louisiana

#966 Mar 29, 2014
*your African group.*

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#967 Mar 29, 2014
anyway, the word African was forced on that continent by Europeans and is a European word so if i were to ask someone if i could use that term for identification purposes i would ask a European: not an African.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#968 Mar 29, 2014
hardly anything you have is authenic: your countries were mapped out and given to you: the names of those countries were given to you: the African label was forced on you: all by EUROPEANS. Europeans allowed you to live Europe and America, etc...
You have the optimal opportunity of being educated and make a living outside your country of origin. Look like you could do all of this in Africa given the fact that it is the most resource and mineral continent on planet earth: i guess not.
Since you are a charity case in America i suggest you just stay in your place and be on your best behavior. Nothing else here has nothing to do with you.

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#969 Mar 29, 2014
dragonpat wrote:
...and you could push for group to go back to where they came from.
African immigrants, like all immigrants, don't come here to fraternize with the likes of you.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

louisiana

#970 Mar 29, 2014
i love my AFRO people. We live or lives without worrying about anyone else.
nina

Houston, TX

#971 Mar 29, 2014
@ Abdurattin
Arab and African is nothing new to me am from Zanzibar ,Tanzania very there very many arab Omani men married.to the local women. In fact ever heard of waswahili in the east african coast these are mixed race children Arab men and local women. The same thing if you go to Comoros Islands. Also other parts of African have mixed with Arabs since ancient time. Black women from Africa don't have a problem getting men from other races.
Nina

Houston, TX

#973 Mar 29, 2014
TimeforHonesty wrote:
<quoted text>
How is she low life scum?
He is just a hater....and actually making me start to dislike African American men. Did you see what he wrote about African women. He said we are dumb and cheap #hores for white men.

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#974 Mar 30, 2014
Nina wrote:
<quoted text>
He is just a hater....and actually making me start to dislike African American men. Did you see what he wrote about African women. He said we are dumb and cheap #hores for white men.
This site got you disliking them? Man, try going out in public.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#976 Mar 30, 2014
Nina wrote:
<quoted text>
B-word, I do not care if you hate me. You are not my woman and you mean NOTHING to me at all. You are like a piece of worthless half rotten meat to me. I bet you smell like a pile of do-do. I would not touch you with a 10 foot pole.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#977 Mar 30, 2014
dragonpat wrote:
fake African? We dont want to be African. Thats just a label imposed upon us: not anything we are trying to be. The only ones you Africans are alienating are the 1% of us who are afrocentric and that is a good thing because they need to wake up from their craziness. Now Pan-African is another issue.Please dont flatter yourself: we have MUCH to be proud of as a people who have made a great contribution to America. The richest and most powerful country known to mankind.
I suspect the word "fake African" was intended for that buffoon Assdurratin. And he is about as fake as anyone can be. Fake Pan-Africanist as well, and definitely a fake "scholar." The misogynistic stupid goose. But I will return to this thread tomorrow. Most likely with some reflections in response to Lisa's analyses.

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

#978 Mar 30, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> I suspect the word "fake African" was intended for that buffoon Assdurratin. And he is about as fake as anyone can be
Yo mama is fake as you proved when you revealed that she was a Panther.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#979 Mar 31, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo mama is fake as you proved when you revealed that she was a Panther.
If you ever speak disrespectfully of my mother in my presence, you will be dismembered. And I never said my mother was a Panther, which would have made her more genuine and intelligent than you, I said she was a Black Panther Party supporter, you diseased refuse from a baboon's rectum.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#980 Mar 31, 2014
realitee wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree because Africans date and marry people who are not the same culturally. I am in a relationship with a Igbo man who was born and raised in Nigeria. I'm Black American.We are not the same culture wise and his family has accepted me. My culture has never been an issue. His family looks at my character and there are lots of things that they love about me. The one thing that impressed them the most about me is the knowledge that I have about their culture. I also have made an attempt to learn Igbo. It really depends.....
I guess the first thing we have to keep in mind is that Africans, like all other human beings, are not an monlolithic mass. Just as some African American men and women can related to Africans, befriend them, and in some cases LOVE them, the same can be said for some Africans in relationship to us. Some African-Americans are distrustful or even hostile toward Africans. Some Africans feel likewise. There are no doubt a lot of reasons for this, and it would be worthy of some examination. I've both male and female kindred who are married to men adn women from the Motherland. While I don't justify distrust, prejudice and the stereotyping of folk, there's anough blame on both sides to make one pause before passing judgment.
But again, what I would like to know are the circumstances of the persons who do joined in vows of love across the awful Middle Passage. Why are they different? Education? Upbringing?

