I feel ugly because i am dark skin.

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Level 7

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#319 Jul 30, 2013
Jesuspeaceandlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg, your benevolent mentality resembles my boyfriends!!!!!!
Thank you...I came from that sort of household...my dad and grandfather both have large shoes to fill....when my grandfather speaks...people quiet down and listen....but I yell all of time and no one bothers to listens...lol!

But this sort of spirit was actually instilled into me early on....and the schools that I attended..only confirmed and solidified it..."Men for others"

But believe me....I have my less than benevolent...altruistic moments!

“Perfection is impossible”

Level 5

Since: May 13

But excellence is close enough

#320 Jul 30, 2013
Moorspeaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually she used to kiss me on the cheeks...and I'd smell her intoxicating perfume!
For years...that fragrance used to get me all worked up...Smdh...lol!
When she would talk to me...it was like her voice was a musical instrument and her laugh was like a solo piece....it was so sexy to me...when she spoke to me...I just stopped and listened to only her...she let me push her chair up to the table during dinner...like I was her man...lol!
She looked just like the woman on the Phone at the beginning of this clip:
http://youtu.be/EFkBKuyWWX4
But with a lot less makeup!
I remember Once when she took her shoes off and sat in the living room laughing and talking with her legs crossed...she asked me to retrieve her purse from the kitchen counter....she looked sooo hot....I was having some major issues!
And lets just say that I went trough a lot of sheets during that period!
Wow, she was really your dream girl, huh. Seeing as how she resembles the woman at the beginning of the clip, i can say she is very gorgeous. I know you had several concupicient dreams about her. Lol, forgive me, Chris Rock and his dance sequence was hilarious (off topic) lol!!!:D

Anyways, do you recall how old she was in contrast to you?

Level 5

#321 Jul 30, 2013
Moorspeaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you...I came from that sort of household...my dad and grandfather both have large shoes to fill....when my grandfather speaks...people quiet down and listen....but I yell all of time and no one bothers to listens...lol!
But this sort of spirit was actually instilled into me early on....and the schools that I attended..only confirmed and solidified it..."Men for others"
But believe me....I have my less than benevolent...altruistic moments!
Haha, well generally I know you were raised to be a gentlemen, thanks to your well-respected grandfather.

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Level 7

Location hidden

#322 Jul 30, 2013
Jesuspeaceandlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, she was really your dream girl, huh. Seeing as how she resembles the woman at the beginning of the clip, i can say she is very gorgeous. I know you had several concupicient dreams about her. Lol, forgive me, Chris Rock and his dance sequence was hilarious (off topic) lol!!!:D
Yeah...I had to laugh at him in that clip too...he was just so caught up in it!

*Now don't get me wrong...I've gotten over her a long time ago...and I am madly in love and desire for my bride...but I will never forget that experience...and from what I can figure and I've all but asked my mom..lol...she had to be in her early thirties and simply delicious!

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Level 7

Location hidden

#323 Jul 30, 2013
Jesuspeaceandlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha, well generally I know you were raised to be a gentlemen, thanks to your well-respected grandfather.
Thank you Ma'am!

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Level 7

Location hidden

#324 Jul 30, 2013
Jesuspeaceandlove wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL...just looking at that clip again...lmbao...I recalled how we went to see this movie in the theater..and once Nikki showed up...and Chris Rock's Character started trippin...my wife started to pinch me...with every step that he took towards cutting up!

I was like what...I haven't done anything....and she informed me that..."All I know that you liked Nikki"...then when they showed the lady on the phone...she just laughed and stated that..."Oh you're just having a ball with this movie aren't you".....

"I just see this happening to you...and I know that you're living vicariously through his character...ooow...I'd kick your A**"

But we were laughing...because she was right!

Level 5

#325 Jul 30, 2013
Moorspeaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Ma'am!
You're very welcome, sir. I call it how I see it.:)

Level 5

#326 Jul 30, 2013
Moorspeaks wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL...just looking at that clip again...lmbao...I recalled how we went to see this movie in the theater..and once Nikki showed up...and Chris Rock's Character started trippin...my wife started to pinch me...with every step that he took towards cutting up!
I was like what...I haven't done anything....and she informed me that..."All I know that you liked Nikki"...then when they showed the lady on the phone...she just laughed and stated that..."Oh you're just having a ball with this movie aren't you".....
"I just see this happening to you...and I know that you're living vicariously through his character...ooow...I'd kick your A**"
But we were laughing...because she was right!
Oh wow, although she was right, I know you wouldn't two time your wife, right? Lol.

