Italians are NOT White!!!!
tjm

Long Branch, NJ

#2680 Jan 25, 2013
I am full Italian/Sicilian ancestry.
Italians, Greeks, Spanish (Spain), Portugese and Turkish are in a sub category of what i call ''Euro-Latin''.
Basically, we are the ''Hispanics'' of the Old World.
We all have similar histories, civilizations. artwork, food etc in the same way you can tell Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Vietnamese etc are all Asians.
This is the best answer you can get to this question.
franco

Australia

#2682 Jan 28, 2013
im italian and after 1 day of sun (my occupation requires me to work in the sun) and im really brown WITH BLUE EYES and look somewhat arab alot of italians have mixed blood ie african/egyptian etc, i dont consider myself white at all but we are not a lesser race. we suffered the same discrimination as african americans did, and i live in australia and in my area i still receive the same behaviour we did years ago. FUCK anyone that doesnt accept any racial group for being who they are simply for colour,looks and culture
Truthism

United States

#2683 Jan 28, 2013
franco wrote:
im italian and after 1 day of sun (my occupation requires me to work in the sun) and im really brown WITH BLUE EYES and look somewhat arab alot of italians have mixed blood ie african/egyptian etc, i dont consider myself white at all but we are not a lesser race. we suffered the same discrimination as african americans did, and i live in australia and in my area i still receive the same behaviour we did years ago. FUCK anyone that doesnt accept any racial group for being who they are simply for colour,looks and culture
They're just insecure and probably jealous that you tan nicely whereas they probably burn.

They just need counselors and should also move back to their native land if they don't like others "different" from them.
yop

France

#2684 Jan 28, 2013
Liar,do not try to look like real dark skin people.these have really suffer from discrimination.and they have reasons to be revolted.not you.you re just a frustrated white who want to close in on blacks and arabs to be more fashionable and attractive,you liar.
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#2685 Jan 28, 2013
franco wrote:
You are full of it. Italians are white, they are European and they have as little to NO African/Egyptian/Arab admixture as all other Europeans. Many Africans and Arabs have European admixture but I don't see you people go around claiming they aren't Africans or Middle Eastern.Genetically they cluster with all other Europeans, phenotypically they look no different then other Europeans, linguistically they are Indo-Europeans and culturally, historically, geographically etc they are European. Italians are white. Period.
UruEuWauWau

Brazil

#2687 Jan 28, 2013
franco wrote:
Ma si, come no, solo leccandoti i fondelli arriverai lontano, puoi starne certo, TDC ienki dei miei stivali. ;-D Ya ain't no Italian but a delusional Yank, case closed. ;-)

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2688 Jan 30, 2013
Skin color and DNA don't matter when AAs classify themselves as black. They only matter when others classify themselves as white.
mattia

Turin, Italy

#2689 Feb 3, 2013
Italians can be white or not,but Italy(with Greece) is the place where civilization born.Not USA.

Location hidden

#2691 Feb 3, 2013
mattia wrote:
Italians can be white or not,but Italy(with Greece) is the place where civilization born.Not USA.
Chinese were very greatful!
Truthism

United States

#2692 Feb 3, 2013
Brainiac2 wrote:
Skin color and DNA don't matter when AAs classify themselves as black. They only matter when others classify themselves as white.
DNA always matters to me above anything else.

If someone labels themselves whatever in order to explain to others their appearance, then so be it; however, DNA is the only thing that truly matters to me when it comes down to it.

There are Japanese with very light skin, just as light as certain Europeans... but it doesn't make them "white" nor closely related to Europeans with equally light skin tone. Certain groups of Europeans have bone-straight hair and white skin, just like many East Asians... but it doesn't mean they're closely related to each other; it doesn't mean we call those East Asians "white" now, right?
Chris

Springfield, NJ

#2694 Feb 3, 2013
Brainiac2 wrote:
This is so true! They can label themselves what ever they want but god forbid white people who are white, and have nothing to do with AAs, identify as white, black Americans get bend out of shape and start threads about them. They are nuts. What do they care what Italians identify as racially.......and yet they started a whole threads about it.
actual italian

