Italians are NOT White!!!!

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2790 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>But strictly speaking,Southern Italians are not a white phenotype.
Stop being stupid. What is a 'white' phenotype? Southern Italians have just as white phenotypes as all other Europeans. In fact the phenotypes found in Southern Italians are also found in Northern and Eastern Europeans. Southern Italians are white. Deal with it and stop obsession over them, they have nothing in common with you.

Level 2

Location hidden

#2791 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>The difference between the Northern Europeans who were at first not considered white and the Italians is religion only. They were Catholics coming to a protestant country so were different for that reason. Italians were different for more than just that. They were different from mere sight. Which is why all other groups (mentioned here)assimilated before the Italian.
Bull. There was no 'difference', stop making things up just because the source you provided doesn't support your lies. The same reasons that Germans, Finnish, Irish (who have brunette phenotypes like most Italians do by the way) as well as Welsh and Slavs who again have brunette phenotypes like most Italians do was mostly religion, ethnic etc, racially Italians were similar to other Europeans and you trying to say other wise only exposes your propagandistic outdated beliefs.

"Most ethnic groups native to Europe might not have been considered White at some point in U.S. history. Among those not considered white were the Catholics and Orthodox, as well as those who did not whom did not fall under the White Anglo-Saxon Protestant (WASP) criteria such as Italians, Irish, Portuguese, Germans, Slavs, Greeks, Welsh, Finnish, etc. However, legally all these groups were Caucasian.[10]"

Level 2

Location hidden

#2792 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>? Is that meant to say BS?
It should given the BS you've been posting but no it meant to say 'Black American'., like the rest of your kind starting over obsession about Europeans.

Level 2

Location hidden

#2793 Feb 13, 2013
Walter Henrickson wrote:
Yes Italians are white. This notion that they and the Irish weren't considered white in the U.S. comes from so-called "whiteness historians." It's a field that has come up recently out of radical Marxism. Read up about the "whiteness historians" and you'll realize where all this nonsense is coming from and why they are doing it.
Here is a three part article:
http://tinyurl.com/byt2hvx
http://tinyurl.com/aj852kr
http://tinyurl.com/ce2y7rs
Exactly these black Americans obsess about white people all the time. All they do is start threads about Europeans 24/7.

Level 2

Location hidden

#2795 Feb 13, 2013
Truthism wrote:
<quoted text>
He said Italians are "just as white as nordics;" then he went onto say that their skin color being as "white" as paper. Go read his post again.
Thus my response still holds...
I didn't say that he said all Europeans have blonde hair and blue eyes. I said that him saying Italians have the same color/tone of skin as Nordics (very light / pale) is as INCORRECT as one saying 'all Europeans have blonde hair and blue eyes'.
Go read my post thoroughly this time. ;)
I agree with this 100%. Europeans don't just have one phenotypes, they have just as diverse phenotypes as any other racial group but they still view themselves as white. No one runs around and says a light skinned black isn't really black cause they aren't dark enough. Ridicoulse.
Truthism

United States

#2797 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>But strictly speaking,Southern Italians are not a white phenotype.
Southern Italians are a "European" phenotype. Whether one calls it "white" or whatever, they are still genetically grouped closer to other Europeans than to West Africans, East Asians, Indians, Native Americans, or anyone else on Earth, so...

All European groups are not genetically mixed the same, either. I know this. They're not the same exact... as if any other major group on Earth today is?

So yes, there are differences, I agree. One group is a genetic bridge to the next; that group bridges to another, and that one bridges to the next one... all until it leads to West Africans, East Asians, etc.

We're all a big family when it all comes down to it, some closer related than others.

