauty as being LIGHTSKIN...OR LIGHTSKIN as being EQUIVALENT to BEAUTY!!!

Now there's nothing wrong with having a preference...but as I said,if you're only capable of seeing the beauty in lightskin men or women..you have a hate for self,because all BLACK PEOPLE should be able to see the beauty in brownskin which represents BLACKNESS and if you dont find brownskin BROAD NOSE FULL LIPS and KINKY HAIR,ALL BLACK FEATURES,the same features you have,you can't possibly say you love yourself or what you see when you look in the mirror...especially if you possess the same features.

Also,let me note that,I have spoken to so many BLACK MEN (BRUTHAS) who say.."Well,how is preferring LIGHTSKIN women over DARKSKIN women or seeing the beauty in LIGHTSKIN WOMEN and not DARKSKIN WOMEN a SELF HATE when LIGHTSKIN WOMEN are BLACK as well?"

Well,the answer to that is..while LIGHTSKIN WOMEN are still BLACK,their lightskin is a eurocentric trait.

This is my view on things...leave your comments and give me your prespective on this.

“AKA; EbonyDoll 1973”

Since: May 09

this fun coat is great

#3 May 8, 2009
CF. You know that is not the full truth. You are a dark skinned man and I don't see self hatred in you at all. As a matter of fact I see a man who is over-confident and who loves himself.

There are plenty of whites as well as people of color with light skin with far more self-hatred than dark skinned Blacks.

Actually CF, it is my opinion that many dark skinned blacks are confident and well adjusted.

Sorry young brother, I can't agree with you on this one.

Level 8

Since: Jan 08

Marion, KS

#4 May 8, 2009
CHOCOLATE FLAV wrote:
My opinion is...any BLACK PERSON who cannot see the beauty in brownskin has some level of self hate.
If i'm a brown or darkskin BRUTHA (really doesn't make a difference because WE'RE ALL brown),and can't see the beauty in darkskin,broad nose,kinky hair,and full lips...I have a self hating problem because what im doing is hating the same features that I possess...the same features I see when I look in the mirror.
That is the bottom line!!!!
And for you BLACK WOMEN who say you find LIGHTSKIN MEN "MORE" attractive...or for you BLACK MEN who say you find LIGHTSKIN WOMEN "MORE" attractive....I question whether or not you have a level of hate for yourself or dissatisfaction with how you look because you have BLACK FEATURES.
Now i'm not saying that if you find a white or lightskin person attractive that that's self hate...what i'm saying is that if white or lightskin people are the only people you see as attractive,and you don't find darker skinned people to be AT ALL attractive,that's when it becomes a problem because you're identifying beauty as being LIGHTSKIN...OR LIGHTSKIN as being EQUIVALENT to BEAUTY!!!
Now there's nothing wrong with having a preference...but as I said,if you're only capable of seeing the beauty in lightskin men or women..you have a hate for self,because all BLACK PEOPLE should be able to see the beauty in brownskin which represents BLACKNESS and if you dont find brownskin BROAD NOSE FULL LIPS and KINKY HAIR,ALL BLACK FEATURES,the same features you have,you can't possibly say you love yourself or what you see when you look in the mirror...especially if you possess the same features.
Also,let me note that,I have spoken to so many BLACK MEN (BRUTHAS) who say.."Well,how is preferring LIGHTSKIN women over DARKSKIN women or seeing the beauty in LIGHTSKIN WOMEN and not DARKSKIN WOMEN a SELF HATE when LIGHTSKIN WOMEN are BLACK as well?"
Well,the answer to that is..while LIGHTSKIN WOMEN are still BLACK,their lightskin is a eurocentric trait.
This is my view on things...leave your comments and give me your prespective on this.
Do you consider yourself dark skinned even though you have 20% white european blood? that one thread got deleted I was just wondering if you put those big lips to good use.

“ANGRY GORILLA”

PHILLY

#5 May 8, 2009
Brenda007 wrote:
CF. You know that is not the full truth. You are a dark skinned man and I don't see self hatred in you at all. As a matter of fact I see a man who is over-confident and who loves himself.
There are plenty of whites as well as people of color with light skin with far more self-hatred than dark skinned Blacks.
Actually CF, it is my opinion that many dark skinned blacks are confident and well adjusted.
Well Brenda..im not saying that all DARKSKIN African Americans feel this way...but you have to agree that self hatred in the black community is more often found in darkskin people than Lightskin because of the standards that have been set in our society that lightskin equals good and darkskin equal unintelligent,ugly,and everything negative.