Cremona, Italy

#2695 Feb 3, 2013
you are all crazy of course italians are white
I'm italia fyi

Location hidden

#2696 Feb 3, 2013
Truthism wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA always matters to me above anything else.
If someone labels themselves whatever in order to explain to others their appearance, then so be it; however, DNA is the only thing that truly matters to me when it comes down to it.
There are Japanese with very light skin, just as light as certain Europeans... but it doesn't make them "white" nor closely related to Europeans with equally light skin tone. Certain groups of Europeans have bone-straight hair and white skin, just like many East Asians... but it doesn't mean they're closely related to each other; it doesn't mean we call those East Asians "white" now, right?
True, anthopologically, skin color has never been the sole factor in determining race.

BTW

Southern East Asians once referred to the Chinese as white.

Location hidden

#2697 Feb 3, 2013
anthropologically

Location hidden

#2698 Feb 3, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so true! They can label themselves what ever they want but god forbid white people who are white, and have nothing to do with AAs, identify as white, black Americans get bend out of shape and start threads about them. They are nuts. What do they care what Italians identify as racially.......and yet they started a whole threads about it.
Could it be a culturally-derived tendency acquired via close association with racist-prone white Americans?
Anthony

Four Oaks, NC

#2699 Feb 3, 2013
Yes, we're "white" in the sense that we're
Europeans...and then it begins to blur when you get around Turkey.

See, here's the thing. There's already enough "diversity" amongst whites so that we don't need you to add any for us, got it?

Look at the Irish, look at the Germans, look at the Spanish, look at us--plenty of diversity amongst us, we're one big family even though we don't always get along.

And ALL people are racist to some extent or another, can't just pin it on euro-people, ya know?

I've been throughout the middle-east and to china once...and I KNOW that people all over the world are racist, it's just the way that it is. Only in western countries is race and racism such a big obcession.

Now go worry about your own people and stop worrying about what we are, it doesn't concern you. We're certainly not Africans..we're europeans.

peace
yop

France

#2700 Feb 3, 2013
As black,i do not appreciate frustrated whites who try to close in on us by lying about their origins and skin colors.franco is a frustrated white liar.and by the way,whether you are italian or not,you are caucasian and subsequently as white as a viking.
Anthony

Four Oaks, NC

#2701 Feb 3, 2013
Thats right, we're white. Who cares?

People need to end their race-obcession.
Anthony

Four Oaks, NC

#2702 Feb 3, 2013
franco wrote:
You're what we call a "wigger" in the USA.

It's not cool to pretend to be something that you aren't. We're a member of the european family, lets not pretend other-wise for the sake of trying to identify with people of color and jump on the "hate whitey" band-wagon.

The irish also suffered discrimination and they're are the whitest of the whites.

Having been discriminated against doesn't get you into the people-of-color-minority-club, ya know?

The type of discrimination that you speak of is the kind that exists between some of the different european ethnicities/cultures but doesn't make us non-european. Some Irish dislike the brits, some brits dislike the irish, some brits dislike the polish, some french don't like Americans, some americans didn't like the irish or italians a long time ago...and on and on.

While I agree that there may have been some mixing at one time or another amongst a segment of the population, we're still caucasions. et rid of the self-hate and be proud of your people.

people
yop

France

#2703 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah tell him baby...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The slave masters shouldve turned American nigh... 2 min Back Whipping Master 6
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Jimmy 1,761,210
What Did African Americans Contribute To America? 5 min Back Whipping Master 23
News The Latest: Cory Booker campaigns for Democrat ... 7 min RMG Inigo Montoya 7
Republicans take lead in midterm generic ballot 9 min RMG Inigo Montoya 17
RIP: Ihn the Troll 5/22/18 13 min RMG Inigo Montoya 9
NFL nighurs WHIPPED! Can't kneel for anthem an... 16 min KIR SUCKA 21
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 2 hr GOT ROPE 40,781
BM in Britain please slap Meghan for us 3 hr grace fallen 57
White rage is on the way: White people aren't g... 6 hr Barros 87
Why do Italians call us mooleys??? wat is dat (Oct '07) 11 hr Ur mother 97