Level 5

#327 Jul 30, 2013
Moorspeaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...I had to laugh at him in that clip too...he was just so caught up in it!
*Now don't get me wrong...I've gotten over her a long time ago...and I am madly in love and desire for my bride...but I will never forget that experience...and from what I can figure and I've all but asked my mom..lol...she had to be in her early thirties and simply delicious!
Hmmm, interesting and again, cute. I wonder, is your wife a mere reflection of your childhood crush, or the actress in that movie? Any semblance at all?

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Level 7

Location hidden

#328 Aug 1, 2013
Jesuspeaceandlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, interesting and again, cute. I wonder, is your wife a mere reflection of your childhood crush, or the actress in that movie? Any semblance at all?
No my wife is her own woman...not some reflection of a childhood crush...and that's just fine with me!

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Level 7

Location hidden

#329 Aug 1, 2013
Jesuspeaceandlove wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow, although she was right, I know you wouldn't two time your wife, right? Lol.
I'd never cheat on her(and do that to her and my children!)...love and adore her...have far too much respect for her....she's a huge part of my life...and I'd never want to be that guy!

Level 5

#330 Aug 1, 2013
Moorspeaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd never cheat on her(and do that to her and my children!)...love and adore her...have far too much respect for her....she's a huge part of my life...and I'd never want to be that guy!
Splendid, I knew you didn't covet that mindset, you're so unique from most. Never change, Moorspeaks. Best wishes on your beautiful wife and children.

Level 5

#331 Aug 1, 2013
Moorspeaks wrote:
<quoted text>
No my wife is her own woman...not some reflection of a childhood crush...and that's just fine with me!
That's great, no one can replace nor imitate your wife, she's uniquely created just for you.
Oyinda

Lagos, Nigeria

#332 Oct 22, 2013
Its really sad that people hate theirselves because they are dark skinned. I live in Africa and there are dirrerent skin tones in Africa and all the wemen are beautiful. In Africa, you don't see girls wishing to be lighter skin because they know they are beautiful the way they are. I guess when you forcefully take people away from their homes and make them slaves, they get thie impression that their masters are better than them and try to look like them. When Afrocans first saw white people, they tought they looked funny.To all africans out theren try to love your skin and stop HATING.
dark is beautiful

Riverside, CA

#333 Nov 10, 2013
Listen honey you can not worry about what people think who cares look am dark and i have a sister who is light but my mom never makes a diffrence what im trying to say is dark is beautiful dont hate what god gave to you embrace it you are beautiful!!! just because you got no guys chasing after you doesnt mean they havent noticed you trust me dont hate and please dont ever come to the piont where you wanna kill yourself i could tell you this a million times but its you who has to believe it stop going by what society says is beautiful be who you are GORGEOUS

“Black Luv or Bust!”

Level 7

Location hidden

#334 Nov 13, 2013
I'm a dark toned bm and I have the complete opposite mindset...I wouldn't trade my color for anything in the world!

For me...it's actually a source of deep pride!

Level 4

San Antonio, TX

#335 Nov 13, 2013
Hey sweety,just want to say,never let this world tell you your ugly,you are absolutly gorgeous,and I know it,these men on here you can't rely on because as mentioned earlier,they feed off your insecurity.But your a beautiful black goddess,your skin shimmering in the moonlight making the moon jealous of your glow,your cottonesc hair so soft sleep becomes hard to deny,your amazing sweety,don't ever ever ever,let anyone tell you differently.
Malic

Houston, TX

#336 Nov 13, 2013
This young lady is void of any knowledge. Little does she know, she is perfectly the right tone and color. Her Melanin gotta be through the roof!

Look at Jesuspeaceandlov. If she look something like that dark, ebony beauty and complaining about it, she need to be slapped.

White boys going CRAZY like bat-sh*t Apes to get them darkies. They want some MELANNNNNIIINNNNN!

