Affirmative action debate create rift...

Affirmative action debate create rifts in ethnic communities

There are 43 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Apr 5, 2014, titled Affirmative action debate create rifts in ethnic communities. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

The backlash by Chinese-American activists against a measure aimed at restoring affirmative action in the admissions process at California's public universities has set off political fisticuffs between ethnic groups accustomed to battling side-by-side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 6, 2014
Chinese-Americans are an even smaller minority in the system......their intelligence would give them an advantage, when added to the Affirmative Action educational and employment programs.....justly earned and totally acceptable, if the end goal is truly equality....

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#2 Apr 6, 2014
They all should just grow up. If we are all equal, then why would some need affirmative action? I mean, if I were a member of a minority group, I'd hate to be given special consideration for my race. That is just another way of being called inferior. In my world view, mostly only inferior (or infirm) people need help that others don't need, so don't give me any help that ALL people are not equally entitled to. Instead, if I were a minority, I'd want others to get out of my way and let me prove myself and prove I am equal to the predominant group, if not better.

I am not saying this to judge, but I'm just saying. Others come from a different mindset, and I respect that.
howlin wolf

Macon, GA

#4 Apr 6, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
They all should just grow up. If we are all equal, then why would some need affirmative action? I mean, if I were a member of a minority group, I'd hate to be given special consideration for my race. That is just another way of being called inferior. In my world view, mostly only inferior (or infirm) people need help that others don't need, so don't give me any help that ALL people are not equally entitled to. Instead, if I were a minority, I'd want others to get out of my way and let me prove myself and prove I am equal to the predominant group, if not better.
I am not saying this to judge, but I'm just saying. Others come from a different mindset, and I respect that.
America has a long history of discrimination against women and minorities. Many deserving minorities were pasted over for jobs or positions on the bases of race. Affirmation Action was designed to proved a level playing field, it's a hand up, not a handout. One still has to be qualified for the position he or she is chosen for. I'm not sure why this is so hard for some people to comprehend.

Level 8

Spotted World

#5 Apr 6, 2014
howlin wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
America has a long history of discrimination against women and minorities. Many deserving minorities were pasted over for jobs or positions on the bases of race. Affirmation Action was designed to proved a level playing field, it's a hand up, not a handout. One still has to be qualified for the position he or she is chosen for. I'm not sure why this is so hard for some people to comprehend.
The history crap is revisionist left-wing lies and a copout. Yes, many deserving people of ALL races get passed over. It is life. So shut up and deal with and and become 10 times better if you have to or start your own firm if you are so qualified and talented.

I don't want a hand up nor a hand out, as both are degrading concepts to me. And yes it is a handout. It is condescending to others and making exceptions, and saying they don't have what it takes. I am not sure why you are unable to understand how immoral and insulting this is. it doesn't level the playing field at all, but destroys it.

Scrap it all, and get out of the way, and let others sink or swim on their own. If you cut a cocoon, the butterfly inside will never fly. So people who struggle 100% on their own have much better character and values. If the most impoverished WP or a foreigner who refuses ALL assistance and handouts and can pull themselves up by the bootstraps, so can ANY minority member. Since they claim to be so equal, let them ACT equal and struggle the same damn way as my impoverished ancestors. Unless you can do it without Affirmative Action, you are NOT my equal.

Level 8

Spotted World

#6 Apr 6, 2014
Blacks Are Worthless wrote:
This is another Chinese deflection tactic to corner the market on scholarship based minority funding, unlike the shiftless American negroe dullard, the Chinese intelligence quotient so far surpasses the American negroes that they have no need for entitlement programs to accomplish what comes natural to them & all other races & as unethical as this tactic is I say let them get all the entitlement money they can get because every dime will actually go to enhancing an already genius quality race unlike the mentally challenged black students who only attend American institutes of higher learning to hang out in the student centers sleeping off their crack highs, rape female students, do drugs & burglarize cars in the campus parking lots.
You have a thought. That way the bleeding hearts can still feel like they are doing good, and this shunts funds from being given to attempt to educate abusive BM who do what you say. So keeping them off of campuses makes the campuses safer.

And the Asians are not naturally more intelligent really. They just know where they come from and remember their strict traditions and culture. For instance, for years, everyone assumed that Japanese people have genetically worse eyes, and may have assumed that came from mutations caused by nuclear weapons. Instead, more recent studies have proven that it is the more competitive nature of their academics and the study pressure on young children that is the real culprit for causing severe myopia. If you constantly strain your eyes as you are growing, they will grow longer than other people's, and having 20/400 vision by adulthood would be likely. And diet might play a role, since more antioxidants mean less cellular cross-links, making the eyes more susceptible to growing excessively long.(But you don't want too many cross-links in your body as they contribute to hardening of tissues and early aging.)
howlin wolf