We've all changed in appearance thanks to the environment in which our genetic groups' ancestors have adapted to over thousands of years; whether due to diet, stronger sun UV rays (or a lack thereof), extreme cold temperatures, extreme hot temperatures; high altitudes, low altitudes, etc.
Chris

Springfield, NJ

#2802 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>If thats the case,why can we all tell the difference in most cases upon sight? Now if you were to say Eastern Europeans are no different to Nordics that would be more believable even though they are of Slavic origin they can still be considered a white people. Italians (Southern) are not. Not only is the eye/hair color and skin tone different but so is the body structure. Southern Italians are shorter and broader in most cases,not unlike Greeks and Turks.
If I posted pictures of Southern Italians among other European groups you wouldn't be able to tell them apart. They are as white as all other Europeans. You are just obsessed with us whites that is why you keep trying to make Europeans among us as "not white". Give it a rest and go self identify your own kind. We are not part or your race, your black American we self identify as white, if you don't like it tough shit for you. And stop starting threads about us in your black forum. You people keep claiming on how you "hate" us but you can't stop talking about us 24/7.

Level 2

Location hidden

#2805 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>I'm backing my statements up with links which is more than anyone else is. If making me into a Black American helps you denounce what I have to say then thats more of a depiction of you as a person than me as a race.
You've posted a link that showed WASPs viewed anyone who wasn't a WASP as 'not white' back then including Germans and Fins where you then turned around tried to claim it was "different" for the Italians when it clearly as not. You are a black American only you guys are obssed with making Italians into "not white" and its black Americans who mostly believe the Moors were black.

Level 2

Location hidden

#2806 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>And yet here you are on the AAF.
In a thread about Europeans in your African American Forum, yup you guys continue to be obsessed about Euros. Yeah try another one pretending you aren't black. lol

Level 2

Location hidden

#2807 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>But I already said,it's not just about the coloring. The whole body type is different. As is the shape of the eyes.
http://static.squarespace.com/static/50d5dfc9...
Those are white people, you idiot. Their phenotypes aren't different from any other European, and no their coloring, body type nor eye shape isn't any different from other Euros.
Truthism

United States

#2810 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>I'd bet that Southern Italians are more closely linked genetically or as a phenotype with Arabs than with Nordics.
That all depends. There are overlaps with certain Southern European phenotypes and those with the "Middle East" because Europeans originally came from the "Middle East" anyway - of course they show similarities with certain groups there. Just like you'll see overlaps between certain southern Europeans and central Europeans, then those central Europeans to northern Europeans, it'll obviously work the same way when heading East toward the "Middle East".

Who is trying to deny that certain Middle Eastern groups of people are not closely related to certain European groups?

Iranians, as I brought up before in another post, are pretty closely related to Europeans, as well, as one example.

Europe, therefore, is just a cultural, biased name or label given to split themselves up from others in the Middle East. It's not entirely scientific. We leave the DNA testings to tell us the truth concerning who's related to whom. Even Indians are closer related to Europeans than to Sub Sahara Africans.

One genetic 'bridge' leads to the next, until we've come full circle over again. We're all one huge family, really... if people drop their racist biases and prejudices, they'd realize and openly admit it, not fight it. ;)
Truthism

United States

#2811 Feb 13, 2013
Edit: "Who is trying to deny that certain Middle Eastern groups of people are closely related to certain European groups?"

Level 2

Location hidden

#2813 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Does this look white to you? Cos it certainly doesnt to me.
Yes they are white, they could easily pass for Northern and Eastern Europeans.
http://diary.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54fce1e91883...
Chris

Springfield, NJ

#2815 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Actually,I'm a white nationalist which is why I make these claims. They are NOT a part of my racial family and we DO NOT accept them.
Bullshit, you are black. Only black Americans believe Italians aren't white. Even white nationalists believe Italians are white. Stormfront even has an Italian version forum.

Level 2

Location hidden

#2816 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Well if Italians are "white" it's only because of early 20th century legislature and not because they look it. If you cant tell the difference by looking at them thats your bad eyesight. As for me,I can see it quite clearly.
Italians are white because that is what they have always been. They are Europeans therefore they are white. They've always self identified as such. You are obviously blind and have no clue what Europeans look like. Italians phenotypes aren't different from other Europeans. Stop with your bs.

