Italians are NOT White!!!!

AussiPino
Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2759 Feb 13, 2013
Cody wrote:
Your stupid. ENGLISH is derived from Latin. Tht does not make us Latin. Nor does it make Italians Latin
That's incorrect. English is derived from the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages, closely related to Dutch, Frisian, German and the Scandinavian langauges. English has absorbed many Latin and Greek words over the centuries, but its common core is Germanic.
yop

France

#2760 Feb 13, 2013
Italian are white morons.and those who claim the opposite are frustrated self-haters ashamed of being whites and trying to identify with colored skin people.you are not like that and you will never be.stop dreaming and face the truth.
yop

France

#2762 Feb 13, 2013
I just said italians are as white as nordics.i know that fact because my family's origins are italians and we are all as white as a paper.so those who claim that italians are not white are frustrated whites.
mattia

Turin, Italy

#2763 Feb 13, 2013
I forgot China and Middle East and i'm sorry.Italian are european for me.But
also Africa is a important place because is the mother of all men.All men came to Africa,so be black man it's not a shame.I respect and love very much Black Continent and I hope to visit it as soon as is possible.
Don't be Nazi,there is one race,human race which have very intelligent and very stupid people.

AussiPino
Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2764 Feb 13, 2013
In Australia, Italians are not considered "White"......yet. Most of them have only been here for 3 generations, so it will take another couple more before they are classified as White.

In regards to Italy, the northern Italians are typically White, with more Celtic and Germanic influences. The Southern Italians are more olived-skinned with more intermixing of indigenous Sicilians with Arabs and Berbers.
Truthism

United States

#2765 Feb 13, 2013
yop wrote:
I just said italians are as white as nordics.i know that fact because my family's origins are italians and we are all as white as a paper.so those who claim that italians are not white are frustrated whites.
That's incorrect. It's as incorrect as saying "Europeans have blond hair and blue eyes! My European family all have blonde hair and blue eyes!"

It's only partially true and you can only speak for yourself and your family, not all Italians.

If you went to some anthropology forums, you'd see they even have charts on skin pigmentation throughout Europe. The further south one went, the darker their natural pigmentation was, in general (exceptions aside)... without tanning.

It's no different than the world as a whole: indigenous people, the closer to the equator they live, the darker they get. The skin reacts to UV rays and thus starts creating melanin (which is copper-based, thus brown) in order for the body to be protected from excess UV rays.

I've seen and have known many southern Europeans (Greeks, Italians, Spaniards) with natural light olive skin tone, not pale; they didn't sit in the sun to get that tone, either. Not all Italians have the same look. This is mainly because of how many people have migrated to the country and mixed over many years.
Truthism

United States

#2766 Feb 13, 2013
AussiPino wrote:
In Australia, Italians are not considered "White"......yet. Most of them have only been here for 3 generations, so it will take another couple more before they are classified as White.
In regards to Italy, the northern Italians are typically White, with more Celtic and Germanic influences. The Southern Italians are more olived-skinned with more intermixing of indigenous Sicilians with Arabs and Berbers.
Southern Italians had major interaction with Greeks.
Chris

Springfield, NJ

#2767 Feb 13, 2013
Truthism wrote:
<quoted text>
That's incorrect. It's as incorrect as saying "Europeans have blond hair and blue eyes! My European family all have blonde hair and blue eyes!"
It's only partially true and you can only speak for yourself and your family, not all Italians.
If you went to some anthropology forums, you'd see they even have charts on skin pigmentation throughout Europe. The further south one went, the darker their natural pigmentation was, in general (exceptions aside)... without tanning.
It's no different than the world as a whole: indigenous people, the closer to
the equator they live, the darker they get. The skin reacts to UV rays and thus starts creating melanin (which is copper-based, thus brown) in order for the body to be protected from excess UV rays.
I've seen and have known many southern Europeans (Greeks, Italians,
Spaniards) with natural light olive skin tone, not pale; they didn't sit in the sun to get that tone, either. Not all Italians have the same look. This is mainly because of how many people have migrated to the country and
mixed over many years.
That is not what he said, he did not say "all Europeans have blond hair and blues eyes" but that Italians and all other Southern Europeans are just as white as Nordics and he is correct.
We already know Europeans have different phenotypes that doesn't make one group less white over another other group. Southern Euros aren't any more mixed then any other Euros and they are just as white as all the rest.
Truthism

United States

#2768 Feb 13, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what he said, he did not say "all Europeans have blond hair and blues eyes" but that Italians and all other Southern Europeans are just as white as Nordics and he is correct.
We already know Europeans have different phenotypes that doesn't make one group less white over another other group. Southern Euros aren't any more mixed then any other Euros and they are just as white as all the rest.
He said Italians are "just as white as nordics;" then he went onto say that their skin color being as "white" as paper. Go read his post again.

Thus my response still holds...

