Black women wins Miss America

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Killers1Fan

Houston, TX

#1 Jan 30, 2010
Caressa Cameron, a black woman, has won Miss America. Congrats former Miss Virginia 2009. Rush Limbaugh was also a judge.

There have been 7 black Miss America winners, including 2004 and 2003. And 7 have won Miss USA including 2008, 2007, 2002. Miss World 2001. Miss Universe 1995.

Other than that, I hate pageants.

James Bond

London, UK

#4 Jan 30, 2010
Again!? Isnn't this the third time in a row?
James Bond

London, UK

#5 Jan 30, 2010
Just Googled her. She looks........average.
MDJ

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#6 Jan 30, 2010
Coolz! Congrats!

“It ain't ova!”

Since: Mar 09

Heaven

#7 Jan 30, 2010
She is pretty as most of the girls are and some do look more striking than her, but she apparently had considerably more than just a pretty face and body.

When will some people realize there are other traits that make a woman a winner. You can be gorgeous, but if there isn't much personality, intelligence or charisma there, you are best doing modeling or centerfold work.

Congratulations to Caressa.

“THE RAVEN”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#8 Jan 30, 2010

“AKA BRENDA007”

Level 2

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9 Jan 30, 2010

“It ain't ova!”

Heaven

#10 Jan 30, 2010
Hope to see more articles that include a big bright picture of the winner in her crown and gown. That is normally how these winners are shown in articles.
Ku Klux Knievel

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jan 30, 2010
She looks like a cute Mexican chick with good hair. What would be great is if there was a pageant for real black chicks, Miss Hoodrat. Until then, there's always Maury.

“It ain't ova!”

Heaven

#12 Jan 30, 2010
LOL at the haters! Awwww, it's not so bad. We understand you need to type those stupid remarks to passify yourselves. You'll get over it. Maybe.:)
Ripple Cut

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jan 30, 2010
She's light-skinned. The kind of woman the darkest brothers crave. Are all black women excited she won or are the dark sistas haten? Don't let colorism raise its ugly head.
StupidityStomper

Columbia, SC

#14 Jan 30, 2010
Ripple Cut wrote:
She's light-skinned. The kind of woman the darkest brothers crave. Are all black women excited she won or are the dark sistas haten? Don't let colorism raise its ugly head.
Another insecure one. You want our dark sistas to hate. Don't project your own prejudiced problems on others, or try to provoke jealousy. You are the only one jealous here; besides your kkk-minded associates. Black or white, you are both one in the same. Let this thread live in peace and in the spirit of congratulations. Unless, your sad bitterness and insecurity won't allow it.

“It's not an optical illusion.”

Since: Dec 09

It just looks like one...

#15 Jan 30, 2010
Killers1Fan wrote:
Caressa Cameron, a black woman, has won Miss America. Congrats former Miss Virginia 2009. Rush Limbaugh was also a judge.
There have been 7 black Miss America winners, including 2004 and 2003. And 7 have won Miss USA including 2008, 2007, 2002. Miss World 2001. Miss Universe 1995.
Other than that, I hate pageants.
Good. Congrats to the winner!

Then why did you people need a BLACK pageant? I thought you were AGAINST segregation.

“Billionaire Boys Club”

Since: Dec 08

Stay In Your Own Lane

#16 Jan 30, 2010
EbonyDoll1973 wrote:
http://www.google.com/imgres?i mgurl=http://www.missamerica.o rg/compete2009/ks005.jpg&i mgrefurl=http://www.missameric a.org/compete2009/&h=601 &w=400&sz=69&tbnid =m7h0DlqSHYmprM:&tbnh=276 &tbnw=184&prev=/images %3Fq%3Dphoto%2Bof%2Bmiss%2Bame rica%2B2009&usg=__FzAeX1MY bEgMmeb83Us0peO6ZmM=&ei=oA BlS93uKIfSsgOY5aGdAw&sa=X &oi=image_result&resnu m=3&ct=image&ved=0CAcQ 9QEwAg
Congrats
That chick is African American? Looks like a white broad to me.

“AKA BRENDA007”

Level 2

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#17 Jan 30, 2010
Philly Ambassador wrote:
<quoted text>
That chick is African American? Looks like a white broad to me.
Ya know, Philly..I was thinking the exact same thing. LOL. But I didn't want to pour salt into the honey. She may be 1/4 Black...but you know what the one drop rule is all about. One has to look at her hard and long to see the BLACK in her. LOL.
Ripple Cut

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jan 30, 2010
StupidityStomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Another insecure one. You want our dark sistas to hate. Don't project your own prejudiced problems on others, or try to provoke jealousy. You are the only one jealous here; besides your kkk-minded associates. Black or white, you are both one in the same. Let this thread live in peace and in the spirit of congratulations. Unless,
your sad bitterness and insecurity won't allow
it.
Oh you know color is always a topic in the AA community. While some blacks applaud the acomplishment, others are questioning why a darker skin girl didn't win. It's s stupid contest that objectivies women and has llittle barring on who Americans think the most beautiful women are It just reaffirms fair skin women with long pretty hair as being
the hottest.

“Billionaire Boys Club”

Stay In Your Own Lane

#19 Jan 30, 2010
EbonyDoll1973 wrote:
<quoted text>Ya know, Philly..I was thinking the exact same thing. LOL. But I didn't want to pour salt into the honey. She may be 1/4 Black...but you know what the one drop rule is all about. One has to look at her hard and long to see the BLACK in her. LOL.
Yeah, I know. Maybe I need to look at the computer screen with some 3-D glasses or something! LOL

“Billionaire Boys Club”

Stay In Your Own Lane

#20 Jan 30, 2010
EbonyDoll1973 wrote:
<quoted text>Ya know, Philly..I was thinking the exact same thing. LOL. But I didn't want to pour salt into the honey. She may be 1/4 Black...but you know what the one drop rule is all about. One has to look at her hard and long to see the BLACK in her. LOL.
I bet you President Obama was probably looking at the pageant saying, "Hunh? Black Miss America? She's supposed to be Black"??? LOL! I mean, I've heard of being lite and brite, but dayum!
hawt-n-gray

Columbia, SC

#21 Jan 30, 2010
a.) she's pretty

b.) she's just as black as any regular black chick is...(disregard the lighting in some of the pics of her...)
see regular ole black chick pic here--> http://www.misscoastalvirginia.org/images/Aft...
http://www.chkd.org/Images/FundraisingEvents/...

Not mixed, not "light skinned", just a good ole pretty brown skinned black girl for anyone trying to explain this away...

Meh.

Congrats to her.

hawt
backstage

Monterey, CA

#22 Jan 30, 2010
Ill bet she SUCKED "THE DONALD's" DYCK for it!

0__________

lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nuculur option 1,216,631
Keep a Word, Drop a Word, GAME ON!!! (Oct '12) 2 min Halle Berry Sister 5,876
News Iggy Azalea, Katy Perry hijacked black culture:... 4 min lotus order 4
I am a bm and want to explain why MACEO is hated. 5 min MACEO 7
Latino Men are Sexier than black men. (Jan '13) 6 min busted 724
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 6 min jtr304 123,625
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 8 min Undisputed Facts 115,028
Why do good looking black women like white men ... (Sep '12) 1 hr Moorspeaks 6,669
About foreign born blacks. ---------- (Jun '14) 2 hr UruEuWauWau 840
More from around the web