Italians are NOT White!!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2719 Feb 4, 2013
latency wrote:
atleast italians have to look it up in some books or dna testing..
that guy actually knows who his great black grandparent is and yet says he's just white..
actually he doesn't but that's for anotehr topic area..
What du yu claim?
Truthism

United States

#2721 Feb 4, 2013
Look at the so-called "Dinaro Mediterranid" type:
http://www.humanphenotypes.com/DinaroMed.html
Found mainly in southern Europe.

Now look at the "Nordid" type:
http://www.humanphenotypes.com/Nordid.html
Found mainly in northern Europe

If "Europe" were the only landmass on Earth, do you think all of them would say "We're white"? Doubt it. They'd split each other up with more specific labels according to how people differentiate from others in outward appearance, as this website is now doing.

I'd say they should be more specific. White is too general of a label.

It'd be like aliens, who'd look drastically different from anything found on Earth, coming to Earth and saying "Black"? "White"? No! You're human! You all have a nose, two eyes, two ears, two lungs, one heart, two legs, two arms; all walk upright; all can speak each others' language if you choose to learn it; all can reproduce with each other! You're HUMAN!

But we humans can now pick out differences typically found in specific groups, so we focus on those instead of looking at all of our similarities.

So, I guess, if people are willing to bunch all "Europeans" together as if they're 'one big family,' then they should have no problem bunching all humans together as 'one big family', huh? ;-)
Anthony

Fayetteville, NC

#2723 Feb 4, 2013
As I said in another post, we're "white" in the sense that we're europeans..however "discrimination" doe's occasionally occur amongst different euro-ethnicities,

True, you will occasionally find the young wannabe sell-out whom doesn't want to identify as "white" because it's not so popular to be white amongst certain other races...just as I've encountered wannabe blonde hair blue-eyed guys whom claim that they're native Americans, lol, however we are what we are.
Truthism

United States

#2724 Feb 5, 2013
Neelix and Kes wrote:
<quoted text>
That's crap jerkoff I've been watching Italian news for a while now, not that I can understand it. But I see blonde and ranga Italians. I've seen very pale Italians and not one person I have seen has been olive or dark skinned, not one! Didn't you know that Tuetons and Germans conquered much of Northern Italy? Look at their skin, Italians are white PERIOD.
Then they certainly only show specific looking Italians, because many with darker tones of hair, eyes and skin (not medium brown like Indians, but light olive) exist in huge numbers in Italy, especially the southern parts. Media is not always a thing to go by; they pick and choose what to show with obvious bias - same thing happens in the U.S. You don't know this? lol! Go visit the country and go to all different parts, then you'll see the huge range of mixtures.

Of course I know about the Germanic invasions, and not just in Italy, but all or most of southern Europe from hundreds of years ago, while Rome was in decline, then after the invasions they called it the "Holy Roman Empire" but nothing was holy about it and they weren't all Roman! lol! The Germanics also invaded 'Britannia', thus you see Anglo-Saxons and others mixed there today, along with the original more "Mediterranean" looking types (or at least mixed with) like Cheryl Cole, Sean Connery, Collin Farrell, etc.

And yes, of course I know about lighter colored Italians; I'm not implying the Dinaro-Med type is what ALL or most Italians look like, but it is a big chunk of their look though - same with Greece; that example was taken from random pictures this person has on that website. He has no specific bias toward anyone, as far as I've seen and many European descent people like that website. Yes, Italy has a mixture of different colors, from blondes (minority) to brown/black hair (majority); from blue eyes (minority) to brown eyes (dominant majority).

That website is showing the types of European looks and where they're mostly found compared to other types; exceptions aside.

Italians are European, yes, because they live on lands apart of what they label "Europe" today. But there are still different minor genetic groups within Europeans, to where you can see clear differences as well. So "white" is way too general.

The humanphenotypes website is nice, because it specifies peoples different types of features.
Truthism

United States

#2726 Feb 5, 2013
Adagtr wrote:
Why are you trying to put down Italians Truthism?
Put down? lol! I'm not trying to put down anyone.

