Why Do black women keep having babies...

Why Do black women keep having babies out of wedlock

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

Riverdale, IL

#1 Jul 21, 2008
Black women are burden by statistics constantly and the thing about statistics is that its math is just like science or engineering it is what it is no variation. 70% of black women with children had them out of wedlock. What I want to know is I do have a good idea yet I want to get someone else perspective on this major issue. These black women that have had or are having now babies were not raped nor forced into this situation. So if it was at there will how are they allowing themselves to be sperm donor recipients? It was a time and you here old people saying this allot where you had to make and agreement and commitment before god that you wanted a women. Why have women allowed themselves to go for the oky doke? My great grandmother was married to my grandfather and she didn't give up her goodies without a title, and the same for my grandmother and of course my great grandmother is dead now but my grandmother is still married and got married twice because my grandfather died young. But anyway why have black women lost there game is it due to the lack of father role in the household hint? A man takes what he can get and does what he can, if you give most men anything they will take it whether you ask or they beg you for it. Allot of the black women that have babies out of wedlock they get jobs or get education and are successful and claim they are smart and successful and blame black men. Don't get me wrong these women didn't get pregnant by themselves it takes 2 to tango. But correct me if im wrong if a women is smart wouldn't she see a guy that is not and see thru him and see that maybe this guy is not going to be with her or is a loser. Does a smart person be around losers or let losers get with them? I asked a guy that was from Africa about this phenomenon and he told me that if the young women coming up to women hood or even if a grown women got pregnant without being married. There family would send them away and the men would not want them. So is it just a sign of the times or this really a perilous situation?
Just the fax please

Columbia, SC

#2 Jul 21, 2008
What I don't get is how they have all these babies, lead the nation in HPV and HIV cases, and then call non-black women "easy".

“R.I.P Michael Jackson”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 21, 2008
How come white girls get abortions left and right?

Yeah, you're being stupid and making horrible generalizations against a whole race!

You see my comment above, isn't it pretty ignorant to say that ALL white girls get abortions, even though, they lead in the amount of procedures done, but also plenty of other races get the same thing done too?

Yeah, stop being an @sshole!!!

“Positive people.”

Since: Jun 08

north little rock arkansas

#4 Jul 21, 2008
I agree with you ,this is something that has to be addressed and dealt with A.S.A.P.,but 70% of black women having chidren are not having them out of wedlock,some of these women are divorced from the father of their children,but you do have 70% of black children being raised in single parent homes.I think it more of a spiritual issue,how can anyone find it okay to reproduce children and not take responsibility for them is beyond me.My grandfather was a wonderful example of a man,he and my grandmother had 13 children together,not once did he run out on his wife and children,but todays black men seem to think that they have a right to do that.There are no blameless people here,if black men don't want children then he should use protection when he has relations with a woman,especially one that he don't know,or a one night stand,thats just plain ignorance.The men back in your grandmothers day were more likely to marry black women,these guys today just want to have fun and thats it,no commitment,no responsibility and no one at home to teach him that to be a man there are certain things expected of you in society.The women are not being raped physically,but are being raped mentally by good for nothing black men,black men make up 80% of the prison population,54% of the high school drop out rate and 70% of the homicides committed in this country,there needs to be a serious overhaul of the way that black parents are raising their children,teach the young women that her body is her temple and that no man has the right to touch her or abuse her body,teach her that sex does not equal love,and teach her that todays black men are predators.we should teach our young men that it's not okay to run around from state to state and city to city reproducing children with different women and not taking care of them,teach them that he should educate himself and take controll of his life instead of blaming every problem in the black community on women and children,understand that every time he does something self destructive that it affects the whole community not just him.I know a man personally that has 11 children by 9 different women,what should be done about him?he actually thinks that he has done something big and brags about it.The bigger question is why are black men allowing themselves to be sperm donors to every race of women on the face of the earth.He will inpregnate black,white,asian.hispanic,it really does not matter to him,as long as she has a hole he will stick it.This is not about a game either it is about the very survival of the black community,if this does not stop here soon,there will not be a community left.the family structure has all but been destroyed because of this type of behavior,and the only ones that are dealing with it is black women,the man is suppose to be the head not the tail,the hunter,protector and provider.How many brothas do you actually see taking on this role instead of making up a bunch of excuses about why he can't do it?Any young woman today that will get with one of these brothas and just become another statistic does not make any sense to me at all.he's not going to man up,and he is not going to be a father to his children,so the best solution to the problem is to stop reproducing with american black men period,African men make good fahters and husbands,hell even hispanic men will make an effort to do right by his women and children,so these would be better choices for todays progressive black woman that want to be with a man that will stick by his family and pull with her to achieve something in life.Here is a video from a black preacher out of harlem that talks about the subject in more detail,enjoy. src=" http://www.youtube.com/v/J19zwKLdSs8&hl=e... ; type="application/x-shock wave-flash" allowfullscreen="true " width="425" height="344">< /embed></object>

“Positive people.”

