Ask a black girl
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Get use to the cold!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#139 Jun 22, 2013
Jesuspeaceandlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus, I notice most women (no matter what race, because other races wear fake hair as well)) complain that they can't run, swim, workout, nor take on everyday activities with fake hair. In addition to that it cost an abundance of money.
What's that got to do with anything, women with fake nails will say they can't pick up stuff or wash things, they can't swim because their weave will be a waste of money. Going to the hairdresser is expensive, getting a manicure is expensive regardless if you're putting fake stuff on you or not. I don't wear weave and if people are saying they can't exercise because of it then it's because they are lazy and don't want to do it, otherwise they'd remove the weave or the fake nails and open up a can of drink but they prefer to have their made up look over other things.

“Get use to the cold!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#140 Jun 22, 2013
Jesuspeaceandlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, in a sense I agree, but then again it's something I need to clarify.. Most natural haired black women I have come across have told me its simplistic, I for one agree. Easier to manage? With natural hair all you have to do it wash and fluff it up. I noticed you said some where weave to cover up the the perm that destroyed the hair. You do see that some black women are trying all these versatile ways to straighten their hair but in all actuality there's a reason why hair is being destroyed, perms are not healthy, wearing weave and covering your hair from breathing is unhealthy. However, some black women feel prettier with "straight" or in African Americans perception "good hair". We are lead to believe straight is better so it's quicker to look better. Do you feel natural hair is harder to manage because you believe natural hair takes longer for you to look better in? I'm asking out of curiosity, I hope I don't come off as disrespectful.
Another thing just like other races of women who part their hair down the middle, on the side, have it up or down, have a fringe, in a bun, the same thing is the same with bw with natural hair some natural hair looks good on some people with is up and puffy, with a parting on the side, down the middle, with a band and so on.
Alfie

London, UK

#141 Jun 22, 2013
leilajoy wrote:
<quoted text> What's that got to do with anything, women with fake nails will say they can't pick up stuff or wash things, they can't swim because their weave will be a waste of money. Going to the hairdresser is expensive, getting a manicure is expensive regardless if you're putting fake stuff on you or not. I don't wear weave and if people are saying they can't exercise because of it then it's because they are lazy and don't want to do it, otherwise they'd remove the weave or the fake nails and open up a can of drink but they prefer to have their made up look over other things.
self hating sellout blk woman smdh

“Get use to the cold!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#142 Jun 22, 2013
Alfie wrote:
<quoted text>
self hating sellout blk woman smdh
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo!! booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Alfie

London, UK

#143 Jun 22, 2013
leilajoy wrote:
<quoted text>Booooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo!! booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
f/uck u!!! i see u on here talkin with crakkkas

“Perfection is impossible”

Level 5

Since: May 13

But excellence is close enough

#144 Jun 22, 2013
leilajoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wear weaves my hair is natural, but I prefer to braid my hair as my hair is extremely thick and it is hard to comb. Also just because your hair is natural doesn't mean it wont break. Without proper care and attention you will get damage, you need protective styles. Natural hair is great I love it, when my hair is the length I want it to be I will still mostly likely braid because the thing with natural hair if you work you don't want to get up extra early to style it, moisturize it etc. Everyone I have spoken to who braids their hair or does whatever to it do it for the simple fact if you have 4c hair it is not that easy to manage. It can literally hurt you head to comb your hair all the time. Some of us don't have the time or skills to do all those styles the natural girls do on yt, maybe once or twice but not all the time. Straight hair does look good on some girls even the girls who are natural and straighten it, natural hair looks amazing on most bw. Obviously the girl in your photo is not you.
Okay, I see what you mean. I guess since i made the transition from fake hair to natural two years ago, I notice how simplistic it is for me. Sorry if I came off as disrespectful in any form or fashion. And no, that's not me in my avatar. I tell everyone that. And one question, why do you think I'm a man?

“Sexy emo chick :)”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#145 Jun 22, 2013
leilajoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing just like other races of women who part their hair down the middle, on the side, have it up or down, have a fringe, in a bun, the same thing is the same with bw with natural hair some natural hair looks good on some people with is up and puffy, with a parting on the side, down the middle, with a band and so on.
welcome to team natural :-)

“Get use to the cold!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#146 Jun 22, 2013
Jesuspeaceandlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I see what you mean. I guess since i made the transition from fake hair to natural two years ago, I notice how simplistic it is for me. Sorry if I came off as disrespectful in any form or fashion. And no, that's not me in my avatar. I tell everyone that. And one question, why do you think I'm a man?
Yet your pict is of someone with straight hair. You're in the minority because every last girl of yt that has gone from whatever to natural all say it was not easy, it's not hard per se it's just easier to have it in a style that's easy to manipulate, especially for people who are not hair obsessed.

