Italians are NOT White!!!!
Lucia

Torricella In Sabina, Italy

#5565 Mar 31, 2014
I'm an Italian girl and I live in Italy. Especially in the south we're brown, not white. We have African blood. In Italy we don't care about our being not white. Things change in other countries, where we try to mix in with the whites for obvious reasons (this happened in US immigration, etc.). I for myself have lived and studied in the US for 2 years and everyone said I was a dark latina. I was not readily accepted in white student circles. However, I soon realized that as a "non-white" I had less opportunities in jobs, straight sex (you know what I mean?) and white female friends. By the way, Italian Americans are waay whiter than me!
Notquite

Cleveland, OH

#5566 Mar 31, 2014
I just have to say that I love Italian food. Especially their breadsticks with that tabasco sauce and stuff. I also like pizza and spaghetti. But getting to the point of the matter. Italians are white they just have more black in them then a white does. This is why they appear to be darker and stuff. According to a study Italians are 9.2% sub Saharan african. While whites only 0.5,6,7,8 or something to 2% sub Saharan African. That black is some strong stuff.

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#5567 Mar 31, 2014
Lucia wrote:
I'm an Italian girl and I live in Italy. Especially in the south we're brown, not white. We have African blood. In Italy we don't care about our being not white. Things change in other countries, where we try to mix in with the whites for obvious reasons (this happened in US immigration, etc.). I for myself have lived and studied in the US for 2 years and everyone said I was a dark latina. I was not readily accepted in white student circles. However, I soon realized that as a "non-white" I had less opportunities in jobs, straight sex (you know what I mean?) and white female friends. By the way, Italian Americans are waay whiter than me!
Penso il mio pensiero sia abbastanza chiaro: gli italiani non sono un popolo omogeneo a livello di sottoetnia e la cosa รจ abbastanza chiara. penso che gli italiani siano per la maggior parte un popolo bianco di varie origini a seconda della famiglia e della provenienza geografica(origine greco-mediterranea, nordico-germanica, romano-etrusca) e, in parte minore, un popolo "meticciato con marocchini e similari",
whatever

Jamestown, NY

#5569 Apr 4, 2014
This is ridiculous! Of course we are white.
RobJ

Canada

#5570 Apr 4, 2014
whatever wrote:
This is ridiculous! Of course we are white.
I don't understand some people, They say things without even knowing what F..., they are talking about. I have travelled to Italy and the vast, vast majority of Otalian are white, some are blond with blue eyes, red hairs with green eyes, or black hair with brown eyes or green.
A very southern Italian minotity is of somewhat olive to brown skin, because of a Mores invasion of Spain, Grece, and Southern Italy about a thousand years ago. Many Italians are so white that if they stand in the sun for few minutes they burn. So, for the few Italians that say that they are brown, I believe you, you are because of your anchestry. But just because of some, no one can identify a nation as a whole, not to be white. All people are beautiful, no matter the color of their skin. But some of you like it or not, Italians are, of a very large predominance, White caucasians.
I know a lot of Arabs that are very white, so we should call them black or brown, just because they are Arabs? No, They are Caucasian arabs, from the Caucasus Mountains. Not because they are coming from the Caucasus platoes now, but from thousands of years ago. Like most of the Caucasian white Europeans. Don't look at some Italian in North America, that of 99.9% southern italian origins and of North African descent because of the Mores invasion, and believe that all Itailians are like that.
Travel a little, and see the world, and then open your mouth, because then maybe you know whay you are talking about.
FACT

Canada

#5571 Apr 5, 2014
Italians ARE WHITE Italy is in EUROPE!
FACT

Canada

#5572 Apr 5, 2014
spain ,Italy ,Greece all european countries
FACT

Canada

#5573 Apr 5, 2014
Italians are not brown I am brown I am indian
bismila

Reading, PA

#5577 Apr 5, 2014
The answer is that Italians are CAUCASIANS. Just like people from Spain are CAUCASIANS. Hell, even Arabs are considered to be Caucasians. Sigh..