Level 2

Location hidden

#2817 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry,they dont look white to me plain and simple. If that offends you oh well. I call it the way I see it.
Then go get our eyes checked because they are white. You aren't calling anything you are just trolling right now. Sorry but what a troll says doesn't offend me, makes laugh at how clownish you are though.

Level 2

Location hidden

#2818 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>And you continue to try to make labelling ME the object instead of sticking to the topic. Typical racist. Focus on the envelope and not the letter within.
You got offended when I said black Americans talk about Europeans 24/7
You said Moors were black
You said Italians aren't white.
You keep obsession about what European groups self identify as

All that proves proves you are black American. You are the racist talking about a group that has nothing to do with you. Italians are European, that makes them white.

Level 2

Location hidden

#2819 Feb 13, 2013
Truthism wrote:
<quoted text>
That all depends. There are overlaps with certain Southern European phenotypes and those with the "Middle East" because Europeans originally came from the "Middle East" anyway - of course they show similarities with certain groups there. Just like you'll see overlaps between certain southern Europeans and central Europeans, then those central Europeans to northern Europeans, it'll obviously work the same way when heading East toward the "Middle East".
Who is trying to deny that certain Middle Eastern groups of people are not closely related to certain European groups?
Iranians, as I brought up before in another post, are pretty closely related to Europeans, as well, as one example.
Europe, therefore, is just a cultural, biased name or label given to split themselves up from others in the Middle East. It's not entirely scientific. We leave the DNA testings to tell us the truth concerning who's related to whom. Even Indians are closer related to Europeans than to Sub Sahara Africans.
One genetic 'bridge' leads to the next, until we've come full circle over again. We're all one huge family, really... if people drop their racist biases and prejudices, they'd realize and openly admit it, not fight it. ;)
Europe was colonized from the Middle East so of course all Europeans would be close to Middle Eastern groups and in fact they are. I won't tell why some Northern Europeans and Eastern Europeans weren't viewed as white by WASPs back in the day, is the same reason why those same WASPs didn't view Italians as 'white', in the end it had nothing to do with what he wrongly believes. Italians are white. Period.
Truthism

United States

#2821 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Does this look white to you? Cos it certainly doesnt to me.
This might interest you: http://www.humanphenotypes.com/DinaroMed.html

Read the information at the left, see the yellow-shaded color on the map below the two pictures, then look at the bottom-left of the page to see other European phenotypes typically (exceptions aside) found in specific areas of "Europe".

Who knows, "Europe", in 1000 years, might accept many other Middle Eastern countries in, depending on if their cultures (religions, mainly) change. That's really what's holding them from getting together, imo.

I'm sure if Greece, Italy and/or Spain had been willingly dominated by Islam for the last 700+ years and still today, "Europe" would not include them in being "European." ;)
Chris

Springfield, NJ

#2825 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>So wikipedia is a black site? All I ever claimed was that at the turn of the last century when immigrants from Italy came to the US en mass they were not considered white. Was the US a black country back then? This is a fact. Look at the issue that this topic is about and not the percieved race of the people commenting on that. Perhaps if you did you'd be taken more seriously by those that have differing opinions to your own. But it's not my opinion,its a simple fact. Italians were deemed white by legislature in the US.
Italians were always white, they didnt need US legislature to deem them anything. Yes what you post are your opinions. Wikipedia doesn't say Italians aren't white, only idiot blacks like you believe such crap. That site you posted already explained that was due to Wasp beliefs who viewed anyone not a Wasp the same way. It didn't mean these Europeans were not white.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barros can beat up Boris ANY TIME 3 min Barros 22
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min obama muslim 1,708,507
Smartest posters on Topix afam 5 min Barros 142
Why are Negroes here in North America? 10 min black hitler 10
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 14 min Barros 51,956
Troops, WE Can Save Commiefornia. 14 min BillyDbigballer 12
"Black History Month" 2018 a fart in the wind! 21 min Micah 4
More from around the web