I didn't say that he said all Europeans have blonde hair and blue eyes. I said that him saying Italians have the same color/tone of skin as Nordics (very light / pale) is as INCORRECT as one saying 'all Europeans have blonde hair and blue eyes'.

Go read my post thoroughly this time. ;)
Chris

Springfield, NJ

#2770 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
Italians werent always considered white. This classification began during the mass influx of Italian migrants to the US during the early part of the 20th century. At first they lived in slums and werent allowed to assimilate. But so many started coming over that the status quo began to worry that they would find common ground with blacks so they were given white status and allowed more of the piece of the pie. It's called divide and conquer.
Northern Italians on the other hand are white. This is due to their location

up near the Austrian and French borders. When they also started coming into the US in large numbers it helped "whiten" up the group for everybody. Even to this day,Northern Italians look down on Southern Italians/Sicilians and consider them Moors.
BS. Italians were always viewed as white, and they viewed themselves as white too.. if they weren't then they wouldn't have had the same rights that all other Euros had like voting buying land etc etc. And no Northern Italian considers Southern Italians as Moors. What a load of crock, black Americans and your obsession with the "Moors". Southern Italians are just
as white as all other Europeans..
Truthism

United States

#2773 Feb 13, 2013
Moors were not even "black" (like West Africans) anyway. North Africa has been dominated by Eurasians for thousands of years. The evidence backs it up. That video is so dumb it's unbelievable how clueless these racist numbskulls are. lol! He actually thinks (well, whoever told him to say that) Sicilians all had blond hair and blue eyes before the Moors came?

How *so freaking clueless* can one get? Wow!

In fact, there were what seemed to've been way more Europeans with black curly hair back in ancient times (B.C.) than there are today! Look at all the ancient Greek frescoes and vase art! Look at most of the Etruscans in their own art!

Only ignoramus racists wouldn't know the truth because racism blinds them from looking for it to begin with. Racists are insecure, and only live with partial-truth propanda in their mind to make themselves feel better - whether silly Afrocentrics wishfully thinking all or even most Moors looked like West Africans, or silly Nordicist Nazis wishfully thinking they (blond hair, blue eyed peoples) built the original Rome, or original ancient Greece, or ancient Egypt, or Persia, etc.

All pathetic and only embarrass themselves when it comes down to it. They don't even know it but they truly set themselves up to fall when they let their emotions get in the way of the truth (in their deluded minds).

Their loss. ;-)
Truthism

United States

#2774 Feb 13, 2013
propaganda*
Chris

Springfield, NJ

#2776 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you know anything about history...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_svnsF5OLbIXX
I know real history and not the trash dished out by the Hollyweirdos.
Chris

Springfield, NJ

#2777 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>We can play this game all night. All you have are claims,I come with back up. IT IS A FACT. That Italians WERE NOT considered white when they first came to America and Northern Italians distanced themselves from them because they were not considered WHITE.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_w...
"Mass immigration to the United States from Italy occurred during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Italians often fell victim to stereotypes of criminal involvement, anti-Catholicism, ethnic and cultural prejudices, and violence. Anti-Italian violence caused lynching in Tampa;[15] and eleven Italian immigrants in New Orleans, one of the largest mass lynchings i United States history. The Immigration Act of 1924 reduced the entry of Italians into the United States. Southern Italians, were classified as a
different nationality primarily at the request of their Northern Italian counterparts who were considered Alpine more akin to French and Germans"
Wanna keep playing?
Numnut read what you posted, that was mostly based upon on anti-Catholicism, ethnic and cultural prejudices, and violence, NOT that they were viewed as white. I suggest you stop over obsessed about white people like the Italians who have nothing to do with you black Americans to begin with, and focus on your own racial black kind, not on how Europeans identify themselves as. Everyone knows Italians both North and South were never any different from other Europeans and identified as well as viewed as white.
Truthism

United States

#2778 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>We can play this game all night. All you have are claims,I come with back up. IT IS A FACT. That Italians WERE NOT considered white when they first came to America and Northern Italians distanced themselves from them because they were not considered WHITE.
"Mass immigration to the United States from Italy occurred during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Italians often fell victim to stereotypes of criminal involvement, anti-Catholicism, ethnic and cultural prejudices, and violence. Anti-Italian violence caused lynching in Tampa;[15] and eleven Italian immigrants in New Orleans, one of the largest mass lynchings in United States history. The Immigration Act of 1924 reduced the entry of Italians into the United States. Southern Italians, were classified as a different nationality primarily at the request of their Northern Italian counterparts who were considered Alpine more akin to French and Germans"
Wanna keep playing?
Did I ever say I disagreed with what you said? No.

I already know full-well that certain [darker pigmented] Italians were discriminated against, so much the U.S. government purposely limited their migration to the U.S. by law at one time. I know this. I don't even agree with the silly label of "white" because it changes so often, it's better to be more specific than just "white".