Level 5

Since: Sep 12

Kinshasa, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

#5578 Apr 6, 2014
FACT

]Italians ARE WHITE Italy is in EUROPE!

The Whitness of Southern Europeans, the Spaniards, the Portuguese, the Sicilians in particular, has always been questioned because of their shared and well documented history and ancestry with Africans.

Guinea is a ethnic for Italians in the US and the Anglosphere.

White people like the Anglo-saxons created the ethnic slur for Italians

1) http://www.etymonline.com/index.php ...

Guinea "derogatory term for Italian" (1896) was originally Guinea Negro (1740s) and meant "black person, person of mixed ancestry."

It was applied to Italians c.1890 probably because of their dark complexions relative to northern Europeans, and after 1911 was occasionally applied to Hispanics and Pacific Islanders as well.

New Guinea was so named 1546 by Spanish explorer Inigo Ortiz de Retes in reference to the natives' dark skin and tightly curled hair.

2) http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl ...

The usual sense 'an Italian person or person of Italian descent' is first recorded in 1890 and appears to have been reasonably common thereafter.(It even appears in the well-known 1894 song "Sidewalks of New York," the one with the chorus "East side, West side, all around the town": "Boys and girls together, we would sing and waltz/While the Ginnie played the organ on the sidewalks of New York." This verse is often euphemized to "While Tony played the organ....")

This sense was probably inspired by guinea in the sense 'a black person' with reference to the relatively dark skin of southern Italians, who made up the majority of Italian immigrants at that time

3) http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/guinea

slang, derogatory (US) an Italian or a person of Italian descent

4) http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Others/Others ...

Pronounced "gi-nee." Came from "Guinea [email protected]" and originally referred to any Black or any person of mixed ancestry. This dates back to the 1740's.

By the 1890s it was being applied to Italians--almost certainly because they tend to have darker skin than Anglo-Saxons/Germans.

By 1911 the term began being applied to Hispanics, although the reference to Italians is the most common.

The Whiteness of Italians has been questioned FIRST by their fellow Whites because of the following facts:

1) Italy is not that far from Africa aka the Dark Continent;

2) The Holy Roman Empire was a vast melting pot. Countless of North-East and Saharan Africans became Roman citizens and lived in Rome;

3) Countless of Italians look no different thant light skinned mulattoes, quadroons, octoroons or quintrooons, particulary in Southern Italy;

4) Dark skinned Moors conquered regions of Italy, Sicily particularly. They left their genetic footprints in Sicily.

5) Venitians artists are reknown for their Blackamoors. They represented Black africans living in Venice in many capacities, servants, mercenaries.

6) Africa begins in Rome and other old sayings about Italians and their historical and genetic connections with Africa.

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#5580 Apr 12, 2014
bismila wrote:
The answer is that Italians are CAUCASIANS. Just like people from Spain are CAUCASIANS. Hell, even Arabs are considered to be Caucasians. Sigh..
Lol Arabs aren't Caucasian, they just want to be.

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#5581 Apr 12, 2014
RobJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand some people, They say things without even knowing what F..., they are talking about. I have travelled to Italy and the vast, vast majority of Otalian are white, some are blond with blue eyes, red hairs with green eyes, or black hair with brown eyes or green.
A very southern Italian minotity is of somewhat olive to brown skin, because of a Mores invasion of Spain, Grece, and Southern Italy about a thousand years ago. Many Italians are so white that if they stand in the sun for few minutes they burn. So, for the few Italians that say that they are brown, I believe you, you are because of your anchestry. But just because of some, no one can identify a nation as a whole, not to be white. All people are beautiful, no matter the color of their skin. But some of you like it or not, Italians are, of a very large predominance, White caucasians.
I know a lot of Arabs that are very white, so we should call them black or brown, just because they are Arabs? No, They are Caucasian arabs, from the Caucasus Mountains. Not because they are coming from the Caucasus platoes now, but from thousands of years ago. Like most of the Caucasian white Europeans. Don't look at some Italian in North America, that of 99.9% southern italian origins and of North African descent because of the Mores invasion, and believe that all Itailians are like that.
Travel a little, and see the world, and then open your mouth, because then maybe you know whay you are talking about.
Agree with everything you said, except about Arabs. They aren't from the Caucus mountains and have nothing to do with us whites. Don't believe the lies.
Rob J