Since: Jun 08

north little rock arkansas

#5 Jul 21, 2008
Just the fax please wrote:
What I don't get is how they have all these babies, lead the nation in HPV and HIV cases, and then call non-black women "easy".
white women lead in cases of mono,herpes and several other sexually transmitted diseases,And for the record it is BLACK MEN that say you are easy,they say you will do them,their friends and family members too.so go and ask them why THEY say you are a easy piece of ass okay.

“In the Space Love Demands”

Since: Oct 07

Black Love USA

#6 Jul 21, 2008
lawani2k wrote:
Black women are burden by statistics constantly and the thing about statistics is that its math is just like science or engineering it is what it is no variation. 70% of black women with children had them out of wedlock. What I want to know is I do have a good idea yet I want to get someone else perspective on this major issue. These black women that have had or are having now babies were not raped nor forced into this situation. So if it was at there will how are they allowing themselves to be sperm donor recipients? It was a time and you here old people saying this allot where you had to make and agreement and commitment before god that you wanted a women. Why have women allowed themselves to go for the oky doke? My great grandmother was married to my grandfather and she didn't give up her goodies without a title, and the same for my grandmother and of course my great grandmother is dead now but my grandmother is still married and got married twice because my grandfather died young. But anyway why have black women lost there game is it due to the lack of father role in the household hint? A man takes what he can get and does what he can, if you give most men anything they will take it whether you ask or they beg you for it. Allot of the black women that have babies out of wedlock they get jobs or get education and are successful and claim they are smart and successful and blame black men. Don't get me wrong these women didn't get pregnant by themselves it takes 2 to tango. But correct me if im wrong if a women is smart wouldn't she see a guy that is not and see thru him and see that maybe this guy is not going to be with her or is a loser. Does a smart person be around losers or let losers get with them? I asked a guy that was from Africa about this phenomenon and he told me that if the young women coming up to women hood or even if a grown women got pregnant without being married. There family would send them away and the men would not want them. So is it just a sign of the times or this really a perilous situation?
This is a highly complicated issue and not as black and white as you would like to make it out to be...

It has to do with respect, falling in love, birth control, commitment issues, timing/stages of the relationshipetc. on the side of both the man and woman.

If it is your intent to rant about the inferiority of Black women of today, then please feel free to find another thread, among loads, to do so.

If you intend to go out into the streets, teach relationship classes and attend them, help men and women communicate, and/or pass out birth control, then you have my support.
Tonto

South Africa

#7 Jul 21, 2008
Blacks are a pelvic orientated race,all they do is breed, eat, sleep and ask for handouts and kill resources.
They need to evolve, Damn, the monkeys are overtaking them.
WiseMan

Jamaica, NY

#8 Jul 21, 2008
a LARGE part of this problem is that whenever you hear it spoken about, all you hear is young black male this and young black male that. When in fact young black males are no more "sex crazed" than young white males.

if the problem is going to be solved then black women have to step up and acknowledge their flaws and be willing to get on the younger black women to change their attitudes instead of sending them the message that pregnancyu is something that males do TO them.

Their are TWO sides to this problem yet people are only compfortable adressing one.

“Positive people.”

Since: Jun 08

north little rock arkansas

#9 Jul 21, 2008
WiseMan wrote:
a LARGE part of this problem is that whenever you hear it spoken about, all you hear is young black male this and young black male that. When in fact young black males are no more "sex crazed" than young white males.
if the problem is going to be solved then black women have to step up and acknowledge their flaws and be willing to get on the younger black women to change their attitudes instead of sending them the message that pregnancyu is something that males do TO them.
Their are TWO sides to this problem yet people are only compfortable adressing one.
We are not talking about young white males,and why are you always comparing yourselves to them?the problem is that there is nothing AT ALL being said to young black males,because if it was,this would not have reached the magnitude that it has.black men are raised in homes where black women teach them that they don't have to be responsible for anyhting that his does.it's always somebody elses fault that he is,in prison,on drugs.killing one another for sport and will not man up to his responsibilitys.It is a very weak man that holds his woman at fault for his mistakes.

Since: Jul 08

Riverdale, IL

#10 Jul 21, 2008
Just the fax please wrote:
What I don't get is how they have all these babies, lead the nation in HPV and HIV cases, and then call non-black women "easy".
Interesting, yet I think they are just referring to white women’s easy going hippy style Mickey Mouse club attitude. Not there promiscuity

“Je ne sais quoi. ”

Level 1

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#11 Jul 21, 2008
Are you serious about statistics? You are dead wrong...statistics is a field of its own...it is not like engineering...there is variation. Hmmm...every heard of standard deviation, sample size, population, statistical significance...did you know that your sample size can affect the outcome of your statistics.

There are different types of statistical methods, and different methods can produce different methods. There are damn lies, lies, and statistics.
What you need to ask is: who did the study that came up with the statistics, what exactly are the statistics measuring, who was asked, how were they asked, and compared with what?