Even today many Americans (usually of Germanic background) will mistakenly call [darker pigmented] Italians, Spaniards or Greeks "Latino" (codeword for non-"white") just by the way they appear to them. I've seen Italians (and other Europeans) complain about it on forums from time to time.

What I'm countering is the notion of Italians getting their darker pigment (in hair, eyes or skin) supposedly from "Moors". It's 100% incorrect. Southern Europeans mainly always had darker pigment in their hair, eyes and skin when compared to northern Europeans. Even the ancient Romans said this (before Germanics invaded and then mixed).

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2779 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
"Mass immigration to the United States from Italy occurred during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Italians often fell victim to stereotypes of criminal involvement, anti-Catholicism, ethnic and cultural prejudices, and violence. Anti-Italian violence caused lynching in Tampa;[15] and eleven Italian immigrants in New Orleans, one of the largest mass lynchings in United States history. The Immigration Act of 1924 reduced the entry of Italians into the United States. Southern Italians, were classified as a different nationality primarily at the request of their Northern Italian counterparts who were considered Alpine more akin to French and Germans"
Wanna keep playing?
You are foolish. That same site also says Germans, Irish, Welsh, Slavs, Finnish and many other Northern and Eastern Europeans weren't viewed as 'white' by WASP Americans at one point or another too. That doesn't mean anything. Italians are Europeans therefore they are white.

"Most ethnic groups native to Europe might not have been considered White at some point in U.S. history. Among those not considered white were the Catholics and Orthodox, as well as those who did not whom did not fall under the White Anglo-Saxon Protestant (WASP) criteria such as Italians, Irish, Portuguese, Germans, Slavs, Greeks, Welsh, Finnish, etc. However, legally all these groups were Caucasian.[10]"

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2781 Feb 13, 2013
Yes Italians are white. This notion that they and the Irish weren't considered white in the U.S. comes from so-called "whiteness historians." It's a field that has come up recently out of radical Marxism. Read up about the "whiteness historians" and you'll realize where all this nonsense is coming from and why they are doing it.

Here is a three part article:
http://tinyurl.com/byt2hvx
http://tinyurl.com/aj852kr
http://tinyurl.com/ce2y7rs

Level 2

Location hidden

#2783 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>The rumor wouldnt exist at all if there wasnt something behind it. No ones claiming that the Irish arent white.
The rumor exists not because there is something behind it but because ignorant people believe it and want it to be true when it clearly is not. And yes back in the days you are talking about not only the Irish but Germans, Finnish, Welsh and anyone else who wasn't a WASP was viewed as 'not white' by WASPies. Now run around and try to claim the Fins as "not white" based upon such outdated crazy beliefs so we can laugh some more when next you trying to claim the Italians as "not white" based upon the same foolish criteria.

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2784 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>The rumor wouldnt exist at all if there wasnt something behind it. No ones claiming that the Irish arent white.
Hey BA.

Level 2

Location hidden

#2789 Feb 13, 2013
Beer Belly Bob wrote:
<quoted text>I never claimed they were the progeny of Morrs,Northern Italians did/do and the video I showed states it. Im only ever said that they were not considered white when they first came to the US because they werent. And I can show link after link after link about it. Anyone that wants to claim different (Chris) needs to back it up with more than just their own words.
http://lachristagreco.com/2011/05/19/italian-...
It's just too easy for me.
And its easy for us to show you are foolish and have no clue what you are talking about. Italians were as white back then as they are too, you posted a link that explained back then the GERMANS, IRISH, ITALIANS, WELSH and even the FINNISH weren't viewed as 'white' back then by WASP Americans not because they weren't white but because WASPs believed in their own superiority. You only hark on the Italians because black Americans such as you are obsessed on white people like the Italians, which is hard to figure out since Italians were always white and have nothing in common with you black Americans.

"Most ethnic groups native to Europe might not have been considered White at some point in U.S. history. Among those not considered white were the Catholics and Orthodox, as well as those who did not whom did not fall under the White Anglo-Saxon Protestant (WASP) criteria such as Italians, Irish, Portuguese, Germans, Slavs, Greeks, Welsh, Finnish, etc. However, legally all these groups were Caucasian.[10]"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Coffee Party 1,684,405
Dems Finally showing some BackBone 4 min Joey 5
Bets on how long shutdown will last... 12 min Joey 31
News As women march a year after Trump's election, h... 21 min Cath League of Du... 5
Highest poverty rate in U.S.? California! 36 min Paul 111
president donald trump dead at age 71 38 min Jake 22
White girls are hating hard on Meghan Markle !! 44 min GreatSouthbay4040 88
Racist White People on MLK Day. 47 min Paul 129
Black rulership in Eroupe during the Dark Ages? (Dec '10) 1 hr el rey de los cam... 757
WHITE FOLKS: YOU need to know what King Knew! 1 hr el rey de los cam... 161
Democrats decide that illegal immigrants are mo... 2 hr el rey de los cam... 29
More from around the web