Macon, GA

#7 Apr 6, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
The history crap is revisionist left-wing lies and a copout. Yes, many deserving people of ALL races get passed over. It is life. So shut up and deal with and and become 10 times better if you have to or start your own firm if you are so qualified and talented.
I don't want a hand up nor a hand out, as both are degrading concepts to me. And yes it is a handout. It is condescending to others and making exceptions, and saying they don't have what it takes. I am not sure why you are unable to understand how immoral and insulting this is. it doesn't level the playing field at all, but destroys it.
Scrap it all, and get out of the way, and let others sink or swim on their own. If you cut a cocoon, the butterfly inside will never fly. So people who struggle 100% on their own have much better character and values. If the most impoverished WP or a foreigner who refuses ALL assistance and handouts and can pull themselves up by the bootstraps, so can ANY minority member. Since they claim to be so equal, let them ACT equal and struggle the same damn way as my impoverished ancestors. Unless you can do it without Affirmative Action, you are NOT my equal.
You're delusional as hell if you think that discrimination no longer exist and you need to pick up a fckin history book if you don't understand why Affirmative Action exist.
Klaus666

Barrie, Canada

#8 Apr 6, 2014
Cowardly, ugly, evil colored subhuman vermin gotta die, they gonna die.

Level 8

Spotted World

#9 Apr 6, 2014
howlin wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You're delusional as hell if you think that discrimination no longer exist and you need to pick up a fckin history book if you don't understand why Affirmative Action exist.
Sure it exists. I face racism and discrimination daily from the people you defend and worship. But I don't wallow in it nor want ANY special help.

The history books are full of lies, and you need to get over your preoccupation with the past. Learn to forgive, forget, and move on like a NORMAL person. All that matters is what happens right now, not the stupid garbage from the past. You and your people are failures NOW so you harp on the past to get unwarranted sympathy because you are unable to stop the behaviors you are doing now to EARN and DESERVE what you pretend it "racism."

Again, you support Affirmative Action because you think minorities are inferior. It is impossible to support affirmative action and think of them as equals. Again, I expect them to do what my ancestors did and pull themselves up by the bootstraps without help.

If I were a minority member and claimed that status, don't you (whoever is offering, not you) dare condescend to me with your special entitlements or your White guilt. Instead, stay out of my way to let me sink or swim on my own and let me suffer the consequences of my actions without daring to be so arrogant and controlling as to offer help or bail me out. Let me struggle alone and do things the hard way, and if it doesn't work, stay out of my way as I die by my own behaviors.

Level 8

Spotted World

#10 Apr 6, 2014
Klaus666 wrote:
Cowardly, ugly, evil colored subhuman vermin gotta die, they gonna die.
You're the colored one. You are beige-colored, right? If you studied science, you'd know that white is the presence of all colors, while black is the absence of color. And there is a poem about this...

Being Colored:
When I was born...I was BLACK.
When I grew up...I was BLACK.
When I am sick...I am BLACK
When I go out in the sun...I am BLACK.
When I go out in the cold...I am BLACK.
When I die...I am BLACK.

BUT YOU WHITE FOLK :
When you are born...You are PINK.
When you grow up...You are PEACH.
When you are sick...You are GREEN.
When you go out in the cold...You are BLUE.
When you are scared... You are WHITE.
When you go out in the sun...You are RED.
When you die...You turn PURPLE.

And you have the nerve to call me "COLORED"!

Author unknown
howlin wolf

Macon, GA

#11 Apr 6, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it exists. I face racism and discrimination daily from the people you defend and worship. But I don't wallow in it nor want ANY special help.
The history books are full of lies, and you need to get over your preoccupation with the past. Learn to forgive, forget, and move on like a NORMAL person. All that matters is what happens right now, not the stupid garbage from the past. You and your people are failures NOW so you harp on the past to get unwarranted sympathy because you are unable to stop the behaviors you are doing now to EARN and DESERVE what you pretend it "racism."
Again, you support Affirmative Action because you think minorities are inferior. It is impossible to support affirmative action and think of them as equals. Again, I expect them to do what my ancestors did and pull themselves up by the bootstraps without help.
If I were a minority member and claimed that status, don't you (whoever is offering, not you) dare condescend to me with your special entitlements or your White guilt. Instead, stay out of my way to let me sink or swim on my own and let me suffer the consequences of my actions without daring to be so arrogant and controlling as to offer help or bail me out. Let me struggle alone and do things the hard way, and if it doesn't work, stay out of my way as I die by my own behaviors.
You've got to be the dumbest b itch on this forum!

http://clinton2.nara.gov/WH/EOP/OP/html/aa/aa...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13 Apr 7, 2014
No one gives a f*cu about Blacks except Blacks.
mikey

South El Monte, CA

#14 Apr 7, 2014
Shalimar is a racist sick b$tch.
Jax

Ridgewood, NY

#15 Apr 7, 2014
Shalimarr wrote:
No one gives a f*cu about Blacks except Blacks.
Don't forget the white women.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 7, 2014
Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the white women.
Do they care about you? Oh.. ok my bad.
NE Asian GOD

Norwalk, CA

#20 Apr 8, 2014
recently a black man scored 2100 in SAT + 4.0 high school GPA accepted by Ivy Ledge with full scholarship made a top story. funny thing is, I(as a Taiwanese/Chinese American) scored slightly higher when I was in high school but i didn't even bother to apply MIT or Harvard because I already know I won't even make it to the waiting list, because I personally don't know any east asian could worse score than that and most of them still struggling to get accepted by state universities.

