London, UK

#2 Nov 10, 2007
come on
Proud to be White

AOL

#3 Nov 10, 2007
Doomsday wrote:
we didn't do anything wrong to anyone but yet we r hated
Other races do not hate black people. Why does everybody think that?
annonymous1

Derry, NH

#4 Nov 10, 2007
ALOT of people in other races hate blacks. The most offensive black jokes I've over heard came from Asian people. From what I hear it has to do with crime. Sad people don't take responsability and brings a whole race down. Look at slavery. Only 1% of all white people in history owned slaves, and they brought there whole race down with them.
annonymous1

Derry, NH

#5 Nov 10, 2007
ALOT of people in other races hate blacks. The most offensive black jokes I've over heard came from Asian people. From what I hear it has to do with crime. Sad people don't take responsability and brings a whole race down. Look at slavery. Only 1% of all white people in history owned slaves, and they brought there whole race down with them.
sakjfd

Derry, NH

#6 Nov 10, 2007

“One word....RAGE!!!”

Since: Oct 07

Canada

#7 Nov 10, 2007
Proud to be White wrote:
<quoted text>
Because "everybody" IS "other races" hence everybody has a sense of disgust or hate toward black people its a fact!
Proud to be White

AOL

#8 Nov 10, 2007
ShaKA_Zulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Because "everybody" IS "other races" hence everybody has a sense of disgust or hate toward black people its a fact!
What I meant was every one as in every one including black people think that other races hate black people, which is far from the truth.
BlackChild

Johnston, RI

#14 Nov 12, 2007
Whiter Shade of Pale wrote:
You want the truth?
Crime. Watch the local news. Every night there are black thugs in hoodies being led away by police. For crimes they didn't commit of course.
"Officer, I was in the library when he got murdered reading Marcel Proust's 'Rememberance of Things Past.' I swear! Ask my cuz Lady Killah. He was reading 'Curious George' to the kids."
That's why young black men are feared. CRIME. It's not because they have a big penis or can dunk a basketball.
If Navajo Indians were in the media as much as black men are for crimes then people would be saying the same thing about Navajoes. Guaranteed.
I'll bet my life on it.
White people have little respect for black people. More truth for ya. Drug trade. Baby mamas
& papas. High school dropouts. Stupid hoochies.
When white people think of black people, it's usually not something good.
"
I agree with your comments one hundred percent. You did not even make mention to the percentage of us that suffer from preventable STDs. As a young black man growing up in today's society, it saddens me to see so many of my age mates succumbing to the negativity we are notorious for causing. All the hatred I see around me almost drove me to suicide at one time. Committing crime, being lazy, glorifying a destructive lifestyle, disrespecting authority, and being an overall disgrace is all I see today. I feel like for the rest of my life I must work to avoid becoming a stereotype. I believe that if I can show people in other races that there are actually some of us that strive to be productive in society and better ourselves, then I have a reason to live: as a beacon of hope. I simply refuse to allow myself to become a societal menace.
BlackChild

Johnston, RI

#17 Nov 13, 2007
Scarlett wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, White people today are hated by blacks and we didn't do anything. We weren't the one's who owned slaves but we are held responsible for the actions of a very small percentage of people who owned slaves. Why is that same hate never directed at black people because their ancestors also owned slaves. Both black and White people owned slaves but only Whites are hated for what we had no control over.
Today's White people have no more control over their ancestor's actions of the past than blacks do over their ancestors doing the same thing (includig selling their own into slavery).
I strongly agree with your point. I said the same thing to someone else, we have no control over what our ancestors did. The reason that blacks resent whites for owning slaves is that they don't know the effects that black/black slavery has. It is not as "sensationalized" as the white/black slavery issue. Even some whites feel guilty about slavery, when they wouldn't even know what if was it weren't for history books! The problem is that some blacks feel that since white ancestors owned slaves and benefited from their labor (in the past) then the whites of today owe them because slavery has held them back from reaping the benefits that their ancestors labored for. There lies the problem: if the playing field today is even (seemingly so), then do blacks have a right to complain about the poverty that began several generations ago? It is a sad situation when blacks place blame on today's whites for the actions of their ancestors. They just want someone to be angry at for their predestined poverty. They want answers but what do whites today have to offer? They give us affirmative action, hoping to clean up the mess. Now the whites, who had nothing to do with slavery, are angry with the blacks who are getting benefits because it is "not fair treatment". It is a very big mess that no one knows how to fix but will continue to cause division among the races. All we can do is try to work hard and hope no one thinks we only got our jobs because of affirmative action. All whites can do is work hard and hope they get the job they deserve regardless of this terrible system. The only way to make things right would be to eliminate affirmative action and give the most deserving person the job, which would cause competition between blacks and whites. There is nothing wrong with healthy competition, but because of the events in the past, it will only fuel the fire that is racial tension. We, blacks and whites, can never win with each other. All we can do is try to get along on an individual level. That's what I'm trying to do, personally.

“PEACE !!!”