When times comes, all the dark Black People will be like Gods walking this earth. They are the closest to have a higher Pineal Gland activation, for the darker you are, the more the cosmic and Mother Nature identifies. That means, they can sense different dimensions and realms. Telekinetic powers and whatever else the Black People' DNA reveals of hidden powers since we've been dormant. Just have Knowledge and know Truths and Prophecies.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#337 Nov 29, 2013
dark girl wrote:
Hey evryone i just wanted to say that i am a girl in college, and i feel so ugly like i want to commit suicide. i feel so gloomy inside. I wish that i was beautiful light skin with straighter hair. I am 20 and my mom and dad are very afrocentric they will kill me if i get a perm. my grandad was in the black panther party (the old one) he used to rally all over harlem. thats how afrocentric my family is. my dad is dark skin and my mom even darker. And I am dark skin as well. I wish my family would understand i am tired of using the flat iron and getting domincan blow outs.
I wanted eye contacts to make me a little more exotic like a dark brown hazelish color, not a blue or anything. but the thing is I have perfect vision so my family would be wondering why i bought them.
they dont understand how its like to be a dark skin girl in 2011 all the guys want someone lighter and more exotic, it doesnt matter if they are ghetto or whores. I feel so ugly and to top it off god didnt evn give me a bria myles body or a buffy the body body. Im just built like every other girl, a little thin though. so I get no attention at all, even at the HBCU I attend.
i just want to kill myself and ger reincarnated into a beautiful light skin girl with light colored eyes and long hair, so i could feel more wanted. so I would a better chance at marrying a sucessful black man, a lawyer doctor, priest, pastor, engineer, businessman.
my dad expects me to bring one of those home, but he doesnt understand I cant. all the guys doing those things are chasing after exotic women not dark skin black girls. i feel like I am a great disapointment to my entire family.
Bonsoir mon amie,

Bonsoir mon amie,

Ugliness to me is defined by the way you treat others and not the way you look, beauty to me is internal first and that light radiates from within you...then becomes external forgive me English is not my first language :) I am originally from Martinique, I have been here since I was fifteen I am descended from a Greek mother and an Egyptian/Senegalese father and I am not light of skin either I am a dark olive complexion.

You will find a man to love you, respect you and honor you,

Take pride in who you are, what you look like as well for you are uniqueÂ… use your talents to make the world a better place than you left it.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#338 Nov 30, 2013
Carmiana wrote:
<quoted text>
You are young and have plenty of time to fall inlove with the right guy. You dont need to be chased around by a whole bunch of men who only want to have sex any way and have no intentions of marrying. Just because a man marries a woman because of the way she looks doesn't mean that they are happily married. Men are superficial like that are narcissistic. So it's better you stay away from men like that. They are very destructive to their selves and everyone else around them.
Light skin ain't everything, and I am saying this to you as a light skinned black woman. Skin color doesn't bring you happiness, being confident and humble will do that and so much more.
Don't consider suicide becuase of your skin color. Just because there aren't a whole bunch of men chasing after you doesn't mean that no man will fall inlove with you and want to marry you. Being successful doesn't mean being a doctor, lawyer, pries, or any other thing you listed. Just as long as the man is inlove with you and treats you well because he is inlove with you, then his occupation is not going to be important or even play a big role in your lives. So long as the occupation isn't detrimental to you as a person or himself.
Just remember, if God didn't create dark skinned people, then the rainbow would be incomplete.
Well said!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why slavery happened and kept getting worse voo... 2 min Yisraelite Suprem... 4
Who can tell me 2 min Summer Jones 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,601,720
Is it possible that Blacks built smaller pyrami... 15 min Got_Rope 29
Why do black men believe anything that strokes ... 15 min Samantha 24
When I'm in a the shower, I'm afraid to wash my... 16 min Summer Jones 1
I'm just an average man 19 min Summer Jones 2
Whitey saves the day again: AIDS cured! 29 min Jam Master THX 36
Why don't prostitutes sleep with black men? (Jul '16) 4 hr Iluvwhtwomen 146
Nighur decapitates puppy because it soiled the ... 9 hr Mr Lee 24