We are told it's because there are too many of us in these universities(20-35%) while the total Chinese American only accounted 1.2% of the U.S population, mean while an African American athlete could effortlessly accepted by any state university with 0 academical success. This is how college system works in America. speaking of Victims of AA, Caucasian didn't see any of it. any n

Going to elite universities in the U.S was never a fair game for white and east asian, but liberals congress man forgot to tell these people that affirmative action have no place in high skill job market, where everything really counts :D
Jax

Ridgewood, NY

#21 Apr 8, 2014
NE Asian GOD wrote:
recently a black man scored 2100 in SAT + 4.0 high school GPA accepted by Ivy Ledge with full scholarship made a top story. funny thing is, I(as a Taiwanese/Chinese American) scored slightly higher when I was in high school but i didn't even bother to apply MIT or Harvard because I already know I won't even make it to the waiting list, because I personally don't know any east asian could worse score than that and most of them still struggling to get accepted by state universities.
We are told it's because there are too many of us in these universities(20-35%) while the total Chinese American only accounted 1.2% of the U.S population, mean while an African American athlete could effortlessly accepted by any state university with 0 academical success. This is how college system works in America. speaking of Victims of AA, Caucasian didn't see any of it. any n
Going to elite universities in the U.S was never a fair game for white and east asian, but liberals congress man forgot to tell these people that affirmative action have no place in high skill job market, where everything really counts :D
Maybe it's because you are not smart enough as an Asian. I know many brothas from the hood got accepted to Ivy league schools and they hardly study when they are in high school. So this show how much smarter black people are compared to you Asians.
NE Asian GOD

Norwalk, CA

#23 Apr 8, 2014
Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's because you are not smart enough as an Asian. I know many brothas from the hood got accepted to Ivy league schools and they hardly study when they are in high school. So this show how much smarter black people are compared to you Asians.
ha! and yet most club events around UC Santa Barbara and San Diego were booked out by east asian students. Point is, east asian are the ones study the least and get highest achievement. and only 0.1% blacks may able to get into these college with the sympathy of jews and white liberal congress man, even then they still fail to graduate let along be a productive individual

Chinese along accounted 20% silicon valley information tech firms from mere 1.2% population, who also behind numerous global scale projects such as youtube.com , yahoo.com and Nvidia crop. now can you name me a single relevant black computer scientific(or anyone) from your entire history?:D

your mentality never failed to show me how much "smarter" black people are. lolz!
see the light

El Paso, TX

#24 Apr 8, 2014
It's not that Chinese have better brains, it is the they are disaplined into studying. Affirmitive action is not right. Its being racial discriminative to everyone but Blks.
In 2003 New Haven Fire.Dept based a promotion of Captain and Lieutenant on a written exam. By the next year the city threw out the test results when all but one of the eligible candidates for promotion proved to be white. Frank Ricci , who scored highest.sued for reverse discrimination. Circuit Judge Sonya Sotomayoer voted to throw his appeal out. She then wanted a new test that was much easier for the Blks. It was argued 7 years, and the Court found the City discriminated against white firefighters and they given 2 million each.
Affirmitive Action doesn't work, you put unqualified people in jobs they can't do. Just look at Obama.

Location hidden

#26 Apr 9, 2014
see the light wrote:
It's not that Chinese have better brains, it is the they are disaplined into studying. Affirmitive action is not right. Its being racial discriminative to everyone but Blks.
In 2003 New Haven Fire.Dept based a promotion of Captain and Lieutenant on a written exam. By the next year the city threw out the test results when all but one of the eligible candidates for promotion proved to be white. Frank Ricci , who scored highest.sued for reverse discrimination. Circuit Judge Sonya Sotomayoer voted to throw his appeal out. She then wanted a new test that was much easier for the Blks. It was argued 7 years, and the Court found the City discriminated against white firefighters and they given 2 million each.
Affirmitive Action doesn't work, you put unqualified people in jobs they can't do. Just look at Obama.
Why didn't they give the promotion to the one guy who wasn't white?
BM are as dumb as a bag of rocks... they're the ones supporting notions of white superiority, chasing down WW, when BW have the lowest marriage rat in America.

Location hidden

#27 Apr 9, 2014
*rate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
49er QB Colin Kaepernick is WAKING UP 9 min Go Blue Forever 111
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 42 min asd 386
Black people can't speak English (Jan '13) 1 hr Sean Coonery 157
How to EXPOSE PAID TROLLS 1 hr MICHA 10
Was Japeth Noah's son was an ALBINO? (Jun '13) 1 hr Redefined 17
News KKK Endorsement (Mar '08) 1 hr Capernick daughter 133
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 hr Who 47,906
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 3 hr Who 588
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 7 hr Skiff Azlaan 283
Blue ivy is UGLY!!!! (Jul '13) 9 hr sal 62