I'm attempting to clear up a situation that is so muddied by insecure racists who try to bunch everyone under one umbrella when it comes to their aid in feeling 'superior' to others they're attempting to put down.

I already know the DNA tests show Italians in general to be closely related to other Europeans as compared to West Africans, East Asians, etc. Yes, I know this and have seen the results. I even said it in this thread, if you go back a few pages, you'll see.

I just think the "white" label is silly, because so many people have different definitions of what a "white" person looks like!

Did you know there are many Italians, Greeks and Spaniards that complain about "white Americans" calling these southern Europeans "Latino" (which is code-word here for "NON-white"), because of their darker pigmentation in hair, eyes and skin?

I've heard it and seen it myself. So this is another reason why this "white" label is stupid. It's too general. People all over the world need to LEARN that Europeans don't all look alike; they're not all light eyed, light haired, pale skinned peoples. There's a mixture of dark and light all on the same landmass.
Truthism

United States

#2727 Feb 5, 2013
Did you know even Iranians, in general, genetically cluster close to Europeans? They do. Are Iranians "European"?

If not... why?

Because they don't live on the landmass called "Europe"?

Are Iranians "white"?

Most people say only Europeans are "white" yet Iran is not located in "Europe"... yet genetically many Iranians show close relation to so-called "Europeans"!

Even many Indians show closer relation to "Europeans" than to other groups like West Africans. Does this mean Indians can be called "white" now? Where does "white" begin and end on a genetic basis?
Truthism

United States

#2730 Feb 5, 2013
White Pride Is Not Racism wrote:
Truthism look how White these Italians are. Italians are as White as Dutchmen. You can get dark haired and dark eyed Nordics, and light haired and light eyed Greeks! You yourself lump groups together in regards to those links you posted earlier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I already said "exceptions aside". Go read my post(s) thoroughly this time. They are talking about in general! Blondism is no where near as dominant in Italy (especially the south) as compared to certain Northern European countries.

That humanphenotypes website does a good job on describing the different types of appearances for certain groups of Europeans today, typically concentrated in specific parts of Europe (highest concentration thus hinting at their origin).
Chris

Bronx, NY

#2731 Feb 5, 2013
A brunette European is as white as a blond European. Italians are white, genetically, phenotypically culturally etc they are similar to all other Europeans.
Truthism

United States

#2733 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Seems like you think people who don't have blonde hair aren't white
I'm not going to go back and forth over this all day.

"White" depends upon ones own personal interpretation of the word; it's not a universal fact that science can back up.

DNA tests show certain groups clustering closer to others, yes, but what one calls each group is up to the individual. Each group blurs into the next. They're all related to one extent or another; each setting up a bridge leading to the next.

WHERE does "white" begin?

WHERE does "white" end?

And WHO makes that decision for everyone else?

That's up to PERSONAL interpretation.

The definition of "white" seems to change as centuries pass.

European, yes, because they're located on a landmass everyone agrees is officially called "Europe" - but there are different mixes of people in "Europe." They're not all the same. DNA tests prove it!
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#2735 Feb 5, 2013
Truthism wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to go back and forth over this all day.
"White" depends upon ones own personal interpretation of the word; it's not a universal fact that science can back up.
DNA tests show certain groups clustering closer to others, yes, but what one calls each group is up to the individual. Each group blurs into the next. They're all related to one extent or another; each setting up a bridge leading to the next.
WHERE does "white" begin?
WHERE does "white" end?
And WHO makes that decision for everyone else?
That's up to PERSONAL interpretation.
The definition of "white" seems to change as centuries pass.
European, yes, because they're located on a landmass everyone agrees is officially called "Europe" - but there are different mixes of people in "Europe." They're not all the same. DNA tests prove it!
You are correct in a sense but DNA also proves Europeans in general are very closely related to one another. Geneticists show that Europe is genetically homogeneous of all the continents. Europeans have the least genetic diversity among groups. Europe is not a very large continent so its common sense that these people have been mixing it up with each other since prehistoric times. Yes if we dig deeper Europeans can be cluster in their specific geographical demographics within their immediate nation neighbors, i.e. an Italian would be closer related to a Serbian then to a Sweden, but in general Europeans are very closely related to each other.