Damn, I know this and I only took Elementary statistics. I'm not even concerned about your argument...I'm just irked that you believe that statistics "is what it is." That's laughable.

“Je ne sais quoi. ”

Level 1

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#12 Jul 21, 2008
In regards to your argument, black people and society in general have gone amoral. We have moved away from God and have become more selfish, self-gratifying, and materalistic. With 68-70% of black babies being born out of wedlock...this is not suprising considering the fact that many women are comfortable with co-habitating with men and having men in and out the house. You are right, black men and women need to re-evaluate themselves and realize that we are more than just sexual objects to "other races," because that is all we are. We are laughed at...the black nuclear family has gone a wall. I don't know what the solution is but young men and women need to be taught they are worth more.

Since: Jul 08

Riverdale, IL

#13 Jul 21, 2008
Jackiemona wrote:
Are you serious about statistics? You are dead wrong...statistics is a field of its own...it is not like engineering...there is variation. Hmmm...every heard of standard deviation, sample size, population, statistical significance...did you know that your sample size can affect the outcome of your statistics.
There are different types of statistical methods, and different methods can produce different methods. There are damn lies, lies, and statistics.
What you need to ask is: who did the study that came up with the statistics, what exactly are the statistics measuring, who was asked, how were they asked, and compared with what?
Damn, I know this and I only took Elementary statistics. I'm not even concerned about your argument...I'm just irked that you believe that statistics "is what it is." That's laughable.
I see what you are saying yet percentages are percentages, not urked thats cool with you well statiscally the chances of you get robbed and beat and your money that you made from elementary statistics gets taking away is very high lol.. when you get old or in a nursing home or even now from theses babbies present past and future that have no fathers raising them and guiding them and girls that have no socail understanding of what is a real man how they are supposed to be treated and the cycle that is basically willy lych 2000 at its finest.
blemogirl

Columbus, MS

#14 Jul 22, 2008
well its simple not just black women
women of every race are have kids out of wetlock
they slipped up and their weren't wearing protection. or they were very carefull maybe the protection sliped off or broke

Oli

“Yep... so?!?”

Since: Jul 08

London Town

#15 Jul 22, 2008
Black women bashing..... very original(!)

Since: Apr 08

Hampton, VA

#16 Jul 22, 2008
Buckin_Ray-mxdchik wrote:
How come white girls get abortions left and right?
Yeah, you're being stupid and making horrible generalizations against a whole race!
You see my comment above, isn't it pretty ignorant to say that ALL white girls get abortions, even though, they lead in the amount of procedures done, but also plenty of other races get the same thing done too?
Yeah, stop being an @sshole!!!
Come on man stop the BS lies to make yourself feel better. That is a black woman's response every time someone asks this question. There is an issue and a problem and it has nothing to do with white woman. He did not attack an entire race, he said 70%. That might be a couple of percent to high but it is a fact. It is an issue facing black Americans, the decline of the family. Stop attacking white women because someone ID a problem. Focus on why and how to fix it.

Since: Apr 08

Hampton, VA

#17 Jul 22, 2008
Oli wrote:
Black women bashing..... very original(!)
I do not think he is black woman bashing, he stated a true fact and asked what you thought some of the reasons might be. I think he was opening a dialogue on a serious issue facing blacks people in America.

Since: Apr 08

Hampton, VA

#18 Jul 22, 2008
Oli wrote:
Black women bashing..... very original(!)
I did not read his entire post, yes he is laying blame solely at black womens feet. Yes sorry you are right he is bashing. The fault is not solely theirs because clearly there are men getting them preg. I apologize I did not see all that. I stand corrected, you are right

Since: Apr 08

Hampton, VA

#19 Jul 22, 2008
blemogirl wrote:
well its simple not just black women
women of every race are have kids out of wetlock
they slipped up and their weren't wearing protection. or they were very carefull maybe the protection sliped off or broke
Yes you are right, 19% for white women, 67% for black women. Both have doubled since the 70's but clearly an epidemic in the black community, the decline of the family is the biggest challenge

Oli

“Yep... so?!?”

Since: Jul 08

London Town

#20 Jul 22, 2008
Is it ONLY black women who have kids out of wedlock?
Do answer =)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,236,338
The White Man Is The Devil.........Really! 4 min Oh No You Di-nt 12
News Duke professor: Blacks riot because they're laz... 4 min Moorspeaks 231
All women prefer white men 6 min Janis 4,873
Sweden is the model country for whites 6 min Wadi Hacha 23
Why are BM so DESPERATE??? 9 min wwinFL 54
Major proof that white people are Satan 13 min Ingwe Temujin 37
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 19 min Ingwe Temujin 121,129
Wake up! "AFRICAN AMERICANS" are not AFRICAN. (Feb '11) 1 hr Mikemike 1,098
Why do good looking black women like white men ... (Sep '12) 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 7,146
White men are better lovers? 1 hr The Great Black B... 128
More from around the web