Change starts with US, not Obama

Posted in the African-American Forum

“Bow Chika Wow Wow”

Level 4

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#1 Oct 8, 2012
Or anyone else.

I just want to write something to the Blacks here who like to hate each other based on gender, you are only making things harder for not only yourself, but your future children and the future of our community.

Our ancestors dealt with strong racism from the outside towards them, and they stood tall and tried to keep a strong face, but their internal character and confidence trembled to the point where we see it openly in this new generation. So ask yourself, when does this stop for us? It has to come from US. I think the worst problem for Black Americans right now is our perceptions of ourselves and each other. So let's STOP it!

If you sit here bashing Black men/women a lot, then can you just write something GOOD about the other gender, and if you're feeling up to it, then maybe be a little honest and say what it is that makes you so angry inside, because just being open can help a lot, and we need to start being honest and open about the problems WE are creating in our community!

The future of the Black community relies on us. That's a great responsibility, but also a great opportunity for us to shape a new outcome for our people. So this thread may seem a bit... or really cheesy (lol), but I'm dead serious. It pains me to see my people so bitter towards one another. We are BETTER than this! All of us.

“Bow Chika Wow Wow”

Level 4

Location hidden

#2 Oct 8, 2012
Plus, a thread like this will absolutely piss off the white racists here who love to see the division going on with us. Forget about them, forget about whites or any other outsider for a while and just think about us. Think about little, absolutely adorable and innocent little Black kids growing up right now. They have no idea what kind of world they're being raised to enter. We were those kids at some point, where we saw the world for how it should be, and then most people realize at some point that life isn't that, and it turns some people bitter and cold, but that's not fair. Being happy, smiling more and respecting others is all of the change we need towards one another at this point, because each individual in a collective group is what makes a community, so we all matter.

I'm not crazy either, I'm just honestly sick of the pain I see coming from my fellow Black people. There's so much anger and bitterness on both sides, and it's unnecessary. There are still people like ME out here who knows that we are better than this.

“Bow Chika Wow Wow”

Level 4

Location hidden

#3 Oct 8, 2012
/I'm not letting this fall.
Crack goes the whip

United States

#4 Oct 8, 2012
Tell me,what has Obama done for you darkies? He doesn't care about you.You only voted for his ass because he is HALF black and you thought he would help out you apes.FACT!

“I Love My Life!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 8, 2012
PinkPearl wrote:
Or anyone else.
I just want to write something to the Blacks here who like to hate each other based on gender, you are only making things harder for not only yourself, but your future children and the future of our community.
Our ancestors dealt with strong racism from the outside towards them, and they stood tall and tried to keep a strong face, but their internal character and confidence trembled to the point where we see it openly in this new generation. So ask yourself, when does this stop for us? It has to come from US. I think the worst problem for Black Americans right now is our perceptions of ourselves and each other. So let's STOP it!
If you sit here bashing Black men/women a lot, then can you just write something GOOD about the other gender, and if you're feeling up to it, then maybe be a little honest and say what it is that makes you so angry inside, because just being open can help a lot, and we need to start being honest and open about the problems WE are creating in our community!
The future of the Black community relies on us. That's a great responsibility, but also a great opportunity for us to shape a new outcome for our people. So this thread may seem a bit... or really cheesy (lol), but I'm dead serious. It pains me to see my people so bitter towards one another. We are BETTER than this! All of us.
Great post.
Timothy

Norfolk, VA

#6 Oct 8, 2012
Great Post from Pink Pearl.

I think a lot of the people who unfortunately bash BM and BW are trolls or self-haters. I don't become too worked up about it, but the trolls unfortunately dominate many parts of Topix.com . You have to dig sometimes to find meaningful communication about real subjects. You are right that the President isn't perfect, but it's our job to help us (since no other group of people can build up our communities or our social apparatus, but us as black people).

A lot of folks who bash sometimes have traumatic childhood experiences, social insecurities, or self-esteem problems. In many cases, this is what is boiling down to. If a person hates the mirror image of themselves in the opposite gender, this person hates themselves. Our history, culture, our health, our involvement in MEST, and other real subjects are vitally important to discuss than tensions among both genders.

One thing tha the haters can't stand is positive energy, so I will show more of positive energy and mutual inspiration as a means to promote solutions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Yeah 1,548,253
Why are my opioid epidemic threads being deleted? 12 min Just a thought 7
Why all the hates here? 1 hr T-BOS 15
Why blacks share so many different Women so much 1 hr Rich stars of the... 2
Does anyone else here feel bad for blacks whom ... 1 hr Harrisson 2
black men i know why u bash ur women! 1 hr Harrisson 14
African-American Culture Is Backwards! 2 hr Truthcentric 16
Will Democrats ever win another election? 2 hr Reymundo Mejia Gu... 111
Are liberals getting too unstable? 4 hr Redefined 57
Why Do White People Love Dogs So Much (Aug '14) 8 hr misfit 0676 128