“Get use to the cold!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#147 Jun 22, 2013
Alfie wrote:
<quoted text>
f/uck u!!! i see u on here talkin with crakkkas
Whatever mangina!

“Perfection is impossible”

Level 5

Since: May 13

But excellence is close enough

#148 Jun 22, 2013
leilajoy wrote:
<quoted text>Yet your pict is of someone with straight hair. You're in the minority because every last girl of yt that has gone from whatever to natural all say it was not easy, it's not hard per se it's just easier to have it in a style that's easy to manipulate, especially for people who are not hair obsessed.
Everyone is different, Leilajoy. I will admit I had hard times with my hair, but now that my hair is natural I am much happier and confident and that's my opinion. And wait? Because my avatar has straight hair, that makes me a man. Plus, just because im natural doesnt mean i should be bias against girls who wear weave, and not chose a black woman who has straight hair as my avatar. That's not a justifiable reason for you to think I'm something I'm not. I am a black woman who wears her natural hair. We were just having a conversation and you question my gender? That's not a good correlation.
black man1

Coatesville, PA

#150 Jun 22, 2013
MrAnderson9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying. It only makes YOU look stupid.
she is not lying! You are Kip's little brother. You don't like black women uncle tom!

“Get use to the cold!”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#151 Jun 22, 2013
Jesuspeaceandlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is different, Leilajoy. I will admit I had hard times with my hair, but now that my hair is natural I am much happier and confident and that's my opinion. And wait? Because my avatar has straight hair, that makes me a man. Plus, just because im natural doesnt mean i should be bias against girls who wear weave, and not chose a black woman who has straight hair as my avatar. That's not a justifiable reason for you to think I'm something I'm not. I am a black woman who wears her natural hair. We were just having a conversation and you question my gender? That's not a good correlation.
You were saying that bw have straight hair because they have been persuaded by white society to wear straight hair meaning self-hate, why would someone who so strongly feels bw wearing their hair straight equals to self-hate or being other women choose an image of a bw with straight hair to represent themselves in their avatar. Tbh I got the feeling you didn't know what you were saying and it sounded like a guy who forgot who he was trolling as. I get that from you in general with the black love thing, sounds like something Anderson would say.

“Perfection is impossible”

Level 5

Since: May 13

But excellence is close enough

#152 Jun 22, 2013
leilajoy wrote:
<quoted text>You were saying that bw have straight hair because they have been persuaded by white society to wear straight hair meaning self-hate, why would someone who so strongly feels bw wearing their hair straight equals to self-hate or being other women choose an image of a bw with straight hair to represent themselves in their avatar. Tbh I got the feeling you didn't know what you were saying and it sounded like a guy who forgot who he was trolling as. I get that from you in general with the black love thing, sounds like something Anderson would say.
I do feel like that's where it originally came from. Well, I'm sorry I gave off that vibe, but I'm not a man, okay?

“Perfection is impossible”

Level 5

Since: May 13

But excellence is close enough

#153 Jun 22, 2013
And I'm not Mr. Anderson nor AmberEbony. They are good friends of mine. All your assumptions are wrong.

“Perfection is impossible”

Level 5

Since: May 13

But excellence is close enough

#154 Jun 22, 2013
I will admit that my reasoning for why black women straightening their hair and my avatar are not consistent. I was wrong, you bring some very logical points. I apologize I guess I'm upset about the overall corruption of my black race and want us to come together and embrace our roots. My overlook on this is not the way I should be thinking at all and your right, I apologize. But I am a black woman who loves her race and her roots, and NO I'm not AmberEbony and Mr. Anderson. I was wrong, and I admit that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After Trump Exterminates All Blacks... 1 min Ms Mack 5
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 3 min dreamhunk 34,451
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Abib 1,497,465
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 14 min The Power Of Mast... 1,110
Why do Italians call us mooleys??? wat is dat (Oct '07) 16 min TRUMPS WHITE SOLDIER 79
News Trump's staff picks disappoint, alarm minority ... 17 min WanderLusts 456
Black Privilege: Free Dylan Roof 20 min TRUMPS WHITE SOLDIER 12
What Exactly Is a "Good" Black Man? 54 min TRUMPS WHITE SOLDIER 50
Why Are White Women Adopting Black Babies? 1 hr Redefined 46
Got into it with the cafeteria worker this morning 2 hr Trayvons Last Ski... 25
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 10 hr Lori899 1,366
More from around the web