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

#981 Mar 31, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> If you ever speak disrespectfully of my mother in my presence, you will be dismembered.
First you gone shoot me then you gone dismember me. Wow, we talk plenty big when we are sitting behind a keyboard is a dang easy chair. But if you keep that crap up, I am going to report your sorry assss to the police for makling terroristic threats.

Savant wrote:
<quoted text>And I never said my mother was a Panther, which would have made her more genuine and intelligent than you, I said she was a Black Panther Party supporter, you diseased refuse from a baboon's rectum.
Exactly. She was a Panther.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#982 Mar 31, 2014
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text> I think a significant barrier to African and American Black relationship formation is in our cultural outlook that extends to our approaches..
For Africans is it's difficult to adapt to the idea of racial identity..whereas being labelled Black has been a primary identification for African Americans....which tends to effect how you see (and treat) people, racism, etc.
For example..it's more than common for African American men to approach (treat) women according to their race (as there seems to be believed different approaches "needed" to secure romantic interest in dealing with women based on RACE <not culture>).... the idea that WW would be scared off by an overly aggressive "Big Bad BM"....tends to make many BM deal with them in a more respectable, kind, loving, gentle way...even when some are "rough around the edges"...then you have many african american men who think all Black women (regardless of culture) like extremely aggressiveness (solely based on stereotypes that ALL BW think gentlemens are weak...prefer thugs and abuse).
Another example: Is our difference in approach to racism..African Americans seem to think this is a social (racial), moral, & civil rights problem (predominantly)..and much of your developed strategies tend to be focus in this direction (hence the strong push of integration and IR with Non-Blacks)... Whereas, Africans see this as an economic and a capitalistic issue..hence why the heavy push for education, strong (for you)" BLACK" & African (for us) families/communities (in which we keep wealth within)...
Not allowing about 95% to flow to white communities (for you..and into the hands of Asians or Arabs for us) and the majority of what remains out of the 5% is enjoyed by the non black communities who setup shop in Black American neighborhoods (or land/Africa)....
The average African woman do not like "casual" approaches from men (hence why many voice concerns with being "harassed" on the streets,etc.).. although it may be common for AAm socilizating technic when trying to secure "love interest"..We are a group of "reserved" females...
We tend to form relationships in an more "intimate" way (as you noted earlier)..
Now there's a lot packed into your post, and I will try to respond to different parts of it in different posts, and maybe different times. First our different approaches to racism. There is a greater tendency among Black Americans than among whites to see racism as an INSTITUTIONALIZED system of power and privilege, not just prejudice and animosity. For us, it's just a matter of white attitudes, but more fundamentally white power and privilege. Whites may encounter Black animsoity, as we certainly have encountered their seven more. But whites do not experience any oppressive Black power because, unlike imperial white power, it mainly does not exist. Blacks in America--as numerous surveys have shown--are also more cognizant than whites of an unjust class structure as well. but it is mainly among the more "radical" or revolutionary African Americans that there is a clear connection in mind between RACISM and CAPITALISM. Dr. King, Malcolm X, the 1960s Black Panthers, the African Blood Brotherhood, Dr. Du Bois, Angela DAvis, Cornel West, Savant and many others see racism and capitalism as being inextricably interwined. Hence they commonly come to the conclusion that the fight against racism cannot be definitively won without winning the fight against capitalism as well. Moreover, some sutdies show that this attitude is at least implicitly present (though not well thought out) among AA working class and poor folk than among our Blacik bourgeois and petty bourgeois. Nonetheless, the "leadership" of the Black community, and most of the leaders of the Civil rights Movement were men 9sometimes women) of our petty bourgeios and bourgeois strata. This deeply affects strategies for fighting and perceiving racism politically

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#983 Mar 31, 2014
I'm about to exit my office. I will post further reply to Lisa's post later. Her posts are worth thinking about regardless of the degree to which one concurs or differs with her.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#984 Mar 31, 2014
Timothy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100 percent. 9 times out of 10, I will marry an African American woman. Yet, if I were to marry an African woman or a black woman that was non-African American, I would make sure that I would have strong cultural understanding of the woman that I am with. That is a great way to improve relationships among humanity and to see that our cultural differences doesn't negate our common interests (like the love of family, the love of Africa, the love of honesty, and the promotion of egalitarian principles). Forever, I will reject imperialism and believe in economic justice. These are great words that you have mentioned Brother.
By the way, you woulld probably appreciate a new book entitled "IN A SINGLE GARMENT OF DESTINY: A GLOBAL VISION OF JUSTICE. It's a new volume of Dr. King's writings and speeches specifically focusing on his analysis of INTERNATIONAL conditions and relatiions,?There is an especially sizeable collection of his work on Africa's struggle for feedom and her resistance to colonialism and imperialism. There especially alot on the fight against Apartheid in south Africa. He even has an article entitled 'My Talk with Ben Bella." And therer is also discussion of the situation in Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. I saw this information in my campus email this morning. I will get a desk copy--one of the perks of academic life. But the cost is only $16 for the paperback edition published by Beacon Press. Beacon publishes a lot of progressive and left-of-center stuff.
I normally wouldn't suggest a book which I've not yet read. But my inspection of the table of contents mainly show works by Dr. King which I'm already familiar with. And they are edited by Dr. Lewis Baldwin, and AA king scholar and professor of religion at Vanderbilt University. it may be even cheaper on Amazon.com . Ok, I'm outta here. Later on, bro.