"The least amount of population differentiation was found in comparisons between the United States, Northern Europe, and Southern Europe. Minimal differentiation was noted between Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, and Spain), Northern Europe (Britain, the Netherlands, and France), and the United States. These individuals were identified in previous studies as Caucasian (i.e. of European descent), and likely share some degree of common ancestry. Sub-group analysis of the Northern and Southern European groups showed little evidence of population differentiation. This is consistent with other studies showing little among-population differentiation[25,27,30]. " ~ Nucleotide diversity and population differentiation of the Melanocortin 1 Receptor gene, MC1R
Truthism

United States

#2736 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
The rule is if you are born with white skin and your family were born white, then you are a white person. In regards to mixed DNA in Europe, look at Asia mongoliod DNA is different from southeast Asian DNA, and different from the DNA of say, Japanese people. As for Africans Sub Saharan African people have different DNA Pygmys.
I see. White skin?

So this Japanese person...
https://www.google.com/search...
...is "white" according to your interpretation of the word?

Interesting!:-)

I'm glad you brought up "Asia" because Indians live in "Asia" so should they be grouped with "mongoloid" Japanese or Chinese, whom also live in "Asia"?

Asia, one "continent" (so-called) just like Europe, one "continent" (so-called).

So which is it: DNA relation or landmass location?

And if you're going by skin pigmentation to judge on who's "white" then you must also judge on hair and eye pigmentation.

After all, blue eyes (a major lack of pigmentation turns them blue) is the equivalent of "white skin" on a person.

Blond hair (a major lack of pigmentation turns it yellow) is the equivalent to "white skin" on a person.

Brown eyes and brown (or black) hair is the equivalent to someone with brown skin (like Indians)!

That "brown" is melanin concentrated inside!

Very interesting!:-)
Anthony

Fayetteville, NC

#2737 Feb 5, 2013
Truthism wrote:
<quoted text>
Put down? lol! I'm not trying to put down anyone.
I'm attempting to clear up a situation that is so muddied by insecure racists who try to bunch everyone under one umbrella when it comes to their aid in feeling 'superior' to others they're attempting to put down.
landmass.
One question:

Then why not go attempt to clear up th situation in the "brown pride" or black supremacist forums?

Why not go and lecture some of the chinese guys whom believe that the chinese are the true "master race"?

Or, better yet, go clear up the misunderstanding of those racist jews whom believe that all goyim are inferior and created to serve them?

I get sick of people like you---europeans are their own worst enemy. There's no people upon the earth whom work so hard to up-lift others at the expense of their own, to divide and destroy their very own people.

Do us all a favor and move to mexico or Africa.
Jeff

Natick, MA

#2738 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
The rule is if you are born with white skin and your family were born white, then you are a white person. In regards to mixed DNA in Europe, look at Asia mongoliod DNA is different from southeast Asian DNA, and different from the DNA of say, Japanese people. As for Africans Sub Saharan African people have different DNA Pygmys.
Correlating people based upon skin color is a social construct. Color of skin is based mostly on evolution due to climate and geographical locations. There are Asians who are as dark as some Africans and other Asians who are as light as Europeans. Genetically as humans we are all related. Over time founder effects based upon Isolation by distance have arise, meaning populations that live near each other are more likely to exchange mates than populations that live further apart. As a result Continental populations that live near each other are genetically more similar than populations that live far apart. Genetic distance in populations is a measure used to compare the genetic relationship between populations. It is based on the principle that populations that share similar frequencies of a trait are closer relations than populations that have different frequencies of a trait. The genetic distance between populations increases linearly with the geographic distance between populations due to isolation by distance and serial founder effects. Genetic admixture increases the genetic diversity of a population. When admixture occurs between populations, the genetic distance between the two populations is reduced. What this means is East Asians cluster closer with other East Asians, Europeans cluster closer with other Europeans, Native Americans cluster closer with other Native Americans, and so on.
Saudade