Salmon Arm, Canada

#5582 Apr 12, 2014
BlackWomenFTW wrote:
<quoted text> Agree with everything you said, except about Arabs. They aren't from the Caucus mountains and have nothing to do with us whites. Don't believe the lies.
I know what you are saying.
But just remember that I was not talking about all the Arabs, only the white ones.
Caucasians, moved around and went north, south, east and west. And that is why some Arabs also are of white skin.
Is not to believe others, but the studies of human Anthropology!
Cheers
College chic

Atlanta, GA

#5584 Apr 15, 2014
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ehm "Africa begins at Rome," wasn't a term to racially identify Southern Italians as Africans or mixed with Africans but more by northern Italians racialized the South as a land of lazy, violent, criminal inferior people...in other words they associated such negative things with Africa hence why they applied it toward the South, more as insult then that they actually believed Southern Italians to be not white. Also Southern Italians racial make up is similar to all other Europeans with African admixture as low as that found in all other regions of Europe.
Scozzari et al.(2001) identify a Y-chromosome mutation that "diverged from the ancestor HG25.1 somewhere in North Africa a few thousand years ago", and is thus indicative of recent gene flow from North African males. The authors report that the marker "HG25.2 was seen at generally low frequencies in Spain, France, and Italy" (0.8% in Sicilians).[13]
Cruciani et al.(2004) confirm the above, using the frequencies of 'Berber' mutations (now labeled E-M81 and E-M78&#946;) in large sample populations to estimate that North African paternal admixture within the past 5000 years amounts to 1.5% in Northern Italians, 2.2% in Central Italians, 0% in Southern Italians, 1.4% in Sardinians and 1.4% in Sicilians.[14]
Capelli et al.(2005) identify the Y-chromosome marker J*(xJ2)(or J-M267) as possible evidence of modern Arab/Semitic, rather than prehistoric Neolithic, gene flow from the Near East. This lineage exists at the low frequency of 5.2% in Sicilians, with no significant difference between the eastern and western halves of the island.[15]
Romano et al.(2003) detect sub-Saharan mtDNA sequences at a rate of 0.65% in a Sicilian sample of 465, which is comparable to admixture levels for Western and Northern Europe. Asian mtDNA is observed at a frequency of 2.2%, again consistent with Northern and Eastern European admixture levels.[16] Note that neither Scozzari, Cruciani nor Capelli (above) detect any black African or Asian Y-chromosomes in a combined sample of 479 Sicilians.
And Italians only faced discrimination in the Americas because they were not WASPs. Anyone who wasn't a WASP back then, this included Irish, Scotts, French, Duch, Germans, Finns, Slavs, Spaniards, Italians, etc. faced such discrimination from Americans of Anglo Saxon English ancestry. It had nothing to do with Italians not being white and everything to do with religious discrimination against Catholics and other None WASPs Europeans by Ango Saxon Americans.
Who freaking cares !!!! "White people" are always so pressed to talk about race. Race is socially constructed it doesn't exist.
trollslayer