So while all darkskin people,including myself, don't feel this way,many have succum to the white mans teaching and have been conditioned to believe such things:)

Level 8

Marion, KS

#6 May 8, 2009
Brenda007 wrote:
I tried replying to your post 3 times girl! but the dxmn topix kept saying error so I'm letting topix fix it's errors cause my eye keeps twitching which means I'm getting pissed off.
PrincessStar

Richmond, VA

#7 May 8, 2009
some the options on that poll is ridiculous
1. having dark skin is not a feature its a skine tone, features is eye shape,lips,
2.Not all blk people have darkskin who hate dark skin
but overall to hate somebodys complextion is just stupid beauty is not about skin tone
Laslo

Suwanee, GA

#8 May 8, 2009
CANDAYMAMA wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider yourself dark skinned even though you have 20% white european blood? that one thread got deleted I was just wondering if you put those big lips to good use.
Canday, I think I see when you're going with this.

The argument that he's using is called "False Dichotomy." It's when people think in extremes and turn the issue into a black-and-think, even when there maybe a middle option.

Apparently, there's only dark- and light-skinned black people, and brown-skinned black people are not a middle ground and are basically nonexistent.
Laslo

Suwanee, GA

#9 May 8, 2009
CHOCOLATE FLAV wrote:
<quoted text>Well Brenda..im not saying that all DARKSKIN African Americans feel this way...but you have to agree that self hatred in the black community is more often found in darkskin people than Lightskin because of the standards that have been set in our society that lightskin equals good and darkskin equal unintelligent,ugly,and everything negative.
So while all darkskin people,including myself, don't feel this way,many have succum to the white mans teaching and have been conditioned to believe such things:)
What if the person is like me and likes neither light-skinned nor dark-skinned black women? And mostly likes women who are Tyra Banks and Halle Berry's complexion? A brown complexion?

“ANGRY GORILLA”

PHILLY

#10 May 8, 2009
PrincessStar wrote:
some the options on that poll is ridiculous
1. having dark skin is not a feature its a skine tone, features is eye shape,lips,
2.Not all blk people have darkskin who hate dark skin
but overall to hate somebodys complextion is just stupid beauty is not about skin tone
I never said darkskin was a feature,sis.

I said in my intial post that some of us dislike our broad nose,and full lips....that's what I meant by features.

I just wanted to add that it's not just our darkskin that some of us hate...some of us hate our broad noses and full lips...lil Kim is an example of that...Michael Jackson too?

“Find The God Within Yourselves”

Level 1

Since: Jul 08

Born in Paradise

#11 May 8, 2009
There is only dark-skin and Light-skin people... Once the black counity gets over these colorful ice cream flavor euphenisms like Strawberry Double Mocha Chocolate, and Caramel, and Butter Pecan-- anything they can to distance themselves from being dark-- THEN can we move forward as a PROUD BLACK AFRICAN DARK-SKINNED RACE!

Black People are primarily darkskinned in comparison to everyone else-- SO WHAT? Just embrace it and move on... next issue

“ANGRY GORILLA”

PHILLY

#12 May 8, 2009
Laslo wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the person is like me and likes neither light-skinned nor dark-skinned black women? And mostly likes women who are Tyra Banks and Halle Berry's complexion? A brown complexion?
IT'S still BROWNSKIN.....Our brownskin represents our BLACKNESS. So as long as you can see the beauty in BROWN WOMEN, I don't see how you have a self hating problem.

My point is that those of us,and there are some out there,who will automatically declare someone as being ugly simply because their skin is dark....that's a sick person who's colorstruck and that goes to show that colorism is still alive in the black community
Laslo

Suwanee, GA

#13 May 8, 2009
Pharaoh Malik-Akin wrote:
There is only dark-skin and Light-skin people... Once the black counity gets over these colorful ice cream flavor euphenisms like Strawberry Double Mocha Chocolate, and Caramel, and Butter Pecan-- anything they can to distance themselves from being dark-- THEN can we move forward as a PROUD BLACK AFRICAN DARK-SKINNED RACE!
Black People are primarily darkskinned in comparison to everyone else-- SO WHAT? Just embrace it and move on... next issue
Um, there's a woman above name CANDAYMAMA. You should look at her avatar picture. Then try convincing yourself that she's dark-skinned.