Since: Oct 07

why

#19 Nov 13, 2007
Once again your logic is asinine, what about those blacks in sudan. They are just in their village minding their own damn business and they are murdered and raped. What about all the blacks all over the world who have harmed no one. Why are they hated. HUMMM??? Cant answer that can you? Like I said, there is no excuse for hating an entire race, and for absolutely nothing but the color of our skin. But you are white, your logic will always be warped.
Whiter Shade of Pale wrote:
You want the truth?
Crime. Watch the local news. Every night there are black thugs in hoodies being led away by police. For crimes they didn't commit of course.
"Officer, I was in the library when he got murdered reading Marcel Proust's 'Rememberance of Things Past.' I swear! Ask my cuz Lady Killah. He was reading 'Curious George' to the kids."
That's why young black men are feared. CRIME. It's not because they have a big penis or can dunk a basketball.
If Navajo Indians were in the media as much as black men are for crimes then people would be saying the same thing about Navajoes. Guaranteed.
I'll bet my life on it.
White people have little respect for black people. More truth for ya. Drug trade. Baby mamas
& papas. High school dropouts. Stupid hoochies.
When white people think of black people, it's usually not something good.
Attention, young black men.
Say to yourself, "I will not be a gangbanger or lead the thug life anymore. As of Jan 1, 2008, no more crime. I will be a positive asset to my community. Going to stay out of the back of a police car. I won't drop out of school. Maybe I'll go to college. Get a job. Work hard. I won't abuse women. I'll respect authority. My brain is more important than my penis or being cool, tough & hard. No longer will I be just another stereotype."
tommy

Englewood, CO

#20 Nov 14, 2007
Proud to be White wrote:
<quoted text>
whoever watches tv hates black men.
Democrat for Life

United States

#21 Nov 14, 2007
I can't think of one race that has anything good to say about the negros.
Cuteblkdude

Washington, DC

#22 Nov 14, 2007
tommy wrote:
<quoted text>whoever watches tv hates black men.
It's not so much TV. The problem is a lot of black men live up to those jacked up stereo types you see on TV.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#23 Nov 14, 2007
BlackChild wrote:
<quoted text>
I strongly agree with your point. I said the same thing to someone else, we have no control over what our ancestors did. The reason that blacks resent whites for owning slaves is that they don't know the effects that black/black slavery has. It is not as "sensationalized" as the white/black slavery issue. Even some whites feel guilty about slavery, when they wouldn't even know what if was it weren't for history books! The problem is that some blacks feel that since white ancestors owned slaves and benefited from their labor (in the past) then the whites of today owe them because slavery has held them back from reaping the benefits that their ancestors labored for. There lies the problem: if the playing field today is even (seemingly so), then do blacks have a right to complain about the poverty that began several generations ago? It is a sad situation when blacks place blame on today's whites for the actions of their ancestors. They just want someone to be angry at for their predestined poverty. They want answers but what do whites today have to offer? They give us affirmative action, hoping to clean up the mess. Now the whites, who had nothing to do with slavery, are angry with the blacks who are getting benefits because it is "not fair treatment". It is a very big mess that no one knows how to fix but will continue to cause division among the races. All we can do is try to work hard and hope no one thinks we only got our jobs because of affirmative action. All whites can do is work hard and hope they get the job they deserve regardless of this terrible system. The only way to make things right would be to eliminate affirmative action and give the most deserving person the job, which would cause competition between blacks and whites. There is nothing wrong with healthy competition, but because of the events in the past, it will only fuel the fire that is racial tension. We, blacks and whites, can never win with each other. All we can do is try to get along on an individual level. That's what I'm trying to do, personally.
WOW. BlackChild, I could not have said it better myself. Thanks for the great post.
black gurl

Laval, Canada

#24 May 2, 2008
i think that people should have more respect for blacks even if they are a negor.
black gurl

Laval, Canada

#25 May 2, 2008
just stop looking at the skin colur and start looking at the personality and you might just make a friend trust me being a black and i would now that some of us are nice.
Rachael

United States

#26 May 2, 2008
Proud to be White wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right.

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#27 May 2, 2008
Doomsday wrote:
we didn't do anything wrong to anyone but yet we r hated
Tell that to Obama and the whites who voted for him.
lincoln

Durango, CO

#28 May 3, 2008
Lona wrote:
Once again your logic is asinine, what about those blacks in sudan. They are just in their village minding their own damn business and they are murdered and raped. What about all the blacks all over the world who have harmed no one. Why are they hated. HUMMM??? Cant answer that can you? Like I said, there is no excuse for hating an entire race, and for absolutely nothing but the color of our skin. But you are white, your logic will always be warped.
<quoted text>
blacks and logic do not belong in the same sentence. the black race is a race like neandertal sub race. the other races have not held you down, your lack of intelligence and the utter inability to rise left to your own devices. nature and the creator simply did not favor your primitive undeveloped race. like the neandertal man you will become extinct if no fed, clothed and medicated by homo sapiens.
you were put on earth at the same time as white and asians yet to have never progressed past the bronze age. african blacks are a dying soon to be extinct sub race. you simply can not do any better than you have for the last couple thousand years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 7 min African AE 109,616
Do you get stereotyped as "Gangsta?" 10 min YILuvWM 5
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Bluestater 1,191,839
Educated Attractive BW rejecting BM in lieu of ... 16 min YILuvWM 1
Why Are White Women So Threatened By Black Wome... (Apr '12) 20 min YILuvWM 531
The forgotten history of HUMAN ZOOS. 23 min Gfc 13
Hit BM with a bottle: 'This Bar is not for Blac... 27 min Thelrony - 2
All women prefer white men 31 min YILuvWM 2,648
Africa DO NOT Need you Black Americans. (from m... 3 hr Bearizcongo 41
Sarah Palin: “We Abolished Slavery And Got Obama 4 hr TimeforHonesty 10