Luton, UK

#2739 Feb 6, 2013
First of all: who cares? In 2013 it's absurd to speak about races still, and even if you do you can't restrain every ethnicity in a single cauldron, like you can't so that with Italy, a nation which such an old story tha you can find shards of so many people that you can ever imagine(from the ancient greeks to the persians, from the austrians to the west asia) which means that every italian is so different from the other. If you go to The south, you're going to find a certain kind of italian, usually with dark skin, black hair and brown eyes(while it's not so obvious), if you go to the north(like Trieste, Bolzano or Treviso) you'll be surprised from how much white they are.
Source: I'm italian, I'm white as milk, while my girlfriend is brazilian, and she's mixed.
happy

Brooklyn, NY

#2741 Feb 6, 2013
BLACK AMERICAN PRINCE wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass, you yourself admit you are half German that is why you are so white. There are people who are half African American/half white who are white (Jennifer Beals, Rashida Jones, etc.) but that doesn't make African Americans white. You see how silly your logic is? Your Roman genes must have been bred out of you.
Take one look at that Jersey Shore trash and tell me which one of them is white.
That's from all of that EXTRA tanning honey.
happy

Brooklyn, NY

#2742 Feb 6, 2013
Italians are white; they did not started out as such but with all the years of mixing in marriage and/or breeding with Irish and German mates' they became more and more white in skin color, hair color, and eye color.
No different to what's going to soon happen to thee African American and African born with their mixing and enter marrying and having children with whites.
Infact, this even happened with the jews; when they enter married with thee white pale skin europeans they became a more lighter skin people over the course of years of enter breeding with the white european.
Jews originally were more like thee middle eastern people with dark skin, hair and eyes; before enter marrying with european people who's known for their pale / light whiteness in skin tone, hair, and eye color.
Vito

Shelby, NC

#2744 Feb 7, 2013
We are not white we are Latin the people of Rome spoke Latin so that is what we are along with French Spaniards,Romanians,Portuguese and any others who have descendants from the Latin people Italians were not white to hitler or the kkk ultimate white supremacy groups Italians were excluded dont try 2 claim us now we are not white Latin isn't Mexican and Puerto Rican Cuban etc that is Hispanic 2 different races
Saudade

UK

#2746 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Race is absurd, what a stupid thing to say, and shame on you for not wanting to preserve your racial identity, people like you are race traitors, you are contributing to the decline of our numbers and our GeNOcide.
You have probably such a microscopical dick that you are probably having nightmares of black guys every night, ooo poor thing. I ll tell you that today the word "race" is considered to have no meaning in the official biological dictionary, so go to study and open your mind.
For the other problem, you're lucky to live in an age in which aesthetic surgery exists. ;)
Chris

Bronx, NY

#2749 Feb 7, 2013
Vito wrote:
We are not white we are Latin the people of Rome spoke Latin so that is what we are along with French Spaniards,Romanians,Portuguese and any others who have descendants from the Latin people Italians were not white to hitler or the kkk ultimate white supremacy groups Italians were excluded dont try 2 claim us now we are not white Latin isn't Mexican and Puerto Rican Cuban etc that is Hispanic 2 different races
The fact that you used a fake username like "Vito" proves you aren't Italian. Plus Italians self Identify as white cause that is what Italians are. Genetically as well as phenotypically they cluster with other Europeans. They are European therefore Italians are white.
Tammy

Knoxville, TN

#2750 Feb 7, 2013
We are most definitely Caucasian. I would have to assume that's what is referred to as "white" in the above posts. Technically (& genetically) speaking, we are one of 3 subclasses of Caucasian-specifically, Mediterranean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min red and right 1,278,275
The United Nations criticized how America treat... 6 min Barkey 1
Studies Confirm the Dehumanization of Black Chi... 10 min PolakPotrafi 2
Sistahs who've moved on without a care! 18 min PolakPotrafi 19
Keep a Word, Drop a Word, GAME ON!!! (Oct '12) 20 min Halle Berry Sister 5,880
Why whites never talk about their origin? They... 25 min rebel111 49
White men are ugly (Nov '12) 32 min Guest commenter 79
Egyptians in Egypt 1 hr notbrainwashed 544
African AE is white and the dumbest poster on t... 1 hr PolakPotrafi 25
Why do people hate jews??????? (Jan '12) 2 hr notbrainwashed 71