Munster, IN

#5585 Apr 15, 2014
KiloEcho wrote:
FACT
]Italians ARE WHITE Italy is in EUROPE!
The Whitness of Southern Europeans, the Spaniards, the Portuguese, the Sicilians in particular, has always been questioned because of their shared and well documented history and ancestry with Africans.
Guinea is a ethnic for Italians in the US and the Anglosphere.
White people like the Anglo-saxons created the ethnic slur for Italians
1) http://www.etymonline.com/index.php ...
Guinea "derogatory term for Italian" (1896) was originally Guinea Negro (1740s) and meant "black person, person of mixed ancestry."
It was applied to Italians c.1890 probably because of their dark complexions relative to northern Europeans, and after 1911 was occasionally applied to Hispanics and Pacific Islanders as well.
New Guinea was so named 1546 by Spanish explorer Inigo Ortiz de Retes in reference to the natives' dark skin and tightly curled hair.
2) http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl ...
The usual sense 'an Italian person or person of Italian descent' is first recorded in 1890 and appears to have been reasonably common thereafter.(It even appears in the well-known 1894 song "Sidewalks of New York," the one with the chorus "East side, West side, all around the town": "Boys and girls together, we would sing and waltz/While the Ginnie played the organ on the sidewalks of New York." This verse is often euphemized to "While Tony played the organ....")
This sense was probably inspired by guinea in the sense 'a black person' with reference to the relatively dark skin of southern Italians, who made up the majority of Italian immigrants at that time
3) http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/guinea
slang, derogatory (US) an Italian or a person of Italian descent
4) http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Others/Others ...
Pronounced "gi-nee." Came from "Guinea [email protected]" and originally referred to any Black or any person of mixed ancestry. This dates back to the 1740's.
By the 1890s it was being applied to Italians--almost certainly because they tend to have darker skin than Anglo-Saxons/Germans.
By 1911 the term began being applied to Hispanics, although the reference to Italians is the most common.
The Whiteness of Italians has been questioned FIRST by their fellow Whites because of the following facts:
1) Italy is not that far from Africa aka the Dark Continent;
2) The Holy Roman Empire was a vast melting pot. Countless of North-East and Saharan Africans became Roman citizens and lived in Rome;
3) Countless of Italians look no different thant light skinned mulattoes, quadroons, octoroons or quintrooons, particulary in Southern Italy;
4) Dark skinned Moors conquered regions of Italy, Sicily particularly. They left their genetic footprints in Sicily.
5) Venitians artists are reknown for their Blackamoors. They represented Black africans living in Venice in many capacities, servants, mercenaries.
6) Africa begins in Rome and other old sayings about Italians and their historical and genetic connections with Africa.
great break down of the facts as usual
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#5586 Apr 16, 2014
KiloEcho wrote:
FACT
]Italians ARE WHITE Italy is in EUROPE!
The Whitness of Southern Europeans, the Spaniards, the Portuguese, the Sicilians in particular, has always been questioned because of their shared and well documented history and ancestry with Africans.
Guinea is a ethnic ./wotd/index.pperl...
The usual 1) Italy is not that far from Africa aka the Dark Continent;
2) The Holy Roman Empire was a vast melting pot. Countless of North-East and Saharan Africans became Roman citizens and lived in Rome;
3) Countless of Italians look no different thant light skinned mulattoes, quadroons, octoroons or quintrooons, particulary in Southern Italy;
4) Dark skinned Moors conquered regions of Italy, Sicily particularly. They left their genetic footprints in Sicily.
5) Venitians artists are reknown for their Blackamoors. They represented Black africans living in Venice in many capacities, servants, mercenaries.
6) Africa begins in Rome and other old sayings about Italians and their historical and genetic connections with Africa.
Ehm "Africa begins at Rome," wasn't a term to racially identify Southern Italians as Africans or mixed with Africans but more by northern Italians racialized the South as a land of lazy, violent, criminal inferior people...in other words they associated such negative things with Africa hence why they applied it towards the South, more as insult then that they actually believed Southern Italians to be not white OR part of Africa, you geographically challenged ignoranus. Also Italians racial make up is similar to all other Europeans with African admixture as low as that found in all other regions of Europe. The Whitness of Southern Europeans, the Spaniards, the Portuguese, the Sicilians in particular, has not been questioned by educated people but by racist buffoons who view blacks as inferiors, and we sure as heck know it was not questioned because of any suppose "shared and well documented history and ancestry" with Sub Saharan Africans because Southern Europeans have as little to NO shared or any documented history and ancestry black Africans.
Romano et al.(2003) detect sub-Saharan mtDNA sequences at a rate of 0.65% in a Sicilian sample of 465, which is comparable to admixture levels for Western and Northern Europe. Asian mtDNA is observed at a frequency of 2.2%, again consistent with Northern and Eastern European admixture levels.[16] Note that neither Scozzari, Cruciani nor Capelli (above) detect any black African or Asian Y-chromosomes in a combined sample of 479 Sicilians.
And Italians only faced discrimination in the Americas because they were not WASPs. Anyone who wasn't a WASP back then, this included Irish, Scotts, French, Duch, Germans, Finns, Slavs, Spaniards, etc. faced such discrimination from Americans of Anglo Saxon English ancestry, NOT because they were not viewed as white, idiot, but because they were NOT WASP. It had nothing to do with Italians not being white and everything to do with religious discrimination against Catholics and other None WASPs Europeans by Ango Saxon Americans.
This real fact ppl