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

#985 Mar 31, 2014
This is why I do not like those low life scummy Panther thugs. They think we the black people do not have the right or inclination to call the cops when we are being violated. But I have been threatened BY THOSE BASTARDS SO MANTY TIMES THAT I REALLY HAVE NO OTHJER CHOICE BUT TO CALL THE COPS. I am soooooooo scared I am shaking in my boots. Now, if we were school boys, I would ignore her threats. But we are both grown men. And I am sick and tired of him relating to me as if he is a little bitch. He is so effing effeminate.
Notquite

Cleveland, OH

#987 Mar 31, 2014
I'd date a black from a different culture. I have a friend who is Jamaican. The culture is so interesting. I love their food and I love bob Marley. :3.

Level 8

Saint Louis, MO

#988 Mar 31, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> Now there's a lot packed into your post, and I will try to respond to different parts of it in different posts, and maybe different times. First our different approaches to racism. There is a greater tendency among Black Americans than among whites to see racism as an INSTITUTIONALIZED system of power and privilege, not just prejudice and animosity. For us, it's just a matter of white attitudes, but more fundamentally white power and privilege. Whites may encounter Black animsoity, as we certainly have encountered their seven more. But whites do not experience any oppressive Black power because, unlike imperial white power, it mainly does not exist. Blacks in America--as numerous surveys have shown--are also more cognizant than whites of an unjust class structure as well. but it is mainly among the more "radical" or revolutionary African Americans that there is a clear connection in mind between RACISM and CAPITALISM. Dr. King, Malcolm X, the 1960s Black Panthers, the African Blood Brotherhood, Dr. Du Bois, Angela DAvis, Cornel West, Savant and many others see racism and capitalism as being inextricably interwined. Hence they commonly come to the conclusion that the fight against racism cannot be definitively won without winning the fight against capitalism as well. Moreover, some sutdies show that this attitude is at least implicitly present (though not well thought out) among AA working class and poor folk than among our Blacik bourgeois and petty bourgeois. Nonetheless, the "leadership" of the Black community, and most of the leaders of the Civil rights Movement were men 9sometimes women) of our petty bourgeios and bourgeois strata. This deeply affects strategies for fighting and perceiving racism politically
I do not buy any of that crap of making excuses for black racists. They need to be held responsible for their racism. If there is anything I disagree with Kwame Ture on, it is letting black racists off the hook too easy.

For example, we have a long history of members of our community trying to break up mixed relationships and mistreating mixed children. For example, if a teacher ignores one particular child in her classroom because he is "mixed" that is racism. And she controls a power structure over that child. And she is a racist dog who needs to be tied up and whipped with a stick. And I strongly suspect that Sissy Savant fits into that category. She is very arbitrary. Apparently her mama did not teach her to treat people justly and fairly. So, when she discriminates against little children in her classroom based on racial issues, she needs to be whipped with a stick. That's way the Chinese use to do it. They had a big stick and a little stick. When they got caught doing stupid things like that sissy does every day, the judge would say that they would be whipped by the little stick or the big stick. For racism and making excuses for it, that sissy needs to be whipped with the big stick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black guest stuns CNN anchor: Racism is - not a... 9 min paddyomalley 464
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 10 min Carly HI YAH 6,173
BW Cuffed by Police for Kissing WM: Prostitute??? 10 min Good-Vibes 279
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min John Galt 1,110,661
Top 15 Heavyweight Boxers Of All Time 11 min Moontan 33
White Power is finally ending, Blacks will righ... 12 min Truth 681
Danielle Watts Exposed! 16 min Jubilant Sleep 6
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 17 min African AE 24,607
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 20 min FELISITAS 120,891
Even Rapper Drake, Called East African Women, "... 1 hr GIZLER 59
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••