“ANGRY GORILLA”

PHILLY

#14 May 8, 2009
Pharaoh Malik-Akin wrote:
Right, right..I think alot of us are still looking for something to make us feel adequate or more worthy because we still today have an inferiority complex....we still feel like we need the white mans acceptance,or to have a eurocentric feature to be adequate....notice how many blacks would claim being mixed with Indian or etc? Its because we still feel like being BLACK makes us inferior.

And yes,we will never get anywhere until we learn how to love ourselves and appreciate our uniqueness:)

Level 8

Marion, KS

#15 May 8, 2009
Laslo wrote:
<quoted text>
Canday, I think I see when you're going with this.
The argument that he's using is called "False Dichotomy." It's when people think in extremes and turn the issue into a black-and-think, even when there maybe a middle option.
Apparently, there's only dark- and light-skinned black people, and brown-skinned black people are not a middle ground and are basically nonexistent.
chocolate flavor is darker then me so he can be considered dark skinned.Us brown skin people never get this kinda attention I guess were PERFECT just the way we are :D heheeeeee.I loooooooveeeeeeeeeeeeeee my brown skin it's so soft and pretty.Brown skinned is gorgeous that's why we don't get as much flack as dark skinned and light skinned people.

“ANGRY GORILLA”

PHILLY

#16 May 8, 2009
CANDAYMAMA wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried replying to your post 3 times girl! but the dxmn topix kept saying error so I'm letting topix fix it's errors cause my eye keeps twitching which means I'm getting pissed off.
LMBAO @ eye twitching

“AKA; EbonyDoll 1973”

this fun coat is great

#17 May 8, 2009
CANDAYMAMA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Iknow. Topix was acting goofy eariler today, but I think things ok now. Enjoy it while it last because its libel to go haywire at any moment. I wish they would get their shiv together. Something tells me tomorrow will be a challenge.

Level 8

Marion, KS

#18 May 8, 2009
Laslo wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, there's a woman above name CANDAYMAMA. You should look at her avatar picture. Then try convincing yourself that she's dark-skinned.
Yea I ain't dark or light I'm both :D

“AKA; EbonyDoll 1973”

this fun coat is great

#19 May 8, 2009
CHOCOLATE FLAV wrote:
<quoted text>Well Brenda..im not saying that all DARKSKIN African Americans feel this way...but you have to agree that self hatred in the black community is more often found in darkskin people than Lightskin because of the standards that have been set in our society that lightskin equals good and darkskin equal unintelligent,ugly,and everything negative.
CF. While I agree with most of your post, I must add it also has a lot to do with a body's upbringing and enviorment.
Our parents play a vital roll in how we feel about ourselves as children and as adults.

For instance, I am a dark skinned woman and I feel had I been raised by self-hating parents, their low opinion of themselves would have been passed on to me and my siblings. Forturnaly that did not happen.

The same applies to you, CF. You give off vibes of being reared by parents that had love for themselves. Consenquently, they passed their self-love onto you. Am I warm?? Yeah...I am.

“ANGRY GORILLA”

PHILLY

#20 May 8, 2009
CANDAYMAMA wrote:
<quoted text>
chocolate flavor is darker then me so he can be considered dark skinned.Us brown skin people never get this kinda attention I guess were PERFECT just the way we are :D heheeeeee.I loooooooveeeeeeeeeeeeeee my brown skin it's so soft and pretty.Brown skinned is gorgeous that's why we don't get as much flack as dark skinned and light skinned people.
But Candi...to be honest,we're all BROWN SKIN.

There's different hues of BROWN.

wHEN YOU LOOK AT MY AVATAR...WHAT COLOR DO YOU SEE?

Brown right?

They just label darker BROWN African Americans DARKSKIN and light BROWN African Americans Lightskin and well.....medium BROWN African Americans BROWNSKIN....but the fact still remains,we're all BROWNSKIN....just different shades of BROWN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 NYPD MURDERED on behalf of Eric GARNER 4 min mcyt 361
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,154,231
Black men need.. 6 min PERVY 19
Anyone want a good laugh and humiliate bm? 7 min Mick 44
Merry Christmas White People 7 min Sir Jethro 11
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 7 min Black Knight 98,098
Why can't black women get the cream of the crop... (Jun '10) 7 min Blake aka Your God 2,646
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 19 min jfranklin 28,691
So you slave spawn want a race war, hmm? 19 min Mario 55
The "Exodus" movie is a LIE 2 hr unfazed 615
More from around the web