Bayville, NJ

#5588 Apr 16, 2014
Italians aren't white there own. We don't belong in the white race or the black race find that shit hard 2 believe if the Hispanics can have there own ethnicity then we should have our own 2.
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#5590 Apr 18, 2014
BLUE-EYED VIKING POWER wrote:
<quoted text>
ITALIANS ARE NOT WHITE!!!!! You racially ashamed pathetic little BUMBLEBEE....SOME Italians are Caucasian but then again so is a Black-Skinned Hindu. So is an Arab, and so is a Saphardic Jew..........but it DOES NOT MAKE THEM WHITE!!!!!!You pathetically uneducated little jackass..........DAGOS ARE NOT WHITE!!!!!!!!!!PERIOD!!!!!!
P.S. Do you still hate you Negro daddy?????????
Go jump in a lake, you idiotic socketpuppet. Italians are white and you are a mental reject.
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#5595 Apr 18, 2014
BLUEEYED VIKING POWER wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Italians are white alright..........that's why there's a book on Amazon.com called
ARE ITALIANS WHITE??
Look it up for yourself..........you half Negro loser. Is there a book out there called ARE NORWEGIANS WHITE???
NO..........THERE ISN'T!!!!!!!!!!YOU STUPID JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!
BLUEEYED VIKING POWER wrote:
<quoted text>
It is YOU who is the socketpuppet, you racially ashamed half-yellow, half-black retarded little dick. If Italians are white then why do so many Italian actors PLAY EXTREMELY ETHNIC ROLES..........I don't see Nick Nolte or Robert Redford playing Tony Montana...do you???
YOU COLOSSAL IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!
Whatever "Arsom" aka "Black Comedian" aka "snuffalupagus" aka "This real fact ppl" or whatever other fake socketpuppet you use next. You better watch out with your racist comments cause Topix will ban you yet again like they did to your pseudo "Beer Belly Bobs", retard. You are neither blueyed nor a Viking,...and stop pretending that you are white, everyone knows you are a black American, ignoramus. Italians are white, and you are a mental reject. Go take your Ritalin, psycho degenerate midget.
Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#5596 Apr 18, 2014
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Whatever "Arsom" aka "Black Comedian" aka "snuffalupagus" aka "This real fact ppl" or whatever other fake socketpuppet you use next. You better watch out with your racist comments cause Topix will ban you yet again like they did to your pseudo "Beer Belly Bobs", retard. You are neither blueyed nor a Viking,...and stop pretending that you are white, everyone knows you are a black American, ignoramus. Italians are white, and you are a mental reject. Go take your Ritalin, psycho degenerate midget.
Ah, Jeff the autistic Masshole :) I knew we'd see you again soon. Don't ever leave us, buddy. You're the official jester of this court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,498,708
Jesus had the skin of Burnt Brass (Mar '11) 4 min Sammy 1,506
White people seem to love their dogs more than ... 6 min SlayWithTheTruth 18
News Being conservative is not being racist 10 min southern at heart 488
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 10 min Sammy 136,943
Dropped Threads 14 min 2 Dogs 9
Poll Which Race of Men treats women the best (Jun '13) 23 min Knoxxie 7
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 30 min Ben 1,348
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 10 hr Burt 633
There Are Not Even 1 Billion Whites On Earth 16 hr Knoxxie 46
More from around the web